REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Warning: Metrotown parkade 'insurance scammer' (https://www.revscene.net/forums/714257-warning-metrotown-parkade-insurance-scammer.html)

Acura604 02-05-2018 11:58 AM

Warning: Metrotown parkade 'insurance scammer'

a friend of mine parked outside the Metrotown entrance at Superstore/Mcdonalds.

Upon slowly pulling out of his stall, this guy ran up and bumped his car and started faking a limp.

Friend got out of his car and was asked by the scammer "you hit me, do you want to settle now or i call the police".

Friend said "call icbc, i dont have money to give you.. do you want me to take you to a hospital?"

Scammer said "yes, take me"... and for some ridiculous reason, my friend let him in his car and asked "ok, where to, which hospital"... scammer responded with "over there... over there"... and then just got out of the car and walked away. Friend got out and snapped his pic... dude didn't have a 'limp' anymore.

SCAMMING SCUMBAG..that area of Burnaby is going down the shitter.

https://i.imgur.com/Teygkjz.jpg

Gh0st 02-05-2018 12:02 PM

damn i thought this stuff only happened in China via youtube videos.

heavily considering front and rear dash cams now. your friend is nice and handled it..diplomatically. I'm not sure if i could of done the same :/

Razor Ramon HG 02-05-2018 12:19 PM

inb4 this (can't get it embedded for some reason)

bcedhk 02-05-2018 12:37 PM

friend should of locked the car and drove him to the RCMP office @ crystal mall.

Hondaracer 02-05-2018 12:37 PM

Lol @ friend actually taking him somewhere

In these scenarios just let them call the police etc and wait, odds are they are just going to duck off when you tell them to call the police

EmperorIS 02-05-2018 12:43 PM

Yea.... i'm moving to Abbotsford.

Acura604 02-05-2018 12:44 PM

lol.. MORE LIKE... 'in b4 "hey, thats my dad!"'

Bouncing Bettys 02-05-2018 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmperorIS (Post 8886432)
Yea.... i'm moving to Abbotsford.

You sure?
https://www.abbynews.com/wp-content/...racistguy3.jpg

DragonChi 02-05-2018 01:19 PM

That is the first thing that came to my mind when he said Abbotsford.

SSM_DC5 02-05-2018 01:28 PM

Maybe he's a dashcam salesman

320icar 02-05-2018 01:56 PM

Man, it just had to be an asian guy.... stereotypes suck, but it’s shitty when those same people make it a reality

Edison_Chen 02-05-2018 04:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This guy also appeared in Richmond at the Asians malls. Yaohan and Contential.

Here was the blurb in Chinese. I had my wife translate it for me..

‘有些人过年缺钱!大家最近小心!

Richmond大统华停车场,有人碰我朋友瓷,朋友说带他去医院他不干,说报ICBC也不干,朋友说“我 兜里就10块,要不你拿走”,他说不行,要500?!

朋友说没有,他说旁边有银行,要点脸行吗大叔!

最后看没办法,死赖着不走,朋友懒得纠缠,说给50他就走,朋友说“我现在就报警”他灰溜溜走 掉…

大家开车小心!如果遇到这种事情直接打911!

认准这张恶毒的嘴脸!人渣!’

FerrariEnzo 02-05-2018 04:24 PM

videos or it didnt happen... lol

Man now I gotta get a rear dashcam...
then soon you gotta get side dashcams.. lol a full 360 dashcam that sits ontop of the car..

GLOW 02-05-2018 05:11 PM

i clicked expecting to hear about people playing the guitar singing horribly and asking for $ por da keeds

Euro7r 02-05-2018 05:38 PM

Man, I hope this guy ain't anyone' family member.

Useless piece of shit.

Like do people ever think how far in life they will get doing this kinda of shit? Okay, let's assume you scam a couple of peeps for some quick cash. Do they ever think if its feasible in the long run to survive...I guess I can't use logical common sense with dumbtards like these...

yray 02-05-2018 05:44 PM

lol vancouvers too small to pull this kind of shit

MG1 02-05-2018 05:45 PM

One day, he's going to try it on the wrong guy............................ like Berz. Then we can all join in on the, "You want to go to the hospital? I'll give you a real reason, bitch!" kind of mini meat.

Mr.HappySilp 02-05-2018 05:55 PM

Sorry but I just had to post this lol

stewie 02-05-2018 06:03 PM

Does metrotown not have its own surveilance cameras? If you can't get a video clip of you hitting him I'm sure the mall would be able to verify it.

Seeing as how he's wearing the exact same jacket and wearing headphones in both photos it really can't be hard to spot him on a nightly basis. It almost makes you want to get several cameras on your car to cover all angles just so he can make a false claim and call the cops... Then show him the footage after cops have showed up

GLOW 02-05-2018 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 8886507)
One day, he's going to try it on the wrong guy............................ like Berz. Then we can all join in on the, "You want to go to the hospital? I'll give you a real reason, bitch!" kind of mini meat.

gotta admit, he'll look real good getting power bombed ala rampage...better yet...

Gh0st 02-05-2018 06:32 PM

if someone had the time to pull all relevant information together including cctv footage and proof from various sources that this guy is indeed a scam artist, they should publically shame him and present this material to the media or police to prevent any others who have ill intentions to do such a retarded act.

this kind of shit seriously fucks up peoples day.

Rallydrv 02-05-2018 07:32 PM

perfect job for revscene beat down crew. /car meet

ae101 02-05-2018 07:37 PM

I wouldn't let him in the car as it could be a car jack (anything can change and happen)

SkinnyPupp 02-05-2018 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 320icar (Post 8886448)
Man, it just had to be an asian guy.... stereotypes suck, but it’s shitty when those same people make it a reality

I know you don't mean anything harmful by it, but I don't like it when people say this.

Shitty people of all 'races' (or ethnicities) exist. Case in point, the Abbotsford guy in this very thread EleGiggle

mr_chin 02-05-2018 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewie (Post 8886512)
Does metrotown not have its own surveilance cameras? If you can't get a video clip of you hitting him I'm sure the mall would be able to verify it.

Seeing as how he's wearing the exact same jacket and wearing headphones in both photos it really can't be hard to spot him on a nightly basis. It almost makes you want to get several cameras on your car to cover all angles just so he can make a false claim and call the cops... Then show him the footage after cops have showed up

For someone to say you are guilty of something, it is their responsibility to dig up the evidence, not you.

OP is not obligated to go to the police/ICBC to proof his innocence, unless there was a case.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8886537)
I know you don't mean anything harmful by it, but I don't like it when people say this.

Shitty people of all 'races' (or ethnicities) exist. Case in point, the Abbotsford guy in this very thread EleGiggle

But in reality, they do disgrace their own race by doing this kind of things. Especially in the Asian culture.