REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-30-2017, 02:15 PM   #51
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,923 Times in 3,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by white rocket View Post
How the fcuk is Dodge at the bottom yet Ram is so close to the top? Their shitty quality is the same throughout their brand conglomerate. Interesting seeing GM and their subsidiaries closer to the top. I still find their product to be of cheap quality and even Buick, who at one point far exceeded the quality of other similar brands under the GM banner, is now cheap like the rest of them yet they maintain their higher rating. Interesting.
I might be wrong, but those vehicle ratings only cover the first few months/years of ownership, which usually isn't when the common problems arise (unless something is *really* bad). That JD Power chart doesn't make much sense, if it's problems per 100 vehicles then it looks like every single new vehicle has at least one problem, possibly two? And how severe are the problems? I don't give a shit if they forgot to install a dust cap, but if the transmissions are blowing up that's an actual concern.
Advertisement
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-30-2017, 03:14 PM   #52
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,340 Times in 5,649 Posts
a little bit of shady shit by the sounds of it, honestly enough to make me not go there if i was looking for another Honda.
Old 11-30-2017, 03:41 PM   #53
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
Pictures aren't good because the lighting wasn't the best. I looked at the pictures after I took them and it really doesn't show you as well as seeing it with your eyes.
Small enough a camera couldn't catch the damage. I'm going to say your story seems like a complete overreaction. Especially with how far they were willing to go to try and make your family happy.

Post the pictures and let the forum be the judge.
prudz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-30-2017, 03:57 PM   #54
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Slightly different but I thought I'd mention it as well;

When I went to pickup my then new Triumph from British Italian Motorcycles, I noticed a scratch in the gas tank right before picking it up which wasn't there before.

Fortunately the sales person I was dealing with promised they'd make things right and ordered me a brand new tank. It did take a while to get here from the UK but I got I resolved.

Good to hear the sales person is also making things right for you.
ak1to is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 05:02 PM   #55
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Came in to inspect the new vehicle they're replacing our damaged one with and this is what we're met with. This is the rear bumper passenger side.

Last edited by Ch28; 11-30-2017 at 05:25 PM.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 05:50 PM   #56
My homepage has been set to RS

these guys for real??
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 06:34 PM   #57

Quote:
Small enough a camera couldn't catch the damage. I'm going to say your story seems like a complete overreaction. Especially with how far they were willing to go to try and make your family happy.

Post the pictures and let the forum be the judge.
I don’t understand this sentiment of it being an over reaction whatsoever..

They are buying a BRAND NEW vehicle, paying in cash, and it’s an over reaction to not accept damage to the body that has to be fixed by human hands?

A vehicle that came off the assembly line and was painted by a machine is now going to be touched up by some guy at a body shop and that’s acceptable?

Car salesmen are all scum, two of my friends temporarily worked as salesmen and even the “nice guys” have all the incentive in the world to fuck over customers because they make a cut on every extra, option, sales solution they can push.

So a guy is willing to pay cash for whatever, a civic, a Ferrari, a pinto, expect it to be without damage and that’s over reacting?

Here’s tens of thousands of dollars kind salesperson, please shit down my throat once you’re done depositing my cheque!
Old 11-30-2017, 07:17 PM   #58
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
At this point, the same guy that had told us earlier that he'd issue a full refund if he couldn't make us happy says that a refund is no longer possible. "The bank draft is already deposited, so there's no way of getting it back. If you want, then we'd issue you a dealership credit, but that's the best we can do."
The absolute worst. I fcuking hate that kind of sleaziness. Unfortunately that's typical Business Manager behavior. They're always the bad guy while the salesman is the good guy going to bat for you. It's all BS though. I hope it works out for your parents though and you all walk away satisfied.

<-----in for results

ninjaedit: the replacement is damaged as well?
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 07:31 PM   #59
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
probably a manager spitting in your drink/food, when you turned down the 2-3 week wait for a new vehicle. They ran back and forth because they're in the back discussing a strategy on how to get rid of you guys.

I'm conflicted, because you stood your ground for principle...but it looks like it's blowing back...to fix what was a minor annoyance is now going to cost you a lot of you and your family's time.

I'm going to get failed but in the grand scheme of things, it sounds like it's only going to be destined as a commuter car for the parents that isn't even going to have that much sentimental value. Unless it's really going to be babied by a car enthusiast, there are bigger issues I would rather focus on.

5 in 5 rule: if it's not gonna matter in 5 years, don't spend more than 5 minutes losing sleep over it. At some point, you should ask if it's worth it.

later on you'll look back and go wow...I went through all that trouble and grief just to be 'right'...for a few scratches on a Civic...that was going to get fixed or replaced by a new car in a few weeks.

good luck.

Last edited by twitchyzero; 11-30-2017 at 07:49 PM.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-30-2017, 08:09 PM   #60
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,923 Times in 3,876 Posts
This kind of thing makes me wonder, if they're missing this kind of stuff on brand new vehicles, how much are they missing on used vehicles?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-30-2017, 08:13 PM   #61
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 6,552 Times in 1,155 Posts
ugh I feel for ya, I have a new car coming hopefully next week and I'm going to have to my due dilligence and check the car before I drive off the lot
artofstance on twitter
Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photographers Enthusiasts
--------------------------------------------
2018 Volkswagen Golf R
1999 Mazda Miata *sold*
2005 Mazda 3 *sold*
2002 Volvo S40 *RIP*
1989 Volvo 740 *RIP*
Matsuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 08:45 PM   #62
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
a little bit of shady shit by the sounds of it, honestly enough to make me not go there if i was looking for another Honda.
agreed regarding the bank draft part

but didn't you say it was the norm for new shoebox condos to have caulk cracking, nails popping out, squeaky floors and buyers should just accept the reality of contractors ain't got time to go back and fix them up?

this isn't that different
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 09:47 PM   #63
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

definitely not cool, even the replacement has damage?

what happened to their tech who does PDI?
'02 Suzuki GSXR 750

Order the New 2020 Civic Type R, pm me

Driftspecs Apparel
www.driftspecsapparel.com
nsx042003 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-30-2017, 10:36 PM   #64
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,752 Times in 1,182 Posts
I think at this stage, maybe the OP should get in touch with Honda Canada?

Let them know that you are also bringing the case to CBC and CC the people in the dealership.

I'm sure that would catch their attention.
Old 11-30-2017, 11:16 PM   #65
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,253 Posts
whos the guy unloading the cars from the truck :mindblown:

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 11:57 PM   #66
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
bring on another replacement for the replacement

this is pretty much why the last two cars bought within my family I inspected as best I could before letting them sign.

if it doesn't work out, for sure contact local news "on your side" people as well as drop this guy a line: https://www.linkedin.com/in/aziz-ahamed-64a756132/
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 07:20 AM   #67
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,438 Times in 5,110 Posts
I don't think there's ANY grounds for contacting a news on your side person for a couple of damaged vehicles that you didn't take delivery of and that they are trying to fix the situation for... last time I checked those services weren't for "I was inconvenienced waiting for things to be right" situations LOL

Bad luck, but it's not like they're fucking you over. It's not like they want this to happen either, you're a complete waste of time to them at this point from a profit margin perspective. It's just bad luck.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 07:42 AM   #68
Boost Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
A little lineX overspray is a lot different than a big dent and scratch.
As for the MR2, they should have fixed that. Or maybe you're just ok with being screwed over?

Actually he did get the chip fixed and I even supplied the touch up paint. I didn't even get mad. OMG mind blown!!!!!

Sounds like the salesperson and business office are being dicks now. Cars get damaged and, behind the scenes, they get repaired with out customers even knowing.
1BADMR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 07:51 AM   #69
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Just a hypothetical here.... what if.... The dealership caught the damage to the original civic, and repaired it prior to your purchase. They have no obligation to disclose this. You then buy the vehicle, repaired from dealership, and go on and live a long happy life with your new civic.

No different than letting them fix the damage after you purchased it. Either way it was a fix up. You think they are going to declare to the next person they fixed the scratches? You think the next person will even know?

Berz out.
Old 12-01-2017, 07:55 AM   #70
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,752 Times in 1,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
I don't think there's ANY grounds for contacting a news on your side person for a couple of damaged vehicles that you didn't take delivery of and that they are trying to fix the situation for... last time I checked those services weren't for "I was inconvenienced waiting for things to be right" situations LOL

Bad luck, but it's not like they're fucking you over. It's not like they want this to happen either, you're a complete waste of time to them at this point from a profit margin perspective. It's just bad luck.
I think it's not about the fact of dealership delivering cars with damages but rather the lack of willingness to take responsibility from the dealership.

If the dealership has made clear with full disclosure about the condition of the car as well as actively pursuing ways to solve the discovered problem fair and square, I doubt anyone would have a second thought.

But they are basically asking OP to take a car (and incompetent enough to actually have damage on the second attempt)and not budge. Mind you, this is for something worth 20K+. Heck, if I encounter any problem at a restaurant on a plate worth just $10, the restaurant would replace it with a new dish and even give me discount on it, let alone something that's worth 2000times as much.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:08 AM   #71
HELP ME PLS!!!

At this point it would be reasonable to ask for a refund on your PDI. It was clearly not performed in both cases. You could ask for accessories on top for your hassle.

According to Toyota's Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI), a paint inspection is on it. As their competitor, they should have been able to do the same.

http://pictures.dealer.com/d/donvall...dd7d287f8x.jpg

That second scratch looks like a gouge though, is it right down to the metal? If it is, I would ask for a third replacement. lol. It might actually be two weeks by the time you get a that civic. Either that, or get the first one repainted.

Last edited by DragonChi; 12-01-2017 at 08:13 AM.
DragonChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 08:24 AM   #72
I STILL don't get it

So which scratch is worse? The original or the new one? Solution, bus pass. Never worry about a scratch again.

Last edited by prudz; 12-01-2017 at 08:37 AM.
prudz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 08:42 AM   #73

CALL FUCKIN OLSEN ON YOUR SIDE!!!

Lol jk, my replying to threads is all fucked up on iPhone.. when I hit reply it’s just blank and I can’t quote anyone..

Twitchyzero, it’s a fair comparison in what I said for buying a unit, however, I’d relate uncaulked counter tops and a little drywall touch up etc. more so to having a new car delivered dirty or or with a flat tire, easily rectifiable and doesn’t effect the overall end product.

With scratches like this I’d say it’s more like having a nice gouge on your fridge door or a dent in the front of your oven, a comestic issue to be sure, however, not easily repairable and something that absolutely should be addressed
Old 12-01-2017, 09:09 AM   #74
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonChi View Post
At this point it would be reasonable to ask for a refund on your PDI. It was clearly not performed in both cases. You could ask for accessories on top for your hassle.

According to Toyota's Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI), a paint inspection is on it. As their competitor, they should have been able to do the same.

http://pictures.dealer.com/d/donvall...dd7d287f8x.jpg

That second scratch looks like a gouge though, is it right down to the metal? If it is, I would ask for a third replacement. lol. It might actually be two weeks by the time you get a that civic. Either that, or get the first one repainted.

Yah I agree. That is a gouge and no way in hell did that not cut through the paint. I bet you there was prob a worst damage and they fixed that but they missed the gouge. LOL.

When I work for dealerships if the customers are picky we made sure the second vehicle has no flaws. PDI should have caught that, unless they live by the motto "See nothing say nothing"
teggy604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 09:18 AM   #75
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,010 Times in 1,890 Posts
Lol from my experience, the people with more tendencies to be sleazy in a dealership are business office manager(s)

There's also a chance that the damage happened after the PDI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay

Last edited by mb_; 12-01-2017 at 09:41 AM.
mb_ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: