REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-23-2019, 06:28 AM   #1
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,449 Times in 1,438 Posts
Boris Johnson will be the new British Prime Minister

The world is full of crazy leaders

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/07/23/u...ntl/index.html
Advertisement
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 06:38 AM   #2
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,438 Times in 5,110 Posts
So many mentally questionable men in ill fitting suits with bad haircuts everywhere!

Grumpy skeletor said it best:
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 06:42 AM   #3
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,697 Times in 3,128 Posts
we are all doomed!! why would they vote this retard in!? he's one of the key orchestrators of this whole brexit bullshit.

WWIII here we come. new house better have a fucking bomb shelter.
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-23-2019, 08:27 AM   #4
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
The New York Times podcast had a pretty interesting story on him yesterday. He's actually quite articulate and smart if you look at what he did to get to his PM role but just puts on this dumb concept with his physical appearance.
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 09:05 AM   #5
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,339 Times in 5,648 Posts
People that get into these positions aren’t dumb. No offense but Trump is probably far more intelligent than most of us.

The problem with politics is there is no middle ground anymore and sides are so polarizing that people can’t even fathom changing their opinion let alone listening to reason and it’s jist getting worse.

Canada in typical Canadian fashion is the vanilla version of it. You have a “good” leader in Harper who is the stereotypical conservative leader, good economically, tough socially, let’s other issues sort themselves out

Then people get tired of that, and want change for no other reason than change

Vote in the most stereotypical left wing leader in Turdeau, terrible economically, couldn’t be softer socially, and then dedicates his term to this jumbled mess of cultural issues in reconciliation etc.

North American politics and pretty much the whole western world are all the same
Old 07-23-2019, 09:16 AM   #6
Performance Moderator

Trump is street smart, knows how to manipulate people and bully them... he's far from intelligent/articulate tho lol

Single minded self-confidence, no matter how misguided it might be, goes a LONG way in the business and politics world
Old 07-23-2019, 09:28 AM   #7
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,339 Times in 5,648 Posts
He’s no rocket scientist but he obviously operates at a different level than most
Old 07-23-2019, 09:58 AM   #8
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,283 Times in 270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
we are all doomed!! why would they vote this retard in!? he's one of the key orchestrators of this whole brexit bullshit.
i wasn't following the GB election but i thought i read the name wrong at first. i thought there's no way he'd be elected in after his role in causing brexit
Quote:
Originally Posted by orgasm_donor View Post
organge7 has spoken, and we have done the opposite. yay!
urrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 10:05 AM   #9
Performance Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by urrh View Post
i wasn't following the GB election but i thought i read the name wrong at first. i thought there's no way he'd be elected in after his role in causing brexit
He likely wouldn't be in a popular election... but he was just being elected from within his own party to take over the role as leader after May's departure. This was very much expected... unfortunately.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-23-2019, 10:10 AM   #10
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,697 Times in 3,128 Posts
There's gonna be blood on the streets because of this. The public isn't going to stand for it.
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 10:46 AM   #11
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,384 Times in 3,466 Posts
[QUOTE=Hondaracer;8954555]

Canada in typical Canadian fashion is the vanilla version of it. You have a
Old 07-23-2019, 10:53 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Canada in typical Canadian fashion is the vanilla version of it. You have a “good” leader in Harper who is the stereotypical conservative leader, good economically, tough socially, let’s other issues sort themselves out

Remember this:

Or this:

And this:

Also can't forget the $2000 a night hotel rooms for ministers.

All I need to know is we have the lowest unemployment rate in Canadian history under Trudeau.
Old 07-23-2019, 11:01 AM   #13
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
There's gonna be blood on the streets because of this. The public isn't going to stand for it.
And it won't be the Boris voters causing the blood.
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 02:09 PM   #14
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
This is the same clown that drumming up Brexit then didn't do shits after.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 03:03 PM   #15
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,299 Times in 2,511 Posts
God bless Britain...

Jermery Hunt would have been more appealing to me, and he sounds like he is more level-headed than Boris Johnson is. Admittedly, my British politics knowledge is limited and superficial though.

With Boris Johnson "leading" the UK, I honestly can't imagine how anything good could come out of it due to his hardline Brexit stance. And then when election time comes, it's gonna be him against Jeremy Corbyn, who is a hardline leftist. Ideologically, I am anything but a leftist, so I can't see anything good coming out of their leaders.

Honestly... may God bless the Queen, and may God bless Britain.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 03:14 PM   #16
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post

All I need to know is we have the lowest unemployment rate in Canadian history under Trudeau.
Current Canadian unemployment rate "under Trudeau" is 5.7%, that's 50% higher than what the USA has under Trump at 3.8%.

#MAGA
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-23-2019, 03:31 PM   #17
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
God bless Britain...

Jermery Hunt would have been more appealing to me, and he sounds like he is more level-headed than Boris Johnson is. Admittedly, my British politics knowledge is limited and superficial though.

With Boris Johnson "leading" the UK, I honestly can't imagine how anything good could come out of it due to his hardline Brexit stance. And then when election time comes, it's gonna be him against Jeremy Corbyn, who is a hardline leftist. Ideologically, I am anything but a leftist, so I can't see anything good coming out of their leaders.

Honestly... may God bless the Queen, and may God bless Britain.

The Queen might have a heart attack even before elections lol.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 03:42 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo View Post
Current Canadian unemployment rate "under Trudeau" is 5.7%, that's 50% higher than what the USA has under Trump at 3.8%.

#MAGA
Not measured the same. You also have a few percent of the population that does not want to work. Every business owner i talk to is having a hard time finding workers.
Old 07-23-2019, 03:47 PM   #19
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Woah, whoah, woe....................... you cannot just throw out the term, "god bless," at the drop of a hat.

god bless
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 03:58 PM   #20
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
god bless has so many meanings................
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.

Last edited by MG1; 07-23-2019 at 04:04 PM.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 05:44 PM   #21
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
Quote:
Not measured the same. You also have a few percent of the population that does not want to work. Every business owner i talk to is having a hard time finding workers.
Feel free to explain the difference then...

I’ll say it another way, in 2013 both the USA and Canada had a virtually identical unemployment rate of 7.0%, since that time the USA has outperformed Canada by achieving a more significant reduction in unemployment.

The reason you can’t find workers on the island is because the island is full of lazy hippies.
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-23-2019, 06:26 PM   #22
"They call me Bowser...RawR!"

Low unemployment in Canada is easy to do when the American economy is on fire since we rely on them. Essentially riding America's coat tails. I'd say this was more America than Trudeau. If the US were more lax on immigration, companies like Google and Microsoft wouldn't have had to open up offices up here and it would've been like another early 2000's brain drain.

What's a lot more difficult is not letting Canada get dragged down into the dumpster that America was in back in 2008. We should've been right down there with them considering how tied our economies are but we weren't.
Old 07-23-2019, 06:46 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo View Post
Feel free to explain the difference then...

I’ll say it another way, in 2013 both the USA and Canada had a virtually identical unemployment rate of 7.0%, since that time the USA has outperformed Canada by achieving a more significant reduction in unemployment.

The reason you can’t find workers on the island is because the island is full of lazy hippies.
Not just the Island the mainland too. If you can't get a job in this economy the problem is you.

I am no expert on the unemployment rate but you can read more about the differences here: https://milescorak.com/2012/05/04/th...an-it-appears/
Old 07-23-2019, 07:42 PM   #24
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Not measured the same when Quebec, the voter central for Liberals, are given billions in transfer payments while the rest of the country, albeit minimal in population, struggles to live due to high cost of living. You can't get workers out West because they can't afford to work in shithole Nanaimo at Starbucks and pay rent.

Trudeau has tanked the oil industry, which cripples local economies (and provinces), but it has supported higher export dollars, a better US economy, Saudi payments to SNC lavelin, then back to the Liberals - because F you stupid Westerners. Join the people that are easily head faked.

It is not going to get any better with that pussy trying to tell you that peoplekind only included his cabinet members receiving patronage.

https://business.financialpost.com/n...s-been-altered
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-23-2019, 08:27 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post
Not measured the same when Quebec, the voter central for Liberals, are given billions in transfer payments while the rest of the country, albeit minimal in population, struggles to live due to high cost of living. You can't get workers out West because they can't afford to work in shithole Nanaimo at Starbucks and pay rent.

Trudeau has tanked the oil industry, which cripples local economies (and provinces), but it has supported higher export dollars, a better US economy, Saudi payments to SNC lavelin, then back to the Liberals - because F you stupid Westerners. Join the people that are easily head faked.

It is not going to get any better with that pussy trying to tell you that peoplekind only included his cabinet members receiving patronage.

https://business.financialpost.com/n...s-been-altered
Everyone knew the oil boom was not going to last. Why do you think all the major oil/gas companies sold their gas stations? Shell, Esso, Husky, Chevron sold all the stores they owned. In BC the economy is booming right now. Alberta should have diversified more when the times where good.

How good is Ontario doing under doug ford?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/thund...-bay-1.5206009