REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 12-23-2019, 02:27 AM   #3876
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
^
the law is changing to include taillights last I read, new cars will come with lit tails when DRLs are active
Where did you read this?

Just to add depth to the 'DRL' subject, below is the section/subsection regarding DRL word for word from the Motor Vehicle Regulations.
* Section 29 maybe more relative to us

Daytime Running Lamps

(25) Subsections (26) to (30) apply to passenger cars, multi-purpose passenger vehicles, trucks, buses and three-wheeled vehicles.

(26) Every vehicle shall be equipped with daytime running lamps

(a) in accordance with S6.1.3.1 of TSD 108, except that the reference to “applicable photometric requirements” in that provision is a reference to the applicable photometric requirements set out in SAE Standard J2087, Daytime Running Light (August 2017) (SAE Standard J2087);

(b) in accordance with S6.2 of TSD 108, except that the references in that provision to “lighting equipment required by this TSD” and to “required lamp” include a reference to “daytime running lamp”; and

(c) that conform to

(i) sections 5, 6 and 7.3.1 of SAE Standard J2087, except that despite section 6.1.2, if a daytime running lamp is optically combined with a white front position lamp that has a projected luminous lens area of 200 cm2 or less, it may conform to the light intensity distribution values shown in figure 1 when tested in accordance with section 5.1, or

(ii) until September 1, 2020, SAE Standard J583, Front Fog Lamps (September 2016) (SAE Standard J583).

(27) Despite section 6.4 of SAE Standard J2087, the light from a daytime running lamp shall be

(a) if the lamp is optically combined with a parking lamp, white or yellow;

(b) if produced by a turn signal lamp, yellow; and

(c) in all other cases, white.

Switching — Daytime Running Lamps

(28) Subject to subsections (29) and (30), the daytime running lamps on a vehicle shall be activated not later than when the vehicle is set in motion under its own power and shall remain activated until the motors or engines used for the vehicle’s propulsion are switched off and as a result the vehicle enters a mode of operation other than “accessory” or “on”.

(29) The daytime running lamps on a vehicle shall

(a) be deactivated while the lower beam headlamps are activated to provide road illumination;

(b) beginning on September 1, 2020, be deactivated while the front fog lamps provide road illumination after being activated by the driver; and

(c) if they also serve as front turn signal lamps,

(i) be deactivated on the side of the vehicle where a turn signal is activated, while that turn signal is activated, and

(ii) be deactivated on both sides of the vehicle while the hazard warning signal is activated.

(30) The daytime running lamps on a vehicle may be

(a) deactivated while the parking brake is applied or the transmission control is in the park or neutral position and the vehicle is not in motion;

(b) deactivated while the headlamps are being flashed for signalling purposes;

(c) switched off manually, in which case they shall reactivate automatically, at the discretion of the manufacturer, either not later than when the vehicle travels more than 100 m or when the speed of the vehicle exceeds 10 km/h; and

(d) wired to flash for signalling purposes.
Advertisement
Kev-o is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-23-2019, 02:36 AM   #3877

Nothing feels better than to use law against law enforcers (in other words, scam the scammers).
How do we do that? By understanding what they do, how to do it and guidelines they follow.
I'm not sure Cain's title is or where he stands (maybe someone here knows) but I think he falls under something like this and if there has been a breech, things can get interesting yes?

https://www.tc.gc.ca/en/services/roa...#jurisdictions

Regulatory Enforcement Inspectors

Inspectors are designated by the Minister and carry a certificate of designation and a badge, which they must produce upon request. They have the most frequent and regular contact with entities regulated by the Motor Vehicle Safety Act. Their role is to:

promote compliance with the Motor Vehicle Safety Act by providing information on the regulations and safety standards (such as to clarify the requirements within a specific standard or test procedure). Verify compliance with the regulations by conducting selective (risk-informed) programs of inspections and testing of vehicles, tires and equipment used in the restraint of children and disabled persons;
conduct audits and reviews of companies’ self-certification documents and other relevant records;
ensure that companies are meeting their statutory and regulatory obligations in the event of a safety-related defect or a non-compliance;
take action to prevent non-complying vehicles or equipment with safety deficiencies from entering the market;
use prescribed risk assessment methodologies and a graduated approach to guide enforcement responses related to non-compliances with the Act or Regulations;
conduct administrative or penal investigations to obtain evidence, assemble requisite documentation and make recommendations as appropriate;
prepare documentation and reports recommending that the Minister, by order, require a company to give notice of non-compliance in the manner specified in the order; and
prepare a case report to recommend prosecution to the Public Prosecution Service of Canada (PPSC), if the company fails to give notice of non-compliance, pursuant to Section 10.1; assist the PPSC in the preparation of court proceedings; and, appear as witnesses during those proceedings.

Inspectors do not act as consultants to importers, Canadian or foreign manufacturers concerning the self-certification requirements of the Motor Vehicle Safety Act, and do not provide product-specific advice beyond their audit and enforcement function or role.

An inspector may not be compelled to give testimony in any civil suit, with regard to information obtained by them in the discharge of their duties, without the Minister’s written permission.
Defect Investigators

Certain inspectors specialize in the documentation of public complaints and in the administrative defect investigation of alleged safety-related defects. Their role is to:

document public complaints and gather information from various sources concerning potential safety-related defects associated with the design, construction or functioning of regulated vehicles or equipment;
inform companies about the complaints and the results of their administrative defect investigation;
ensure that companies issue a Notice of Defect, in accordance with the procedures established by regulations, when a safety-related defect is confirmed;
proceed with an administrative investigation to determine whether the company was aware of the defect and failed to act within the time required;
prepare documentation and reports recommending that the Minister, by order, require a company to give notice of a defect in the manner specified in the order; and
prepare a case report to recommend prosecution to the Public Prosecution Service of Canada (PPSC) if the company fails to notice of defect, pursuant to Section 10, and/or is found to not have acted in the time required; assist the PPSC in preparing for court proceedings; and, appear as witnesses during those proceedings.

Inspectors do not intervene or negotiate with companies on behalf of individual consumers with respect to service, warranties or other disputes.

An inspector may not be compelled to give testimony in any civil suit, with regard to information obtained by them in the discharge of their duties, without the Minister’s written permission.
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-23-2019, 02:44 AM   #3878

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
Depends on the ticket, but sounds cheaper than trying to find stock suspension, stock engine/trans mounts, stock headers/cats/o2 sensors etc. Also my rear fenders are cut, cause you can't roll these. So I'm not sure how that's going to work.

Tho I'd be interested to know if my BMW Performance intake would pass a VI.
Just the thought of it makes your heart skip a beat doesn't it?
Imagine tomorrow you were given a Notice and Order.
The experience is subjective and circumstantial but just imagine the worse time for it to happen and your basic needs for survival becomes affected.
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-23-2019, 08:02 AM   #3879
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,454 Times in 5,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev-o View Post
Where did you read this?
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4279458
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 07:24 PM   #3880
Need to Seek Professional Help

I can't figure out how to post my screen shot. But if anyone here is on vcc, dealership range Rover with d plates got a box 2. It's been a billion years since I've posted pics on rs. Someone help me out? Lol
LengJai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 07:28 PM   #3881
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20191223_202139_com.facebook.katana.jpg (180.5 KB, 0 views)
Nvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 08:18 PM   #3882
Need to Seek Professional Help

Good lord I'm old and useless. I can't figure it out. It keeps saying file failed to upload. I'll keep trying lol
LengJai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 01:32 AM   #3883
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,192 Times in 481 Posts
I heard that that dealership plans to get a lawyer involved. Anyone know if that's true? The lawyer would probably be hired to just get the ticket ripped up, but perhaps the community can help the law firm with information to further help the vi situation as a whole.
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 06:59 AM   #3884
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,738 Times in 956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM_DC5 View Post
I heard that that dealership plans to get a lawyer involved. Anyone know if that's true? The lawyer would probably be hired to just get the ticket ripped up, but perhaps the community can help the law firm with information to further help the vi situation as a whole.
Why would a lawyer retained by the dealership help you? There is no payout. The dealership is paying the lawyer, not you.

That's like asking your neighbour's house painter to paint your house too, for free.
trollface is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-24-2019, 07:02 AM   #3885
Performance Moderator

Ticket will get torn up anyway, D plates are exempt from inspections
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-24-2019, 08:24 AM   #3886
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Won't be the first time a VI gets tossed anyway.
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 09:04 AM   #3887

Quote:
This is a perfect example of how cain and his goons know next to nothing about traffic safety or enforcement.
spyker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 09:13 AM   #3888

Quote:
you think it hurts my feelings when you mark my post as fails?
grow up
Old 12-24-2019, 09:14 AM   #3889
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
The biggest mistake they made was letting the speedometer light up when your headlights aren't on. In my old Prelude it was very obvious your lights weren't on because everything in the car was pitch black. Most people just assume with today's cars that their lights come on automatically.
The car I regularly drive has auto on/off headlights.

Whenever I get into my van though, I will forget to turn on the lights, but because the dash doesn't light up when I turn on the car, I am reminded to turn it on once I look down at my dash cause it's all dark.

My brother in law used my van to drive me to the airport once. He didn't turn on the lights till I told him to cause his van has the auto on/off headlights.

I saw one Civic just yesterday who didn't have DRLs and didn't have his lights on. Multiple people high beamed him but still drove on like nothing was wrong.

Most cars I see that don't have their headlights on are ones where the dash lights up once you turn on the car, but there are some people who are just oblivious and obviously never look down to see their speed, nor do they ever adjust their radio I guess.
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 11:17 AM   #3890
Need my Daily Fix of RS

i got a 650$ " coupon" as the police officer called it for driving on a D plate at 10pm at night. Driving with no valid insurance. He thought i was not allowed to drive at night since i'm not on a test drive. Disputed it and never got a court date as it was obviously dismissed after he checked the rules. i got a "break" for not towing my car - His words.
dorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 12:20 PM   #3891
Performance Moderator

Quote:
grow up
I failed 2 of them cuz they were long and pointless and deserved it and the 3rd one cuz you said a car is a basic life necessity which is ignorant and stupid.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-24-2019, 01:10 PM   #3892
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,532 Times in 1,519 Posts
Quote:
Just the thought of it makes your heart skip a beat doesn't it?
Imagine tomorrow you were given a Notice and Order.
The experience is subjective and circumstantial but just imagine the worse time for it to happen and your basic needs for survival becomes affected.
I know what you're saying and I understand the gravity of the situation. I'm the OP of this whole thread for fucks sake. You're not adding any value with your posts, which is why you're being failed. You're repeating information that has already been discussed. Further, while getting a VI means financial impacts and in your case, "basic needs for survival" (you said you use it for delivery), you just sound dramatic at this point.
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-24-2019, 01:34 PM   #3893
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 3,177 Times in 621 Posts
Quote:
I know what you're saying and I understand the gravity of the situation. I'm the OP of this whole thread for fucks sake. You're not adding any value with your posts, which is why you're being failed. You're repeating information that has already been discussed. Further, while getting a VI means financial impacts and in your case, "basic needs for survival" (you said you use it for delivery), you just sound dramatic at this point.
Trolls will be trolls. Just stop replying to his posts and he'll stop commenting at one point or another. Hopefully...

-2018 BMW F30 340i M Performance Edition - Current
-2016 BMW F32 435i MPPK - Traded
-2011 BMW E92 335i - SOLD
-2009 Chrysler Sebring Convertible - SOLD
xXSupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 10:42 PM   #3894
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvasion View Post
Do we know its a VI or just an excessive noise ticket lol?
E90M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-26-2019, 10:23 PM   #3895

Quote:
this will be my last post.
no hard feelings but i want you and everyone else to know that it was a mistake to turn your back on me.
If i wasn't this strong, id probably would have seriously considered suicide.

next time be more diligent in brushing off victims.
less is more so ill stop here.

delete my account there is no reason to keep it. thx
Old 12-27-2019, 12:30 AM   #3896
Performance Moderator

Holy drama llama, suicide over a VI. Okay.

Get some professional help buddy, this is not the place for this.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-27-2019, 06:58 AM   #3897
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Lol

Sorry, that was insensitive.
Old 12-27-2019, 08:12 AM   #3898
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,815 Times in 3,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorian View Post
i got a 650$ " coupon" as the police officer called it for driving on a D plate at 10pm at night. Driving with no valid insurance. He thought i was not allowed to drive at night since i'm not on a test drive. Disputed it and never got a court date as it was obviously dismissed after he checked the rules. i got a "break" for not towing my car - His words.
I got pulled over for the same thing.

Didnt get the ticket. then I was asked if i was valid to operate it Absolutely, I work there, here's my business card. let me know when you need a BMW officer.

13' Nissan DBA-R35 GT-R Black Ed - Black met. - "Sophia"

00' Acura 1.6EL - // Power of dreams Project - "Unity"

02' Nissan M35 Stagea - "Wynn"

91' Honda EF Civic CX - "Xander"

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 08:32 AM   #3899
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringTeg View Post
Was that Cain that came to Victoria and instigated the Friday Night scare session with multiple police?

(The meet still known as Revscene despite island millenials not knowing this forum exists.)
Well, I really hope there is still a meet to go to when I come back to Victoria.

Quote:
grow up
Judging from this post, it clearly did hurt your feelings...

Everyone gets failed here and there. Just get used to it.

I agree with 68 in that you might want some professional help. Seems like there is a problem with you that goes beyond the VI.
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 11:22 AM   #3900
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
Well, I really hope there is still a meet to go to when I come back to Victoria.

Judging from this post, it clearly did hurt your feelings...

Everyone gets failed here and there. Just get used to it.

I agree with 68 in that you might want some professional help. Seems like there is a problem with you that goes beyond the VI.
interesting that his account shows as 1100 post and been a member of RS since 2004 yet his posts look like that of someone in their teens/early 20's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: