REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-29-2017, 07:13 PM   #26
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
I thought most new cars get shipped in protective plastic over most of the body panels? won't save them from dents but some scuffs and scratches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
I wouldn’t take a fixed car either personally.

Especially in a case like this where the salesperson is showing you the car in the dark
OP mentioned his parents were there for hours. Sales guy even stays past operating hours to get them on their way as they would've probably lost if just asked to go home and deal with it tmr. No need to jump to conclusions the dealer was being shady showing a car past 5pm.
Advertisement

Last edited by twitchyzero; 11-29-2017 at 07:19 PM.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 07:14 PM   #27
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 07:17 PM   #28
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I think you're lucky that you didn't receive the car that had a cracked engine block discovered during PDI ....
coneZONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 07:19 PM   #29
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,010 Times in 1,890 Posts
Shit happens, give them a chance to fix their mistake.

For me whenever a business fucks up, I don't care too much about the fuck up itself but how they deal with it afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-29-2017, 07:21 PM   #30
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,751 Times in 1,182 Posts
If I were you, I wouldn't take that car. Period.

I paid for a brand new car, I expect everything to be brand spanking new. They can fix all they want on that car, but I won't be taking that same car.

If they expect me to take that car, then I expect to pay a "used" price on it.

Yes, shit happens but that's THEIR cost of doing business, not mine.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:55 PM   #31
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
Amusing how everyone here thinks that if a car has the littlest of damage its automatically a used car and it might as well be scrapped. If a new car gets damaged and gets fixed its still a new car

Chances are with all the lot damage that happens around dealerships your brand new car probably has been damaged and fixed in some way or another before you took delivery and you would never know.

21' 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
23' VW MK8 GTI 40th Anniversary
18' Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
21' Ducati Streetfighter V4 S

--
16' Mineral Grey F80 BMW M3 6MT SOLD -11/22
22' Halo Toyota GR86 6MT SOLD -11/22
12' Phantom Black - B8 Audi S4 - SOLD 04/19
07' WDP Acura TL Type-S - A-Spec/ATLP/H&R - SOLD 12/17
18' Matte Silver Ice - Triumph 765 Street Triple RS - SOLD 4/21
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 08:16 PM   #32
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 4,713 Times in 1,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LP700-4 View Post
:

Chances are with all the lot damage that happens around dealerships your brand new car probably has been damaged and fixed in some way or another before you took delivery and you would never know.
x1000. Lot damage occurs all the time. This dealership blew it by missing the damage in the PPI and not getting it fixed before your parents even saw it.

If you've ever bought a new car, there's a very good chance it's had a scratch or bump fixed that you don't even know about.

Watch some of the youtube detailer PPI vids - they find repairs on new cars constantly.

As a business owner, please don't take your grievance to the internet until the other party has had a chance to make it right. It really serves no purpose. If they blow it again, fair game.
The Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 08:43 PM   #33
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Producer View Post
x1000. Lot damage occurs all the time. This dealership blew it by missing the damage in the PPI and not getting it fixed before your parents even saw it.

If you've ever bought a new car, there's a very good chance it's had a scratch or bump fixed that you don't even know about.

Watch some of the youtube detailer PPI vids - they find repairs on new cars constantly.

As a business owner, please don't take your grievance to the internet until the other party has had a chance to make it right. It really serves no purpose. If they blow it again, fair game.
Be careful, Hypa will lose his shit for asking for time for a business to correct something before putting them on blast.

The thing people forget is like 90% of cars have had damage repaired at some point...

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 08:53 PM   #34
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,682 Times in 3,121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowball View Post
Keep complaining until you get a new one but there's no saying that your new one wasn't damaged at one point during transport/in the lot.

If they give you a new one they'll fix the scratched one and sell it to someone else without telling them it was damaged. I worked at 3 dealerships and maybe 20% of the cars have some form of damage even before it comes off the truck.
I deal a lot with the ILWU and trust me when I say I'm not surprised if 50% of these cars aren't dinged scratched or scuffed during transportation. Many of these new cars all require per delivery touchup and body work. It's just the way of this business.

If you ever see how the cars are loaded via rail and vessel you'll be amazed at how much abuse these panels can take.
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 09:37 PM   #35
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
if they don't have to paint and make it perfect, then I wouldn't mind having it fixed, esp if you're set on that trim, color, options etc. and the next one won't be in for some time
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 10:08 PM   #36
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LP700-4 View Post
Amusing how everyone here thinks that if a car has the littlest of damage its automatically a used car and it might as well be scrapped. If a new car gets damaged and gets fixed its still a new car

and this is why people like me have a huge distrust.

if the paint or panel is not factory original, and altered then it should be disclosed IMO.

this is why paint readings are done, all panels and edges should be checked on a new car.

detailing aside, a few microns is standard, but if the paint was burned and repainted, should be disclosed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 06:16 AM   #37
Boost Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
You drive Fords, so obviously your standards are much, much lower than the average car aficionado. But you have to be a dense, naive motherfucker to accept a brand new car with damage. On top of that, you would have to be an asshole to think that anyone should accept a damaged car that was sold as new.
^This made me laugh, it has to be one of the top 5 most stupidest and ignorant statement posted so far based on brand purchase.

See what the dealership will do to correct the problem before falling apart like a crying little girl. When I took delivery of my old 2015 FORD F150, it had lineX overspray in a couple of areas and the dealer cleaned it up immediately but I didn't demand a new truck. There was a paint chip in the edge of the trunk when I had the k20 tuned recently in my MR2, I didn't demand a new paint job.

Of course you paid for something new and they should correct the issue and give you something in return for the inconvenience.
1BADMR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 07:31 AM   #38
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,433 Times in 5,107 Posts
My buddy has a body shop and he regularly paints bumpers and does work on brand new cars from the factory that haven't been sold yet... they get damaged all the time during shipping and being moved off of trucks. They just missed it in their PDI somehow, hope they fix it for ya.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 08:59 AM   #39
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
I wouldn’t take a fixed car either personally.
Exactly.
You paid for a new car, you should get a new car. Not one that has a claim on it before it's hit 100km.
The bottom line is that the deal isn't what OP's parents signed for. If the dealer and his parents want to renegotiate the deal, then so be it. See if they'll take a repaired car, and offer them incentives if you need to. But the deal did change, and that's bad business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dared3vil0 View Post
Spoiler!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dared3vil0 View Post
Spoiler!

How about this for judging someone based on their choice of vehicle.

When I see things like reliability ratings, and poor build quality, I tend to stay away from that kind of vehicle. But hey, it's your money. And the dealer service dep't has free wifi, so you can post about how awesome Fords are while waiting for your major repairs to be done. It's a win-win

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BADMR2 View Post
When I took delivery of my old 2015 FORD F150, it had lineX overspray in a couple of areas and the dealer cleaned it up immediately but I didn't demand a new truck. There was a paint chip in the edge of the trunk when I had the k20 tuned recently in my MR2, I didn't demand a new paint job.
A little lineX overspray is a lot different than a big dent and scratch.
As for the MR2, they should have fixed that. Or maybe you're just ok with being screwed over?

originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-30-2017, 09:21 AM   #40
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,763 Posts
My Speed 3 had a couple scratches on it and about 300 kms on the the ODO from test drives but still sold as "new".

It was actually flagged when I did the acceptance inspection, and Signature said they would have a body shop on the island fix them.
Then they ended up giving me the run around, so I said fuck it and just put some touch-up on it, it wasn't really worth it especially if the repair was going to be shitty.

I got the car was 7K off sticker, so I wasn't complaining too hard. Wasn't worth the fight.

10 years later, there are so many dings & scratches from daily driving it that you can't even notice those old scratches anymore.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 10:10 AM   #41
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
I think my reaction would be dependant on the deal I was getting. If it was a huge discount and there were not many of the vehicles left in stock I'd be more willing to let them just fix it if it had been a good experience up to that point. If they were firm on the price and not budging then hell yeah I'd be going over the thing with a fine-tooth comb and telling them I want a perfect vehicle.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 10:15 AM   #42
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
We're not talking about an item that can be packaged and wrapped straight out of the factory. Other than the white car wrap to prevent scuffs and scratches, these things get shipped as is from another province/country with minimal protection. Your "new car" has been touched and driven by multiple people way before you. Unless you take delivery from the factory the minute it's built, there's no such thing as brand new in the sense some of you deem it to be.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 10:19 AM   #43

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
How about this for judging someone based on their choice of vehicle.
How the fcuk is Dodge at the bottom yet Ram is so close to the top? Their shitty quality is the same throughout their brand conglomerate. Interesting seeing GM and their subsidiaries closer to the top. I still find their product to be of cheap quality and even Buick, who at one point far exceeded the quality of other similar brands under the GM banner, is now cheap like the rest of them yet they maintain their higher rating. Interesting.

OP: keep us posted as I'm sure we're all curious at what the dealer is willing to offer you for compensation.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-30-2017, 11:57 AM   #44
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

RS beat down crew assemble?
dapperfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 01:15 PM   #45
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperfied View Post
RS beat down crew assemble?
beansbaxter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-30-2017, 01:38 PM   #46
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
We went back into the dealership last night to talk to it and I'm not surprised that they tried to renege on their terms of giving my parents a brand new car. The financial business manager came up and apologized for what happened, but said that they'll try to make things right so we leave happy or give us a refund and we can decide on whether to take our business elsewhere, but his goal was to keep us happy and retain our business.

They offered to loan a car to my parents while the car was in the bodyshop getting all the damage repaired. This didn't fly with us because we negotiated and paid for a brand new car and that's what we expected and all we wanted. At no point did they offer any sort of additional compensation as "you're already getting a good deal."

After an hour of back and forth and them disappearing into their offices and coming back out, they decided that they'll be able to get the same model and colour, but it'd take anywhere from 2-3 weeks for delivery. Obviously, that doesn't really work for us. We came into the dealership to take delivery of a car last night, not to sit around and wait until Christmas.

At this point, I got on the phone with another senior salesman from another Honda dealership to see if they had the same car we wanted. He confirmed they have 3 of the exact same car and that they'd be able to have the car ready for delivery by the next day if we came in tonight. I ran the numbers by him and he said he'd run it over with his sales manager and get back to me. He called me back a few minutes later and confirmed that they'll match the price as well as having our car ready for pick up the following day. I told him we're currently trying to settle the issue and I'd call him back in a bit.

We head back to the financial business manager and told him that we're going to take him up on his offer of a full refund, since the 2-3 weeks wait is too long. It's my parent's only car, so it's a huge inconvenience without one. At this point, the same guy that had told us earlier that he'd issue a full refund if he couldn't make us happy says that a refund is no longer possible. "The bank draft is already deposited, so there's no way of getting it back. If you want, then we'd issue you a dealership credit, but that's the best we can do." Obviously, I'm getting upset now, because he's going back on his word and I absolutely fucking despise liars.

I call the salesman at the other dealership back and he said that they screwed up, because they should've shown us the car prior to doing the paperwork and that the excuse of "the car wasn't ready" doesn't work. However, since the paperwork has already been done, then legally speaking, my parents do own the car and that there's nothing we can really do. At this point, the only thing we could do was leave them negative reviews across the board and file a complaint to the Vehicle Sales Authority of BC.

At this point, we're stuck with taking a damaged car, so I just told my parents that there really isn't much left to do. I consulted with the salesman from the other dealership, and in all honesty, if there was a way to help us then he'd probably tell us, cause he'd be gaining a sale. Luckily, our actual salesman is good. He was on the phone every now and then and said he was able to locate 2 of the exact same car that we want. He said that he'd try to get the car to us today, and said that if they don't have the car for delivery to us by Saturday night then they'll issue us a full refund.

I know there are two sides to a situation like this. There's the side that believes shit happens and just get it fixed and move on, but there's also the side that believes you should get what you paid for based on the principle of the situation. My parents would've been "ok" with the situation had they knocked the price down further to make up for the fact that the car came damaged. I honestly don't care if something happened to the car during transportation, because that's on you as the dealership to figure out. I paid for a brand new car so I better get a brand new car. There were two scratches on the car, with the biggest scratch being around 0.5 - 1cm long. The other one looked like a rock chip or something cause it was small, but both scratches were clearly felt when you run your fingers over it. You could feel that it cuts into the paint.

Some of you might think that I'm jumping the gun by 'putting the dealership on blast' before they had a chance to rectify the situation. That's a fair assessment, but you also have to remember that there are so many horror stories about bad dealerships or sleazy tactics that I didn't want to take the chance. That's why I made the post in hopes that others that have run into this situation could chime in with something helpful that I could use/do. All I know is that if they drove off the lot with the car then that's it, and there's nothing my parents could do. I'm not the first person to have this happen, and certainly won't be the last.

Our salesman has been awesome through this whole situation. We know it's not his fault that the car arrived damaged, but he said that he was our first point of contact and that it's his responsibility to do whatever he can to make sure we're good. It leaves me feeling conflicted, because the salesman has been great, but the financial business manager blatantly lying to us just fucking frustrates me.

[edit] Our salesman just updated me that the car arrived and is stocked in. He said there are 14 deliveries to do today, but they'll try their best to deliver the car to us tonight. If not tonight then definitely by tomorrow. I'll keep you all posted.

[edit2] Delivery time scheduled for 5:30pm tonight. Will keep y'all posted

Last edited by Ch28; 11-30-2017 at 01:46 PM.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 01:39 PM   #47
GS8

Thanked 7,276 Times in 1,967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by white rocket View Post
How the fcuk is Dodge at the bottom yet Ram is so close to the top? Their shitty quality is the same throughout their brand conglomerate. Interesting seeing GM and their subsidiaries closer to the top. I still find their product to be of cheap quality and even Buick, who at one point far exceeded the quality of other similar brands under the GM banner, is now cheap like the rest of them yet they maintain their higher rating. Interesting.

OP: keep us posted as I'm sure we're all curious at what the dealer is willing to offer you for compensation.
To be fair, cheap quality and dependability aren't necessarily tied together. GM products have always been priced lower than their competition but take a hit on materials quality and overall presentation. But many aren't bothered as they'd rather save money both in short and long terms (purchase & dependability). GM interiors aren't good compared to their competition but their motors are still pretty stout and not overly complicated.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-30-2017, 01:45 PM   #48
My homepage has been set to RS

No pictures of the damage?

Good to hear Kingsway Honda rectifying the problem. I've been there browsing and had good service, glad to hear the salesman doing his job to fix it.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 01:47 PM   #49
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subordinate View Post
No pictures of the damage?

Good to hear Kingsway Honda rectifying the problem. I've been there browsing and had good service, glad to hear the salesman doing his job to fix it.
Pictures aren't good because the lighting wasn't the best. I looked at the pictures after I took them and it really doesn't show you as well as seeing it with your eyes.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 02:01 PM   #50
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
"The bank draft is already deposited, so there's no way of getting it back. If you want, then we'd issue you a dealership credit, but that's the best we can do."

They can't issue a refund because they deposited the bank draft? Does that not make sense to anyone else?

That can be rectified by writing a cheque or they write you a bank draft for pick-up the following day.
ssjGoku69 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: