REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-09-2017, 02:03 PM   #76
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Oxbig View Post
Spoiler!
hmm... I don't know the full story here. At first I thought he was some crazy dog hater. But as he left and picked up his dog (making me realize he had one too), suddenly I back tracked and wondered what happened before the video started.

Did that dog bite him? I mean if a owner couldn't control their dog and a dog bit him and he got pissed after... kind of changes the story.

edit: Reading the YouTube comments, sounds like that dog attacked his dog.
Advertisement
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM

Last edited by AzNightmare; 05-09-2017 at 02:18 PM.
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2017, 03:03 PM   #77
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Shit happens. As a dog owner, you should understand that sometimes when dogs come together, stuff happens. Accidents happen. but that gives you no right to boot fuck that dog like that.

If my dog ever did something stupid and decided to bite another dog, I would be very apologetic and take responsibility for the dog. If buddy decides to go kick my dog like that, you getting laid the fuck out quick
kr4l is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2017, 04:31 PM   #78
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
hmm... I don't know the full story here. At first I thought he was some crazy dog hater. But as he left and picked up his dog (making me realize he had one too), suddenly I back tracked and wondered what happened before the video started.

Did that dog bite him? I mean if a owner couldn't control their dog and a dog bit him and he got pissed after... kind of changes the story.

edit: Reading the YouTube comments, sounds like that dog attacked his dog.
He got pissed cuz much bigger dog was being rough on his little dog.

VIDEO: Man kicks dog at Duboce Park in San Francisco | abc7news.com

Quote:
Witnesses say it started with a few dogs, including a basset hound that got rowdy, but no dogs were bloody or bitten.
Quote:
"Take some responsibility for your dog, that's why I'm mad. That's why I'm mad," the man said.
ImportPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 08:58 AM   #79
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
woman in purple at the beginning (around 0:06) tries to slide in a knee to the groin while the guy is being held ... wtf

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 09:14 AM   #80
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,165 Times in 7,156 Posts
Kicking a dog to get it off your dog is one thing, but just kicking a dog because you are mad is psychotic. It's like punching a little kid in the face that got in a fight with your kid on the playground. Dog parks are fucking stupid anyways. You can't trust people to actually understand their dogs limits. I just let my dog hang out with dogs that get along with him, then there is no trouble. He's been bitten by off leash dogs while on leash on leash mandatory trails on a couple occasions.
I'd rather kick the stupid owner than the dog in that scenario.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-10-2017, 09:28 AM   #81
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Not trying to go off topic, but when you are going into an unleash dog park you have to understand that it is off leash, yes all dog rules still apply 100 percent. Dogs act,think, and do crazy shit when they are off leash in a fenced in area. My dog goes fucking bonkers and wants to play with every single dog before we leave and say hi to every person. But not every dog wants to dog " play fight" and roll around getting there neck chewed on. So the leash goes on right away if she cant come back when called or when we she sees a dog that is not a dog that wants to play with her. My dog also loves to bark and does not stop barking until they will play with her. Moral of the story is dogs are awesome/ 99% of the time dogs will figure it out

Last edited by hal0g0dv2; 05-10-2017 at 09:37 AM.
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 10:50 AM   #82
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
We know this girl has mental problems
Actually we don't know if she has any mental problems. Unless someone knows this person, and can vouch she has mental illness, it's an assumption. What I don't get is why is she being given the benefit of the doubt, and an assumption of "mental illness" is being made as a defence for her actions? Is every asshole out there doing asshole things given the benefit of the doubt and we just say "oh well, must be mental illness, let it slide."

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
Seeing how this is the first incident that she is involved in,
How can you say that you know this is the first incident she's been involved in? For all we know she could have done this to many other people/dogs, we just haven't heard about it or it hasn't been posted as a vid.

I'm not condoning anyone looking this person up or doing anything if they see her, just wanted to point out that this person allegedly assaulted this man and his dog but for some reason is receiving benefit of the doubt for every aspect.
2008 Mercedes C300
2012 Ford F-150 XLT
2014 Ford F-150 FX4 - Current
1999 Chevy Trailblazer
2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
2015 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L
2018 Honda HR-V Touring
2019 Audi A4 Technik - Current
2012 Porsche 911 Targa 4 - Current

1995 Kawasaki ZX-6R
2005 Yamaha R6 - RIP
2006 Yamaha R6 50th Anniversary Edition - Current

IG: G_SPYDER91
604STIG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-10-2017, 11:17 AM   #83
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
There was a fb post which went through my feed claiming she is a scammer who kicks dogs, in order to provoke an attack from the owner, and then sue for money.
Old 05-10-2017, 11:32 AM   #84
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
i saw those fb posts
could be true...it is a pretty common scam in Asia

if she's actually a scammer and not mentally ill, i hope she gets hit by a truck.
twice.
in the face.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 12:18 PM   #85
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 604STIG View Post
Actually we don't know if she has any mental problems. Unless someone knows this person, and can vouch she has mental illness, it's an assumption. What I don't get is why is she being given the benefit of the doubt, and an assumption of "mental illness" is being made as a defence for her actions? Is every asshole out there doing asshole things given the benefit of the doubt and we just say "oh well, must be mental illness, let it slide."
I'm not assuming anything. This bitch has got some mental illness, at least to some degree.

Man: "Now, you're assaulting me".
Bitch: "I'm assaulting you?" *Hits the guy twice*
Bitch: "Are you gonna hit me?"
Man: "No, I'm not gonna hit you"
Bitch: *Disappointed cause she's not being hit on* at 0:18 of the video, carefully examine her expression.

I don't care if there is medical proof or not, to my knowledge, this bitch is crazy!

Quote:
How can you say that you know this is the first incident she's been involved in? For all we know she could have done this to many other people/dogs, we just haven't heard about it or it hasn't been posted as a vid.

I'm not condoning anyone looking this person up or doing anything if they see her, just wanted to point out that this person allegedly assaulted this man and his dog but for some reason is receiving benefit of the doubt for every aspect.
You can't say that she's been involved in other situations either, so you can't judge a person's history just because of one incident. I'm just going with what I see in the video.

1. She's fucking crazy, no doubt about it.
2. This is the first video that shows she's involved in this incident.

If someone robs a store, you can't just claim that he's been involved in past robberies, there needs to be proof.

Had it not played out the way it did in the video, nobody would think this bitch is crazy. It is because she expressed some sort of mental illness and so the benefit of the doubt saved this man from doing what a normal person would do, kicking the shit out of her.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-10-2017, 12:19 PM   #86

it's actually updated i the description in the video. someone msg'd the poster and he added it in to say it's a common asian scam

Quote:
UPDATE: "Injury scam for sure. Let me explain the scheme because its very common in Asian community, I'm Asian so dont call me racist for this. As soon as you lay hand on her, she will claim all kind of injuries. The best one is psychological trauma which requires many therapies sessions. They have a network of lawyers, doctors and therapist to pump up all the costs. I even heard travel insurance also covers assault injuries. This lady isnt acting alone i can tell you that. The reason she wanted you to leave first is so you dont follow her to find her associates ( who will also act as witness against you) Be careful out there."

Quote:
Greenstoner
originalhypa
Quote:

This post thanked by:
Old 05-10-2017, 12:56 PM   #87
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Without sounding like a complete farce, I can safely vouch that I do indeed know a person who was responsible for her with respect to mental health care in Burnaby. You can choose to believe me or not, but that's up to you.

That said, I agree with most of your points. I don't believe that they should get a pass if it's proven that a person has committed an action with considerable consequences while not in a sound state of mind. But they can't be subject to the exact same consequences as people who knowingly do something wrong. There's a fine balance there that most would argue is not being met.

If you take this exact scenario, I think it's fairly safe to say that she's surpassed your regular off-the-Granville-strip asshole and is acting extremely irrational by our societal norms.

With the recent FB post regarding scams it really disheartened me that it's almost being pass around as fact. I have friends sharing the article and commenting on how "if it was my dog, that chick would be dead". Knowing that she has a medical condition, it's tough to see people from afar assuming that she's in it to make a quick buck because they assume similar-looking people do the same thing in those situations.
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-10-2017, 01:31 PM   #88
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thods View Post
I have friends sharing the article and commenting on how "if it was my dog, that chick would be dead". Knowing that she has a medical condition

"If I shed a tear for every injustice in the world, I would quickly run out of tears"

-an experienced man

Let's face it, we as a society can't help everyone who needs it. It's hard enough keeping a regular life together, let alone worrying about strangers who have issues. It's a terrible thing to say, but the truth is that as our city grows, and we see scenes on the news about horrible people taking road salt while we deal with traffic and lineups, along with an attitude of general rudeness, that the value of life in the city is cheapened.

So I don't judge those who want to seek revenge in a situation like this, because I honestly believe that this is our world now. It's all over the place from ISIS chopping off heads, to tv shows like Dexter, and the walking dead. Like capital punishment, there is a point where a normal person is pushed so far that they prefer blood over rehabilitation. I can say that if someone attacked my dog that I truly don't know if I could have reacted as calmly as the guy in the video. Maybe it's an old school way of thinking, but that sort of attack should warrant an ass kicking.

That said, I wouldn't strike a woman. So therein lies the conundrum.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-10-2017, 01:52 PM   #89
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Perhaps she is mentally ill. What happens when someone who is usually a regular person just snaps because of something you did to them? Let's say she kicked someone's kid in the face and a guy went into some insane rage and punched her right in the face. In that moment is he not allowed to be seen as not responsible for his actions because he couldn't control himself?

I've seen regular people do some freaky shit when they are mad, yet they are just seen as someone who can't control their anger.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 04:26 PM   #90
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
Perhaps she is mentally ill. What happens when someone who is usually a regular person just snaps because of something you did to them? Let's say she kicked someone's kid in the face and a guy went into some insane rage and punched her right in the face. In that moment is he not allowed to be seen as not responsible for his actions because he couldn't control himself?

I've seen regular people do some freaky shit when they are mad, yet they are just seen as someone who can't control their anger.
There's still a lucid choice to be made in that case though. The person can choose to deal with the scenario like a civil adult, or choose to throw down. I'm not saying I wouldn't snap given the right circumstance, but there's a reason that the term "crime of passion" exists.

Now take that rationale and apply it to someone who is diagnosed mentally ill. Not someone that some random would call a retard or "crazy person". A certified professional has diagnosed said person with an actual mental disorder. Are you to believe that they are in full control of their thoughts? If that's the case, then disorders like OCD, schizophrenia and psychosis have no reason to exist.

I'm not going to pretend to lawyer up and preach criminal law. But I'm pretty sure that there are situations where people with mental illness are rehabilitated instead of jailed for the rest of their lives when they have done something heinous. You don't need to look further than that dude who chopped that unfortunate man's head off on the Greyhound bus.
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 05:10 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
That said, I wouldn't strike a woman. So therein lies the conundrum.
problem solved...

Spoiler!

Quote:
Greenstoner
originalhypa
Quote:

This post thanked by:
Old 05-11-2017, 01:08 AM   #92
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

7seven: I really can't stand all these idiots who hit the gym now just because they watched 300 and want to be like a spartan. Case in point, this skinny guy comes into the gym the other day, must have only weighed ~ 140lbs, loads on 2 plates on the bench rack, mutters to himself, for sparta, unracks the barbell and proceeds to drop it directly on his chest.
Valour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 06:05 AM   #93
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
There are only 2 things you can do, either walk away or call the police.
Standing in the middle of the street and arguing doesn't do any help because after a minute of trying to through to her, you realize that she has issues, so I do not see any point.
Old 05-11-2017, 06:54 AM   #94
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

oh that's a very difficult situation. the woman obviously has some problems. taking my hat off to the guy that he didn't go crazy and kept it civil, it must have been straiht awful
konopj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:47 AM   #95
HELP ME PLS!!!

From FB, https://www.facebook.com/djfirewire?pnref=story

BURNABY DOG KICKER: CLASSIC INJURY BAIT SCAM
It is intended to reward the "claimant" with larger than usual compensation by her insurance company.
The perpetrator (would-be claimant) tries to elicit a violent/aggressive reaction or a response from the unsuspecting victim (the guy whose dog she kicked).
She will then claim emotional and mental damage caused by this situation to her insurance company. She also hopes to get evidence of physical abuse, so that her claim produces even larger compensation once the courts settle the case.
In this video, she is pissed off because her victim remained calm, showed incredible self-restraint, all the while filming her attempting to provoke him.
Another user has provided a similar explanation:
"Injury/assault scam for sure. Let me explain the scheme because it's very common in Asian communities (I'm also Asian, so don't call me racist for this):
As soon as you lay hand on her, she will claim all kinds of injuries. The best one is 'psychological trauma', which requires many therapy sessions. These people have a network of lawyers, doctors and therapist to jack up all the costs. I even heard travel insurance also covers assault injuries. This lady isn't acting alone either, I can tell you that. The reason she wanted him to leave first, is so that he wouldn't follow her to find her associates (who will also act as witnesses against him)."
Be careful out there.
Note: This is not my video nor it is me recording. I do not own a dog. I simply reposted the video with my analysis after discovering it on Reddit three days ago. I'm trying to help spread the word about such scams negatively affecting our great city.
SOURCE:
https://www.reddit.com/…/…/69tcur/bu...icker_warning/
Old 05-11-2017, 08:48 AM   #96
HELP ME PLS!!!

Knowing this lady, she will lay low for a while. Otherwise, it'd be easy to setup a bait and throw her in a van.
Old 05-11-2017, 08:52 AM   #97
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonChi View Post
From FB, https://www.facebook.com/djfirewire?pnref=story

BURNABY DOG KICKER: CLASSIC INJURY BAIT SCAM
It is intended to reward the "claimant" with larger than usual compensation by her insurance company.
The perpetrator (would-be claimant) tries to elicit a violent/aggressive reaction or a response from the unsuspecting victim (the guy whose dog she kicked).
She will then claim emotional and mental damage caused by this situation to her insurance company. She also hopes to get evidence of physical abuse, so that her claim produces even larger compensation once the courts settle the case.
In this video, she is pissed off because her victim remained calm, showed incredible self-restraint, all the while filming her attempting to provoke him.
Another user has provided a similar explanation:
"Injury/assault scam for sure. Let me explain the scheme because it's very common in Asian communities (I'm also Asian, so don't call me racist for this):
As soon as you lay hand on her, she will claim all kinds of injuries. The best one is 'psychological trauma', which requires many therapy sessions. These people have a network of lawyers, doctors and therapist to jack up all the costs. I even heard travel insurance also covers assault injuries. This lady isn't acting alone either, I can tell you that. The reason she wanted him to leave first, is so that he wouldn't follow her to find her associates (who will also act as witnesses against him)."
Be careful out there.
Note: This is not my video nor it is me recording. I do not own a dog. I simply reposted the video with my analysis after discovering it on Reddit three days ago. I'm trying to help spread the word about such scams negatively affecting our great city.
SOURCE:
https://www.reddit.com/…/…/69tcur/bu...icker_warning/
I wish this stuff would stay on reddit where it belongs. There's no proof at all that she's running an insurance scam.

"Oh she's asian, she must be running an insurance scam. Oh btw I'm asian so it's not racist for me to say that"
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-11-2017, 09:46 AM   #98
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,747 Times in 699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WuJiba View Post
Fuck these Mainlander hoes. Should've Knock the bitch out, take her filthy money and flee. GTFO of my country
I don't think she was a mainlander, her english sounded like a CBC
PeanutButter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:56 AM   #99
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,747 Times in 699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kr4l View Post
Shit happens. As a dog owner, you should understand that sometimes when dogs come together, stuff happens. Accidents happen. but that gives you no right to boot fuck that dog like that.

If my dog ever did something stupid and decided to bite another dog, I would be very apologetic and take responsibility for the dog. If buddy decides to go kick my dog like that, you getting laid the fuck out quick
I understand where you're coming from, but if your dog attacks my dog, I feel I have every right to protect me and my dog.

That being said, I would have no problem throwing down with you or your dog. Someone would definitely be laid the fuck out, it would come down to who has more combat training.
PeanutButter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:59 AM   #100
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,165 Times in 7,156 Posts
After a dog is removed from the scrap, it's not protecting your dog anymore. How is that hard to understand?
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: