REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-28-2017, 11:07 PM   #1
I am Hook'd on RS

Why are aboriginal kids so racist?

I often see aboriginal kids picking on white people, black people, Asians, hispanics just about everyone. Is it because of the way they've been treated by white people? I mean it's white people so why the hate for everyone else?
Advertisement
cocojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 11:25 PM   #2
I subscribe to Revscene

North Van... Are those bullies in the same economic level as the other kids?
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 11:31 PM   #3
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,280 Times in 1,968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocojoe View Post
I often see aboriginal kids picking on white people, black people, Asians, hispanics just about everyone.
You see it and do nothing about it?

Have you considered dressing up as a priest and threatening to take them away to residential school?
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 11:38 PM   #4
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,253 Posts
lol why they racist to asians?

I bet 85% of the west coast natives have some chinese genes in them. Alot of their great great grand dad was chinese.

or maybe its the chinese genes... only chinaman can be racist to their own kind.

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-28-2017, 11:57 PM   #5
I STILL don't get it

Their community is very small and cliquey. Working in the DTES, I found they mostly hang out/date amongst themselves. I've never had an issue with Aboriginals myself though. I was always really nice and treated them with respect so in return they protected me from other people who tried to start shit with me at my old job. So overall, I've had mostly positive experiences with them.

I found lots of the guys tend to be really loud/boastful/aggressive in groups, or in front of other men. Alpha complex maybe? Of course, being intoxicated or high will elevate this behaviour drastically. I found they talk a lot of shit, but they rarely follow through.
Same could be said for guys in general at a certain age group though.

I've been in more violent physical altercations with white males than Aboriginals to be completely honest.
MSREE is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-29-2017, 02:47 AM   #6
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSREE View Post
Their community is very small and cliquey. Working in the DTES, I found they mostly hang out/date amongst themselves. I've never had an issue with Aboriginals myself though. I was always really nice and treated them with respect so in return they protected me from other people who tried to start shit with me at my old job. So overall, I've had mostly positive experiences with them.

I've been in more violent physical altercations with white males than Aboriginals to be completely honest.
You just described my early high school life

First Nations btw
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-29-2017, 05:26 AM   #7
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Probably has more to do with the household they were raised in.
Of the native kids I grew up with, those who lived in a dual parent home where the parents weren't alcoholics or substance abusers, almost never made racist remarks or treated people different.
The ones growing up in a single parent (usually mother) home, with alcohol/substances were much more likely to segregate themselves by their actions.
Unfortunately, the latter scenario was much more prevalent.
From what I saw anyways
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 06:16 AM   #8
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
You just described my early high school life

First Nations btw
You ever gone with the family to a Red Lobster?

Spoiler!
minoru_tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-29-2017, 06:21 AM   #9
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
I was never racist against Natives until I moved up north here... Albeit this is due to the bad apples ruining it/giving a bad name for the rest of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocojoe View Post
I often see aboriginal kids picking on white people, black people, Asians, hispanics just about everyone. Is it because of the way they've been treated by white people? I mean it's white people so why the hate for everyone else?
Because the white man/everyone else is behind ALL their suffering... You think it's bad there, come up here or go to northern Sask/Man/Ont and you'll see some shit.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:26 AM   #10
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,583 Times in 4,299 Posts
because they think they are owed everything plain and simple. I was shit kicked by a group of native kids when I was 5 and every since then I have really paid attention to how the natives treat people other then them selves.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 07:38 AM   #11
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,452 Times in 5,114 Posts
Try playing in a hockey tournament against an aboriginal team... talk about an eye opener
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-29-2017, 07:54 AM   #12
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,708 Times in 3,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
lol why they racist to asians?

I bet 85% of the west coast natives have some chinese genes in them. Alot of their great great grand dad was chinese.

or maybe its the chinese genes... only chinaman can be racist to their own kind.
Im pretty sure they are a couple of thousand years apart from us Chinese as the land bridge from Asia to north America was during the last ice age.

Still... We kinda look similar.
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 08:05 AM   #13
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,583 Times in 4,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Try playing in a hockey tournament against an aboriginal team... talk about an eye opener
I had a hockey tryout for the Bow Valley Eagles Jr team in Alberta back in the day, there was this native guy trying out that couldn't skate so every time he went on the ice he got into a fight. I was sitting next to him on the bench and I straight up asked him why he was here and he laughed said he knows he won't make the team but enjoys getting punched in the face...

I was straight up shocked and remember telling my dad after the game and he didn't know what to say at all LOL
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-29-2017, 08:15 AM   #14
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
Im pretty sure they are a couple of thousand years apart from us Chinese as the land bridge from Asia to north America was during the last ice age.

Still... We kinda look similar.
i think you forgot about the Chinese men who came here to build the railroad. Chinese women weren't allowed over during those times, so other than staying single, the only other thing was to marry over here/etc
coneZONE is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-29-2017, 08:23 AM   #15
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Why is this racism? People pick on and bully other people all the time. Just because a group of First Nations kids are picking on a white kid doesn't mean they're racist, it means they're fucking assholes. And assholes come in all colors.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-29-2017, 09:05 AM   #16
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,844 Times in 880 Posts
I met an aboriginal kid once. Turns out he was just Filipino.
EmperorIS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 09:07 AM   #17
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
My Wife and her Brother are both Whindians. They are totally white looking but are Native. My Father in Law is full Haida and his wife is White. Brother in law used to get picked on in school by the natives (northern BC) all the time and called derogatory racist names. One day he got picked up by his dad and they saw he was native and instantly they stopped. They have respect for THEIR elders and race but no one else.

Back in the glory days of "gangs" in North Van there was a huge divide. The "Gangs" were basically created to even the score against the natives that would go around and terrorize all the other kids. Shit I remember every time I had to go to the Quay or to West Van on the bus I had to make sure I had some friends meet me there to even the odds. BBC (Native Gang), UP (Deep Cove and Blueridge), NVL (Londsdale and Lynn Valley), aaaaaah the good ole days.

Even in Smithers, there is a strong divide between Native and Non Native. They further this by the the whole "this is our land and your on it" argument.

Berz out.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:17 AM   #18
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
I've had 3 encounters with aboriginals.

1. Grade 8 highschool music, the guy would always make fun of me for wearing the same clothes to school everyday. I didn't grow up with wealthy parents and when you are a kid, no one got that kinda money back then to blow on different outfits. Eventually the guy left the school, no one liked him nor did he have friends. I guess it's their way to make themselves feel good is to pick on others.

2. This was like fairly recent, maybe two years ago. I went for a walk around my neighbourhood on a summer day and this aboriginal bitching at his girlfriend or wife and as I walk towards them minding my own business, the guy starts bitching at me and trying to start a fight like a tough guy. I guess he didn't get a good cock sucking or something...

3. Just recently I noticed this stupid aboriginal riding those scooters for handicapped in my alley. He was coming out of the alley onto the main road and this car nearly takes him out, starts bitching at the driver. If this was the USA, driver would have mowed his ass down lol.

It just seems like they always want to start something with others.
Euro7r is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-29-2017, 10:41 AM   #19
Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorIS View Post
I met an aboriginal kid once. Turns out he was just Filipino.
Dude, this made my day.
Old 11-29-2017, 10:58 AM   #20
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
Even in Smithers, there is a strong divide between Native and Non Native. They further this by the the whole "this is our land and your on it" argument.
This. They did get fucked over royally, yes. But instead of taking all the handouts they are given and using them to their advantage, they sit there and complain about how life is so tough for them. And are some of the laziest people I have ever seen.

When they ask me for money up here I tell them to fuck off and that they probably make more than me from all their financial assistance they receive.

Last edited by GabAlmighty; 11-29-2017 at 01:33 PM.
GabAlmighty is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-29-2017, 11:45 AM   #21
RS.net Licensed Sponsor Dealer

I grew up with natives in my school. stole my walkman in gr. 1. i found it in his cubby and told the teacher. my relationship with them went downhill from there. and they yell at me randomly in the streets of Winnipeg but then again... it's Winnipeg.
Autorice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 12:11 PM   #22
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
I’ll take a page from euro7r. I’m Richmond born and raised, so not much native around.

1. In elementary school, one of my best friends were native. He lived a few streets over, I think his name was Cody. His dad might have been some sort of chief (but it was probably my parents being naive and assuming that since they “moved off the res”). He was the one to first show me Terminator 1 and that awesome Kyle Reece/Sarah Connor sex scene. I was really sad when he moved away.

2. Another friend, he played soccer with me for 10 years, went to the same elementary/high school. We were never close but we were friends. He lived near all my friends too so everybody was acquainted. Couple years after high school he came out of the closet and moved away. Really nice kid (though unique.. a little weird but innocent).

And that ends my interaction with native people. I have no qualms with them. Now ask people I know who work gov DTES positions.... probably very different
Old 11-29-2017, 02:13 PM   #23
Need to Seek Professional Help

Moral of the story...it's not racist if everyone is being mistreated equally.
I seriously thought this was a troll thread
dhari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 02:17 PM   #24
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,346 Times in 5,651 Posts
Most seemingly successful native guy i ever knew personally was from my Bar days working at a few different clubs on Granville

Everyone Called him Cheif... weird.. he was the GM of the operation of a few different clubs i beleive, seemed like he did ok

fast forward 5 years, i'm playing hockey and i see him bartending at 8 rinks and a full blown alchy..

again.. WEIRD!
Old 11-29-2017, 02:35 PM   #25
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhari View Post
I seriously thought this was a troll thread

me too ... saw username, thought it was joe45 ... saw native in the title, and thought it would go straight to fc ...

*its not the size of your army that matters; it's the fury of it's onslaught!*

█♣█
carisear is offline   Reply With Quote