REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-05-2019, 05:32 PM   #1426
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,994 Times in 1,694 Posts
https://www.facebook.com/reggieatfou...1810892535455/

reggie.mah posted this on his facebook.
Click if you want to learn about exhaust systems and catalytic converters.

This cancer is really going to spread..
Advertisement
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2019, 05:41 PM   #1427
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
I am going to guess it is the VPD having a training session on Reggie's S15 exhaust

1998 Acura Integra Type R #0635
2017 Honda Civic Type R #01818
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 05:58 PM   #1428
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Lancer pulled over on Kingsway today. It looked modified a little but didnt look lowered. Dont know if it was a VI stop or for something else. Seems like the same unmarked VPD SUV that I saw the other day that stopped a modded FR-S.
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 06:00 PM   #1429
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 8,814 Times in 3,176 Posts
i must have lucked out today. I took the mazy right past marine and Elliot but i didn't run into the po po.
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 06:23 PM   #1430
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
I haven’t driven into Vancouver (from richmond) since October. That city has nothing to offer me, and clearly doesn’t want me
I've been fine in Richmond with a side plate mount and custom plate for attention grabbing. Carbon fibre lip spoiler from factory is probably the only thing that sticks out, the car is bone stock.
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 06:32 PM   #1431
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
Looks like two other vehicles today, an 8th Gen Civic and a is300 SportCross on Kingsway.

verified both vehicles got an VI
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2019, 06:43 PM   #1432
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
If there's no progress with any sort of anti-movement, I'm actually kind of hoping something like this happens.

At the moment, it feels like the VPD are just taking pot-shots. We can't gather any solid evidence... Dare they try to round up everything in mass especially at an annual exhibit, and there should be a big organized backlash then.
That's grim but unfortunately likely to happen. This has gotten so crazy and almost unreasonable on certain extents.

I wonder what kind of form of an "anti-movement" could appear, maybe in the form of the auto show
Swonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 06:44 PM   #1433
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Aznboi128 View Post
Looks like two other vehicles today, an 8th Gen Civic and a is300 SportCross on Kingsway.
Saw a VW Jetta MK2 got pulled over today at 49th near Boundary by a VPD Bike. She was not unreasonably low
Swonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 06:50 PM   #1434
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

I guess there will be no RS meet this year?
VR6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 06:54 PM   #1435
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,401 Times in 3,474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR6GTI View Post
Have it at VPD headquarters.
Old 01-05-2019, 07:04 PM   #1436
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,198 Times in 7,171 Posts
What really would trigger something is if someone who passed, left their car exact as passed, and was VI'd again. I fucking hope its not me, but ces't le vie.
I have my VI in my glove box, sticker on the windshield, and my inspector even wrote my passed ride height measurements, and notes about my seatbelts on the VI.
I'd suggest to anyone right now, check your car, make sure you are legal. Be calm as possible (even though its fucking impossible when you are being treated like a criminal, and a fucking moron by the police, with no just cause) and film the interaction, beginning to end. Document the issues cited immediately after the incident, and post it any avenue you can to highlight how it was unreasonable.
I'm sure some cars will pass exactly as they are, be left as is and get VI notice again at some point, the way things are going.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2019, 07:06 PM   #1437
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,762 Times in 3,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaoTurbo View Post
I've been fine in Richmond with a side plate mount and custom plate for attention grabbing. Carbon fibre lip spoiler from factory is probably the only thing that sticks out, the car is bone stock.
I’ve been completely fine in Richmond. I see police almost every day, and they don’t bat an eye at my lowered, bright orange wheels, completely covered in mud focus RS.

It’s no question this issue is just the VPD being fucked in the head
Old 01-05-2019, 07:11 PM   #1438
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,301 Times in 1,979 Posts
Vancouver should be quarantined.

It's just too stupid of a city for the rest of us to live so close to...
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 07:13 PM   #1439
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,825 Times in 3,905 Posts
Quote:
no meet last summer either

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc604 View Post
I was approaching a red light and slowing down before elliot and when i was stopped at the light and the officer ran out to pull me in. My car is a 370z with amuse kit lowered on springs with a good finger gap between my wheels that dont have poke, also got intake and exhaust which are both pretty quiet when driving conservatively
aftermarket body kit, lowered ride height, aftermarket exhaust

i dont know, sounds like a valid VI

post the dashcam vid so we can hear how quiet the exhaust is

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325isMSPORT View Post
"camber beyond fenders"
"wheels stick past body work"

Look at majority of modern cars they all do that out of the factory.
examples?
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 07:24 PM   #1440
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
Quote:
RS hasn't been able to have meets in Vancouver since this shitshow
https://vcauto.wordpress.com/2014/03...ing-meet-2014/

Remember this shit?
It's always some dipshit kid that ruins everything that RS has tried to do with the general public.

We moved our meets to Adesa and now Tsawassen Mills because they were the only Venues that would let us hold events there.

Everytime RS takes a step forward, some idiots go and ruin it because they can't police themselves. Ten steps Back.

Remember the fuck your head guy?
Remember all the stupid shit other "organizers" have done trying to imitate us?

We host the 2 biggest Local meets. Spring and Summer. The rules have always been the same. It's free, enjoy yourselves, make friends, keep it clean and don't do stupid shit. And what always happens? The last time we were at Tsawassen Mills we filled up the entire lot, and it spread From Saks Off 5th to Milestones. Think that's gonna fly anymore?

The scene is not dead.
RS is not dead (we do Track events now with The Speed Syndicate)Plug: https://www.facebook.com/groups/748482455242714/

But you can thank the Stuart Chans, David Guans, Lorzeno Garcias, the Fuckyourhead's and the Duke Gedge's of the world who are going to put the final nails in the coffin.

RS has tried. The bossman SG has tried. RS has been trying for years. But at the end of the day, we're a small group of friends just trying to keep this thing going. RS has been around for almost 20 years now. Older than most of the new kids on the scene. But we can only do so much.

RS is not dead. But whether or not we have a meet in 2019 is up to the powers that be. Do YOU want to have a meet in Abbotsford? I don't.
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 08:05 PM   #1441
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Aznboi128 View Post

verified both vehicles got an VI
Can confirm. Is300 sportcross apparently got it for non OEM steering wheel and seat

1998 Acura Integra Type R #0635
2017 Honda Civic Type R #01818
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 08:18 PM   #1442
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Currently both the undercover F-150 and Edge are currently on my street each with modded cars pulled over. I'm literally blocked in. Too close to home.

At least I'm still within my 30 days of VI so they can't VI me again?

edit: on mobile, didnt mean to quote.

Last edited by femmefatale; 01-05-2019 at 08:26 PM.
femmefatale is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2019, 08:53 PM   #1443
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmefatale View Post
Currently both the undercover F-150 and Edge are currently on my street each with modded cars pulled over. I'm literally blocked in. Too close to home.

At least I'm still within my 30 days of VI so they can't VI me again?

edit: on mobile, didnt mean to quote.
Ugh are we neighbours? I was just pulled over by the undercover Edge and could see another cop further up ahead. Well my car is full on VI material and I know it. Camber, air suspension, retrofit headlights, exhaust. My days were numbered.

I was literally pulling into my underground parkade when I was pulled over. The edge pulled an immediate u-turn and pulled me over. I have the entire conversation and interaction on my dashcam which I've saved.

The officer said "So you know what happens now right?" .."Yup :|"

He called out my ride height, camber, and headlights. He asked me to rev my car up to 2k RPM and said the exhaust is fine but that he really doesn't give a shit about this stuff. I will say this officer was extremely nice once he could tell I wasn't bullshitting with him. We even joked around a bit.

He told me to wait as he will be calling his buddies to come take a look. If they think it's not road worthy then they'll do what they have to do. I knew I was fucked.

He came back saying it's my lucky day since I'm basically home. He told me he doesn't care what I do with my car but Officer Cain does. He even said this is Cain's thing and the rumours are true.

I was advised to make the necessary changes to my car as he had to put a report of it in and told me Cain now knows where I live. I had a good run, time to start reverting the obvious mods.
Twi7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 08:59 PM   #1444
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi7ch View Post
Ugh are we neighbours? I was just pulled over by the undercover Edge and could see another cop further up ahead. Well my car is full on VI material and I know it. Camber, air suspension, retrofit headlights, exhaust. My days were numbered.

I was literally pulling into my underground parkade when I was pulled over. The edge pulled an immediate u-turn and pulled me over. I have the entire conversation and interaction on my dashcam which I've saved.

The officer said "So you know what happens now right?" .."Yup :|"

He called out my ride height, camber, and headlights. He asked me to rev my car up to 2k RPM and said the exhaust is fine but that he really doesn't give a shit about this stuff. I will say though his officer was extremely nice once he could tell I wasn't bullshitting with him. We even joked around a bit.

He told me to wait as he will be calling his buddies to come take a look. If they think it's not road worthy then they'll do what they have to do. I knew I was fucked.

He came back saying it's my lucky day since I'm basically home. He told me he doesn't care what I do with my car but Officer Cain does. He even said this is Cain's thing and the rumours are true.

I was advised to make the necessary changes to my car as he had to put a report of it in and told me Cain now knows where I live. I had a good run, time to start reverting the obvious mods.
Yeah sounds like it. I'm just not obviously stating exactly where since I know they read this thread. If you were the VW then I'm pretty sure I'm across the street from you (thankfully I had an underground parkade to duck into once I saw the lights!). There was a black sti pulled over at the end of the block by the F-150.

I didn't know they strayed this far away from Kingsway lol.
femmefatale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 09:01 PM   #1445

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpuGen View Post
RS hasn't been able to have meets in Vancouver since this shitshow
https://vcauto.wordpress.com/2014/03...ing-meet-2014/

Remember this shit?
It's always some dipshit kid that ruins everything that RS has tried to do with the general public.

We moved our meets to Adesa and now Tsawassen Mills because they were the only Venues that would let us hold events there.

Everytime RS takes a step forward, some idiots go and ruin it because they can't police themselves. Ten steps Back.

Remember the fuck your head guy?
Remember all the stupid shit other "organizers" have done trying to imitate us?

We host the 2 biggest Local meets. Spring and Summer. The rules have always been the same. It's free, enjoy yourselves, make friends, keep it clean and don't do stupid shit. And what always happens? The last time we were at Tsawassen Mills we filled up the entire lot, and it spread From Saks Off 5th to Milestones. Think that's gonna fly anymore?

The scene is not dead.
RS is not dead (we do Track events now with The Speed Syndicate)Plug: https://www.facebook.com/groups/748482455242714/

But you can thank the Stuart Chans, David Guans, Lorzeno Garcias, the Fuckyourhead's and the Duke Gedge's of the world who are going to put the final nails in the coffin.

RS has tried. The bossman SG has tried. RS has been trying for years. But at the end of the day, we're a small group of friends just trying to keep this thing going. RS has been around for almost 20 years now. Older than most of the new kids on the scene. But we can only do so much.

RS is not dead. But whether or not we have a meet in 2019 is up to the powers that be. Do YOU want to have a meet in Abbotsford? I don't.
It sucks though. People get fucking shot and stabbed at the bars on Granville street and there aren't crackdowns on everyone that goes to the bar and is publicly intoxicated. They close the fucking streets so everyone can stagger around blind in the middle of the street without dying.
Which is perfectly reasonable, because for every asshole, there are 50000 people that are just having a good time the way that they know how, and not trying to fuck up any shit in the process.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2019, 09:06 PM   #1446
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmefatale View Post
Yeah sounds like it. I'm just not obviously stating exactly where since I know they read this thread. If you were the VW then I'm pretty sure I'm across the street from you (thankfully I had an underground parkade to duck into once I saw the lights!). There was a black sti pulled over at the end of the block by the F-150.

I didn't know they strayed this far away from Kingsway lol.
Yup that was me. I also thought we were a little safer over here..guess not.
Twi7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 09:15 PM   #1447
Editor

Thanked 3,179 Times in 874 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
What really would trigger something is if someone who passed, left their car exact as passed, and was VI'd again.
it did happen to a friend. Had a valid stick on windshield and officer stated it wasn't valid, then began to tear at it with a razor blade. He has photos to prove it.

disgusting, unjust move.

Where is the integrity and trust? not with these officers.
Old 01-05-2019, 09:24 PM   #1448

What was the result of that interaction? Another VI and another pass?
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-05-2019, 09:50 PM   #1449
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,401 Times in 3,474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !e.lo_ View Post
it did happen to a friend. Had a valid stick on windshield and officer stated it wasn't valid, then began to tear at it with a razor blade. He has photos to prove it.

disgusting, unjust move.

Where is the integrity and trust? not with these officers.
Post the picks.
Old 01-05-2019, 09:58 PM   #1450
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

PS. I like the idea in general, except targeting particular officers, just target VPD in general, aka informational service and information collecting:

Poster campaign seeks complaints against two VPD officers

This Hurts them (again i would not put names there)

Quote:
The Vancouver Police Union criticized the poster campaign. President Tom Stamatakis said the province has a robust oversight process, and a widely distributed poster campaign could incite greater hostility toward the officers.
nexusxv is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: