REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 09-25-2018, 11:40 AM   #151
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
Check everyday at 8AM sharp. That's when the in-store pickup system refreshes its inventories.
Thanks! I was able to order one for pickup today
Advertisement
haha13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 02:47 AM   #152
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Point is, they're a massive company charging a massive premium for a product and they wouldn't even keep a customer happy and build brand loyalty over a menial part? Whereas Bose, also a huge company but nowhere near the scale of Apple, doesn't even ask me if my warranty is still valid or what I did to the headphones
to be fair... speaker technology hasnt changed since 1925... and speakers are really really really cheap to produce... BOSE margins are ULTRA high...
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 05:01 AM   #153
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
to be fair... speaker technology hasnt changed since 1925... and speakers are really really really cheap to produce... BOSE margins are ULTRA high...
Bose marketing is very very well done

Anyone in the audio industry knows "If there's no highs or lows, it must be Bose"
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 06:46 AM   #154
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
So Im pretty sure we all that the next gen iPhones will be more then this years. Apple is testing the waters to see how much people are willing to pay. Just saying...

Im not knocking on Apple products, they are good devices but for $2k, I think its a bit much....
Old 09-28-2018, 08:12 AM   #155
Media Officer / MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo View Post
So Im pretty sure we all that the next gen iPhones will be more then this years. Apple is testing the waters to see how much people are willing to pay. Just saying...

Im not knocking on Apple products, they are good devices but for $2k, I think its a bit much....
IT'S WORTH EVERY PENNYYYYYYYY

nah I agree, 2k is a lot. Tim Cook went on some show saying because it replaces your media player, camera, etc its worth it... but all phones do that lol.

For people that are in the eco system is hard to get out tho... we're fucked
Old 09-28-2018, 08:35 AM   #156
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,452 Times in 986 Posts
after switching from 8 years of android, the only thing i don't really like that much is the face id. i'd really prefer a fingerprint scanner.. everything else i've gotten used to.
some of the gestures really make the phone a lot easier to use once you've gotten used to them.
unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 08:44 AM   #157
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
anyone have any test images of the camera i hear so much about?
Old 09-28-2018, 08:58 AM   #158
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Money View Post
anyone have any test images of the camera i hear so much about?
https://www.reddit.com/r/apple/comme...mera_applying/

https://9to5mac.com/2018/09/28/iphon...kin-smoothing/
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 09:01 AM   #159
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
after switching from 8 years of android, the only thing i don't really like that much is the face id. i'd really prefer a fingerprint scanner.. everything else i've gotten used to.
some of the gestures really make the phone a lot easier to use once you've gotten used to them.
Keep an eye out for the new Samsung S10 coming out in March/April. Rumours that they're currently working on a near bezel-less design with an in screen fingerprint scanner because they're doing a design overhaul from the S8/9
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2018, 09:59 AM   #160
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,316 Times in 5,636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Aznboi128 View Post
Bose marketing is very very well done

Anyone in the audio industry knows "If there's no highs or lows, it must be Bose"
After purchasing and using many Bose products I’ve come to a conclusion about the “no highs no lows” and I relate it directly to apple products.

I have the Soundlink 2 BT speaker, and the QuietComfort 35 II headphones. Imo no highs and no lows = longevitity. Much like how Apple doesn’t let you install your own shit like Samsung/android phones do.

They control their devices so that they last. I use my QC35’s almost daily and they have worked absolutely amazing since day one. I can see them working for 5-10 years no problem

I don’t think you can say the same about some beats by dre etc where the drivers are constantly pounding incredibly low notes all the time. And yes I know Apple now owns beats but I still feel that way about the drivers themselves.
Old 09-28-2018, 10:34 AM   #161
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
After purchasing and using many Bose products I’ve come to a conclusion about the “no highs no lows” and I relate it directly to apple products.

I have the Soundlink 2 BT speaker, and the QuietComfort 35 II headphones. Imo no highs and no lows = longevitity. Much like how Apple doesn’t let you install your own shit like Samsung/android phones do.

They control their devices so that they last. I use my QC35’s almost daily and they have worked absolutely amazing since day one. I can see them working for 5-10 years no problem

I don’t think you can say the same about some beats by dre etc where the drivers are constantly pounding incredibly low notes all the time. And yes I know Apple now owns beats but I still feel that way about the drivers themselves.
Do you also buy Monster cables?

My Feedback

Blah™
Hakkaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-28-2018, 11:02 AM   #162

The QuietComfort35II are the best noise cancelling headphones on the market, period.

it's like anything, it's diminishing returns at the high end, you may pay another 15-20% for the Bose product, but it's never sketchy with bluetooth, the app is seemless, and the battery is unmatched.

Same with the Soundlink 2, mine is almost 6 years old, and to this day when i bring it out camping etc. When it's playing people always comment on how good it sounds and its seen HEAVY use for years.

Pay up front to maintain longevity.
Old 09-28-2018, 11:10 AM   #163
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,452 Times in 986 Posts
agreed on the qc35s. i got them for free cause my parents bought a mazda, but i bought qc25s before that and gave them to my gf. they're both excellent headphones mainly because of their build quality, design, and noise cancelling. if you want to listen to music in your chair with your eyes closed and a joint in your hand, then maybe get some nice sennheisers, but for using on planes, at loud coffee shops, while commuting, etc... they're really nice to have.
unit is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2018, 01:56 PM   #164
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,746 Times in 1,179 Posts
Quote:
The QuietComfort35II are the best noise cancelling headphones on the market, period.

it's like anything, it's diminishing returns at the high end, you may pay another 15-20% for the Bose product, but it's never sketchy with bluetooth, the app is seemless, and the battery is unmatched.

Same with the Soundlink 2, mine is almost 6 years old, and to this day when i bring it out camping etc. When it's playing people always comment on how good it sounds and its seen HEAVY use for years.

You should try the Sony 1000XM3. After my QC35 broke, I went with the 1000XM2 and never looked back. I tried the XM3 that my brother got after my recommendation of the XM2, it basically got rid of any complaint I had (cushion and quick charge time) with the XM2.

At the same price, the XM3 is miles ahead of the QC35II, at least for a frequent airjetter like me.
Old 09-28-2018, 02:06 PM   #165

#beautygate

Old 09-28-2018, 02:32 PM   #166
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:

No need to be defensive. I'm asking if you bought Monster cables before, not looking for a sales pitch for Bose.

I'm genuinely curious, because I would love to hear a spin on why you went with Monster (if you did), because I really admire the way you justified spending $50 on a screen protector on a 2 year old iphone

My Feedback

Blah™

Last edited by Hakkaboy; 09-28-2018 at 02:55 PM.
Hakkaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 06:47 PM   #167

I pay for convenience.

I just got a brand new screen on my phone, I’m in metro, I can get it done there and I know it’s perfect. This isn’t a matter of ordering off amazon to save $30 and have it on crooked with bubbles. I get it done there and then and don’t have to think about it.
Old 09-28-2018, 07:15 PM   #168
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,802 Times in 3,898 Posts
holy you guys still wouldn't drop that $50 protector thing?

but this video is pretty hilarious

twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 08:20 PM   #169
Bieksa eats bears for breakfast...

Anyone go from the X to an Xs or Xs Max?

Your balls are sensitive things!! They shouldn't be played around with, at least not like that, and you should NOT BE DIPPING THEM IN AFTERSHAVE! Oh my god, I feel sorry for your balls!"

ODC: "Wrong, a roots type blower will produce max boost from 0rpm to redline."

Iceman_19: "A roots makes zero boost at zero rpm, lol"

Ulic Qel-Droma: "haha go google image big black dick. or black cock. i forgot which term i used. it's one of the many."
Iceman_2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 10:09 AM   #170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
You should try the Sony 1000XM3. After my QC35 broke, I went with the 1000XM2 and never looked back. I tried the XM3 that my brother got after my recommendation of the XM2, it basically got rid of any complaint I had (cushion and quick charge time) with the XM2.

At the same price, the XM3 is miles ahead of the QC35II, at least for a frequent airjetter like me.
The reviews are interesting.

I’ve used mine on a few long haul flights already and have been happy. Music seems to block out more ambient noise than a podcast and whatnot but I’m surprised to see the reviews saying the noise cancelling is that much better with the Sony’s. When I’m just out and about walking around I’d say about 98% of the ambient noise is cancelled.

I definitely prefer the appearance of the Bose over the Sony though and most reviews say the Bose are still more comfortable. Will have to check out the Sony’s in store though
Old 09-29-2018, 06:08 PM   #171
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
Anyone having this charging problem?

Old 09-29-2018, 07:03 PM   #172
Media Officer / MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Anyone having this charging problem?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_lRJuQtBmc
Both me and my wife has no issues
Old 09-29-2018, 09:01 PM   #173

Its the most Advanced iPhone Ever.. how can it have any issues!!
Old 09-30-2018, 06:47 AM   #174
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
Update: Readers reporting similar problems on iPads and older iPhones. This gives credence to the idea that it is a software bug with iOS 12.
Old 09-30-2018, 12:38 PM   #175
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,802 Times in 3,898 Posts
weird how it isn't consistent
i'm assuming the charging parts and software are identical across the XS and XS Max tested above

finally played with a XS Max in-person...save your money and just buy a used X
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote