REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Warning: Metrotown parkade 'insurance scammer' (https://www.revscene.net/forums/714257-warning-metrotown-parkade-insurance-scammer.html)

IMASA 02-08-2018 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzNightmare (Post 8887098)
Story? What happened?

My friend wasn't aware of this scammer, despite this guy showing up on everyone's FB feed.

Yesterday she was at Oakridge mall, backed out of her spot and this guy comes by and says she hit him. The guy pulls out his phone, claims that he's calling either ICBC or the police and wanted my friend's ID, insurance papers, but then said he would settle for $100. My friend was confused since she was pretty sure he didn't hit him, but when he wanted the $100, she figured it was a scam.
She told him he didn't have $100 and to go call ICBC, but the guy wouldn't leave or let her leave.

She called her husband to come and he did and brought the mall security. The security guy and the husband started questioning the guy about what happened, point out which cars were involved, etc. Eventually the scammer says leave me alone and walks off.

fliptuner 02-08-2018 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IMASA (Post 8887092)
Damn, one of my friends just encountered this guy at Oakridge yesterday.

Was it your friends bumper and this guy's face?

Edit: better luck next time :okay:

Edison_Chen 02-08-2018 10:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
While reading this thread there’s a injury lawyer ad that popped up for me..

J-Chow 02-08-2018 11:10 PM

I was just thinking . . . What would happen if we tried scamming the scammer lol...

Say for example , he says you hit him and wants $100.

Keep a small multitool in your pocket and other crap as well before hand. Start scrambling through your pockets and pretend to look for your wallet.

Then you say you left said 'wallet' in car and ask him to hold your crap which includes the multi tool.

If he's stupid enough... then

Tell him to wait in front of the vehicle and while you go inside your car, pretend to look for your wallet and call the cops, telling them you have a suspect trying to rob you for $100 and has a sharp knife like weapon in his hand.

Sit in your car, wait and snack on your popcorn... :fullofwin:

SkinnyPupp 02-09-2018 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IMASA (Post 8887107)
My friend wasn't aware of this scammer, despite this guy showing up on everyone's FB feed.

Yesterday she was at Oakridge mall, backed out of her spot and this guy comes by and says she hit him. The guy pulls out his phone, claims that he's calling either ICBC or the police and wanted my friend's ID, insurance papers, but then said he would settle for $100. My friend was confused since she was pretty sure he didn't hit him, but when he wanted the $100, she figured it was a scam.
She told him he didn't have $100 and to go call ICBC, but the guy wouldn't leave or let her leave.

She called her husband to come and he did and brought the mall security. The security guy and the husband started questioning the guy about what happened, point out which cars were involved, etc. Eventually the scammer says leave me alone and walks off.

So even when he's not scamming people successfully, he is wasting everyone's time. What a useless fucking sack of shit. PLEASE lock this fucker up for good.. what's taking so long?

stewie 02-09-2018 05:24 AM

He's graduated from Metrotown to Oakridge. Too many people were probably aware of him at metrotown.

Someone should just give him the 100$ and then subtly follow the guy. He's either gotten there from public transit or he drove there. If he decides to take a bus afterwards just hop on with him and call the cops. If he takes a skytrain just there's usually the staff or a cop on the platform who can help you out with him. If he gets in a car, start the camera up and get the plate and block him so he either hits you or wait until the police show up.

pastarocket 02-09-2018 08:04 AM

The RS Beatdown crew needs to assemble to track down this scammer! :mad:

Metrotown, Oakridge. What's his next target? Tsawwassen Mills?

Hondaracer 02-09-2018 08:25 AM

BASH HIS FUCKIN HEAD IN!

DragonChi 02-09-2018 09:21 AM

TEAR IS ARMS OFF!

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/BwLG-uzf4YY/hqdefault.jpg

Spoon 02-09-2018 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Chow (Post 8887117)
I was just thinking . . . What would happen if we tried scamming the scammer lol...

At this point, you can probably hit him intentionally and get off. Think of the number of character witnesses you get just by posting on social media and what not. :fullofwin:

Mr.HappySilp 02-09-2018 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastarocket (Post 8887144)
The RS Beatdown crew needs to assemble to track down this scammer! :mad:

Metrotown, Oakridge. What's his next target? Tsawwassen Mills?

Richmond center/Guilford mall,Logheed mall?

Badhobz 02-09-2018 11:55 AM

Would be awesome vigilenty justice.

DoughBoy 02-09-2018 12:46 PM

Ejaculate on his mom

Qmx323 02-09-2018 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewie (Post 8887134)
He's graduated from Metrotown to Oakridge. Too many people were probably aware of him at metrotown.

Someone should just give him the 100$ and then subtly follow the guy. He's either gotten there from public transit or he drove there. If he decides to take a bus afterwards just hop on with him and call the cops. If he takes a skytrain just there's usually the staff or a cop on the platform who can help you out with him. If he gets in a car, start the camera up and get the plate and block him so he either hits you or wait until the police show up.

What if he goes home to a corrugated metal sheet shack, and pulls out bags of moldy "after 730pm bread" from TnT to feed his 7 retarded children?

Acura604 02-09-2018 01:41 PM

"he can run...but he can't hide"

Social media flooded with claims of ?insurance fraudster? at parking lots in Metro Vancouver

MSREE 02-09-2018 02:42 PM

I have anxiety, if he approached me and I was alone I'd spray him in the eyes with Air Wick as a reflex lol.
You never know if dude will escalate into violence if he gets frustrated one day and snaps on some chick who refuses him just cuz he can.

I hope he does this to the wrong person soon and gets bear maced. He definitely needs to learn a very painful lesson.

pastarocket 02-09-2018 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acura604 (Post 8887199)

Some of the Vancouver Courier staff need to use spellcheck before their articles are published online: :fuckthatshit:

Another user posted on REVscence of a similar incident at Metrotown on Feb. 5 as well.

Beyond Metrotown, an incident also took place at Yaohan centre in Richmond. User CLY posted on Vanpeople on Jan. 30:

AzNightmare 02-09-2018 04:06 PM

Why did the article blur his face in the photos?

Badhobz 02-09-2018 05:24 PM

innocent until proven guilty bullshit....

JSALES 02-09-2018 11:31 PM

Made CTV news

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/mobile/caught-...oney-1.3797807

Sentinel 02-10-2018 08:31 PM

Heard from coworker that his friend got scammed $100 by this douche at the Willingdon Costco.

EvoSpider 02-10-2018 11:57 PM

^ Damn this guy is everywhere

FerrariEnzo 02-11-2018 08:14 AM

Lets get the RS beat down crew on this guy!

Euro7r 02-11-2018 09:20 AM

Matter of time he messes with the wrong person and gets it handed to him.

MG1 02-11-2018 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmperorIS (Post 8887093)
I want him to pull this fraud and a bunch of big black guys come out of the car

murd0c lives out in Mission, gulolol.