REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-28-2020, 07:38 AM   #701
Old School RS

Thanked 3,946 Times in 1,202 Posts
My wife is at Lulu - they officially announced WFH until at least end of Q2/2021 now.

-Mark
Advertisement
Old 10-28-2020, 09:38 AM   #702
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

WFH till July 2021. So far, company gave all employees $2720 of "covid pay" and also allowing us to expense up to $780 for any health related purchases, such as buying weights, homework out stuff, etc.
KayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 10:11 AM   #703
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,170 Times in 2,403 Posts
What are people doing/planning on doing to survive/stay sane during the fall/winter now that there aren't patios, and less outdoor activities?

I have been making a point to schedule at least one long weekend getaway each month to local places (Squamish, Bowen Island, Sunshine Coast, etc.) to keep travelling as well as have something to always look forward to.

Investing in some better rain and warm weather gear so that we can continue to go on day trips, hikes, walks, etc. even in poor weather.

One thing I am struggling with is working out again. Now that cases have spiked again I have not been going to my usual gym and any outdoor workouts I did do at the beginning of the pandemic will likely be harder to do in poor weather.

Any other ideas?
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 10:59 AM   #704
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,560 Times in 1,710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
MrsHappySilp has a sister?

mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 11:01 AM   #705
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,560 Times in 1,710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
What are people doing/planning on doing to survive/stay sane during the fall/winter now that there aren't patios, and less outdoor activities?

I have been making a point to schedule at least one long weekend getaway each month to local places (Squamish, Bowen Island, Sunshine Coast, etc.) to keep travelling as well as have something to always look forward to.

Investing in some better rain and warm weather gear so that we can continue to go on day trips, hikes, walks, etc. even in poor weather.

One thing I am struggling with is working out again. Now that cases have spiked again I have not been going to my usual gym and any outdoor workouts I did do at the beginning of the pandemic will likely be harder to do in poor weather.

Any other ideas?
We're doing the same in terms of trips, heading to Tofino this weekend until Monday.

Join a gym, left Steve Nash and joined a new gym back in June, have been going 5 days a week since then. It's paramount to break up the afternoon by getting out of the house and hitting the gym. I also suggest bombing out to NV or somewhere local for a little hike, nothing crazy, but getting into nature even if it's raining and cold out definitely helps these early dark evenings.

Once the snow starts falling hard on the mountains, a bomb up to Cypress on a weekday is also great.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 11:03 AM   #706
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
RIP Mr. HappySlip

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 11:07 AM   #707
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,488 Times in 1,687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post

Any other ideas?
If we have a cold winter this year with heavy snowfall in the Lower Mainland, a great outdoor activity is building a snowman.

Put a facemask on Frosty during this pandemic.
Old 10-28-2020, 11:29 AM   #708
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Damn that’s one high maintenance bird
She is worth it!
Old 10-28-2020, 11:35 AM   #709
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Is there still a pandemic in Vancouver? /s

I see a lot of iNfLuEnCeRs (and people I know of/know personally) on social media dining together, sharing food, hanging out like normal with the only difference is wearing a mask to and from the destination.

Non of that would really fly over here so I guess that's why it's strange to see even after things have gotten a bit worse all around the country. I could also be oblivious to what is going on outside the majority of the time as I'm pretty much at home 6 days of the week and go out once a week for groceries and a hike. I know everyone loves to use the argument that Vancouver is doing better than other places hence why their restrictions are less than that of other places. Bcrdukes, what does it look like outside?

From what I've read here, most of RS is of the same mindset and wouldn't fall into those aforementioned types of people, just curious if anyone else feels the same. That yea you could follow the bare minimum or maybe put a little more effort into reducing the risk to you and others.

Just to be clear, I have no issues with people going to gyms, hikes, etc. It just doesn't seem right that some people are still hanging out/dining with people from multiple households frequently with no signs of social distancing or other precautions. People hosting friends in their cramped 1 bedroom apartments sharing food with each other (like hotpot, wtf?). Whatever happened to those socially distanced park birthday celebrations? I just see normal ones now like nothing has changed. They even just take one picture with all their masks on but then all the other pictures there isn't a mask in sight.

I'll probably get some fails for this post, so I'll just start it off.
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-28-2020, 12:06 PM   #710
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,376 Times in 1,228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
Is there still a pandemic in Vancouver? /s

I see a lot of iNfLuEnCeRs (and people I know of/know personally) on social media dining together, sharing food, hanging out like normal with the only difference is wearing a mask to and from the destination.

Non of that would really fly over here so I guess that's why it's strange to see even after things have gotten a bit worse all around the country. I could also be oblivious to what is going on outside the majority of the time as I'm pretty much at home 6 days of the week and go out once a week for groceries and a hike. I know everyone loves to use the argument that Vancouver is doing better than other places hence why their restrictions are less than that of other places. Bcrdukes, what does it look like outside?

From what I've read here, most of RS is of the same mindset and wouldn't fall into those aforementioned types of people, just curious if anyone else feels the same. That yea you could follow the bare minimum or maybe put a little more effort into reducing the risk to you and others.

Just to be clear, I have no issues with people going to gyms, hikes, etc. It just doesn't seem right that some people are still hanging out/dining with people from multiple households frequently with no signs of social distancing or other precautions. People hosting friends in their cramped 1 bedroom apartments sharing food with each other (like hotpot, wtf?). Whatever happened to those socially distanced park birthday celebrations? I just see normal ones now like nothing has changed. They even just take one picture with all their masks on but then all the other pictures there isn't a mask in sight.

I'll probably get some fails for this post, so I'll just start it off.
Turn off your social media. Better yet, post on each and every one of those pics telling them what you really think and that you'll be unfollowing/unfriending/whatever twitter does because of their behavior. Make it known and shame everyone else who reads it and thinks the same.

This kind of behavior from Influencers and their ilk feeds on attention so the more this catches on the more it'll stop.

That's the hope

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 12:12 PM   #711
My homepage has been set to RS

We have been back in the office since the start of July. I work in the office 4 days a week and at home on Fridays. It is fine as we all have our own offices - I can close my door and do my thing and social distance. I like having my huge monitor, chair, desk, etc.

But I don't understand why we need to be in the office at all, boomer boss wants to see his employees working I guess. I miss the 20 second commute and lunches on the couch

The thing that drives me crazy is there is no Covid-19 protocol at all in the office. Masks are encouraged but not mandated. Usually I am the only one wearing a mask.
Liquid_o2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 12:14 PM   #712
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
Turn off your social media. Better yet, post on each and every one of those pics telling them what you really think and that you'll be unfollowing/unfriending/whatever twitter does because of their behavior. Make it known and shame everyone else who reads it and thinks the same.

This kind of behavior from Influencers and their ilk feeds on attention so the more this catches on the more it'll stop.

That's the hope
You're right, that's the only thing that will work. Going to resign from my full-time job tomorrow morning to pursue this.
Old 10-28-2020, 12:25 PM   #713
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
If your couch is firm I suggest getting a lumbar roll. They are cheap on amazon etc. And correct posture and reduce strain. I use one when driving longer distances and it a a life saver
i was going to suggest something like that and/or a back massager mat that you can put on a chair. support AND massage options

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 12:40 PM   #714
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,793 Times in 1,761 Posts
I'm back in the office full time this starting this week. There was no pressure from management, I just decided to do it myself. My boss still works from home 2 days a week.

Being at home for the summer was a nice change, but I like my old routine. Besides now that it's fall, running my house furnace just to keep me warm all day would be expensive, heat is free and plentiful at the office
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 01:05 PM   #715
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
I'm back in the office full time this starting this week. There was no pressure from management, I just decided to do it myself. My boss still works from home 2 days a week.

Being at home for the summer was a nice change, but I like my old routine. Besides now that it's fall, running my house furnace just to keep me warm all day would be expensive, heat is free and plentiful at the office
^Once you factor in gas/car insurance/commuting time etc etc. I think the heating cost is minimal in comparison lol
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 01:09 PM   #716

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
^Once you factor in gas/car insurance/commuting time etc etc. I think the heating cost is minimal in comparison lol
Well my commute is 1.5km on foot.

But I do eat a lot of Cruciferous vegetables (kale, cabbage, broccoli etc) so I make a lot of gas.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

Old 10-28-2020, 01:13 PM   #717
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,376 Times in 1,228 Posts
Plus you can claim a part of your heating/hydro costs on a T2200 tax form.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-28-2020, 01:36 PM   #718

Quote:
I'm not sure about that. Working from home was never a condition/requirement of my employment. The office was always open, employees were just given the option if they so choosed, it was never mandatory.

I do get a T2200 for my car allowance, even though I can probably count on one hand how many times I've used my car for work this year. (I can probably count on two hands how many times I've used my car at all this year)
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

Old 10-28-2020, 02:00 PM   #719
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,849 Times in 886 Posts
Quote:
If you get a T2200....
bobbinka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 11:10 PM   #720

Thanked 4,530 Times in 1,518 Posts
Bumping this thread for anyone who is interested in getting an Autonomous Ai standing desk - don't. DIY assembly required, but I didn't expect needing to drill new holes. Product fitment is pretty crap. Holes don't line up, used my M12 to drill new holes/force it in LOL. The cord covers are pretty loose and cheap feeling. If they were going to cheap out, I would rather them supply the plastic black ones instead of this fake metal shit.
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-24-2020, 11:23 AM   #721
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,762 Times in 904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbinka View Post
If you get a T2200....
Didn't they come out with a new process where it doesn't involve a T2200?

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-24-2020, 11:41 AM   #722

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Approaching end of the year and 9 months working from work, starting to feel the negativity side. Noticed more and more time where I'm literally glued to my desk and posture not good (even using a good chair). Some fucking reason work becoming busier and busier and work hours longer than usual...
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 11:59 AM   #723
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,762 Times in 904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
Approaching end of the year and 9 months working from work, starting to feel the negativity side. Noticed more and more time where I'm literally glued to my desk and posture not good (even using a good chair). Some fucking reason work becoming busier and busier and work hours longer than usual...
Also interesting to see that the amount of work one does goes in either direction. Of course you might do less work because of distractions but I've heard some people do way more work because even in their "off hours" they will just go on the computer and do stuff because it's that convenient. I'm definitely not the ladder lol. I'd say on any given day I can be either to some degree and overall it averages out. I only choose to do 2 days from home though, anymore I can't take it.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 12:17 AM   #724
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,193 Times in 1,017 Posts
Work gave us the week off between Christmas and New Years. Part of the reasoning was half the company was taking it off anyways, the other part was management can feel the tension, and then some more was some people just not taking time off. Just shut everything down except for front line support. But even those aren't seeing much action.

We are confirmed to WFH until at least the summer. Most ppl at work are either last or close to last in line for the vaccine and it doesn't seem likely that we'll be vaccinated by the summer, if not even by end of 2021. Most people are expecting to WFH all of 2021. I asked about families with children as the vaccines aren't approved for under 16, and they also can't confirm that getting the vaccine guarantees you won't be carrying and be contagious. This opened up the conversation that anyone who has kids probably won't head in until the vaccine is universally approved for use.

We were allowed to expense $300 for whatever extra equipment we want for home. Probably ordering a sit stand desk. Wife is happy with her Effydesk and looking to get another one.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 08:42 AM   #725
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,341 Times in 970 Posts
WFM has a few things
1) do set specific time for breakfast / lunch and / dinner. You NEED your time to fuel up.
2) DON'T feel guilty going on a break; we all miss our office banter so don't feel bad when you need to take a 10 min break AWAY from your desk.
3) my laptop does NOT leave my work office. TV is TV, kitchen is kitchen. Shall never bring work all around the house. (maybe when i'm taking a shit over a boring zoom).

Our work has "suggested" 12-12:45 a no work meeting regiment. Go eat, go for a walk, go do SOMETHING instead of work. It's not bad, we got people msg each other and some are jumping on their peloton etc.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote