REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-27-2019, 04:20 PM   #51
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,428 Times in 5,104 Posts
What is the point of talking about cabinet minister appointments then if you weren’t comparing it to someone (ie: Harper)? How do you vote for someone based on who they will pick for cabinet appointments when that decision isn’t made until after they’re already voted in?

I’m confused why you brought it up.
Advertisement
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-27-2019, 09:51 PM   #52
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
What is the point of talking about cabinet minister appointments then if you weren’t comparing it to someone (ie: Harper)? How do you vote for someone based on who they will pick for cabinet appointments when that decision isn’t made until after they’re already voted in?

I’m confused why you brought it up.
1. I don't understand what the point in comparing current and past appointments would be, it would be non-sensical for me to complain about past appointments... they are no longer in government.

2. I'm not sure how someone would vote for someone based on assumptions of cabinet appointments... and I certainly didn't suggest otherwise.

3. I bring up the appointments because I believe they have performed poorly, and I believe their lack of relevant education and training is a major contributing factor to said performance.
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 02:09 AM   #53
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo View Post
1. I don't understand what the point in comparing current and past appointments would be, it would be non-sensical for me to complain about past appointments... they are no longer in government.

2. I'm not sure how someone would vote for someone based on assumptions of cabinet appointments... and I certainly didn't suggest otherwise.

3. I bring up the appointments because I believe they have performed poorly, and I believe their lack of relevant education and training is a major contributing factor to said performance.
Depending on the way a PM runs things cabinet ministers don't make policy they execute the P.M's plans. When harper was P.M. everyone knew he and his advisers called the shots and he and is staff spoon feed answers to his ministers. That's why his ministers would repeat the same answer no matter what the question and you had a high school grad as the minister of health.

Also look at the official oppositions shadow cabinet that will give you a good idea on who they will have for ministers if elected.

Health: Marilyn Gladu

Marilyn Gladu MP (née McInerney;[citation needed] born 1962) is a Canadian politician who was elected as a Member of Parliament in the House of Commons of Canada to represent the federal electoral ward Sarnia—Lambton during the 2015 Canadian federal election.[2]

Gladu was a professional engineer who worked for Dow Chemical for 21 years, in a variety of roles locally and globally. She then became engineering manager and subsequently the director of engineering at Suncor before taking a consultant role at WorleyParsons. During her career, Gladu was the chair for the Canadian Society of Chemical Engineers locally, and the national director of science and industrial policy for the same organization. She has been on the dean's advisory council for the Faculty of Engineering at Queen's University.

She currently serves as both the Official Opposition's critic for health and as chair of the Standing Committee on Status of Women. Under the previous leadership of Rona Ambrose, Gladu was the Official Opposition critic for science.

National Defence: James Bezan

Bezan was born May 19, 1965 in Russell, Manitoba[1] Bezan attended Olds College in Alberta where he majored in livestock technology in the Agricultural Production program.[2] Bezan worked in the livestock and cattle industries in the 1980s and 1990s, and started his own company in 1996. He served as Chief Executive Officer of the Manitoba Cattle Producer's Association, and has sat on boards in the fields of cattle and food production. He also operates a family farm near Teulon, Manitoba.[3]

See the rest here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offici...abinet_(Canada)
Old 07-28-2019, 07:41 AM   #54
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Make great deals
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-49135045
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 09:34 AM   #55
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
Did I tell you about the time I'm going to score the winning goal in a major sporting event? It's going to be great.

This is another deal that's never going to happen. Even if some time of deal does happen how is that going to help all the farmers he put on welfare? 16 Billion in farm subsidies because he tried to get tough with China. China just signed a deal with Russia for soy and wheat. Something they use to buy from the US.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1UL275

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/25/u...rade-wars.html

I thought cons hated government handouts?
Old 07-28-2019, 10:43 AM   #56
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
I thought cons hated government handouts?
Not to their friends/supporters lol

Though the same could be said for every political party/group... they are all crooks committing the same crimes, it's only the fine details of the crimes that differ.
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-28-2019, 11:31 AM   #57
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
Maybe I’m wrong, but what exactly does the UK export? I thought over the last 50 years they’ve become exclusively a country of importing goods? Other than some classic Welsh cheese. A deal with the US would be great for them, something like nafta or wtv with really low tariffs. Good for export for US and maybe cost of goods would go down for the UK