REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > House and Home Renovations

House and Home Renovations THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Designing your new condo or townhouse? Renovating your kitchen? Share your photos and project ideas with other experts here! We're not just modifying our cars anymore..

Old 10-03-2020, 11:58 AM   #101
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,319 Times in 5,638 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jing View Post
Lol..the managers are seemingly as incompetent as everyone else at BB..

What pisses me off the most is that if I wasn’t hounding them over this shit I guarantee you my case would just be closed and forgotten
Advertisement
Old 10-05-2020, 06:53 AM   #102
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
Didn't check back to this thread.

No... they just use the Costco one... perfect every time.
Thanks for that.

Hard water and different water sources are a bit of a problem in Ontario. I have to hold off on the Miele stuff until renovations are under way. Currently in the planning stage.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 01:00 PM   #103
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,815 Times in 341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
So I went directly into BestBuy station square today, spoke to the appliance manager who came with me to the GeekSquad section to speak with their manager

The ducking clowns in store basically phone the same line customers do and explain the same thing I have written down on my timeline. Turns out my case was closed by BB, was never informed, no email, nothing

So she gets them to reopen it and tries to get me to leave saying she will follow up. I wait until she hears back from the, presumably, offshore geeksquad manager on the phone.

She then tells me to wait another 3-5 business days LOL, you ducking useless peons..this is now the 4th time I’ve been told to wait 3-5 days and it’s now been 26 days since first being told to wait 1-3

Next time it’s just straight to the GM/Store manager and start yelling...at least on my way out some clown was trying to up sell a woman on all the geek squad shit for a computer she was looking at and I interrupted them and told her straight up do not buy from here, it’s insanely bad service etc. And she walked on a $1400 computer lol..

dang bro. that really really sucks. keep us updated.

2018 Golf R MK7.5 (Daily)
2001 S2000 (Weekend Warrior)
1991 Merc 300 TE-24 AMG Estate - Sold
2005 STi - Sold
1987 AE86 GTS - Sold
1986 AE86 GTS - Sold
gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 08:51 AM   #104
Rs has made me the man i am today!

The stove in my rental unit broke, burner won't turn on. Whirlpool electric range just over 12months old, we bought extended warranty thru trail whose warranty provider is comerco and comerco repair agent is transglobal. They have us booked for end of October, until then the tenant is out of 2 main burners on their stove.

Goggle searched both comerco and transglobal turned up quite a few negative reviews. Did some research and found that there aren't any rules or regulations on a reasonable time frame that a company has to come and service an item under warranty. So technically speaking, they could schedule you in in 3 months time and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Imagine you have a leaking fridge or washing machine and have to wait that long to get it serviced.

Anyway, for me next time I purchse any extended warranty on big item,I would definitely do my research on who the warranty provider/service agent is before considering.
-"--"-
Doubl3_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 01:21 PM   #105
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,341 Times in 970 Posts
My tenant, i go and grabbed a 2nd hand replacement. It's only 180-250.

I called a mechanic and it costed me 300 dollar to fix stuff so i'm no longer do that and just do quick swap and replace.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 02:59 PM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilly View Post
dang bro. that really really sucks. keep us updated.
So i go into BestBuy today because somone finally called me back to say its now at the store level and to come in to pick the range i want to exchange for.

I go in and speak with customer service, she pulls out the claim slip, and the exchange is approved for a "White Westinghouse" Range for the amount of $438.. a Range i purchased around the same time, however was on a completely different receipt, and which i never once mentioned in this 3.5 months of waiting, nor was it the model the service tech from Trans Global came to my home and inspected...the Kitchenaid range in question was $2600

Cant tell if this is just an attempt to not accept my claim, or it's just so fucked up beyond repair in their system now with different receipts etc. nothing will ever come of it.. the second she showed me that page with the WestingHouse range i couldnt do anything but laugh

I spoke with the Manager of the entire store as well as the manager for appliances and have forwarded her my time line for this.. going on 4 months
Old 10-09-2020, 03:29 PM   #107
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubl3_H View Post
The stove in my rental unit broke, burner won't turn on. Whirlpool electric range just over 12months old, we bought extended warranty thru trail whose warranty provider is comerco and comerco repair agent is transglobal. They have us booked for end of October, until then the tenant is out of 2 main burners on their stove.

Goggle searched both comerco and transglobal turned up quite a few negative reviews. Did some research and found that there aren't any rules or regulations on a reasonable time frame that a company has to come and service an item under warranty. So technically speaking, they could schedule you in in 3 months time and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Imagine you have a leaking fridge or washing machine and have to wait that long to get it serviced.

Anyway, for me next time I purchse any extended warranty on big item,I would definitely do my research on who the warranty provider/service agent is before considering.
if it was within 12 months, on its original warranty, then the experience should different, right? Does Trail service anything themselves? I thought they did...but maybe not

FYI for everyone reading this, Costco appliances comes with 2 years manufacturer warranty instead of the standard 1

My Feedback

Blah™
Hakkaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2020, 11:43 AM   #108
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakkaboy View Post
if it was within 12 months, on its original warranty, then the experience should different, right? Does Trail service anything themselves? I thought they did...but maybe not

FYI for everyone reading this, Costco appliances comes with 2 years manufacturer warranty instead of the standard 1
Thanks for the tip on the Costco warranty. I did not know this. The price also includes delivery and installation, and haul away. The Maytag washer dryer I have at my place is pretty beat up, and not worth repairing (costs more than the damn units themselves now) so I'm going to replace my washer/dryer sooner than anticipated in preparation for my renovation.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
Old 10-14-2020, 03:22 PM   #109
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Thanks for the tip on the Costco warranty. I did not know this. The price also includes delivery and installation, and haul away. The Maytag washer dryer I have at my place is pretty beat up, and not worth repairing (costs more than the damn units themselves now) so I'm going to replace my washer/dryer sooner than anticipated in preparation for my renovation.
correct. I've noticed that pretty much all appliances cost the same everywhere, and they all change prices all exactly the same time, just like gas. They are probably controlled by the same distributor, and "regular" prices do go up and down.

There will be the odd extra 10% off here or hidden discounts that you can take advantage of, but the posted prices are always within $5 of each other. Example, home depot/lowes will be $5 cheaper than trail, best buy etc, and Costco.ca will 0.01 less than Home Depot, but include free white gloves delivery + haul away + 2 years warranty.

Also, Costco's extended warranty of 3 years, which brings total coverage to 5 years, will always be cheaper as well. The only thing I have no clue on is when you need that extra warranty, what hoops will you have to go through?

One last thing, if you want a Bosch dishwasher or fridge, Perkopolis is the way to go! 30% off and free delivery (although only to your door and not inside). Fridge is additional 10% off right now, so the 800 series dual compressor fridge mentioned earlier is only $26XX instead of $38XX. Hot! Too bad you have to wait 30-45 days for stock, but still a great savings.

My Feedback

Blah™
Hakkaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2020, 05:36 PM   #110
RS Veteran

Wow, that Bosch deal is pretty sweet. I think I can wait the 30 days or so. I'm just not sure if I want the condensation dryer yet. #fwp

Old 10-15-2020, 01:11 PM   #111

not sure if i mentioned it before or if you brought it up but i have the Bosch laundry pair with the condensing dryer if you have any questions

Personally i love it, never fries your clothes like traditional vented ones
Old 10-19-2020, 07:32 PM   #112
RS Veteran

Quote:
not sure if i mentioned it before or if you brought it up but i have the Bosch laundry pair with the condensing dryer if you have any questions

Personally i love it, never fries your clothes like traditional vented ones
Which models do you have? I'm curious because there are some scorching reviews (pun intended) where people absolutely HATE the dryer, claiming it never dries clothes properly, and that their clothes are still too wet, or come out damp, and have to be dried again.

I am sure there are two sides to the story, and I will go out on a limb to assume it is user error (jamming too many clothes in / too heavy of a load etc.) I just got my tankless hot water system and new air handler (furnace) and ripped out the HRV system which was shared with the current dryer, and has been re-routed. My ideal end state is to have the dryer's vent/duct sealed off completely. Any feedback welcome!

Old 10-21-2020, 12:16 PM   #113

Does anyone have recommendations for a company for appliance installs? My GC recommends someone else to do it because I have a gas range.

Need to install new fridge, dishwasher, gas range, built in micro, hood range.

TIA

2005 STi - Sold
1987 AE86 GTS - Sold
1986 AE86 GTS - Sold
Old 10-21-2020, 02:10 PM   #114
RS Veteran

Is this for a new build or to replace existing appliances in like-for-like locations?

Surprised your GC can't install the gas range, unless they don't have anyone certified, or did you get red tagged? haha

Old 10-21-2020, 08:22 PM   #115
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,065 Times in 1,251 Posts
bestbuy HO is my market crossing... just sayin... LOL

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-22-2020, 10:02 AM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Is this for a new build or to replace existing appliances in like-for-like locations?

Surprised your GC can't install the gas range, unless they don't have anyone certified, or did you get red tagged? haha
Completely demo'd renovated my kitchen. I think they dont have anyone certified to install gas ranges.

2005 STi - Sold
1987 AE86 GTS - Sold
1986 AE86 GTS - Sold
Old 10-22-2020, 12:05 PM   #117

It’s a two sided threaded hose.. lol are you suppose to be certified to install a range? I’ve moved and removed mine a bunch of times. Only thing my plumber/has fitter said was that after the second time removing the connector hose from the feed to the range he’d buy another one just because you’re probably bending/twisting the old one to get it off

Last edited by Hondaracer; 10-22-2020 at 12:11 PM.
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-25-2020, 10:21 AM   #118
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
It’s a two sided threaded hose.. lol are you suppose to be certified to install a range? I’ve moved and removed mine a bunch of times. Only thing my plumber/has fitter said was that after the second time removing the connector hose from the feed to the range he’d buy another one just because you’re probably bending/twisting the old one to get it off
Make sure you get gas permit from the city.
Its a legal requirement in BC

https://www.technicalsafetybc.ca/per...eowner-permits
ime2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 03:20 PM   #119
RS Veteran

^
This

Yes, it's as simple as twisting on/off the connecters, but you still need gas permits regardless. If something should ever happen (and heaven forbids something does) and the gas company comes to see there's no permit or tag, say goodbye to any kind of insurance.

Old 10-27-2020, 08:10 AM   #120

Ok thanks for the input guys !

2005 STi - Sold
1987 AE86 GTS - Sold
1986 AE86 GTS - Sold
Old 12-25-2020, 12:31 PM   #121
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,584 Times in 4,318 Posts
I'm in the market for a new slide in, 30", electric range.

Looking for something basic, reliable and easy to service. Ceramic top, non induction. Any suggestions?

I considered switching to gas cause I cook with a wok a lot but might just get an outdoor, propane burner for maximum heat.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 12:36 PM   #122

Whoops. Double post.

Merry Christmas

fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol

RSUV #7
Old 12-25-2020, 01:17 PM   #123
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,041 Times in 2,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
I'm in the market for a new slide in, 30", electric range.

Looking for something basic, reliable and easy to service. Ceramic top, non induction. Any suggestions?

I considered switching to gas cause I cook with a wok a lot but might just get an outdoor, propane burner for maximum heat.
Gas all the way if you are seriously considering it. You won’t regret it.

Merry Christmas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-27-2020, 12:05 PM   #124

Ugghhh... Looks like Garland/Bluestar has all the features I want and nothing I don't but cotdamn, that pricetag.

RSUV #7
Old 01-02-2021, 01:42 PM   #125
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,184 Times in 479 Posts
Where's a good place found scratch and dent appliances?
SSM_DC5 is online now   Reply With Quote