REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 09-20-2016, 04:57 PM   #51
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,379 Times in 478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo View Post
Im using shaw 150.. its super fast from the shaw modem.. hitting max 160-170mbps...

Going through the powerline, it drops off... getting around 80mbps...
try moving the powerline to another plug with only the powerline plugged in. It might be a little better. it also depends on how old the house is,as the cable is not as good in older places. also depends on which powerline model you have as well.
Advertisement
lilaznviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 01:58 PM   #52
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Telus customer considering the switch... Shaws Chinese New Year Offer added..
Limited TV, Internet 150 and Chinese themepack on a value plan
- 1st year - $64.90
- 2nd year - $114.90
Averages out to about $89 a month..$100 including tax within the two years.

Msg if anybody is interested. This deal is pretty good for families who want fast internet + mainly watch chinese channels and don't like to switch back n forth between companies. Comes with up to two boxes.

$75 credit can be applied

///////////////
or If you already have internet with shaw and would like to add tv - Only $25/35 a month for personal/popular tv for one year. No contracts.

Last edited by guurl; 01-18-2017 at 02:19 PM.
guurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 07:46 PM   #53
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

just saw this on reddit but...novus is having a promo right now.

Jer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 06:25 AM   #54
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer3 View Post
just saw this on reddit but...novus is having a promo right now.

I can tell you that's the deal Novus is offering(I work there btw and no please call us if you want the deal do not PM me lol.).

If you are an existing customer and like this package just email us. Is faster this way. Currently if you call to get this promo you might need to wait on hold for 10+ mins. It is currently offer only to existing customer but if you are thinking of switching to us just mention you saw this deal online or your friend is a Novus customer and they got this deal. The promo will expire on April 01.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 12:58 PM   #55
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
I just switched to https://www.can-com.com/internet/high-speed-internet .

Because of a CRTC ruling 3rd party re sellers are able to sell for cheaper.
Old 02-06-2017, 02:07 PM   #56
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
does shaw have a retention package for cable? lol

i've suspended my cable service for a couple months now as i play around with streaming things...i'm most likely gonna cut it altogether unless there's an offer i can't refuse.

i was paying for personal tv + sports package for ~$60
i really only want the sports channels and a couple of channels for news/miscs. I can't do the skinny $25 package cus that doesn't have sports.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 06:35 AM   #57
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post

i've suspended my cable service for a couple months now as i play around with streaming things...i'm most likely gonna cut it altogether unless there's an offer i can't refuse.

i really only want the sports channels and a couple of channels for news/miscs. I can't do the skinny $25 package cus that doesn't have sports.
Nope CRTC ruling you must have a basic cable package before you can add any other packages. Is to ensure and protect Canadian channels are protected. CRTC ruling have also said all other add on channels you must be able to order per channel basis above the cable service. Still not happening. One of the reason is that a lot of the channels are under contract so as long as the contract are not expire channel providers such as Shaw/Telus/Novus have to honor the contract. Once the contract expire then some channels might be able to order.

I can ensure you though you will end up playing close to a package if you only want one channel. For example for CNN HD you can order it for $4 for that channel only or add the whole News package for $7. Sportsnet360 is $7 but you can get the whole Sportsnet package for $10. Unless you really care about saving a few dollars it is better to get the package. A lot of people have been wanting HBO standalone only. Well have fun paying $15 just for HBO or pay for the The movie network package for $17.95.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-07-2017, 07:43 AM   #58
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post

If you removed TV completely you would qualify for the intro TV offers again.
noTirl is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-07-2017, 08:02 AM   #59
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
i'll probably end up cancelling it altogether

started paying for SNET Now at $25/month and i really can't complain. Unlike GC, it's got no blackout so hockey's covered for me.
i'll probably end up buying the MLS service for the year cus the Whitecaps don't have regional blackouts this season either.

all that horse shit regulation is the reason why cable will die pretty soon
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 01:35 AM   #60
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,283 Times in 270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
I just switched to https://www.can-com.com/internet/high-speed-internet .

Because of a CRTC ruling 3rd party re sellers are able to sell for cheaper.
looks tempting for me to swtich. let us know how the service is a couple weeks in
Quote:
Originally Posted by orgasm_donor View Post
organge7 has spoken, and we have done the opposite. yay!
urrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 09:57 PM   #61
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Hoping someone can provide some insight here.

Prior to me changing to Shaw Internet 150. I had one router outputting a mixed signal and one powerline wireless adapter that had the same SSID and pw as the main router, but on different channels. How I understood it was that depending on where I was in the house, my WiFi would jump to which ever had the better signal.

Just changed to Internet 150. The new Hitron modem/router puts out two SSIDs, one 2.4Ghz and one 5Ghz. I still have the powerline wireless adapter, which hasn't been updated yet, so it now has a different SSID/pw than the new channels.

What is the best way to get the same setup as I had prior to changing to Internet 150?

Thanks!
Old 02-16-2017, 07:13 AM   #62
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
Hoping someone can provide some insight here.

Prior to me changing to Shaw Internet 150. I had one router outputting a mixed signal and one powerline wireless adapter that had the same SSID and pw as the main router, but on different channels. How I understood it was that depending on where I was in the house, my WiFi would jump to which ever had the better signal.

Just changed to Internet 150. The new Hitron modem/router puts out two SSIDs, one 2.4Ghz and one 5Ghz. I still have the powerline wireless adapter, which hasn't been updated yet, so it now has a different SSID/pw than the new channels.

What is the best way to get the same setup as I had prior to changing to Internet 150?

Thanks!
If your powerline wireless adapter outputs both 2.4 and 5.0Ghz, I would change the SSIDs of whatever device is easiest to match the other device. IE. If you can easily login to the Shaw modem/router/wireless, change its SSIDs to match your powerline wireless adapter, or vise versa.

If your powerline wireless adapter only support 2.4Ghz, then just change the SSID for 2.4.
Reeyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 07:44 PM   #63
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

brining this thread back to life

anybody use Can Com internet ? about half price.
plz post feedback . thanks
Rallydrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 07:21 AM   #64
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,322 Times in 5,640 Posts
Don’t use power line adapters people, they are garbage and only cause issues.

Google WiFi is by far the best setup I’ve dealt with but it’s fairly pricey
Old 04-10-2018, 07:43 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Don’t use power line adapters people, they are garbage and only cause issues.

Google WiFi is by far the best setup I’ve dealt with but it’s fairly pricey
I can see google WIfI being useful in homes but I have people calling in asking for help to setup their google WiFi in an apartment..... Most people in apartments only need a basic $50 router. Unless you are into serious gaming, running a home business or hosting your own servers you don't need a $100+ router. I guess people get is cause is the "new hipster toy"
Old 04-10-2018, 09:42 AM   #66

In a small apartment the ISP’s router should be more than fine. You shouldn’t having to be use any sort of boosters other than the ISP’s router or like you said, a sub 100 router for the ISP’s who don’t provide one.

Shitty speeds in apartments are almost never contributed to a lack of signal strength and almost always saturation.

Also if you’re having to call in to setup google WiFi, you probably should have gone with an ISP that provides a router as I’ve honestly never setup anything to do with networking that was easier than google WiFi.
Old 04-10-2018, 11:02 AM   #67

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallydrv View Post
brining this thread back to life

anybody use Can Com internet ? about half price.
plz post feedback . thanks
I use it in a second home so it's not used that much. But when I use it the service had been good. It's a Shaw reseller so the service should the same as Shaw just with less support.
Old 08-04-2018, 04:32 PM   #68
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,379 Times in 478 Posts
Got a good deal with telus for internet 300 for a year

lilaznviper is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-09-2020, 12:22 PM   #69
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,530 Times in 1,518 Posts
Anyone living in Delta, specifically Nordel, that has a good recommendation for internet providers? Called Telus and Shaw, they said they can only provide Internet 75. That's garabage, considering we're used to gigabit download speeds LOL
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 01:09 PM   #70

Nordel has the curse of providers using hella old infrastructure left over from Delta cable and the like. Telus’s fiber build has been delayed there and Shaw doesn’t seem to want to invest in new infrastructure so if you need faster than 75 you’re going to be looking at tethering LTE/5G connections or Satellite (enjoy the lag)

You don’t have much in terms of options because all the other providers are just piggybacking off the Shaw and Telus infrastructure
Old 09-09-2020, 01:19 PM   #71
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
lol nordel
good luck

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 01:25 AM   #72
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
whats up with telus fucking always changing the rates and me having to call back and ask them wtf is up, then they prorate it next bill.

my unlimited internet, keeps switching to 1tb limit too. though all of the pricing and shit is contracted. i've been with them for 12 years, this shit is the only thing that keeps reoccuring. no other problems.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 07:21 AM   #73

Thanked 8,909 Times in 3,872 Posts
^ Telus has pulled stuff like that on so many people I know that I refuse to deal with them.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-15-2020, 09:36 AM   #74
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
whats up with telus fucking always changing the rates and me having to call back and ask them wtf is up, then they prorate it next bill.

my unlimited internet, keeps switching to 1tb limit too. though all of the pricing and shit is contracted. i've been with them for 12 years, this shit is the only thing that keeps reoccuring. no other problems.
I've been with Telus for coming up to 3 years. My monthly bill has never been consistent, not a single month the amounts are the same. The services I am using has never changed since day 1. I don't understand how their billing department even able to reconcile their books...

It's rather annoying and waste of time having to call them every month to ask them what is up. Now I've gotten tired of doing so that as long as the amount is within a reasonable range to what I should be paying. Every damn thing I call it ends up being an 1 hour conversation, don't got time doing that every month.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-15-2020, 06:43 PM   #75
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
yeh i rented another tv box and returned it pre-covid. every month i'm still getting the charge and have been on chat/phone to cancel it and i wait a long while and they magically do it, only to see the charge again...i'm too tired and this month switched to email i don't have the patience. it's only $5/month extra (my bill is never the same either).

even though it's fiber i'm tempted to switch back to shaw 150 or whatever...shit's getting silly...i'm in E.Van so I believe i have sevearl options, when i have time i'll be looking in to it.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote