REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-19-2021, 12:07 PM   #5226
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGN23 View Post
Asked by who? And why?
City hall's accountants who are trying to drum up revenue.
Advertisement
mr00jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 03:16 PM   #5227
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

mr00jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2021, 04:43 PM   #5228
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Seriously, who are these DDE guys trying to fool by blurring out the speedo.
Some parts of it, you can make out where the needle is on the speedo. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to put 2 and 2 together.
As well, there no one in the passenger seat, so who is working the camera while the car is moving? The midget who escaped and is in the back seat?

And such click bait. They barely spent 5 seconds talking about the inspection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2021, 05:27 PM   #5229
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
So guys, for those who live in van, I haven't lived there since 2015. I will be on the coast for 4 days next week, how bad is the VI situation really? Meaning is there a reasonable chance someone driving normally, with a rather loud exhaust, front tint, and no front plates getting yanked, or are we talking about guys driving down robson in 1st gear at 8000rpm getting hassled?

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 05:31 PM   #5230
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,141 Times in 385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dared3vil0 View Post
So guys, for those who live in van, I haven't lived there since 2015. I will be on the coast for 4 days next week, how bad is the VI situation really? Meaning is there a reasonable chance someone driving normally, with a rather loud exhaust, front tint, and no front plates getting yanked, or are we talking about guys driving down robson in 1st gear at 8000rpm getting hassled?
Just send it..!

But really though, it just seems like 70% unfortunate luck/wrong place wrong time and 30% probably driving like an idiot. I’m sure there are lots of people who were driving respectably but the wrong officer spotted them, and I’m sure there are people who say they did nothing wrong but were probably shifting at 5k rpm cause dat exhaust note.

Last edited by TjAlmeida; 06-19-2021 at 05:40 PM.
TjAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2021, 07:39 PM   #5231
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,299 Times in 2,511 Posts
Downtown is a hot spot. Main Street / Terminal / Porsche Center Vancouver area is a hot spot. Viaduct are is a hot spot. Kingsway is a hot spot. And I'm sure there are other places too.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2021, 09:14 PM   #5232
Rs has made me the man i am today!

I would add in Knight St. down towards the bridge to Richmond as well. Always speed trap there.
keifun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 10:32 PM   #5233
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Quote:
Why even risk it. I lived on the water in richmond, I could see Vancouver from my door yet haven’t driven my car there since this thread started
Old 06-20-2021, 12:01 AM   #5234
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 2,496 Times in 555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Downtown is a hot spot. Main Street / Terminal / Porsche Center Vancouver area is a hot spot. Viaduct are is a hot spot. Kingsway is a hot spot. And I'm sure there are other places too.
Also Marine Drive, Victoria Drive, Boundary Rd
8th May 2021 - 30th Sept 2023

'99 SAAB 9-3 (3DR) (5MT) (sold)
'02 SAAB 9-5 Aero (5MT)
27th Sept 2015 - 17th Sept 2017

'03 Corolla (4AT)
2009-2020

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Klondike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 01:49 AM   #5235
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Nowhere is really safe in Vancouver, the last time I think I spotted Cain was on Kerr street and 54th right in front of the fire hall station. Had a lifted jeep Cherokee being towed.
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 09:30 PM   #5236
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,010 Times in 1,890 Posts
Quote:
If you're talking about your own car then that's literally just flagging them down to potentially VI you

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2021, 11:20 PM   #5237
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,192 Times in 481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_ View Post
If you're talking about your own car then that's literally just flagging them down to potentially VI you
He's getting 3 pages of tickets in addition to the VI.
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 03:33 PM   #5238
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
It happens everywhere. Saw a car pulled over on Boundary right after Marine in front of the new Shell gas station.

See it happen on Kingsway and Nanaimo area and on Victoria Dr. But like others have said, it all depends on how lucky you are. I have even seen a Vancouver PD truck pull someone over near Metrotown, presumably for a VI.
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-25-2021, 07:31 PM   #5239
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
UK...
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2021, 06:47 AM   #5240
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
isn't that what their annual MOT is for?
very considerate of them to have low profile ramps
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 10:31 AM   #5241
I don't get it

I really like the MOT. It's public knowledge so when you are buying a car you can see the whole history of it's MOTs. It's not just a pass/fail but a check list with warnings etc. It's a great way to see if a car is neglected over its life.

It's once a year, and it's done by private mechanics so when you get to know them it's not that difficult to get them to overlook a decat etc. on a car like that. If it's a safety issue (rust, crash damage, etc.) then no way.

Here's an example of the Lotus I bought. Just one of the entries but it helped me understand the owner a little:

Mileage 50,373 miles
MOT test number 2413 7804 6766
Test location
View test location
Reason(s) for failure

Windscreen washer provides insufficient washer liquid (8.2.3)
Nearside Front Shock absorber has a serious fluid leak (2.7.3)
Front registration plate character(s) incorrectly spaced (6.3.4a)
Rear registration plate character(s) incorrectly spaced (6.3.4a)

Advisory notice item(s)

Nearside Rear Tyre worn close to the legal limit (4.1.E.1)
Offside Rear Tyre worn close to the legal limit (4.1.E.1)
Nearside Rear Nail in tyre ()

I love the notes about the license plate. He had two sets, one with the right spacing, and another with it spaced incorrectly so it appeared to spell a word.

He forgot to swap them over before the MOT a few times so he has a couple failures on the plate.
Dbone is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-30-2021, 11:51 AM   #5242
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,253 Posts
In the UK, u get plates printed instead of gov't issued

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 09:42 PM   #5243

Apparently from almost a week ago!

My first sentiments were -- yeah, Christensen, I'm counting the days until you retire too...

Full story at:

https://www.straight.com/news/vancou...s-plaudits-and
This post thanked by:
Old 07-08-2021, 10:20 PM   #5244
RS controls my life!

Thanked 2,003 Times in 216 Posts
34 years as a Traffic Cop...? ... just wow. I give my staff a hard time if they are stuck at the same position for years.
prelude_prince is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-08-2021, 11:05 PM   #5245
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
He would of started in general duty then transferred to traffic unit. You dont start in traffic out of the academy.

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 12:22 AM   #5246
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,601 Times in 543 Posts
Thought Stewart was the reason they started cracking down on exhausts in the first place?
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 07:57 AM   #5247
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,438 Times in 5,110 Posts
Unfortunately he's still got an entire year left to fuck around with us. 35 is their pension max.

358 days left in case you need help with your math Mr. Christensen lol
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 08:08 AM   #5248

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Unfortunately he's still got an entire year left to fuck around with us. 35 is their pension max.
That's what I thought at first as well. But then I remember police and fire fighters are under special pension category where they accumulate 3% pension per year of service instead of the usual 2% for Municipal Pension Plan members. So he doesn't need to work 35 years to achieve the maximum 70% pension ceiling -- he would have met that pension ceiling after 23+ years of service.
Old 07-09-2021, 09:54 AM   #5249
JSS
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

I feel like making a twitter account and asking him how it feels to have hidden behind a radar gun like a little bitch for the majority of his career while his brothers and sisters in blue are out there attending actual priority one calls and putting their lives on the line. I wont because Im an adult, but it's so tempting.

I know that a traffic cop's one and only duty is traffic, which is fine, you do the job that you're assigned to. But maybe try doing something a little more aspiring with your career and transfer out eventually instead of just coasting until retirement. IMO, if you cant transfer out, your superiors pretty much think you're a piece of shit which speaks volumes for you as a human being. Based off what ive seen with the vpd traffic department, i dont doubt guys like Christensen and Cain are stuck there because nobody within the vpd likes them.
I would personally be embarrassed boasting to my friends and family that i was a traffic cop my entire career.

Do these traffic guys feel like big men when one of their co-workers literally got stabbed in the stomach by a meth head trying to rescue an abducted child last week?
The fact traffic cops even get a service gun is a joke in itself, a ticket book and pepper spray should suffice.

Christensen is an embarrassment to police officers everywhere. His little minion Cain isnt too far behind him, still has time to turn his career around but his small man complex wont allow that.

Much love to the members out there risking their lives for us every shift, we all appreciate you... Christensen and Cain can eat shit.

Sorry about the rant, but after 3 years this is super frusterating. I hope to god these pricks read this because I dont even care to be polite anymore.
JSS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-09-2021, 10:48 AM   #5250
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
I won't dive into the work aspect of Christensen as everyone has their own choices on the career they choose. There are many people that just rather stick to a regular employee job and don't want to be managers etc. Each has their own lifestyle, some prefer 8-5 gig and go home to spend with their family, rather than be a manager/VP where they can work stupid hours and barely see their family. Each to their own.

What pisses me off is how he is bitching about lack of support. You are paid 6 digit salary, with many folks laid off during Covid/reduce business income, and here you are whining on social media. If I were paid 6 digits, I wouldn't give a damn fuck if our useless mayor was supporting me or not. The image of the VPD has gone to the shitters now when you have your own men being a whiny bitch. What you say affects not just yourself, but also the entire organization. Clearly this guy has no brain....
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: