REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-11-2020, 10:58 PM   #101
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Iran admits fault. Gives us canadians some closure while we go back to not caring about other countries fetishes for war.

My que to leave this thread and smoke some legal weed.
Advertisement
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2020, 05:30 AM   #102
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,168 Times in 7,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by belka View Post
Orange man will be re-elected this year the way things are going, then you’ll really see how triggered these snowflakes can get.
It’s pathetic, especially in a conversation like this, about a topic like this to still go back to that same old shit. “Trump 2020, snowflakes triggered!”
Don’t cut yourself on all that edge.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2020, 06:29 AM   #103
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,003 Times in 1,908 Posts
Was going to + you for this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
176 people dead and all you can think about is your man crush being elected.
but then I remember just a few posts before ... you started this Trump bullshit tangent with this:

Quote:
Who wouldn't be Under pressure after an orange orangutan threatens to blow up 53 cultural sites. But hey he just had a great rally and he has a busy weekend golfing.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 06:46 AM   #104
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
It’s pathetic, especially in a conversation like this, about a topic like this to still go back to that same old shit. “Trump 2020, snowflakes triggered!”
Don’t cut yourself on all that edge.
It’s pathetic some of the fucktards on this forum start blaming Trump because of their triggered political views. I didn’t bring up the Trump thing but I was waiting for one of the libtards to start being idiots.
belka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-12-2020, 06:51 AM   #105
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,003 Times in 1,908 Posts
^I would trace it to Manic!
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2020, 10:21 AM   #106
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,384 Times in 3,466 Posts
Quote:
It’s pathetic some of the fucktards on this forum start blaming Trump because of their triggered political views. I didn’t bring up the Trump thing but I was waiting for one of the libtards to start being idiots.
When is the last time Iran shot down a civilian plane? You think it's some type of coincidence that this happened after trump killed soleimani, threatened to bomb 52 cultural sites, and Iran fired missiles at a US base?

Old 01-12-2020, 12:14 PM   #107
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,719 Posts
Quote:
"Libtards?" you sound like a fucking idiot man, those tired taglines are boring.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2020, 12:54 PM   #108
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
"Libtards?" you sound like a fucking idiot man, those tired taglines are boring.
Thanks for coming in here and contributing nothing to this thread, like the rest of you tinfoil hat idiots blaming trump and supporting Iranian terrorism. I suggest you move to Toronto to be with the rest of the deranged lunatics.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-12-2020, 01:05 PM   #109

Quote:
Thanks for coming in here and contributing nothing to this thread, like the rest of you tinfoil hat idiots blaming trump and supporting Iranian terrorism. I suggest you move to Toronto to be with the rest of the deranged lunatics.
https://globalnews.ca/news/6393840/d...mpression=true

watch the video. Also David Frum is a conservative.

Quote:
While Iran appears to have shot down Flight 752, U.S. President Donald Trump helped create the context of escalation in the region, says David Frum of The Atlantic.
Old 01-12-2020, 01:09 PM   #110
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
https://globalnews.ca/news/6393840/d...mpression=true

While Iran appears to have shot down Flight 752, U.S. President Donald Trump helped create the context of escalation in the region, says David Frum of The Atlantic.

watch the video. Also David Frum is a conservative.
Old 01-12-2020, 01:35 PM   #111
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
suggesting the POTUS caused disability in the region in recent weeks, there seems to be a good argument for that

stretching it out to say the main reason Soleimani was killed was to occupy Americans with anything but the impeachment, oh ok thanks internet that seems legit...might as well suggest Trudeau to do every press conference in black face as if things arent divided enough as is

really looking forward to hearing about Trump tied into every world event 20 times a day for another 5 years

Last edited by twitchyzero; 01-12-2020 at 01:42 PM.
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 02:17 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post

stretching it out to say the main reason Soleimani was killed was to occupy Americans with anything but the impeachment, oh ok thanks internet that seems legit
That's exactly what trump suggested when Obama was in power.

If you didn't see it the first time I will post it again.

So you either believe trump that a president would attack Iran to save face or you are saying trump is a nutcase conspiracy theorist. Pick one.
Old 01-12-2020, 11:02 PM   #113

https://nationalpost.com/pmn/news-pm...an-plane-crash

CEO of a multi-billion dollar company.

Quote:
Maple Leaf Foods Inc Chief Executive Officer Michael McCain criticized the U.S. government for escalating tensions in the Middle East, after an Iranian missile accidentally shot down a Ukrainian airliner killing 176 people onboard, including an employee’s family.

“A MLF colleague of mine lost his wife and family this week to a needless, irresponsible series of events in Iran. U.S. government leaders unconstrained by checks/balances, concocted an ill-conceived plan to divert focus from political woes,” McCain said in a tweet posted on the company’s Twitter account on Sunday.
Old 01-13-2020, 12:51 AM   #114
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Iranian people have been fighting this regime in the streets since what, November? Hundreds dead, thousands wounded, 10's of thousands improsioned, among a total internet blackout...

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/01/w...ts-deaths.html

America supports them by killing one of the generals responsible for all these deaths, and suddenly people are talking about WW3, and Trump doing this to somehow make himself get re-elected.

I wonder how different reactions would be if it was Obama in office doing the exact same thing.

I know Trump is a buffoon but people get way too caught up on him instead of stuff that matters.

(also IMHO, if Hilary had won, WW3 would have happened by now anyway lol)

(and also IMHO, Biden will bring us to war faster than a re-elected Trump would)

(Trump is not benign, but he is not a warmonger in the way that the establishment is (both dems and reps included))
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-13-2020, 06:15 AM   #115
Banned By Establishment

Quote:

Orange man bad! Stick to your job idiot.
Old 01-13-2020, 08:18 AM   #116
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts

The Iranian people have renewed protests against their government in the wake of this attack and its good to see.

Meanwhile #NancyPelosiFakeNews is trending because the military industrial complex funded establishment Dems are downplaying these protests as it conflicts with Orange Man Bad.
Old 01-13-2020, 08:35 AM   #117
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,393 Times in 587 Posts
Quote:

Who gives a shit what this guy thinks. He lives in an entitled bubble and should stay in his perfect little lane. He clearly has no idea of the history behind the conflict and influence Iran has had in the region through Quds Force operations. He doesn't understand who Qasem Soleimani was and frankly I don't think you do either. He is as legit a target as it gets. He was Bin Laden and Al-Baghdadi in a uniform and if Bush or Obama could have taken him out they would have.

It is NOT Donald Trumps fault that an Iranian AA crew cannot do basic IFF and interpret basic radar data and not tell the difference between a cruise missile (very small) and a 737-800 (very big) while sitting in the departure path of their busiest airport. It's absolutely asinine to blame American leadership for them pulling the trigger on innocent holiday travelers

For anyone wanting a good intro in to who this General was, start here. This is a decent summary:
https://gem.cbc.ca/media/the-passion...5a-012294ba926

Last edited by JDął; 01-13-2020 at 09:33 AM.
JDął is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2020, 10:05 AM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDął View Post
Who gives a shit what this guy thinks. He lives in an entitled bubble and should stay in his perfect little lane. He clearly has no idea of the history behind the conflict and influence Iran has had in the region through Quds Force operations. He doesn't understand who Qasem Soleimani was and frankly I don't think you do either. He is as legit a target as it gets. He was Bin Laden and Al-Baghdadi in a uniform and if Bush or Obama could have taken him out they would have.

It is NOT Donald Trumps fault that an Iranian AA crew cannot do basic IFF and interpret basic radar data and not tell the difference between a cruise missile (very small) and a 737-800 (very big) while sitting in the departure path of their busiest airport. It's absolutely asinine to blame American leadership for them pulling the trigger on innocent holiday travelers

For anyone wanting a good intro in to who this General was, start here. This is a decent summary:
https://gem.cbc.ca/media/the-passion...5a-012294ba926
What about trump he was born with a silver spoon in his ass and has never worked a hard day in his life. You can tell by the way he talks he has never been in a real fight in his life. Tell me what does a condo developer knows about the history of Iran?

13 governments signed the Iran nuclear deal only one broke the contract and that was because trump did not like the fact Obama's name was on it.
Old 01-13-2020, 11:15 AM   #119
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,273 Times in 275 Posts
Quote:

Was sort of thinking the same thing, they would have been squawking modes and codes. Plus based on contact's speed, bearing and elevation it's normally distinguishable. Not to mention even the missile's flight profile in its terminal phase.

2004 E46 M3
2001 WRX STi (sold)
2003 Supercharged 350z (sold)
1991 R32 GTR (sold)
2000 Civic SiR (sold)
1990 Civic Si-T (sold)
1986 MK1 Mr2 (sold)
2005 GSX-R 750 (sold)
2003 CBR 600RR (sold)
2007 Ducati 1098 track (sold)
2009 Kawasaki ZX6R (track build)

Last edited by fT-z33wor; 01-13-2020 at 11:38 AM.
fT-z33wor is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2020, 11:31 AM   #120
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,393 Times in 587 Posts
Quote:
What about trump he was born with a silver spoon in his ass and has never worked a hard day in his life. You can tell by the way he talks he has never been in a real fight in his life. Tell me what does a condo developer knows about the history of Iran?

As the Commander-in-Chief Trump knows infinitely more than you and some random meat company executive EVER will

13 governments signed the Iran nuclear deal only one broke the contract and that was because trump did not like the fact Obama's name was on it.
This whole post is standard deflection, hyperbole, and conjecture from you. Straight garbage, good thing no one takes you seriously
JDął is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2020, 01:12 PM   #121

Quote:
This whole post is standard deflection, hyperbole, and conjecture from you. Straight garbage, good thing no one takes you seriously
Trump was talking shit way before he was elected when he was just a shitty condo developer. He attacked Obama a number of times while he was acting on TV.
Old 01-13-2020, 03:01 PM   #122
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,355 Times in 1,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Iranian people have been fighting this regime in the streets since what, November? Hundreds dead, thousands wounded, 10's of thousands improsioned, among a total internet blackout...

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/01/w...ts-deaths.html

America supports them by killing one of the generals responsible for all these deaths, and suddenly people are talking about WW3, and Trump doing this to somehow make himself get re-elected.

I wonder how different reactions would be if it was Obama in office doing the exact same thing.

I know Trump is a buffoon but people get way too caught up on him instead of stuff that matters.
The protest you wrote about has not been continuing since November. yes, there were protests after the fuel price jump in Mid November, some people were killed (no official count unfortunately), lasted about a week, same time the internet access was limited. 10s of thousands imprisoned? Highly doubt it.

there was another protest couple days ago after Iran admitted fault on shooting the plane down. Few people were arrested in front of their university, no shooting thankfully this time..

Trump killed the general in support of the Iranian people? Oh please.
U.S. had been planning to kill that general since at least 7 months ago. It's amazing how people relate everything to each other without much knowledge of what's actually going on in the region. And what's more amazing is that people claim that Trump cares about Iranian people... he doesn't.

When Trump had the chance to retaliate after U.S. bases were hit by Iranian missiles he comes out and tweets "All is well" as if stock market had a minor crash or something. Guy is a fucking joke, really. He's not after changing the regime in Iran, hence he won't do anything for the Iranian people, therefore he can shut up sending tweets and making false claims about supporting the people.
boostfever is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2020, 03:58 PM   #123
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
found Manic!

Quote:
“I am very angry, and time isn’t making me less angry,” McCain wrote on Maple Leaf’s official account. “U.S. government leaders unconstrained by checks/balances, concocted an ill-conceived plan to divert focus from political woes.”
https://nationalpost.com/news/maple-...er-iran-deaths
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 04:58 PM   #124
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostfever View Post
The protest you wrote about has not been continuing since November. yes, there were protests after the fuel price jump in Mid November, some people were killed (no official count unfortunately), lasted about a week, same time the internet access was limited. 10s of thousands imprisoned? Highly doubt it.

there was another protest couple days ago after Iran admitted fault on shooting the plane down. Few people were arrested in front of their university, no shooting thankfully this time..

Trump killed the general in support of the Iranian people? Oh please.
U.S. had been planning to kill that general since at least 7 months ago. It's amazing how people relate everything to each other without much knowledge of what's actually going on in the region. And what's more amazing is that people claim that Trump cares about Iranian people... he doesn't.

When Trump had the chance to retaliate after U.S. bases were hit by Iranian missiles he comes out and tweets "All is well" as if stock market had a minor crash or something. Guy is a fucking joke, really. He's not after changing the regime in Iran, hence he won't do anything for the Iranian people, therefore he can shut up sending tweets and making false claims about supporting the people.
"Trump" killed Soleimani because he's a terrorist who is a threat to America. He is also a threat to Iran, so killing him supported them as well. Not sure what's controversial about that but hope this clears it up.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-13-2020, 06:43 PM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
"Trump" killed Soleimani because he's a terrorist who is a threat to America. He is also a threat to Iran, so killing him supported them as well. Not sure what's controversial about that but hope this clears it up.
How was he a threat to Iran? he was a general in the Iranian army. If Iran had a problem with him they would have dealt with it. Explain to me how he was a threat to people living in America.

From a new interview with Justin Trudeau.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6404191/j...ne-crash-2020/

Quote:
“If there were no tensions, if there was no escalation recently in the region, those Canadians would be right now home with their families,” said Trudeau.

“This is something that happens when you have conflict and war. Innocents bear the brunt of it and it is a reminder why all of us need to work so hard on de-escalation, moving forward to reduce tensions and find a pathway that doesn’t involve further conflict and killing.”