REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-24-2018, 12:53 PM   #26
I don't get it

I've looked at the jotul 602 as a dual use stove and heater they claim it's rv ready...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
I have a gold one which im looking to add a custom wood burning stove oven to... and would only have room for my family in the event of a disaster.
Spoiler!
Advertisement
Digitalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 01:44 PM   #27
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN6 View Post
Well, even non-perishable foods still go bad but yeah, I think I might go get a dufflebag and stuff it with emergency stuff.

Another question is, where the hell do you get the packaged water? I can't really just find them off the store, can I?

Time to buy a vacuum sealer and waterproof all the consumables. Time to also collect bottle caps now and save for the future, Fallout style.
Just buy bottled water. drink some of it and buy more. Buy water that comes in a good bottle so you can use the bottle over and over again. Buy canned food you like to eat and eat it once in a while then buy more. Power bars and granola bars are also good foods to keep on hand. Also having cash is key in an emergency situation. Having a jar full of change is a good start.
Old 01-24-2018, 01:50 PM   #28
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalis View Post
I've looked at the jotul 602 as a dual use stove and heater they claim it's rv ready...
Looks heavy, myself Im looking to use a gasification stove (SoloStove youtube.com/watch?v=ZqOhi7NiNBQ) inside a computer case which will also ignite a set of coal above it which would make it possible to cook food inside the toaster oven and even use the top surface as a stove top.

if you look close enough you can see the SoloStove inside the case covered by a bag. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN6 View Post

Another question is, where the hell do you get the packaged water? I can't really just find them off the store, can I?
If your contained to your car you can make a rain collector on the roof.
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 02:05 PM   #29
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,821 Times in 3,902 Posts
i have my doubts that a jar of coin is useful in an emergency nor is it space/weight efficient
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 02:51 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
i have my doubts that a jar of coin is useful in an emergency nor is it space/weight efficient
Vending machine and it's something a lot of people already have. Having some cash/bills on hand is also a good idea because when the power is out your debit/credit cards will not work.
Old 01-24-2018, 03:03 PM   #31
I STILL don't get it

ZN6, you can buy emergency packets of water online. I Googled it, a bunch of options came up. If you have somewhere dark/cool to store water, 4L jugs or plastic 24 pk of water is fine. If the bottles are under direct sunlight like in your car or something, you have to rotate and replace them max every 6 months.
MSREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 05:40 PM   #32
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

My family in Japan keeps large jugs of water around the house in case of earthquakes. The idea being that you have to be prepared to be without water for 2 to 3 days. In the mean time, boiling water for cooking and drinking purposes, and being able to fill the toilet water tank in order to flush is important in order to prevent the spread of disease and such.
Infiniti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 07:23 PM   #33
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,821 Times in 3,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Vending machine and it's something a lot of people already have. Having some cash/bills on hand is also a good idea because when the power is out your debit/credit cards will not work.
something tells me most vending machines will be smashed
agreed on the bills
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2018, 06:27 AM   #34
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Vancouver? Tsunami?
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2018, 09:30 AM   #35
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
i think i might just get a life straw. seems good. don't need packaged water and it's light and portable

LifeStraw - We make contaminated water safe to drink.

I think it's around $20 - $30 on amazon. Time to pack 2. Or just drink my own piss. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 11:01 AM   #36

https://www.amazon.ca/Datrex-Emergen...cy+water+pouch

$50 for 8 liters of water. Also drinking out of a pouch does not look easy. Better off having bottles of water.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:38 PM   #37
My homepage has been set to RS

danned is offline   Reply With Quote