REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   2016 Blue Jays (https://www.revscene.net/forums/710558-2016-blue-jays.html)

MG1 10-06-2016 02:07 PM

2016 Blue Jays

Might be short lived, but they're ahead 7-0 bottom of the 4th in game one.

dbaz 10-06-2016 02:32 PM

bandwagon thread

murd0c 10-06-2016 02:37 PM

https://s11.postimg.org/6y1clv12r/al...an_thrower.png

6o4__boi 10-06-2016 02:38 PM

Straight to the chin there

I'm not a blue jays fan or even a baseball fan by any stretch but I gotta admit it's been entertaining so far.

chouchou 10-06-2016 02:45 PM

that HR by EE in the wildcard game was lit. total bandwagoner here but I was going nuts

MG1 10-06-2016 02:46 PM

I've been a Blue Jays fan since they joined the major leagues. I've played baseball in my youth and love the game.

On a side note, I've been following the Canucks before they even joined the NHL. The Jays have two championships, while the Vanhoover Cannots have.......... uh..........nuff said.

SumAznGuy 10-06-2016 02:58 PM

The funniest part was I was telling everyone the game was over in the Wildcard game with runners on first and third.
My exact words were "watch this. the game is over" and then EE hit that home run.

Unfortunately, I am an O's fan. Loved them since Eddie Murrey, Cal Ripken Jr. That and the Expos with Tim "the Rock" Raines and Dennis "El Presidente, el perfecto" Martinez.

dbaz 10-06-2016 05:39 PM

http://media.cagle.com/163/2015/08/19/167784_600.jpg

chouchou 10-06-2016 10:02 PM

MG1 - what do you think of the Jays' chances this year?

MG1 10-06-2016 10:30 PM

Good, but not great, but man, they're good when firing on all cylinders. Their games are entertaining, for sure. People say they are the most hated team in major league baseball right now. They are cocky, but that's what it takes to win. The rest of the league - they just jelly.

Most impressive thing this year was the amount of Blue Jays supporters at the recent Mariners games. Even one of our very own RS members went.............

MG1 10-06-2016 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 8793282)

Apparently, not the right person. He had a cup in his hand, but he could have poured the brew from that can. He looks sinister enough, lol.

Blah_Teggie 10-06-2016 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 8793377)
Good, but not great, but man, they're good when firing on all cylinders. Their games are entertaining, for sure. People say they are the most hated team in major league baseball right now. They are cocky, but that's what it takes to win. The rest of the league - they just jelly.

Most impressive thing this year was the amount of Blue Jays supporters at the recent Mariners games. Even one of our very own RS members went.............

I was there too. Game 2 when the Jays won 10-2. Yah, amazing atmosphere. I would say it was 90% Jays fans.

Ch28 10-06-2016 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 8793380)
Apparently, not the right person. He had a cup in his hand, but he could have poured the brew from that can. He looks sinister enough, lol.

Toronto Police charge Ken Pagan with mischief in Blue Jays beer can-tossing incident | National Post

MG1 10-07-2016 01:09 AM

He was caught on camera and turned himself into police, but after quite some time had past. There was a snapshot of him holding a cup. He did claim he was drinking out of a cup. As I suspected, he probably poured the beer into that cup from the can he tossed.

Anyway, he's not a very popular guy, atm.

Dumbass..........

SumAznGuy 10-07-2016 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 8793396)
He was caught on camera and turned himself into police, but after quite some time had past. There was a snapshot of him holding a cup. He did claim he was drinking out of a cup. As I suspected, he probably poured the beer into that cup from the can he tossed.

Anyway, he's not a very popular guy, atm.

Dumbass..........

In the pics and video on field, the can still had quite a bit of beer in it.
At the end of the game, there was another can that was tossed but it didn't clear the fence.

Either way, this guy's name is foo'd and the media is making it a bigger story than it should have been. While I agree with the mischief charge, really, posting his face on national TV?

Funniest part is who he works for. Needless to say, there is a chance he has gotten an ear full from his boss.

Verdasco 10-07-2016 07:19 AM

sorta miss the old guys

Delgado, lind, aj burnett, roy halladay sauce, alex rios

only person I remember in 2016's roster compared to 2008 is jose bautista :(

MarkyMark 10-07-2016 07:25 AM

This is the most stacked roster they've ever had, but like usual their success will come down to how well their pitching holds up. Good pitching beats good hitting every time.

Ch28 10-07-2016 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkyMark (Post 8793415)
This is the most stacked roster they've ever had, but like usual their success will come down to how well their pitching holds up. Good pitching beats good hitting every time.

They have the best starting rotation in the majors. Their achilles heel is the atrocious bullpen. Even Osuna blew like 3 of his last 4 saves in the regular season. They're lucky that they picked up Liriano, so they actually have a legit lefty that can eat up innings. Cecil's control has been so inconsistent all season long, while Aaron Loup decided to turn into a garbage pitcher this season

pastarocket 10-07-2016 07:36 AM

Bautista's bat drop after hitting that three run HR in game 1 yesterday certainly silenced those Texas fans. :troll:

MarkyMark 10-07-2016 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ch28 (Post 8793418)
They have the best starting rotation in the majors. Their achilles heel is the atrocious bullpen. Even Osuna blew like 3 of his last 4 saves in the regular season. They're lucky that they picked up Liriano, so they actually have a legit lefty that can eat up innings. Cecil's control has been so inconsistent all season long, while Aaron Loup decided to turn into a garbage pitcher this season

Exactly, pretty much every starter needs to go at least 7 innings or they're fucked. It's nice when they have a 10 run lead but I'm scared when the games are 2-1 in the later innings, that's where things will get interesting.

Durrann 10-07-2016 09:18 AM

jumping on the bandwagon

ForbiddenX 10-07-2016 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkyMark (Post 8793420)
Exactly, pretty much every starter needs to go at least 7 innings or they're fucked. It's nice when they have a 10 run lead but I'm scared when the games are 2-1 in the later innings, that's where things will get interesting.

I just wanna see our offense continuing to get hits. They struggled in September but so far so good in October.

2-0 right now :D

Hoping to catch a playoff game when I get back to Toronto.

XplicitLuder 10-07-2016 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 8793285)
I've been a Blue Jays fan since they joined the major leagues. I've played baseball in my youth and love the game.

On a side note, I've been following the Canucks before they even joined the NHL. The Jays have two championships, while the Vanhoover Cannots have.......... uh..........nuff said.

pls tell me more about how we never heard of you long time fans until like last year Kappa KappaPride

MG1 10-07-2016 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XplicitLuder (Post 8793478)
pls tell me more about how we never heard of you long time fans until like last year Kappa KappaPride

Well, for starters, I never thought there would be baseball fans on RS, let alone Blue Jays fans.

On a side note, I used to be a huge New Westminster Bruins fan, but nobody here would even know of them. Two time Memorial Cup winners, btw. And one of the toughest hockey teams around.

MG1 10-07-2016 11:55 PM

I felt sorry for the Rangers' fans in game two. A lot closer game and could've gone the other way, easily.

Go Jays, GO!!!