REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-05-2017, 07:34 AM   #51
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
The daycare isn't the problem it's the parents. My kid was in daycare from 1 to 10, he's a great kid well mannered well adjusted and overall a good kid. If your kid is going to be a D-Bag it's because of you not because of his or her daycare. You want to see some awkward not well adjusted kids look no further then the kids who are home schooled, my son has played sports with a few different ones over the years and those kids are super introverted and weird as fuck future serial killers of the world.
I'm talking about the parents that are always busy and not teaching the kids, instead they are relying on full time nannies or other alternatives such as full day day cares or throwing them to the grand parents.
Advertisement
Old 05-05-2017, 07:37 AM   #52
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
I know, and there is nothing wrong with not doing daycare if you're able all I'm saying is socialization and interaction with other kids at least at some point isn't a bad thing. There are extremes on both ends of the spectrum for sure.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-05-2017, 08:24 AM   #53
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,797 Times in 1,762 Posts
Quote:
it's pretty intense, you have to REALLY want to have kids and be super invested in that process, otherwise it's just painful to sit there on one side of a window watching single or non-child rearing friends traveling wherever at a whim and taking whatever opportunities in life come their way.
Maybe this is more applicable to younger parents who jump in the game too early.
At 35 with a 1 week old, I feel like I've taken many the opportunities I've needed to become successful, as has my wife for her career (Having a partner who's willing to wait is helpful, I know there are many women can't control their clocks).
I've already done a buttload of travelling in my life, now I just want to focus on home.

I never had a huge urge to have kids. Seeing the family and friends have their babies never really did anything for me, I didn't really care to hold them or anything.

It wasn't until one night I was at my cousin's place working on his car his 3 year old boy was in the shop, super inquisitive, wanting to help daddy, holding the wrenches wanting to be right in the engine bay, that it tugged at my strings and I knew I wanted a little buddy I could teach everything to for myself.

The day you see your little human be born, It changes you. I don't regret it for one second.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-08-2017, 04:38 AM   #54
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
The day you see your little human be born, It changes you. I don't regret it for one second.
I almost cried the moment my son came out. I was in the delivery room holding my wife's hand. I think every man should be in there experiencing it, really changes you.

I'm in the same boat as you, traveled, opportunities, etc etc. but it was time to have a kid. Now the hard part is awaiting us to raise our kid properly, and I feel it's as challenging as ever. Society now is so much different then when we were kids growing up. Not only do we need to worry about making enough money to put food on the table like our parents did with us, but also balancing environmental and cultural differences to teach our kids so they don't grow up weird as fuck.
Old 05-08-2017, 11:33 AM   #55
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
I think the people going on about not knowing the joys of having children are just as ignorant as people who say they won't have children for the joys of the freedom and flexibility.

Personal choice, but to say someone with a kid is just instantly happier and experiences more joy in their life is absolute bullshit imo. The majority of people I know who have kids and struggle financially are overall miserable people.
oh I got the joy first handed when my sister and sister in law for for a week vacation when parents and I get to take care of my niece. The joy when she smiles at you, gives you a hug. Even just simple things watching you crawl towards you really puts a smile on you. Then there is the devil part dealing with crying at night, feeding her, making sure she takes her naps on time and crying non stop coz she miss her mom. Not to mention you have to watch her and be there when she is awake. Is not an easy task.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 11:43 AM   #56
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
This pretty much answers everything about raising children. All those annoying things like crying, diaper changes, feeding etc was only annoying when it's someone else's baby. For the most part, I enjoyed most of the work when it came to my own kids. But I would never do it for someone else's.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote