REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-20-2010, 07:18 PM   #251
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine50 View Post
Went to the amsterdam cafe for the first time yesterday that place is sick. Can someone explain tho, why don't cops just walk in or chill outside and bust ppl or take your weed away?
Posted via RS Mobile
I was told it's because the cops cannot intrude into a political persons office, Marc Emery. However, he's in jail now in the states so I'm not sure if this statement is true.
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
v.Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:28 PM   #252
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Yea I dunno, it was dope tho hahah $5 u get rollies, bongs, the vape pretty dope place. I was just thinking when we left I'm like ppl saw us walk out or even like let's say a cop was standing outside I'm pretty sure he"d know ur baked hahah all u smell is chronic as soon as u get to the top hahaha
Posted via RS Mobile
Alpine50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:06 AM   #253
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 2,028 Times in 501 Posts
went yesterday to use the vape. its pretty dope. the're super nice too me and my buddy needed help with the vape( first timers) and the women came and helped us and was super nice about it.
Nicotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:59 AM   #254
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Haha the cats are always ripped.. One looks like garfield
Posted via RS Mobile
jaebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:41 PM   #255
misfortune cookie (V)

Thanked 2,716 Times in 422 Posts
Hahaha the cats are pretty chill. They just walk around and pass out here and there

Last edited by LsquareD on 00-00-0000 at 00:00 PM
LsquareD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:09 PM   #256
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Hey guys I'm sort of new to this and I've only done it around 5 times (since ~October) so I'd like to be a bit more knowledgeable about this kind of stuff. I've been trapped by my parents to live, breathe and sleep school so naturally, I was surprised the amount of propaganda behind weed. I guess I'm a recreational user (also so "it" doesn't lose its potency) but I've been wondering for a while, what are the different methods of ingestion or consumption? All I know so far is that:

joints are the most convenient but the least effective (and unhealthiest I think)
pipes are more effective than joints in terms of HTC consumption
vaporizers is one of the purest and most effective (but expensive and not as convenient)

I'd like to think of myself as a dedicated athlete so I don't really want to use joints to harm my lungs but I don't have the convenience of owning a vaporizer so what should I do? I know that weed here is as good as it gets and .. I just don't want to miss out lol. I'm thinking of a pipe but I'm unsure of the "pipes" terminology as apparently there are many variations but I'm looking for something effective (not as harmful to your lungs) and convenient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRIMSONxSOLDIER via marijuana.com
Bong, Spoon, Pipe, Bubbler, Chillum/Bat
What material you want it to be made out of.
Glass/Pyrex, Metal, Ceramic
If you guys can help this newbie out it would be appreciated
Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:46 PM   #257
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
Yes, you are right.

Joints are the probably the least healthiest and also don't give you the best bang for your buck THC wise.

Yes, Pipes are more effective, but they are still pretty hard on the lungs.

Vaporizers are definitely the way to go if you have extra cash lying around... but from what I have read, it seems like your parents are rather strict and you live at home, so I doubt they would appreciate a vaporizer just lying around in your room.

You can just hit up the Vape Lounge, for $5 / hour (but if its not busy they let you stay longer) and BYOW (Bring your own weed) to use their equipment.

Bong, Pipe and Bubbler all have smoke as well. I've never heard of "Spoon" and "Chillum/Bat". Bongs and pipes are generally a lot more smoother than Joints and Pipes, and the Bubbler is definitely one of the best devices, but however, it still has smoke, but its A LOT less harsh than Pipes.

If you are an athlete, I'd suggest you maybe try cooking your weed. You can mix it into Butter, then cook anything that requires butter. Some ideas are cookies and brownies. You get the biggest bang for your buck this way, but downside is... sometimes it might last a bit longer than you'd hope.

If you don't do it too often, and go for less harsh methods, you shouldn't be able to see a change in your athlete life. I have a buddy who's currently in the Military and he smokes weed. He seems to be doing fine

Hope this helped.

Cadillac CTS (Current)
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-15-2011, 05:12 PM   #258
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Thanks for your post. So I guess I'll aim for a bubbler as it sounds convenient and not as dangerous when used. Any suggestions on where to get one, as well as a good model? (either online or locally?) Thanks again.
Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 05:42 PM   #259
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
I smoke very rarely, maybe four joints a year.

Honestly, I would probably smoke slightly more often but I hate buying weed, so I really only smoke it when I'm with someone who has it.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 05:46 PM   #260
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasnowman View Post

Society is so stupid and preprogrammed with the government and propaganda that weed, pot, marihuana(not sure wh we spell it like that in Canada) etc is so bad when it's 99% safer then alcohol. How many people have you heard from die from overdose of marihuana, or smoking causing a crash. Most pot smokers are like man wow I'm going way to fast, unlike alcohol makes you think sure I'm fine to drive, or I'm drunk and invincible so I'll speed take some jumps etc. I'm not saying you should go out and get blasted and drive but it's more like taking an Advil or Tylenol.

Like anything in life I think moderation is best... as if you over do anything it's bad for you.

Any thoughts or comments?
Not 100% sure on this, but wut i heard is that the reason why government doesnt want weed to be legal, is that weed contains lots of cure for sickness pain,etc. if they were to legalize it everyone would be smoking weed and using it as medicine or what not.

But then again if it was legal , they would make butt load of money. tax on marijuana. everyone would be buying munchies or going out to eat after getting high. business would get more money from the ppl that r high. Also weed brings ppl together. u never see anyone thats high , that would start a fight with anyone.

Time goes by puffing on lye, hopin that it gets me high!
da-suu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-16-2011, 11:58 PM   #261
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
^ i know that when i fucked up my back playing basketball in gr 11 i've had persistent back pain since then, nothing else had the positive effects that weed had on reducing the pain

so i guess it would one of the reasons
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:18 AM   #262
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
put weed in hookah mixed with passion fruit sheesha and hot boxed the garage couple days ago. ripped outta my balls walk to my back door was like the lord of the rings trilogy
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-17-2011, 04:51 PM   #263
I don't get it

if weed was legal in vancouver , it would help us recover from the olympics... since they spent a shit load of money on it ... Then no mroe hst !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-17-2011, 06:35 PM   #264
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodstar View Post
Thanks for your post. So I guess I'll aim for a bubbler as it sounds convenient and not as dangerous when used. Any suggestions on where to get one, as well as a good model? (either online or locally?) Thanks again.
get a portable vape..

so worth it

i only vape and a 20 has lasted me 8ish days

and i blaze atleast once a day
baggdis300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:52 PM   #265
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hchang View Post
Yes, you are right.

Joints are the probably the least healthiest and also don't give you the best bang for your buck THC wise.

Yes, Pipes are more effective, but they are still pretty hard on the lungs.

Vaporizers are definitely the way to go if you have extra cash lying around... but from what I have read, it seems like your parents are rather strict and you live at home, so I doubt they would appreciate a vaporizer just lying around in your room.

You can just hit up the Vape Lounge, for $5 / hour (but if its not busy they let you stay longer) and BYOW (Bring your own weed) to use their equipment.

Bong, Pipe and Bubbler all have smoke as well. I've never heard of "Spoon" and "Chillum/Bat". Bongs and pipes are generally a lot more smoother than Joints and Pipes, and the Bubbler is definitely one of the best devices, but however, it still has smoke, but its A LOT less harsh than Pipes.

If you are an athlete, I'd suggest you maybe try cooking your weed. You can mix it into Butter, then cook anything that requires butter. Some ideas are cookies and brownies. You get the biggest bang for your buck this way, but downside is... sometimes it might last a bit longer than you'd hope.

If you don't do it too often, and go for less harsh methods, you shouldn't be able to see a change in your athlete life. I have a buddy who's currently in the Military and he smokes weed. He seems to be doing fine

Hope this helped.
Nah man blazing is probably the best thing for basketball, in hs I played ripped in a couple of games and it was way easier to hit threes and no jitters your relaxed, I play for a college now (not gonna say where or else someone might spill the beans ) and I always blaze when I have the chance too, fuck drug test :@
Posted via RS Mobile
jaebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:50 AM   #266
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

blazed evryday for the last week... I never knew I was so funny... good time, high times
Old 01-18-2011, 09:13 AM   #267
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
OFFICIALLY RETIRED !!!

until 420 at least
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:59 PM   #268
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,584 Times in 4,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
OFFICIALLY RETIRED !!!

until 420 at least
how many times have you said that in the last couple of years?

murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:38 PM   #269
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaebomb View Post
Nah man blazing is probably the best thing for basketball, in hs I played ripped in a couple of games and it was way easier to hit threes and no jitters your relaxed, I play for a college now (not gonna say where or else someone might spill the beans ) and I always blaze when I have the chance too, fuck drug test :@
Posted via RS Mobile
str8 up playing any sports high makes ur 10x as fun. summer time i always hit up a couple of joints then playing bball

Old 01-18-2011, 08:25 PM   #270
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
when i'm with friends, probably smoke 4 - 6 joints a day but haven't blazed in a while
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:39 PM   #271
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Replied many times to this thread high. Now I'm on 2 months clean. I feel better, that's for sure. But man, do I ever miss it at times, specially when I see, smell people blazing.
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2011, 10:59 PM   #272
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 2,116 Times in 382 Posts
StaxBundlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:14 PM   #273
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

for a while now i've been an occasional weed smoker.

i'll have my ups and downs on marry jane.

well right now, i've come to the conclusion that for the time being that i'll smoke more. its been a very rough for the past 2 years now for me in my life in many aspects. I need something to relax at some times.

so now i probably get high 2-3 times a week. just alone time. time to relax, take a break. just get high and make some good fucking bacon and eggs.

also with buddies, playing xbox kinect when your high is the shit.

1995 BMW 530i
1990 Mercedes-Benz 500SL
2002 Ford Explorer EB V8 4x4
2005 Acura RSX Type-S (SOLD)
1999 BMW 540i
skylinergtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:13 AM   #274
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
legalize it...u heard that shh so many time's it's fucking annoying,weed's as easy to get as Munchies from 7-11 or 24h mcDonald's,so what the fuck is there to nag about or to even care if it's legal or not?...long as im high,im high..easy as that.

do some smoker's think you'll some how magically get 10 for 20 deal's if retailers start selling?..

meh...i enjoy the social experience of smoking pot going to a friends house blazing up the green and playing video game's then how it was in a amsterdam cafe when i visited there...it was just some bullshit name for a strain of weed that was 1 point under BC BUD smoking it and bunch of people gathering around to bullshit...at least have a god damn TV in the place then some hippie music playing...
Mr.Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:47 AM   #275
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vafanculo View Post
Replied many times to this thread high. Now I'm on 2 months clean. I feel better, that's for sure. But man, do I ever miss it at times, specially when I see, smell people blazing.
Posted via RS Mobile
fuck i feel ya man.

i try to keep my mind off it by replacing smoking with reading lol
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote