REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > House and Home Renovations

House and Home Renovations THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Designing your new condo or townhouse? Renovating your kitchen? Share your photos and project ideas with other experts here! We're not just modifying our cars anymore..

Old 08-13-2020, 11:38 PM   #76
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,752 Times in 1,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Well, my Blomberg dishwasher decided to quit on me last night. FML.
It's a bit of premium, but I swear by Miele's DW after my parents' dw (LG one) went kaput and we switched to Miele followed the technician's recommendation. He didn't sell them, so there was no conflict of interest... well... it worked so well that we never needed his service ever again for a good 5+yrs.

His explanation was that many brands use a lot of plastic parts in them to save cost, while Miele uses mostly stainless steel for those equivalent parts.

And it also had the lowest power consumption while really does a good job cleaning dishes.

I'd recommend to take a look at them if you are shopping for a new one.
Advertisement
Old 08-14-2020, 04:53 AM   #77
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,504 Times in 4,308 Posts
That's my conundrum - I've sold my place, so I need to get this dishwasher fixed (or buy a new one.) My new place has literally brand new Whirlpool appliances (not Maytag as I previously posted.) My only course of action is to see if the store the owner bought them from will take them back in exchange for a credit to be applied to something like a Miele, but they will probably tell me to drop dead. I'll give it a shot this weekend.

Any how, back to my Blomberg dishwasher - It's been good...up until now. And you are right, it seems like it's mostly plastic components based on what I can find from a parts list/diagram, but my only suspicion now is the float, pump, or filter internally where something is clogged. I'd take it apart but there are no diagrams or anything, so rather than break it even more, I'm going to have to bite the bullet and let a technician do his job. That, and getting Blomberg parts is NOT easy. Thank goodness for 5 year warranty.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 08:33 AM   #78
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,914 Times in 3,874 Posts
If you're getting rid of the Whirlpool at your new place why not swap it into your old place and save on whatever a tech charges to fix the Blomberg?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 09:16 AM   #79
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Well, my Blomberg dishwasher decided to quit on me last night. FML.
I've heard pretty bad things about Blomberg dishwashers. How old was it?

My Feedback

Blah™
Hakkaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 09:54 AM   #80
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
If you're getting rid of the Whirlpool at your new place why not swap it into your old place and save on whatever a tech charges to fix the Blomberg?
I don't take possession of the new place until October. Can't just waltz right in when I want to and take stuff out at my convenience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakkaboy View Post
I've heard pretty bad things about Blomberg dishwashers. How old was it?
It's about 4 and a bit years old, coming on to 5. To be fair, I use it a lot, so this could be a matter of wear and tear, or more realistically, user error.

I don't know anyone with Blomberg, so I have no way to compare experiences. My neighbours don't really use their dishwasher so, this is a tough one. Will find out next week!
Old 08-18-2020, 01:01 PM   #81
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,815 Times in 341 Posts
omg i just noticed this thread.. I just bought all new appliances last week

I was debating between a french door samsung fridge or LG fridge. Good thing i went with LG... hope it lasts long.

Went with a Bosch dishwasher SHSM63W55N. Currently rated top overall dishwasher on many websites and a Bosch 30 inch range. Bosch currently has an Instant rebate from manufacturer. Save lots of $$$

Also picked up a Broan wall mount hood range. My duct is just 5 inches which is kinda fail so I just got a 500 CFM hood range.

2018 Golf R MK7.5 (Daily)
2001 S2000 (Weekend Warrior)
1991 Merc 300 TE-24 AMG Estate - Sold
2005 STi - Sold
1987 AE86 GTS - Sold
1986 AE86 GTS - Sold
gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 12:50 PM   #82
RS Veteran

Update for those of you who are curious for my Blomberg dishwasher.

Turns out the drain pump had cracked due to wear and tear. I didn't get a chance to take a picture of it, but the housing cracked, while the impeller was perfectly fine. Looks like I've got the BMW of dishwashers.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
Old 08-22-2020, 11:23 AM   #83
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,325 Times in 5,641 Posts
So this is a review basically of the "Geeksquad" extended warrantee. I've posted on a few sites in order to give a heads up for anyone else

Personally I had an amazing experience in-store at bestbuy Metrotown dealing with the sales manager for appliances there. he was excellent and my gripe isn't with him or the Metrotown location at all, its all to do with the warrantee:

In 2016 I purchased 2 entire kitchen suites from BestBuy Metrotown. One higher end set for my home with Kitchenaid Gas range, dish, fridge and then lower end electric set for my suite. The experience in-store was great I dealt with the manager there and he was fantastic. My Beef is with the extended geeksquad warrantee, which cost approx $1100 for 5 year extended on both sets.

The igniters on my range went about a year ago and I just couldn't be bothered to call in. Finally I had some time and dug out my receipts. I had every receipt in a folder except the range receipt.. so I went to Bestbuy Metrotown and got a re-print of the receipt. When he gave it to me he asked if I had exchanged my original range, I said no, the range I have now is the one I've had since delivery etc. He then said that it looked it was damaged at the warehouse and then a different one was ordered in and delivered. To his credit he said that he could look into it further if there was any issue, however, its not very convenient for me to have to return in-store to deal with this, especially in these times.

Upon calling in to the geeksquad warantee I was informed that since the range I had the receipt for was an exchange the warrantee did not transfer and I was not eligible for a claim on it...

I then spent almost 2 hours over 2 different calls having to explain this situation twice in order for them to finally realize what had happened and why it was in fact still under warrantee. I had every single receipt number, every transaction ID, every model number, and the email associated with my bestbuy account.

Now, finally when the geeksquad sorted it out, they then send the info over to "Trans Global" who is there service contractor for any work to be performed.

I then took 4 phone calls from Trans Global attempting to setup the repair. I gave them the case number, as well as the model and serial number for my range THREE TIMES. finally the day comes for the service appointment. The technician shows up and right away he says he was expecting an Electrolux range. After I had specifically said kitchenaid from the beginning, provided serial and model, etc. He then informed me that the parts were not in yet and we would have to book yet another appointment, and left.

Frankly, I could only imagine the absolute nightmare you would experience if you had a critical issue which needed to be addressed immediately like your fridge breaking down etc. My issue is for a simple igniter problem and it has been an absolute headache from start to finish.

I DO NOT recommend using the geeksquad service plan for anything, and frankly, even at the "reasonable" amount they charge, I think you're far better off saving the money and having a private service company repair any issue you may experience as opposed to going through this circus of headaches to address any warrantee issue.
Old 08-29-2020, 09:23 AM   #84
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
So this is a review basically of the "Geeksquad" extended warrantee. I've posted on a few sites in order to give a heads up for anyone else

Personally I had an amazing experience in-store at bestbuy Metrotown dealing with the sales manager for appliances there. he was excellent and my gripe isn't with him or the Metrotown location at all, its all to do with the warrantee:

In 2016 I purchased 2 entire kitchen suites from BestBuy Metrotown. One higher end set for my home with Kitchenaid Gas range, dish, fridge and then lower end electric set for my suite. The experience in-store was great I dealt with the manager there and he was fantastic. My Beef is with the extended geeksquad warrantee, which cost approx $1100 for 5 year extended on both sets.

The igniters on my range went about a year ago and I just couldn't be bothered to call in. Finally I had some time and dug out my receipts. I had every receipt in a folder except the range receipt.. so I went to Bestbuy Metrotown and got a re-print of the receipt. When he gave it to me he asked if I had exchanged my original range, I said no, the range I have now is the one I've had since delivery etc. He then said that it looked it was damaged at the warehouse and then a different one was ordered in and delivered. To his credit he said that he could look into it further if there was any issue, however, its not very convenient for me to have to return in-store to deal with this, especially in these times.

Upon calling in to the geeksquad warantee I was informed that since the range I had the receipt for was an exchange the warrantee did not transfer and I was not eligible for a claim on it...

I then spent almost 2 hours over 2 different calls having to explain this situation twice in order for them to finally realize what had happened and why it was in fact still under warrantee. I had every single receipt number, every transaction ID, every model number, and the email associated with my bestbuy account.

Now, finally when the geeksquad sorted it out, they then send the info over to "Trans Global" who is there service contractor for any work to be performed.

I then took 4 phone calls from Trans Global attempting to setup the repair. I gave them the case number, as well as the model and serial number for my range THREE TIMES. finally the day comes for the service appointment. The technician shows up and right away he says he was expecting an Electrolux range. After I had specifically said kitchenaid from the beginning, provided serial and model, etc. He then informed me that the parts were not in yet and we would have to book yet another appointment, and left.

Frankly, I could only imagine the absolute nightmare you would experience if you had a critical issue which needed to be addressed immediately like your fridge breaking down etc. My issue is for a simple igniter problem and it has been an absolute headache from start to finish.

I DO NOT recommend using the geeksquad service plan for anything, and frankly, even at the "reasonable" amount they charge, I think you're far better off saving the money and having a private service company repair any issue you may experience as opposed to going through this circus of headaches to address any warrantee issue.

GeekSquad is not authorized by manufacturers to do any warranty services or claim.
Don't know how and why they sell extended GeekSquad warranty.

Manufacturers only authorize certain local service companies to service their products.

such as
- Totem Appliance
- Priority Appliance
- Trans Global
- Consumer Refrigeration & Appliances Service Ltd.
- Pacific Specialty Brands
- Shoreline Appliances
...etc.

Warranty service claim can be nightmares if you do it your own.
And
As i know, BESTBUY will not help client to claim manufacturers warranty.

Last edited by ime2006; 08-29-2020 at 09:32 AM.
ime2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 06:59 PM   #85
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Bought a new top load GE washer from Home Depot April 2019, now it's acting fucked up (the day I have the most laundry LOL). Went online to submit for repair technician since I am still covered under GE 2-year warranty (cross fingers nothing comes out of my pocket $$$).

Dumped all my laundry/detergent in, closed the lid and hit start button. The latch lever locks the door and all the green lights are blacked out and the water fills for a few seconds and stops. Door latch releases....Kept trying and eventually gave up. 30 minutes though I'd give it another run, this time finally fills with water and washes; however, it would stop part way and the latch makes this clicking sound a few times before it stops. Hit the start button again and washes continue until it drains, at this point it skips the rinse and goes directly to the spin cycle where it fills and drains and rocks violently. Shut this POS off and rinse my clothes with my hands LOL. Spent 1.5 hours trying to wash my fucking clothes.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-30-2020, 07:45 PM   #86
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
Bought a new top load GE washer from Home Depot April 2019, now it's acting fucked up (the day I have the most laundry LOL). Went online to submit for repair technician since I am still covered under GE 2-year warranty (cross fingers nothing comes out of my pocket $$$).
Brace yourself for the amount of back and forth calls/emails with MABE (they deal with the warranty). Also, if you can ask for a technician from Totem instead of Platinum Appliance.
cafe22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 08:20 PM   #87
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cafe22 View Post
Brace yourself for the amount of back and forth calls/emails with MABE (they deal with the warranty). Also, if you can ask for a technician from Totem instead of Platinum Appliance.
I selected Consumer Refrigeration as that depot is closest to my home and they seem to have positive google reviews 4 stars. Wish me luck, FFFFFFF.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 08:32 PM   #88
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,192 Times in 481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ime2006 View Post
GeekSquad is not authorized by manufacturers to do any warranty services or claim.
Don't know how and why they sell extended GeekSquad warranty.

Manufacturers only authorize certain local service companies to service their products.

such as
- Totem Appliance
- Priority Appliance
- Trans Global
- Consumer Refrigeration & Appliances Service Ltd.
- Pacific Specialty Brands
- Shoreline Appliances
...etc.

Warranty service claim can be nightmares if you do it your own.
And
As i know, BESTBUY will not help client to claim manufacturers warranty.

Does this mean if someone buys best buy warranty, bestbuy just calls the warranty company on your behalf and doesn't actually offer anything on top of the manufacturer?
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 12:48 PM   #89
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
when buying dishwashers, who do you guys use for the plumbing/electrical connection? whomever the store is partnered with or someone specific? i've been considering replacing my dishwasher that i currently only use as a dish rack

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 01:40 PM   #90
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
i've been considering replacing my dishwasher that i currently only use as a dish rack
You know you're Asian when...

Maybe it's where I am, but based on my recent experience, most stores will not refer you to anyone. They may have an in-house team, or subcontract the installation work to someone for brand new installations. For repairs, they pretty much tell me to take a hike and to call the manufacturer.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
Old 08-31-2020, 02:20 PM   #91
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
I just used Home Depot’s contractor. HD’s price was ~$200 installed including removal/recycling of the old unit. Nice/knowledgeable guy who I might get to install a new garburator so got his contact info that he technically wasn’t supposed to share.

PM if you want his details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 04:09 PM   #92
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,914 Times in 3,874 Posts
If you're comfortable with DIY a dishwasher is pretty simple. 1 water line, 1 drain line, 1 plug/3 wires and a couple screws.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 09:04 PM   #93
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
I just used Home Depot’s contractor. HD’s price was ~$200 installed including removal/recycling of the old unit. Nice/knowledgeable guy who I might get to install a new garburator so got his contact info that he technically wasn’t supposed to share.

PM if you want his details.
Details on the garburator, please. I'm on the fence on getting one, but unsure of the benefits, and any on-going maintenance costs. Thanks in advance!

Old 09-03-2020, 09:55 AM   #94

Lol so to follow up with my “extended geek squad warantee” I hadn’t heard anything still until yesterday so I wasted like 2 hours on hold and got hung up on twice

Finally call geek squad directly and give them the reference number and the guy, to his credit, was very helpful and tells me oh..we rejected the claim because it doesn’t make financial sense to repair so you’re getting a replacement..

The range was like $3000...it makes more sense to give me a brand new $3000 range than fix a basic igniter system for the burners? Lol ok..

I still won’t believe it until it happens but we will see..
Old 09-05-2020, 06:23 PM   #95
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM_DC5 View Post
Does this mean if someone buys best buy warranty, bestbuy just calls the warranty company on your behalf and doesn't actually offer anything on top of the manufacturer?
I would say yes,
but i have not read BestBuy's warranty policy. Not sure what else they offer.
ime2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 07:26 PM   #96
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
Quote:
Details on the garburator, please. I'm on the fence on getting one, but unsure of the benefits, and any on-going maintenance costs. Thanks in advance!
I’m just replacing the unit that came with my house. When the dishwasher runs, dirty water sometimes fills one of the sinks a little since it died. We’ve been manually cranking it to drain the sink which isn’t much work but no fun.

Luckily this is the same unit and ~$60 less on amazon than Home Depot and other big box retailers : https://www.amazon.ca/InSinkErator-B.../dp/B00ZZN316C

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 07:22 PM   #97
RS Veteran

@ Hehe - Eff you, you bastard.

Went to the Miele Experience Centre in Vaughan today. Their dishwashers are fucking NICE. But the one I would like costs $1899. God damn. I walked out with their CX1 bagless vacuum cleaner (By the way, the cat and dog model is $250 off until October 8, and adds on a 5 year warranty!)

@ Hehe - Do your parents use the Miele dish tablets? The cost of ownership and operation seem quite high compared to the rest. I normally use Quantum Max tablets, and they work quite well, and are often cost effective.

Old 10-02-2020, 06:02 PM   #98

So I went directly into BestBuy station square today, spoke to the appliance manager who came with me to the GeekSquad section to speak with their manager

The ducking clowns in store basically phone the same line customers do and explain the same thing I have written down on my timeline. Turns out my case was closed by BB, was never informed, no email, nothing

So she gets them to reopen it and tries to get me to leave saying she will follow up. I wait until she hears back from the, presumably, offshore geeksquad manager on the phone.

She then tells me to wait another 3-5 business days LOL, you ducking useless peons..this is now the 4th time I’ve been told to wait 3-5 days and it’s now been 26 days since first being told to wait 1-3

Next time it’s just straight to the GM/Store manager and start yelling...at least on my way out some clown was trying to up sell a woman on all the geek squad shit for a computer she was looking at and I interrupted them and told her straight up do not buy from here, it’s insanely bad service etc. And she walked on a $1400 computer lol..
Old 10-02-2020, 07:50 PM   #99
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,904 Times in 751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
So I went directly into BestBuy station square today, spoke to the appliance manager who came with me to the GeekSquad section to speak with their manager

The ducking clowns in store basically phone the same line customers do and explain the same thing I have written down on my timeline. Turns out my case was closed by BB, was never informed, no email, nothing

So she gets them to reopen it and tries to get me to leave saying she will follow up. I wait until she hears back from the, presumably, offshore geeksquad manager on the phone.

She then tells me to wait another 3-5 business days LOL, you ducking useless peons..this is now the 4th time I’ve been told to wait 3-5 days and it’s now been 26 days since first being told to wait 1-3

Next time it’s just straight to the GM/Store manager and start yelling...at least on my way out some clown was trying to up sell a woman on all the geek squad shit for a computer she was looking at and I interrupted them and told her straight up do not buy from here, it’s insanely bad service etc. And she walked on a $1400 computer lol..
Old 10-02-2020, 07:51 PM   #100
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,752 Times in 1,182 Posts
Quote:
@ Hehe - Eff you, you bastard.

Went to the Miele Experience Centre in Vaughan today. Their dishwashers are fucking NICE. But the one I would like costs $1899. God damn. I walked out with their CX1 bagless vacuum cleaner (By the way, the cat and dog model is $250 off until October 8, and adds on a 5 year warranty!)

@ Hehe - Do your parents use the Miele dish tablets? The cost of ownership and operation seem quite high compared to the rest. I normally use Quantum Max tablets, and they work quite well, and are often cost effective.
Didn't check back to this thread.

No... they just use the Costco one... perfect every time.