REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 09-25-2018, 08:14 PM   #176
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,824 Times in 3,904 Posts
i believe he already fled the country long ago
so zero ducks given
Advertisement
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 09:31 PM   #177
HELP ME PLS!!!

Wasn't he going to start up another computer company? Maybe it was another NCIX employee.

There is still Able Auctions and the Trustees on the lawsuit.
Old 09-26-2018, 09:10 AM   #178
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,346 Times in 973 Posts
so if the lawsuit happens, and assuming somehow it wins, does the other debtors gets the right to be head of the line or because this is another type of lawsuit, they get first dips?
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 10:30 AM   #179
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,309 Times in 2,515 Posts
If the classaction lawsuit wins, I don't think the debtors would get anything anymore. It is NCIX, Able Auctions, and the Trustees getting sued for negligence. If anything, NCIX is going to be put into further debt since it has to pay for the damages from the lawsuit.

IMO, Able Auctions and the Trustees totally screwed up. They should have gone through the hard drives and just wiped them en masse. But I guess they didn't have the technical expertise to realize this.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 05:28 PM   #180
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,149 Times in 388 Posts
I used to go to Able Auctions when they were in Vancouver off Clark. They don't go through anything. Stuff is put out and sold as is when the businesses liquidate their hard goods.

A few years ago they were selling off some office cabinets/desks/cubicles that came from Shaw it turns out. Desks were full of engineering paperwork for properties that needed cable drops put in. Files had full names, addresses and SIN numbers attached to the files.

Shaw should have cleaned out the files before shipping them off to be liquidated. Able isn't going to spend the time to do that... Well, depending how it turns out now, maybe they will.
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-26-2018, 05:34 PM   #181
Old School RS

Thanked 3,960 Times in 1,208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
IMO, Able Auctions and the Trustees totally screwed up. They should have gone through the hard drives and just wiped them en masse. But I guess they didn't have the technical expertise to realize this.
There is no way that Able Auctions is going to be found negligent for not wiping hard drives on stuff they are hired to sell. They are not computer technicians, they are auctioneers selling whole computers - whether they start or not, and what if anything is on them, is outside scope. Not to mention, I guarantee their agreements to list equipment will disclaimer them out of anything close to this.

-Mark
Old 09-27-2018, 09:55 PM   #182
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,346 Times in 973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
it's probably in their T&C when you sign up as a bidder they are not responsible for anything. Releasing them of all risk etc.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote