REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-13-2018, 03:28 PM   #26
HELP ME PLS!!!

Few people do have that kind of willpower. For some, it would be the equivalent of resisting any alcohol for life. I really doubt any of us on here has never had a drink.
Advertisement
Old 04-13-2018, 03:42 PM   #27
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
I think it's kind of funny that people complain when politicians switch their stance to meet their own... shouldn't you be happy they are supporting your politics now?

Whatever their intentions are (and they are usually self serving), the end result is progress
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2018, 11:28 PM   #28
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Clearly, if you had enough willpower you would not have done drugs in the first place.
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 12:18 AM   #29
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I think it's kind of funny that people complain when politicians switch their stance to meet their own... shouldn't you be happy they are supporting your politics now?

Whatever their intentions are (and they are usually self serving), the end result is progress
People who actually fought to legalize weed many who went to jail are getting screwed over while the people who put them into jail are now getting rich.
I just think it's ridiculous.
Old 04-14-2018, 12:29 AM   #30
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
Quote:
People who actually fought to legalize weed many who went to jail are getting screwed over while the people who put them into jail are now getting rich.
I just think it's ridiculous.

Yeah that is fucked up,than again most these guys caught dealing the devils lettuce don't care who their selling to,long as they got money....picture a bunch of retarded high schoolers smoking out their storage shed every friday till one of their parents catches them.

Now the government is involved and it making it the most strictest thing possible to be out of hands of young people when its legalized
Old 04-14-2018, 07:50 AM   #31
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
The brain develops up to the age of about 25. The highest demographic of pot smokers is 18-25. Schizophrenia is most commonly triggered from 20-30 yrs old. Not infants.
1% of the general population are diagnosed. A pretty big number if you think about it
Medical and society benefits still outweigh the negatives
Compared to alcohol, cigarettes, prescription drugs etc. Weed is a god send.

Legalization is coming. Get off your rocking chair and tackle this by the horns.
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 08:51 AM   #32
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
I believe I'm one of the older posters here, not MG1 old but older . I hadn't smoked weed in probably 20+ years, never really wanted to either.

The last couple years I've had a lot of health issues, I live with nerve pain daily and the medication I take to help with that reduces it but it's still there and it is never going away. After trying so many medications and being frustrated for so long I figured why not give marijuana a chance? My biggest concern was the smell, I didn't want to be smoking it in my house or my garage and have my 12 year old smelling it. It's hard to preach don't do drugs if you're smoking it around them.

I had a buddy introduce me to pens and oil. I've been smoking it either after work or before bed pretty much daily for the last bunch of months and it's helped me a lot, the odor dissipates quickly can do it in the house.

My point is if I can change my stance on marijuana I'd be a hypocrite to ridicule a politician for doing the same thing.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 09:46 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
I believe I'm one of the older posters here, not MG1 old but older . I hadn't smoked weed in probably 20+ years, never really wanted to either.

The last couple years I've had a lot of health issues, I live with nerve pain daily and the medication I take to help with that reduces it but it's still there and it is never going away. After trying so many medications and being frustrated for so long I figured why not give marijuana a chance? My biggest concern was the smell, I didn't want to be smoking it in my house or my garage and have my 12 year old smelling it. It's hard to preach don't do drugs if you're smoking it around them.

I had a buddy introduce me to pens and oil. I've been smoking it either after work or before bed pretty much daily for the last bunch of months and it's helped me a lot, the odor dissipates quickly can do it in the house.

My point is if I can change my stance on marijuana I'd be a hypocrite to ridicule a politician for doing the same thing.
Do you think any of these people even smoke weed? They are just in it for the money and could care less about the product.
Old 04-14-2018, 11:43 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludepower View Post
Medical and society benefits still outweigh the negatives
Compared to alcohol, cigarettes, prescription drugs etc. Weed is a god send.

Legalization is coming. Get off your rocking chair and tackle this by the horns.
k. i wasn't denying any of that.
and again, i'm not against legalization..with education
-Norm Franz

Last edited by welfare; 04-14-2018 at 11:51 AM.
Old 04-14-2018, 01:26 PM   #35
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,325 Times in 5,641 Posts
While idiots like Marc emery went about their “activism” the completely wrong way, I agree with the sentiment that these sacks of shit put people behind jail and were behind legislation to further criminalize possession etc then once the horizon is bright they switch.

While I associate myself heavily as a conservative type, what gets me is some of these people were using quasi religious reasons as to their stance on the subject. Now you’re switching or being forced into a new stance and just rolling with it? Nice character.
Old 04-14-2018, 02:05 PM   #36

Quote:
Do you think any of these people even smoke weed? They are just in it for the money and could care less about the product.

What's it matter though? You can't change your stance on something unless you're going to partake? Does that mean if you don't drink you should be anti alcohol?

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2018, 07:43 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
What's it matter though? You can't change your stance on something unless you're going to partake? Does that mean if you don't drink you should be anti alcohol?
There changing their stance to make a quick buck not because they believe marijuana should be legalized. If someone offers them more money they would change their stance again. There a bunch of hypocrites.
Old 04-14-2018, 08:44 PM   #38

Quote:
There changing their stance to make a quick buck not because they believe marijuana should be legalized. If someone offers them more money they would change their stance again. There a bunch of hypocrites.
I don't disagree but that's the nature of politics is it not?

I mean look at the definition of politics under the Webster dictionary. Pretty much exactly what's going on here.

Quote:

Definition of politics
1 a : the art or science of government
b : the art or science concerned with guiding or influencing governmental policy
c : the art or science concerned with winning and holding control over a government

Old 04-14-2018, 10:01 PM   #39
HELP ME PLS!!!

If we were not allowed to change our way of thinking, we would still think the earth is flat.
Old 04-14-2018, 10:26 PM   #40
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonChi View Post
If we were not allowed to change our way of thinking, we would still think the earth is flat.
But it is flat.... Are you not woke?
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 10:27 PM   #41
HELP ME PLS!!!

Old 04-15-2018, 01:48 PM   #42
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,574 Times in 1,718 Posts
I don't understand how some people in this thread are not understanding Manic's thought process on this one.

No one is saying that you cannot learn new facts and change your opinion, or come to a different conclusion.

What he's talking about is people like John Boehner, and many of these Republican so called "Christian" pricks who for years promoted this failed war on drugs, and promoted stiffer criminal penalties on folks who I may add are still sitting in jail to this day for marijuana offences (mostly African American). Now suddenly when this industry can feed their corrupt pockets, they suddenly have a change of heart? Well if that's the case, why do we not see people like John Boehner push to have States release criminals who are in jail for drug possession?

You'll never see that from these hypocrites, that's the problem, and that's what Manic is trying to portray here. It's angering and frustrating to those of us who have been following the war on drugs in the United States for decades here. It's blatantly obvious how flawed the system is, and the abundance of incredulous characters who populate it within politics. It's not rocket science.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-15-2018, 04:46 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
I don't understand how some people in this thread are not understanding Manic's thought process on this one.

No one is saying that you cannot learn new facts and change your opinion, or come to a different conclusion.

What he's talking about is people like John Boehner, and many of these Republican so called "Christian" pricks who for years promoted this failed war on drugs, and promoted stiffer criminal penalties on folks who I may add are still sitting in jail to this day for marijuana offences (mostly African American). Now suddenly when this industry can feed their corrupt pockets, they suddenly have a change of heart? Well if that's the case, why do we not see people like John Boehner push to have States release criminals who are in jail for drug possession?

You'll never see that from these hypocrites, that's the problem, and that's what Manic is trying to portray here. It's angering and frustrating to those of us who have been following the war on drugs in the United States for decades here. It's blatantly obvious how flawed the system is, and the abundance of incredulous characters who populate it within politics. It's not rocket science.
Thanks that's exactly what I ment.

Last edited by Manic!; 04-15-2018 at 05:07 PM.
Manic! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 06:23 PM   #44
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Quote:
Well if that's the case, why do we not see people like John Boehner push to have States release criminals who are in jail for drug possession?
Because criminals can't vote. At the end of the day that's all these politicians care about.
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 07:21 PM   #45
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:

So the war on drugs is hypocritical, drug dealers kill each other with guns with 98% being black but black lives matter, but guns and the NRA are bad, yet people want their drugs and thus there are gang bangers with guns but the hypocrites think more laws prevent more criminals. Yeah, we see your point and Manic's clearly.

Quote:
Clearly, if you had enough willpower you would not have done drugs in the first place.
Just like people who take the willpower to know their, they're, and there - it's the small things that support the will to lead.
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-15-2018, 07:25 PM   #46
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 08:32 PM   #47

Quote:

Given how passionate you are about the subject, you must be ecstatic that Hillary didn't win. Considering she lobbied so hard to have her husband's 94 crime bill passed.
You remember the one; three strikes. Trying children as young as 13 as adults. Massive grants to states who imposed lengthier sentences. Responsible for the highest rate of incarceration of any president EVER. And so on and so on..

Federal and State Prison PopulationsSoared Under Clinton, Report Finds - latimes

-Norm Franz
Old 04-15-2018, 08:33 PM   #48
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post
So the war on drugs is hypocritical, drug dealers kill each other with guns with 98% being black but black lives matter, but guns and the NRA are bad, yet people want their drugs and thus there are gang bangers with guns but the hypocrites think more laws prevent more criminals. Yeah, we see your point and Manic's clearly.

I would say they're both just as bad, in terms of taking advantage of their community for profit.

Old 04-17-2018, 01:22 PM   #49

Not even going to play this game with you, I know where you stand on this argument, and I know your prejudices.

It's called socioeconomics. Blacks kill each other, and? Guess what? Whites kill each other "98%" of the time as well. We hurt those closest to us, within our own communities. That's obvious. This whole "blacks kill blacks" argument is ridiculous, and people like yourself continue to perpetuate it. You are practicing willful cognitive dissonance here. You are allowing your own prejudice to cloud your reasoning here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post

Just like people who take the willpower to know their, they're, and there - it's the small things that support the will to lead.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2018, 01:30 PM   #50

I normally ignore your posts, as you're a troll. Oh yes, let's talk about Hilary Clinton again, your common argument.

I am no fan of the Clinton's, I liked many of Bill's policies, his three strikes law was one I hated deeply. It was Clinton's method of reaching his olive branch to the right, by showing that though he's a Democrat, he would be hard on crime.

It was a terrible decision that has ruined hundreds of thousands of lives. Yes, I remember Hillary calling us "Super Predators" as well. Old news. It's irrelevant, she lost. I still stand by the fact that she would've been better than this buffoon.

To her credit, she did run on the stance of continuing Obama's polices of raking back the war on drugs, which may show to me, she changed her stance. Albeit, she never became President, so I will take her word on this. What I do know is your hero decided to do the complete opposite, and appoint Jeff Sessions, someone who I may add just recently informed his prosecutors to pursue the "death penalty" for some drug related offences.

I highly doubt this would be a policy of stance of the Clinton (Hilary) Administration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
Given how passionate you are about the subject, you must be ecstatic that Hillary didn't win. Considering she lobbied so hard to have her husband's 94 crime bill passed.
You remember the one; three strikes. Trying children as young as 13 as adults. Massive grants to states who imposed lengthier sentences. Responsible for the highest rate of incarceration of any president EVER. And so on and so on..

Federal and State Prison PopulationsSoared Under Clinton, Report Finds - latimes

https://youtu.be/vNkJ8x-8jk0