REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-22-2017, 06:58 PM   #201
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Wow, what the hell is happening with the U.S. aviation industry??

Flight attendant allegedly hits a female passenger with a baby stroller, as he takes away the item in a violent manner before takeoff.

Then another passenger confronts the flight attendant. It almost becomes Flight Club in the economy seats section of the AA flight.

Does World Star Hip Hop sponsor United Airlines and AA? World Star! World Star!

https://youtu.be/8KuicmwiGAk
Doesn't look like economy, that's right by the cockpit no?
Advertisement
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 10:59 PM   #202
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
Sometimes traumatic things happen in life and can scar people's perspective forever.
It's no different from people growing up from an abusive family or being sexually abused at a young age, etc.

It's very sad.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 11:33 AM   #203
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,458 Times in 588 Posts
United Airlines reaches settlement with passenger who was dragged off plane - Apr. 27, 2017
shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-27-2017, 11:37 AM   #204
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
That was fast.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:18 PM   #205
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
Dr. Dao be like

"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 01:38 PM   #206
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
suing culture in America can be ridiculous but in this case I hope he got millions
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-28-2017, 12:40 PM   #207
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 2,169 Times in 249 Posts
Anyone else who's a united member got an email of apology?

Total crap. They apologized for this incident but do nothing for the bullshit that they put me through. Granted the dude getting dragged off is miles worse but they say they are gonna do right to future customers and yet i didnt get shit for what they put me through.

Heres the letter from my email. The title was "actions speak louder than words". I left out my name and the CEO's signature.

"Each flight you take with us represents an important promise we make to you, our customer. It's not simply that we make sure you reach your destination safely and on time, but also that you will be treated with the highest level of service and the deepest sense of dignity and respect.

Earlier this month, we broke that trust when a passenger was forcibly removed from one of our planes. We can never say we are sorry enough for what occurred, but we also know meaningful actions will speak louder than words.

For the past several weeks, we have been urgently working to answer two questions: How did this happen, and how can we do our best to ensure this never happens again?

It happened because our corporate policies were placed ahead of our shared values. Our procedures got in the way of our employees doing what they know is right.

Fixing that problem starts now with changing how we fly, serve and respect our customers. This is a turning point for all of us here at United – and as CEO, it's my responsibility to make sure that we learn from this experience and redouble our efforts to put our customers at the center of everything we do.

That’s why we announced that we will no longer ask law enforcement to remove customers from a flight and customers will not be required to give up their seat once on board – except in matters of safety or security.

We also know that despite our best efforts, when things don’t go the way they should, we need to be there for you to make things right. There are several new ways we’re going to do just that.

We will increase incentives for voluntary rebooking up to $10,000 and will be eliminating the red tape on permanently lost bags with a new "no-questions-asked" $1,500 reimbursement policy. We will also be rolling out a new app for our employees that will enable them to provide on-the-spot goodwill gestures in the form of miles, travel credit and other amenities when your experience with us misses the mark. You can learn more about these commitments and many other changes at hub.united.com.

While these actions are important, I have found myself reflecting more broadly on the role we play and the responsibilities we have to you and the communities we serve.

I believe we must go further in redefining what United's corporate citizenship looks like in our society. You can and ought to expect more from us, and we intend to live up to those higher expectations in the way we embody social responsibility and civic leadership everywhere we operate. I hope you will see that pledge express itself in our actions going forward, of which these initial, though important, changes are merely a first step.

Our goal should be nothing less than to make you truly proud to say, "I fly United."

Ultimately, the measure of our success is your satisfaction and the past several weeks have moved us to go further than ever before in elevating your experience with us. I know our 87,000 employees have taken this message to heart, and they are as energized as ever to fulfill our promise to serve you better with each flight and earn the trust you’ve given us.

We are working harder than ever for the privilege to serve you and I know we will be stronger, better and the customer-focused airline you expect and deserve."
bigzz786786 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-28-2017, 09:17 PM   #208
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
It's a gesture to attempt to mitigate the damage to their public reputation/CEO trying to save his job.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 09:43 PM   #209
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts

Last edited by Manic!; 05-04-2017 at 09:51 PM.
Manic! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 01:41 AM   #210
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
the asian doctor got $2.5 million according to my friend who flew in a boston flight with a lawyer of Dr. Tran. The lawyer was sitting beside her

she lives in new york and flies to boston daily on first class so take it with a grain of salt.

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 10:06 AM   #211
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

I wonder if its deltas fault for being greedy they want to resell the seat or the employee for being a brainless automaton?
Anjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 11:04 AM   #212
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,763 Times in 905 Posts
Overselling seats is pure greed if you ask me. Ok sure, planes often have some people not show up but you've already secured money for all the seats right? Why bother selling a hand full more, sure it adds up but it's relatively small money in the grand scheme of things right? Or am I looking at this the wrong way?

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 11:33 AM   #213
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
The practice of overselling ensures that 100% of available supply will be used resulting in the maximum return on investment.
Old 05-05-2017, 11:35 AM   #214
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
Overselling seats is pure greed if you ask me. Ok sure, planes often have some people not show up but you've already secured money for all the seats right? Why bother selling a hand full more, sure it adds up but it's relatively small money in the grand scheme of things right? Or am I looking at this the wrong way?
Not necessarily. Not all tickets sold are non refundable. Passengers who have status with the airline can often cancel/rebook a flight with little to no penalty. Same with higher fare classes.

Yes, they've sold the seat, but if the passenger cancels or changes a flight with short notice, then they'll be left with an empty seat which won't earn them any money. They oversell so they can fill these seats and make the most revenue on the flight.
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-05-2017, 11:37 AM   #215

Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,763 Posts
Quote:
Come on! Those poor Airlines are just trying to maximize their profits (using unethical practices at the expense of their customers)! They're businesses after all! (see page 1 of this thread)
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 12:49 PM   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by syee View Post
Not necessarily. Not all tickets sold are non refundable. Passengers who have status with the airline can often cancel/rebook a flight with little to no penalty. Same with higher fare classes.

Yes, they've sold the seat, but if the passenger cancels or changes a flight with short notice, then they'll be left with an empty seat which won't earn them any money. They oversell so they can fill these seats and make the most revenue on the flight.
Ok, makes sense. Still that's pretty shitty.

I'm not against overselling exactly but to bump someone who's on the plane because perhaps their tickets was bought at a cheaper rate or however they determine who to kick off is retarded.

I would much rather they have something where when you are buying your ticket it states up front that the ticket is an overbooked ticket and there's a chance you may not actually get on the plane period. So really a first come first serve thing.

Old 05-05-2017, 01:08 PM   #217

Quote:
Ok, makes sense. Still that's pretty shitty.

I'm not against overselling exactly but to bump someone who's on the plane because perhaps their tickets was bought at a cheaper rate or however they determine who to kick off is retarded.

I would much rather they have something where when you are buying your ticket it states up front that the ticket is an overbooked ticket and there's a chance you may not actually get on the plane period. So really a first come first serve thing.
This practice of bumping passengers is what the biggest issue is, and I'm glad it's being brought to light in these videos. In all of these videos, we see the passenger is being forced off the plane with what we can tell with little no compensation.

I'm sure if they waved enough money in front of someone, you'd get a volunteer to give up their seat. For Delta to take away the seat that they said they paid for just because the passenger is a baby is pretty shady though. The very least they could do is offer to refund them the money for the seat if they were to give it up rather than quote trivial technicalities to force them to give up their seat (and boot them off the plane)
This post thanked by:
Old 05-05-2017, 01:08 PM   #218

Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,763 Posts
Quote:

They used to call that flying standby.
It became more lucrative for Airlines to just bait & switch instead.

Let everyone think they were getting on board, should there turn out to be not enough seats for everyone worry about inconveniencing them afterwards.

At the very least there should be no ceiling for compensation.
The offer should go up in $500 increments until someone volunteers. If it takes $10,000, $20,000, $100,000 to get someone to volunteer than that's what it should cost the airline for their gambles.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 01:18 PM   #219
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

corporate greed ( america, (air Canada included)

was on a jet flight from Bangalore to Bombay, 1:30hr flight and we got fre dinner (lol, i was surprised)
Rallydrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 02:04 PM   #220
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
I'm once again confused about the situation.
He paid for the seat. The Airline profited from that seat.

Why are they being removed?? I wasn't able to make out everything that was said.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 02:09 PM   #221

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post

Why are they being removed?? I wasn't able to make out everything that was said.
I think they were removing them on the technicality that the passenger seated in the seat wasn't the passenger on the manifest. (they mention that the older son whose name was on there took an earlier flight) I'm guessing they were using this to strong arm them out of the seat.

Either a Delta rep or TSA screwed up here since I would think someone would have to check ID and match the names before issuing a boarding pass.
Old 05-05-2017, 03:33 PM   #222
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,904 Posts
What I don't understand is how this isn't settled before passengers are boarded on the damn plane. If you oversell, offer compensation while passengers are in the waiting/boarding area, sort it all out before you let passengers board! You should know if you've oversold ... what 30 mins before take off, and that you need a few to give up their seats (for $$$ of course). Don't do it after passenger is on the damn plane. It's like WTH ... now you want me to get off and you're going to hunt down my luggage from the cargo area , hold up the whole plane ... that's just stupid as stupid can be !?!?
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-05-2017, 08:06 PM   #223
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Its funny how after that incident the ticket prices for united airlines went cheaper. Eitherway United and Delta airlines give shit service even before that incident
dnakamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 10:44 PM   #224

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
What I don't understand is how this isn't settled before passengers are boarded on the damn plane. If you oversell, offer compensation while passengers are in the waiting/boarding area, sort it all out before you let passengers board! You should know if you've oversold ... what 30 mins before take off, and that you need a few to give up their seats (for $$$ of course). Don't do it after passenger is on the damn plane. It's like WTH ... now you want me to get off and you're going to hunt down my luggage from the cargo area , hold up the whole plane ... that's just stupid as stupid can be !?!?
In all my years of flying I only encountered such a scenario once and that was 3 months ago via West Jet when I was flying back from Honolulu for a late night flight. We were in the boarding area and they asked about 5 times over the course of an hour if anyone would be willing to stay an extra night with accommodations paid and if interested talk to the staff for further details. Nobody budged and staff never pushed the issue hard. I assume it was an overbook scenario but who knows.

Old 05-06-2017, 01:40 AM   #225
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post

it's bit of tricky situation...
Parents paid for their son's seat, but son took earlier flight(i'm guessing they bought another ticket for that earlier flight)
Seat was probably non-refundable discounted seat, so they decided ok too bad but extra room for the baby right?
Guess again, i could be wrong but even though father paid for the seat, his son is "no-show". In case of no-show seat, doesn't airline have right to resell the seat?
So father thinks he has right to the seat and refused to give up, airline thinks passenger didn't show up so it's up for grabs.

anyway regardless, after that happened with UA, I can't believe airlines are still kicking people off the plane for minor reasons...

Last edited by ImportPsycho; 05-06-2017 at 01:48 AM.
ImportPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote