REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-11-2018, 12:27 PM   #826
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,392 Times in 1,234 Posts
Failing to see how any of this relates to Trump? Or is this just the "Racism Catch-All" thread now?
Advertisement

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 03:16 PM   #827
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,594 Times in 1,729 Posts
The Japanese player isn't even white. She's mulatto, half Japanese, half Haitian.

The comic sucks, as does welfare. Nike faced no backlash, stock back (even though it didn't even matter in the first place, stocks move up and down constantly), I hear nothing but chirps in here.

Ughh I'm so tired of arguing over all these "team" based issues, it's exhausting.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 08:21 PM   #828
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
"Dear Nike,

I want to have a conversation about this hat. It's over 13 years old. I don't remember when I bought it exactly, I don't remember where I bought it. But what I do remember is why I wore it.

On August 10, 2005, I was a newlywed with two young sons. My husband Tim and I had toasted our one month anniversary the night before, and I was enjoying a rare evening to myself, catching up on reading and relishing the quiet. Until there was a knock on my door. I had no way of knowing that the small act of turning a knob was about to shatter my life into a million pieces. I sat numb and in sheer disbelief as I was told that my husband, while in a foot pursuit and subsequent struggle with a suspect that ended up in the road, had been struck and killed by an oncoming vehicle. He took his last breath lying in the middle of the street. What I lost in that moment is indescribable. I had to watch his mother be dealt the most agonizing blow a parent can face, and I couldn't comfort her because I was in my own hell. I had to find a way to gut my own children in the gentlest way possible, and tell them that this man they had come to love, who they looked up to, who cared for them as his own, would never walk through our door again.

I don't know if you've ever attended a police funeral, but watching grown men who've seen the absolute worst things a civilian can imagine, break down and sob over the casket of their brother is an image that never leaves you. The bagpipes haunt my dreams to this day, but it was the faces of my children, the innocence that abandoned them at such a tender age that brought me to my knees.

I had no choice but to move on. We trudged zombie-like through our days for weeks and weeks on end. I never left the house except to drive the boys to school, or buy food we barely touched. I realized that I had to do something. I had to move my body or I was going to crawl out of my own skin. So I put on the only cap I had and I went for a run. It was short, it hurt and it was ugly. But I felt, just for those few moments on that road, like a normal person. So I kept doing it. I put that hat on and I ran every day. Sometimes I had to stop and sit down because I was sobbing so hard. Sometimes I was so angry I ran until I thought I my heart would stop, sometimes I would just scream over and over again, but it still felt better than doing nothing.

That black cap became a symbol to me, it is sweat stained and it's shape is gone, the buckle in the back barely closes; but that hat represents my family's rise from the ashes. It stands for the strength and the sacrifice we made loving a man who had a job that we all knew could end his life, every time he walked out that door. And it did. And I accept that.

I still wear this hat, I wore it on my run this morning.

And then I heard about your new ad campaign.

Colin Kapernick has the absolute right to protest anything he damn well pleases. I don't dispute that for one second. My father, my husband and many, many friends have all served this country and were willing to fight for his right to kneel.

But that right goes both ways. I also have a right to express my disgust at your decision to portray him as some kind of hero. What, exactly has Colin Kapernick sacrificed? His multi million dollar paycheck...? Nope, you already gave him one of those. His reputation? No, he's been fawned over by celebrities and media alike. Funny, Tim Tebow was never called courageous when he knelt.

This man, whose contempt for law enforcement fits him like a...sock, has promoted an agenda that has been proven false time and time again, in study after study. But facts don't seem to matter anymore. This man has thrown his support behind divisive anti-police groups, and donated money directly to a fugitive from justice who escaped prison after killing a police officer. I question the judgement of anyone who would put someone this controversial and divisive at the head of an advertising campaign, but it isn't my company to run.

I don't know if I'll have he heart to ever get rid of this cap, but I will tell you this, I'll never purchase another Nike product as long as I live. You got this one wrong Nike, terribly, terribly wrong.

Sherry Graham-Potter, surviving spouse of Deputy Tim Graham"
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 08:38 PM   #829
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
You think Nike cares about a lady who bought a hat 13 years ago?

Black people are not even safe in there own homes. With cops in the US it seems like its shoot first ask questions latter.

Off duty cop enters apartment see's someone moving and shoots without warning.
Turns on light to find out the apartment was not hers.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/10/us/da...vit/index.html
Old 09-11-2018, 08:56 PM   #830
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,824 Times in 3,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
Failing to see how any of this relates to Trump? Or is this just the "Racism Catch-All" thread now?
just add people to the ignore list if they have a habit of bringing up the same old shit completely unrelated to the thread topics

does wonders

don't have to read CiC's mental diarrhea any more haha
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 09:01 PM   #831

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
You think Nike cares about a lady who bought a hat 13 years ago?

Black people are not even safe in there own homes. With cops in the US it seems like its shoot first ask questions latter.

Off duty cop enters apartment see's someone moving and shoots without warning.
Turns on light to find out the apartment was not hers.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/10/us/da...vit/index.html
I wonder if cnn would have covered that apparently accidental shooting if the victim were white
-Norm Franz
Old 09-11-2018, 09:30 PM   #832

Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
I wonder if cnn would have covered that apparently accidental shooting if the victim were white
She didn't pull the trigger by accident. Just imagine if he had shot her. The right wing media would make her out to be an angle and called him a black thug. If he would have accidentally entered her apartment and get shot. They would make him out to be a black thug and she would be on the cover of the NRA magazine as a proud white woman who stood her ground.

There is a problem with the police in the US. They don't get paid that much so no one wants to be a cop. The recruits they do get many times are kids that barley passed high school. The Memphis PD was in Settle last week trying to get new recruits. Think about that. They had to travel all that distance just to find someone will to be a cop.
Old 09-11-2018, 09:42 PM   #833

Also lets protest Warner Brothers.

Old 09-11-2018, 09:48 PM   #834

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
She didn't pull the trigger by accident. Just imagine if he had shot her. The right wing media would make her out to be an angle and called him a black thug. If he would have accidentally entered her apartment and get shot. They would make him out to be a black thug and she would be on the cover of the NRA magazine as a proud white woman who stood her ground.

There is a problem with the police in the US. They don't get paid that much so no one wants to be a cop. The recruits they do get many times are kids that barley passed high school. The Memphis PD was in Settle last week trying to get new recruits. Think about that. They had to travel all that distance just to find someone will to be a cop.
And maybe nobody wants to be a cop because of the recent views of police.
Why would anybody want to risk their lives, thankless, everyday for $50k/year when race baiting cnn and the like fan the flames every chance they get?
It used to be an admirable job. Now they can't even do their job,all the while getting spit on.
The pay hasn't changed. The climate has.

It was an accident until proven otherwise in a court of law.
-Norm Franz
Old 09-11-2018, 09:58 PM   #835

Quote:
And maybe nobody wants to be a cop because of the recent views of police.
Why would anybody want to risk their lives, thankless, everyday for $50k/year when race baiting cnn and the like fan the flames every chance they get?
It used to be an admirable job. Now they can't even do their job,all the while getting spit on.
The pay hasn't changed. The climate has.

It was an accident until proven otherwise in a court of law.
That's only because she is white if she was black civilian republicans would be already asking for the death penalty.

Old 09-11-2018, 10:24 PM   #836

What year was that?
Anecdotal "evidence" for a hypothetical situation that you have no way of "proving".

When was the last time cnn broke a story of a white person killed by police?
Approximately twice as many, so no shortage.
Or how about the last time they covered a police officer killed in the line of duty?
Plenty of those too.

Doesn't fit their agenda huh
-Norm Franz
Old 09-11-2018, 10:55 PM   #837

Quote:
What year was that?
Anecdotal "evidence" for a hypothetical situation that you have no way of "proving".

When was the last time cnn broke a story of a white person killed by police?
Approximately twice as many, so no shortage.
Or how about the last time they covered a police officer killed in the line of duty?
Plenty of those too.

Doesn't fit their agenda huh
The year was 89 and trump wanted the death penalty brought back for them.

with trump I guess its guilty even after proved Innocent.

Someone makes a drawing of Serena Williams looking like a sambo you laugh. Kap wears police pig socks for one game the right wants to lynch him. Rich republicans got you worrying about the stupidest shit. I have seen more outrage against Nike and Kap then the roman catholic church and they raped hundreds of thousands of kids.
Old 09-12-2018, 05:08 AM   #838

When did i comment on the Serena cartoon?
-Norm Franz
Old 09-12-2018, 05:11 AM   #839

Spoiler!
-Norm Franz

Last edited by welfare; 09-21-2018 at 08:43 PM.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:55 AM   #840

Welfare thanks for proving my point. If your black it's guilty until proven innocent and still guilty if proven innocent. That whole article was written so people who helped lock them up don't have to feel guilty or ashamed of locking up a bunch of teenagers who had nothing to do with the crime.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:16 AM   #841

either you are willfully ignorant, illiterate, or just didn't read it.
i'm honestly not sure which
-Norm Franz
Old 09-12-2018, 11:41 AM   #842
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Go fuck yourself , welfare!
Xplicit_EL is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-12-2018, 11:48 AM   #843

Quote:
either you are willfully ignorant, illiterate, or just didn't read it.
i'm honestly not sure which
I carefully read the whole article multiple times.

"A cellmate of Reyes claims he said that he heard a woman screaming in the park that night and ran to join in the rape.

The "exoneration" comes down to Reyes' unsubstantiated claim that he acted alone.

So you believe the word of a prison snitch like god came down from heaven and said it himself. You only believe what ever fits your narrative. Hell multiple women claim trump sexually assaulted them. But you believe they are all bitches and liars.

"Today, these kids' DNA would have been found all over the crime scene."

There is absolutely no way to know that. The whole articular is one sided and B.S

I actually just clicked on the link to see who the author was. WTF Anne Coulter. You want me to take anything she says seriously. Thanks for wasting my time responding to someone this stupid.

Old 09-12-2018, 01:26 PM   #844
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
The Japanese player isn't even white. She's mulatto, half Japanese, half Haitian.
Wow.
For the record, here is how Wiki defines Mulatto.
Quote:
In English, the term is today generally confined to historical contexts. English speakers of mixed white and black ancestry seldom choose to identify themselves as mulatto.
Historical context, ie; your racist uncle on facebook, or MikeHMG on revscene.
Seldom choose to identify, ie; it's a derogatory term

This thread is as shitty as Trumps presidency.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 10:36 PM   #845

Don't like coulter?
You probably trust Wikipedia tho.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cent...rk_jogger_case

By their own accounts, and still to this day uncontested, they were in the park that night beating people senseless and robbing them.
Psychiatric testimony to Reyes stated that "he was incapable of telling the truth".
Her injuries were also not consistent with a single attacker.
There's also the testimony of melody Jackson, who testified wise admitted to her that he was involved in the attack. She has never retracted that statement.

And what about the walkman that Reyes admitted to stealing from the victim when he confessed in 2002? The victim only recalled it missing after it was brought up by him. Yet wise mentioned a "Rudy" had stolen the victims walkman back when he was detained in 1989. How would he know that detail when nobody else, not the police, and obviously not the unconscious victim, did?

The only reason they were exonerated was by the word of a convicted serial rapist and murderer. Who was "incapable of telling the truth".
And so conveniently for him, after the statute of limitations had taken effect.

The only reason they received a payout was so Deblasio could get elected.
He campaigned on it.
-Norm Franz
Old 09-21-2018, 12:44 PM   #846
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
So..... why is Trump fucking with China so much?

First, the shit talk.
Second, the tariffs.
Now he's talking about sanctions against China because they bought some shitty Tupolov jets for their military.

Quote:
According to a 2017 law, the Countering America's Adversaries Through Sanctions Act (CAATSA)
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/china-o...-consequences/
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 12:56 PM   #847
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,312 Times in 2,517 Posts
I actually agree with Trump fxxking with China big time, and it is one of the few things that he is doing extremely well on.

From an American perspective, China has really gotten to big, powerful, and rich for US' comfort. China's growth and aggressiveness in recent years is also causing a disruption to the status quo in numerous places around the globe, with the most severe disruptions / threats to the East, SE, and South Asia stability. Korea, Japan, and the Philippines are all strategy US allies (and mostly loyal US lap dogs). Having these countries under pressure and threat from China is not very good for the US to maintain control in the region.

The grand Chinese pipedream of One Belt One Road is likely also causing some concern in the US.

Granted, I don't suppose any of these ideas are primarily coming from Trump. Instead, they are more likely the grand US institutional strategy. Since they align well with Trump's MAGA initiative, and perfectly suits Trump's bullying and confrontative style of "diplomacy", I'm sure the institutional players are happy to see Trump using economic sanctions to contain China.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 08:41 PM   #848

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
So..... why is Trump fucking with China so much?

First, the shit talk.
Second, the tariffs.
Now he's talking about sanctions against China because they bought some shitty Tupolov jets for their military.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/china-o...-consequences/
You'd probably be hard pressed to figure why he wouldn't be fucking with China.

South China sea expansion
Threatening the petrodollar
Intellectual property theft

Take your pick
China has become an uncomfortably big fish in the US' pond
-Norm Franz

Last edited by welfare; 09-21-2018 at 09:05 PM.
Old 09-21-2018, 10:03 PM   #849
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,019 Times in 1,912 Posts
^ plus new silk road. Xi Jinping bringing back the dynasty!
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-21-2018, 11:21 PM   #850
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,472 Times in 5,121 Posts
It’s like the North Korea summit up in here, welfare and Traum agreeing with each other!!! What’s next? Manic! coming over to welfare’s for dinner?
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: