REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-25-2020, 04:32 PM   #4151
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
I submitted an FOI request to the VPD in early January, and the info I asked for came back today. So here are the statistics on the number of VIs -- or more formally, Notice & Order -- that the VPD has issued in 2019 (and 2018). The 2018 stats are gleaned from the CTV news report that came out last year. I am simply including them here for comparison purposes:

2018 total: 758
2019 total: 1544

The 2019 numbers are actually a touch lower than I was expecting, but there is no question that the VPD has started cracking down hard on VIs since Sept 2018, and is continuing with it to this date.
I'd be interested to see the previous 5 years, going back to at least 2015, if not earlier like 2012. I remember not too long ago when you could go for a nice cruise thru Vancouver and not worry about getting a VI. It only seems like the last few years things got really bad.
Advertisement
J.Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 04:54 PM   #4152
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Seems like just today... there's a lot more VI activity happening than usual...
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 06:04 PM   #4153
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,438 Times in 5,110 Posts
Cain went on holidays September and October of 2019? Or that was when he was working out in Langley?
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 06:22 PM   #4154
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,299 Times in 2,511 Posts
I have asked for officer-specific information related to VI before in the past, and the request was denied on the grounds of it being personal information and/or information specific to police operations. So that made me think, unless I was a first party person involved in a specific police incident, and I am requesting officer-specific information specific on that incident, the FOI request is not going to go through.

Submitting FOI request to the VPD is not difficult. The procedure is described in here:

https://vancouver.ca/police/organiza...n-privacy.html

You basically fill out an FOI request form, describe the info that you are looking to obtain, and send it off to the VPD FOI email address. The page also discusses the type of info that will not be provided.

As I have already submitted an FOI request, I think it would not be good for me to submit another request, lest they deem me as someone trying to abuse the process, and bar me from future requests. If anyone else would like to submit some sort of request to seek the information they are looking for, I'd encourage you to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupelove View Post
Holy shit, the boys been putting in work all year. Thanks for doing the request!! I wonder how difficult it would be to get the data broken down, box 1 vs 2, issuing officer, vehicle information, letc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Bell View Post
I'd be interested to see the previous 5 years, going back to at least 2015, if not earlier like 2012. I remember not too long ago when you could go for a nice cruise thru Vancouver and not worry about getting a VI. It only seems like the last few years things got really bad.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-25-2020, 07:05 PM   #4155
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Cain was at market crossing in Burnaby last night, looks like the people who have the little car meets occasionally aren’t safe either there
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 07:52 PM   #4156
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
I get VI's are provincial jurisdiction, but isn't he getting out of his lane by working outside his municipality?

Rhetorical question, I know he doesn't give a fuck because he's got small man syndrome.
Old 02-25-2020, 09:02 PM   #4157
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,192 Times in 481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneringArtist View Post
I get VI's are provincial jurisdiction, but isn't he getting out of his lane by working outside his municipality?

Rhetorical question, I know he doesn't give a fuck because he's got small man syndrome.
Vancouver residents should start sending in complaints to keep vpd in Vancouver only
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-25-2020, 09:17 PM   #4158
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
So here is a recent development on the VI issue:

https://www.facebook.com/pcacanadawe...type=3&theater
The owner of that 911 Targa came by Porsche Vancouver Monday morning to have the car inspected for his stock exhaust. Apparently, the officer that ticketed him is now under investigation for abuse of power.

Not sure how much affect it will have on this whole fiasco, however.
jk6221 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-25-2020, 09:50 PM   #4159
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSALES View Post
Cain was at market crossing in Burnaby last night, looks like the people who have the little car meets occasionally aren’t safe either there
LETS HAVE A STOCK CAR MEET AT MARKET CROSSING

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 10:01 PM   #4160

Thanked 4,532 Times in 1,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
No cain do:

Source: That fb page that is essentially what this whole thread was supposed to be for
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-25-2020, 10:29 PM   #4161
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,384 Times in 3,466 Posts
Old 02-25-2020, 11:10 PM   #4162
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk6221 View Post
The owner of that 911 Targa came by Porsche Vancouver Monday morning to have the car inspected for his stock exhaust. Apparently, the officer that ticketed him is now under investigation for abuse of power.

Not sure how much affect it will have on this whole fiasco, however.
If it's Cain or Christensen investigating him, doubt anything will come out of it. Lol He'll probably get a pat on his back instead...
DaJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 11:17 PM   #4163
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,438 Times in 5,110 Posts
Listening to Cain try to sound like he knows what he's talking about could give a person cancer... what a waste of air
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 11:23 PM   #4164
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
If that who Derek Cain is, I’d say he’s being polite, and explaining the situation in an appropriate manor. He also is absolutely correct about certified and engineered parts and 99% of what we buy says “for off-road use only”.

I think it’s only fair that if evidence comes up of him not being a total cuck, we acknowledge it
Old 02-25-2020, 11:26 PM   #4165

Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,253 Posts
https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/...on-sched6.html

https://wenku.baidu.com/view/6920a92...fcd220e06.html

Everyone mail a paper copy to Cain

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you

Last edited by yray; 02-25-2020 at 11:35 PM.
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 11:37 PM   #4166
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,299 Times in 2,511 Posts
It just occurred to me that the CTV News article from March 2019 included the annual VI statistics dating from 2013 - 2018:

2013 total -- 560 VIs
2014 total -- 605 VIs
2015 total -- 463 VIs
2016 total -- 476 VIs
2017 total -- 674 VIs
2018 total -- 1050 VIs <-- ??? do not match the sum from the 2018 monthly numbers

Again, the CTV news article can be found here:

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/sports-car-ent...lice-1.4331471

I dunno why the 2018 annual figure does not match with the sum of the 2018 monthly figures when they both came from the same CTV news article. IMO, the most likely reason is, these were the numbers that were provided to CTV News by the VPD.

Quote:
I submitted an FOI request to the VPD in early January, and the info I asked for came back today. So here are the statistics on the number of VIs -- or more formally, Notice & Order -- that the VPD has issued in 2019 (and 2018). The 2018 stats are gleaned from the CTV news report that came out last year. I am simply including them here for comparison purposes:

2018 total: 758
2019 total: 1544

The 2019 numbers are actually a touch lower than I was expecting, but there is no question that the VPD has started cracking down hard on VIs since Sept 2018, and is continuing with it to this date.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 11:41 PM   #4167
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
drive an EV keep it stock /thread
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-25-2020, 11:42 PM   #4168
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
If that who Derek Cain is, I’d say he’s being polite, and explaining the situation in an appropriate manor. He also is absolutely correct about certified and engineered parts and 99% of what we buy says “for off-road use only”.

I think it’s only fair that if evidence comes up of him not being a total cuck, we acknowledge it
That's the thing.. my noise ticket wasnt from cain but the officer was calm and I was cool with him. I figured it was most likely a misunderstanding (I was half right) but got the ticket anyway. In the video Cain is correct about buying "track use" or "offroad use" only products which is absolutely fair, but what does that mean for people with unmodified cars from factory? If these cars are actually illegal to drive in certain modes without any modification then why are they allowed to sell them in the first place? It's like selling somebody a gun and saying "Ok, you're allowed to have this - don't use this though!" I actually configured my car on the Audi website and checked to see if I could find any disclaimers or anything when adding the sport exhaust to it and there was nothing.
Snip3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 11:44 PM   #4169
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post

Just because he’s being polite doesn’t mean he’s knowledgeable or correct.

I’m referring to the part where he mentions m performance, AMG, etc as not being legal.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2020, 02:37 AM   #4170
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,064 Times in 555 Posts
To car salesmen out there, I wonder has anyone tried to work the VI into a deal?

I mean if I was getting a Porsche, M, AMG, RS.... of sorts... I would try and add a line to the sales contract "free VI if car stays unmodified, exactly as delivered" with free courtesy car just as a piece of mind.... the time and hassle of getting your stock car thru the VI however.... will be lost forever ....

AE101 Rolla 96' //Sold
RPS13 240SX 90' //STOLEN
RMS13 240SX 91' //Scrapped
RHS13 240SX 90' //Scrapped
S35 Rogue 12' //Gifted to Parents
GD 6MT Elantra 13' //Sold
CZ4A 5MT GSR Evo 08' // Totalled
Ioniq DCT 19' //Traded in
NA MX-5 5MT 97' // Sold
Prius Prime 21' //Traded in
Tesla Model 3 RWD DD
GSX-R 600 K5' Mental Therapy
Prius Prime 24' New Kids Carrier
dark0821 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 04:22 AM   #4171
I don't get it

I truly hope the thing with Porsche Club happens, and CVSE is involved to some extent. I suspect little will change though as this is clearly not a problem with the lack of information. For this to end we need oversight and demand for accountability from the higher ups.

Since the beginning I have stated this situation will not just blow over. In fact, things will likely get worse before they get better. Below is an example of how something like this plays out.

A loophole is exploited by certain officers to show their superiors they are working their rear ends off making this world a better place one illegitimate inspection at a time. It is a numbers game, and this rapid growth is obviously not sustainable and brings its own problems like it does in any other business. The optimistic numbers need to at least be maintained if they do not reflect continued growth, and they are running out of legally modified cars on the road to go after. Now they target people with unmodified toys who, when treated unfairly, will not likely receive sympathy from the general public anyway. They will tell them to take it up with the manufacturers of their toys, who will not do a damn thing because their cars are certified by the country's governing body to be road worthy. But hey just because the car can be legally sold and operated in the country does not mean the same applies in this city.

Again, I recognize that there are lot of good officers who rightfully take pride in what they do everyday, and some cars absolutely should be removed from our roads. I can imagine how frustrating it can be for the hard working officers in the unit who just want to do the right thing but are constantly judged against the inflated numbers of their peers.

Sigh...

/rant
JL9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 05:05 AM   #4172
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,623 Times in 577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneringArtist View Post
The bc police act gives him and all municipal police officers jurisdiction throughout the province.

He can enforce wherever he wants as long as its in b.c.
T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 05:52 AM   #4173
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
Sounds like a VI Meat Market to me.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 05:55 AM   #4174
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
No cain do:

Source: That fb page that is essentially what this whole thread was supposed to be for
A VI is not a tool for punishment, it's to ensure the safety of the public. This is a great example of how they are abusing the system.
Dbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 07:34 AM   #4175
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Double post
91civicZC is offline   Reply With Quote