REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-21-2018, 11:28 PM   #851
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,802 Times in 3,898 Posts
ah America, the world police

China can buy from whoever the hell they want, just like how US has been ramping up hardware sales with Taiwan

Donnie gonna sanction the NATO soon I hope...they're also buying from Russia

unless it's on your six, how can anyone hate on a piece of engineering like this?

Advertisement
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 07:41 PM   #852
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Only room for one dominant world power.
personally, I'll take America's military colonialism over China's totalitarian globalization. Any day.
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-22-2018, 09:24 PM   #853
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,288 Times in 2,506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
Only room for one dominant world power.
personally, I'll take America's military colonialism over China's totalitarian globalization. Any day.
If the US isn't such a bully (even when Trump wasn't at the driver seat), our world can certain handle multiple dominant world power. Just look at Europe -- Germany, France, and UK all have their own strengths, and prior to the UK's stupid decision to Brexit, they generally knew how to play nice together.

As long as Trump is not at the helm, I'd totally agree that I'll take the US's bullying ways over China's totalitarian globalization any day. With Trump at the helm, the breadcrumbs that he leaves you with is hardly any better than what China would do.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 09:47 AM   #854

Trump is the only thing keeping China at bay. Or at least attempting to. Can you imagine if Clinton would have won?

I was just reading up on China's recently implemented "social credit system". That is just frightening. It's the type of control that they're undoubtedly looking to expand as far as they can.
People complain about Trump. And sure, he is bombastic. His comments can be ridiculous. But i think it's more important to focus on the actions. And their results.
China, in comparison, is now a complete dictatorship. And equipped with a surveillance system capable of controlling its people to ensure that there is absolutely no opposition to this.

As far as the EU, i think the migrant crisis has much more to do with its fracturing than brexit does.
The neglect from Brussels of the independent needs of its countries. Especially in the southern hemisphere.
Honestly, I'd give that whole setup another five years before it's dismantled.
They want their independence. And i completely sympathize.
-Norm Franz
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-23-2018, 02:24 PM   #855
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Trump is the only thing keeping China at bay. Or at least attempting to. Can you imagine if Clinton would have won?

I was just reading up on China's recently implemented "social credit system". That is just frightening. It's the type of control that they're undoubtedly looking to expand as far as they can.
People complain about Trump. And sure, he is bombastic. His comments can be ridiculous. But i think it's more important to focus on the actions. And their results.
China, in comparison, is now a complete dictatorship. And equipped with a surveillance system capable of controlling its people to ensure that there is absolutely no opposition to this.

As far as the EU, i think the migrant crisis has much more to do with its fracturing than brexit does.
The neglect from Brussels of the independent needs of its countries. Especially in the southern hemisphere.
Honestly, I'd give that whole setup another five years before it's dismantled.
They want their independence. And i completely sympathize.
Wow. I had no idea the EU had members in the southern hemisphere. The amount knowledge you bring to this forum is outstanding.
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-23-2018, 04:52 PM   #856
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,389 Times in 5,087 Posts
I don’t buy the whole Trump is the only thing holding China at bay idea... China’s plans were in action long before Trump or anyone else was in power and they weren’t waiting for any particular opportunity... and Trump isn’t strong against them... trade tariffs bitch please China already made their money off everyone. If anything he’s doing more damage by pushing them and Russia into a little lovenest together...
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 06:26 PM   #857

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
Wow. I had no idea the EU had members in the southern hemisphere. The amount knowledge you bring to this forum is outstanding.
you read through all that to nitpick a small detail?

EU does extend into the southern hemisphere

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%C3%A9union

Quote:
Réunion is an outermost region of the European Union and, as an overseas department of France, part of the Eurozone
and there are many territories and countries like that in the austral half and they very much use the Euro legal tender

Last edited by twitchyzero; 09-23-2018 at 06:32 PM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-23-2018, 06:50 PM   #858
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,252 Times in 1,965 Posts
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/brett-...tion-1.4835595

The fuck?
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 06:54 PM   #859
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,967 Times in 1,895 Posts
Quote:

For a counterpoint, worth a watch:

Ted Talk - A tale of Two Political Systems - https://www.ted.com/talks/eric_x_li_...ms?language=en
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 07:01 PM   #860

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
you read through all that to nitpick a small detail?

EU does extend into the southern hemisphere

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%C3%A9union

and there are many territories and countries like that in the austral half and they very much use the Euro legal tender
We all know he was referring to actual EU countries, not special territories. I just found it funny he threw in the word hemisphere when he clearly doesn't have a clue.
Old 09-23-2018, 07:44 PM   #861

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
Region? Block? Area?
The countries being flooded with illegal immigrants and no compensation from Brussels.
That more clear?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
I don’t buy the whole Trump is the only thing holding China at bay idea... China’s plans were in action long before Trump or anyone else was in power and they weren’t waiting for any particular opportunity... and Trump isn’t strong against them... trade tariffs bitch please China already made their money off everyone. If anything he’s doing more damage by pushing them and Russia into a little lovenest together...
Better late than never though.
I do agree with that last bit. Russia, China,and Iran are most certainly aligning. More now than ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
Honestly, these decades old sexual misconduct allegations,so conveniently timed, are just getting retarded.
-Norm Franz
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-23-2018, 08:38 PM   #862

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
For a counterpoint, worth a watch:

Ted Talk - A tale of Two Political Systems - https://www.ted.com/talks/eric_x_li_...ms?language=en
Always boils down to the same question:
Do you prefer a free yet less functional society?
Or one that's controlled yet effective?

I do wonder how he feels now that xi has removed term limits and implemented a surveillance state penalizing citizens for such things as spending too much time playing video games, buying alcoholic products, or even associating with others who don't function in their "socially acceptable" manner.
I honestly wonder if he thinks it's excessive.

A good video nonetheless. Appreciate you sharing.
-Norm Franz

Last edited by welfare; 09-23-2018 at 09:10 PM.
Old 09-23-2018, 08:40 PM   #863

Ford had reported it to her therapist in 2012
so clearly she was still distraught by it decades later

honestly not perturbed there are apologists in here defending alleged rapists
Old 09-23-2018, 09:07 PM   #864

Quote:

He allegedly raped her?
-Norm Franz
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-23-2018, 10:10 PM   #865
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,381 Times in 3,463 Posts
Quote:
He allegedly raped her?
He tried but he probably couldn't get it up.
Old 09-23-2018, 10:50 PM   #866

This is brutal.

Old 09-24-2018, 12:11 PM   #867
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,557 Times in 1,708 Posts
This is fantastic. I often have often wondered how the families of some of these corrupt Republican politicians who are running under the Trump banner this year. This Ad is scathing, I really hope we see this type of Ad in the future with other candidates. Arizona was a race where the Democrats have a real chance of winning this year, the latest national polls from over the weekend have the Democrats up by a massive amount of points overall, something like 12-points, which is nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 10:51 PM   #868

Quote:

-The therapist notes never mentioned kavanaughs name.
-She can't seem to remember where or when (not even the year) that this alleged assault took place. Or anyone else,besides the alleged attackers, who were there.
-Her lawyer is admittedly part of "the resistance" against trump.
-Feinstein knew about these allegations for three months and chooses now, during the confirmation hearing, to bring it to attention. It would sure seem like it's an attempt to stall the hearing.

Not an apologist. It's just gonna take more than a conveniently timed story that's full of more holes than swiss cheese to convince me.
-Norm Franz
Old 09-24-2018, 11:46 PM   #869
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,389 Times in 5,087 Posts
All of this is ignoring the fact Kavanaugh is an asshole who openly plans to revert laws he doesn’t agree with and provide extra powers to the Presidency to excuse itself from the law itself. How he even got this far into it to have this bestowed upon him is a mockery of democracy unto itself.

The whole hearing and appointment process is a joke in this case... Mr. Kavanaugh, do you plan to do these things... no I do not or I can’t say for sure... but everyone knows he’s lying and he fucking will... frustrating to watch a bunch of very highly paid and very educated adults pretend the obvious isn’t happening and acting surprised after it eventually does/will.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 12:09 AM   #870

patient confidentiality...the practitioner can share as little or as much information as he/she likes...unless she was attacked in that same incident by another high-ranking official-to-be

did she not identify another person the bedroom at that time? 1982 is freaking almost 40 years ago. You remember every the details of a major life event even 25 years ago? When your brain was still developing? and you're drunk/high? Both Reuters and AP has a pretty detailed recount from her...so did you make that up from thin air?

is 3 months supposed to be a long time? certainly not in the eyes of the law and Ford had asked for confidentiality until the media blew up

is timing convenient? sure...doesn't make it any less fake if you're mainly using coincidence as a counter-argument

Last edited by twitchyzero; 09-25-2018 at 12:15 AM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-25-2018, 09:30 AM   #871
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,390 Times in 586 Posts
Quote:
unless it's on your six, how can anyone hate on a piece of engineering like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVlmoNtcyhY
With that maneuverability it would have been invincible in the 70's and 80's, but in today's combat theatre it's all about weapons systems (missiles), radar, and EW from BVR. Combined with pilot experience, in which the Russians have little to none compared to the US and NATO, the Russian fighters are cannon fodder. They don't stand a chance against a mass of F22, F35, Eurofighter, or updated 4th Gen fighters who will kill them or force them to disengage from 50+ miles away. They'll never get to a merge to be able to use the airshow tricks.

/back to politics....
JD¹³ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-25-2018, 07:06 PM   #872

Quote:
Both Reuters and AP has a pretty detailed recount from her...so did you make that up from thin air?
So exactly when and where did this alleged incident take place?
Kind of important details if anyone wanted to try and corroborate this story.

Quote:
1982 is freaking almost 40 years ago. You remember every the details of a major life event even 25 years ago? When your brain was still developing? and you're drunk/high?
And the defense rests.
-Norm Franz
Old 09-25-2018, 09:14 PM   #873

https://www.reddit.com/r/cringe/comm..._donald_trump/

I have to admit he took that well
Old 09-25-2018, 09:19 PM   #874

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD¹³ View Post
With that maneuverability it would have been invincible in the 70's and 80's, but in today's combat theatre it's all about weapons systems (missiles), radar, and EW from BVR. Combined with pilot experience, in which the Russians have little to none compared to the US and NATO, the Russian fighters are cannon fodder. They don't stand a chance against a mass of F22, F35, Eurofighter, or updated 4th Gen fighters who will kill them or force them to disengage from 50+ miles away. They'll never get to a merge to be able to use the airshow tricks.

/back to politics....
isn't the J-20 fairly capable?
why would the plaaf procure Russian then?
Old 09-26-2018, 11:04 AM   #875

Another one: https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/26/polit...ugh/index.html

Quote:
A third woman has presented the Senate Judiciary Committee with allegations of inappropriate behavior by Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, accusing him of sexually aggressive behavior at alcohol-fueled parties when he was in high school.
The new accuser, Julie Swetnick, was identified by her lawyer Michael Avenatti on Twitter Wednesday morning. In a sworn statement prepared by Avenatti and submitted to committee, Swetnick said that Kavanaugh and his friend Mark Judge were present at a party where she was drugged and "gang raped."