REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-09-2020, 06:23 PM   #4401
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,803 Times in 3,899 Posts
basically any major intersection in east vancouver on a nice day

knight st from 33rd until bridge...boundary's southern slope...marine dr at kerr
Advertisement
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 08:28 PM   #4402
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,182 Times in 478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
RIP Cst. Jimmy Ng.

I can understand the VI blitz back then. Street racing was at an all time high. He was not the only innocent life to be taken by something so senseless and meaningless. They had to respond to show that that was NOT ok.

The difference today? The same blitz is happening because of an (alleged) kid mouthing off a traffic officer.
What year did the kid get the vi? Curious when it happened relative to the start of the Noisy Muffler campaign
SSM_DC5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 08:48 PM   #4403
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,530 Times in 1,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM_DC5 View Post
What year did the kid get the vi? Curious when it happened relative to the start of the Noisy Muffler campaign
Well post #1 was made in late Sept 2018, so probably a couple weeks prior to that.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-09-2020, 09:27 PM   #4404
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM_DC5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
Well post #1 was made in late Sept 2018, so probably a couple weeks prior to that.

Yeah, I think it was around the beginning of September
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-09-2020, 09:32 PM   #4405
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
So I'm pretty sure I saw baldguy1363 on Kingsway earlier today (around 2pm) writing a ticket. He had a normal car pulled so not a VI. Few blocks down I saw an undercover black F150 with a newer X5 pulled over, the cop had a "traffic cop" vest on.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 10:14 PM   #4406
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
RIP Cst. Jimmy Ng.

I can understand the VI blitz back then. Street racing was at an all time high. He was not the only innocent life to be taken by something so senseless and meaningless. They had to respond to show that that was NOT ok.

The difference today? The same blitz is happening because of an (alleged) kid mouthing off a traffic officer.
It isn’t just one story. I know of another “kid” that mouthed them off and flipped them the bird over VI on his car. We hear lots of the bad stories against the police but their is always the other side from the police we don’t hear.
VR6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-09-2020, 10:25 PM   #4407
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 3,177 Times in 621 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR6GTI View Post
It isn’t just one story. I know of another “kid” that mouthed them off and flipped them the bird over VI on his car. We hear lots of the bad stories against the police but their is always the other side from the police we don’t hear.
If they can't take some mouthing off without going on a power trip, they are not fit to be police officers. Not saying that I support the mouthing off part, but as police officers, they are trained to look past that.

I work closely with a team of employees in retail customer service. You'd be surprised at the amount of customers mouthing us off for basically no reason. We are trained to not let that affect us, continue on with our jobs, and not hold a vendetta against the other innocent customers.

-2018 BMW F30 340i M Performance Edition - Current
-2016 BMW F32 435i MPPK - Traded
-2011 BMW E92 335i - SOLD
-2009 Chrysler Sebring Convertible - SOLD
xXSupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 05:16 AM   #4408

Thanked 1,182 Times in 478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSALES View Post
Yeah, I think it was around the beginning of September
Thanks. Looking back at graphs from CTV news and traum's, 2017 already started seeing an increase in N&O's, but in Sept 2018, the numbers doubled from the previous month.
SSM_DC5 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-10-2020, 09:53 AM   #4409
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSupa View Post
If they can't take some mouthing off without going on a power trip, they are not fit to be police officers. Not saying that I support the mouthing off part, but as police officers, they are trained to look past that.

I work closely with a team of employees in retail customer service. You'd be surprised at the amount of customers mouthing us off for basically no reason. We are trained to not let that affect us, continue on with our jobs, and not hold a vendetta against the other innocent customers.
If I recalled correctly, he doxed the officer and released it to social media.
KDMofo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-10-2020, 10:12 AM   #4410
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,906 Times in 3,869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSupa View Post
Doxxing and harassing someone is completely different from mouthing off at the roadside though.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 10:19 AM   #4411
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 3,177 Times in 621 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Doxxing and harassing someone is completely different from mouthing off at the roadside though.
I never said they were the same. My comment was replying to VR6GTI's comment on mouthing off and flipping the bird.

-2018 BMW F30 340i M Performance Edition - Current
-2016 BMW F32 435i MPPK - Traded
-2011 BMW E92 335i - SOLD
-2009 Chrysler Sebring Convertible - SOLD
xXSupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 01:16 PM   #4412

Thanked 8,906 Times in 3,869 Posts
My mistake, I thought by "they" you were referring to the VI blitz comment VR6GTI was replying to. My point still stands, though as a reply to SkunkWorks.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2020, 07:43 AM   #4413
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,398 Times in 5,090 Posts
This was posted on the Facebook Alliance page by one of the mods, I think it's a very practical and orderly guide to use if you are pulled and subjected to some of these "testing procedures" maybe even print them out to keep in your car.

---

This is my suggestion ONLY and does not constitute legal advice, but getting this information if you are stopped will likely help you fight 'noisy exhaust' tickets and filing a complaint if you choose to do so. I take no responsibility for what happens, but I believe these are reasonable things to ask.

Be friendly and film the interaction!!! And please fill out the form in the announcements section of this group if you do get a ticket and/or notice and order for an inspection.

Ask him what you are being pulled over for? If you are being pulled over for a loud exhaust, ask:
- What is the legal limit for exhaust noise?
- Were you doing something to cause unnecessary noise or are you being ticketed simply because of the exhaust you have installed? (it's good if he says it is just the exhaust, because 7A.01 is a driver behavior ticket)

Ask the following questions if they want to measure you:
- Are they using this to determine if you are violating MVA regulations?
- How will they be measuring the exhaust and positioning the microphone?
- State that the MVA and Federal regulation limits of 83db (if that’s what they quoted in response to 3.a.) is based on international regulations SAE J986 which is a measurement taken 15m from a vehicle in motion at 3/4 load. Why are they using a standard and procedure that isn’t in the BC MVA or federal guidelines for passenger vehicles? The procedure they are describing is for motorcycles or under a completely different standard (ISO 5130, not used in BC or Canada)
- Where are they getting the benchmark values for their test since it’s different from BC MVA and Federal standards?

If they are asking you to perform the test, state that if you do so, you would be violating MVA regulation 7A.01 because you would be causing unnecessary noise by revving your engine while stopped. You don’t want to break the law, but they are free to conduct the test themselves. (Note: the reason you want them to conduct the test is because it’s not valid anyways, and you can film them)

If you are getting an N&O, ask him what vehicle defect he is suspecting you of having and why he suspects it?

If you are getting an N&O with a dealership written on it, ask:
- What happens when none of the dealerships in the GVRD have vehicle inspectors according to the government, any authorized facility can perform inspections. Why is he directing you to a dealership?
- What is he basing suspicion of an equipment violation on and why is he issuing you a Box 2?
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2020, 02:06 PM   #4414
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Notice and Order from 2019, taken from the automotive alliance fb group

JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2020, 03:53 PM   #4415
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
This was posted on the Facebook Alliance page by one of the mods, I think it's a very practical and orderly guide to use if you are pulled and subjected to some of these "testing procedures" maybe even print them out to keep in your car.

---

This is my suggestion ONLY and does not constitute legal advice, but getting this information if you are stopped will likely help you fight 'noisy exhaust' tickets and filing a complaint if you choose to do so. I take no responsibility for what happens, but I believe these are reasonable things to ask.

Be friendly and film the interaction!!! And please fill out the form in the announcements section of this group if you do get a ticket and/or notice and order for an inspection.

Ask him what you are being pulled over for? If you are being pulled over for a loud exhaust, ask:
- What is the legal limit for exhaust noise?
- Were you doing something to cause unnecessary noise or are you being ticketed simply because of the exhaust you have installed? (it's good if he says it is just the exhaust, because 7A.01 is a driver behavior ticket)

Ask the following questions if they want to measure you:
- Are they using this to determine if you are violating MVA regulations?
- How will they be measuring the exhaust and positioning the microphone?
- State that the MVA and Federal regulation limits of 83db (if that’s what they quoted in response to 3.a.) is based on international regulations SAE J986 which is a measurement taken 15m from a vehicle in motion at 3/4 load. Why are they using a standard and procedure that isn’t in the BC MVA or federal guidelines for passenger vehicles? The procedure they are describing is for motorcycles or under a completely different standard (ISO 5130, not used in BC or Canada)
- Where are they getting the benchmark values for their test since it’s different from BC MVA and Federal standards?

If they are asking you to perform the test, state that if you do so, you would be violating MVA regulation 7A.01 because you would be causing unnecessary noise by revving your engine while stopped. You don’t want to break the law, but they are free to conduct the test themselves. (Note: the reason you want them to conduct the test is because it’s not valid anyways, and you can film them)

If you are getting an N&O, ask him what vehicle defect he is suspecting you of having and why he suspects it?

If you are getting an N&O with a dealership written on it, ask:
- What happens when none of the dealerships in the GVRD have vehicle inspectors according to the government, any authorized facility can perform inspections. Why is he directing you to a dealership?
- What is he basing suspicion of an equipment violation on and why is he issuing you a Box 2?
using this = smash window

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...-out-1.3013296
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 04:49 PM   #4416
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I like it.

I'd want to know what the benchmark values are (Federal and BC MVA) before asking that question of the officer.

I wonder if you refused to rev your car for them stating it would cause you to violate 7A.01 would give them the ammo for "AHA! So you know your exhaust is loud!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post

snowfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 06:57 PM   #4417
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,530 Times in 1,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowfarmer View Post
I like it.

I'd want to know what the benchmark values are (Federal and BC MVA) before asking that question of the officer.

I wonder if you refused to rev your car for them stating it would cause you to violate 7A.01 would give them the ammo for "AHA! So you know your exhaust is loud!"
Violation of 7A.01 can be issued to even a Honda Insight, it includes anything from revving, driver behavior causing squealing brakes/screeching tires.

|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 07:45 PM   #4418
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,398 Times in 5,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowfarmer View Post
I like it.

What he’s referring to is that they are saying your car is over 83 decibels by putting a reader 50cm (or closer) to the exit of your exhaust whereas the testing for the vehicle by Transport Canada making it admissible to be sold here was done at 50m away as the vehicle passes by at 3/4 load. They’re applying the provincial standard but then using a technique to collect the data which is only applicable to motorcycles, not cars.

They do not need any ammo, even if you refuse the decibel test they can still give you an unnecessary noise ticket because it’s officer judgement, they do not need to prove it... telling them they can conduct the test if they do it themselves though allows you to be free to video how they do the test.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 08:14 PM   #4419
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I wonder if telling them to do it gives them permission, wasn't there someone else who sated they need a warrant to get in your car and rev the engine? If you invite them in, no warrant needed.

Regardless, all this online navel-gazing is moot, if one gets pulled over by VPD traffic for a VI, some wallet pain is coming.
snowfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 04:20 PM   #4420

Thanked 3,100 Times in 971 Posts
Old 03-14-2020, 05:19 PM   #4421
My homepage has been set to RS

can anyone find the standards he was referencing to in his video? ISO 5130 and SAE J986
FatalCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 06:27 PM   #4422
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalCloud View Post
can anyone find the standards he was referencing to in his video? ISO 5130 and SAE J986
ISO 5130

SAE J986

Only what's publicly available is published, but if you want to read the in-depth details of it, you need to purchase them, unfortunately.
Edit: If you dig a little deeper on other sites, you'll be able to download older versions of the documents, but the changes won't be significant enough to make a real difference to understand the premise of the standards.
Edit #2: If you plan on using the standards to take legal action, I recommend consulting with a lawyer and using the latest version of the standards in your case. I'm not a lawyer, but familiar enough with standards and legalities based on professional experience.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank

Last edited by bcrdukes; 03-14-2020 at 06:36 PM.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-15-2020, 07:25 AM   #4423

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
Website keeping track of VI's with a map and charts. If you get pulled over submit your info.

https://vidb.ca/
Old 03-15-2020, 03:49 PM   #4424
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Earlier today. There shooting an Audi commercial in DT so bunch of traffic cops everywhere, the cop in the video look he was about to signal to pull over but he didn't. After I drove past he was pointing at my car.

Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-15-2020, 09:48 PM   #4425
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Website keeping track of VI's with a map and charts. If you get pulled over submit your info.

https://vidb.ca/
Look at these jokester submissions lol

MaceWindu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: