REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-17-2020, 08:34 AM   #51
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,743 Times in 3,864 Posts
Is this thread real or just a joke. It’s a brand new car being parked indoors in the mildest Canadian city. Just fucking put gas in it and call it a day.
Advertisement
Old 10-17-2020, 09:14 AM   #52
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,046 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Is this thread real or just a joke. It’s a brand new car being parked indoors in the mildest Canadian city. Just fucking put gas in it and call it a day.
Don’t hate on people wanting to take care of their stuff. I don’t understand why you’re fixated on the fact that it’s a “new” car. Problems on modern cars are increasingly difficult and expensive to diagnose if something goes wrong.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-17-2020, 10:00 AM   #53
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,436 Times in 4,279 Posts
The guy is just trying to take care of his car as best as he can. Loosen up, jeez.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 11:07 AM   #54
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,792 Times in 3,326 Posts
Just keep battery charged and put it away.

Been doing that to my BMWs without any problems.

13' Nissan DBA-R35 GT-R Black Ed - Black met. - "Sophia"

00' Acura 1.6EL - // Power of dreams Project - "Unity"

02' Nissan M35 Stagea - "Wynn"

91' Honda EF Civic CX - "Xander"

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 11:59 AM   #55
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,743 Times in 3,864 Posts
This isn’t a case of the OP, he asked a fine question. But it’s in a secured garage yet you’re talking about springs sagging, electrical problems, fucking wheel boots?? If his bmw starts to die in 3 months of storage (since modern cars are increasingly difficult and expensive to diagnose as per Gumby) good luck with the other years of ownership.

Edit: fill it with good gas, clean it really well and get a car cover. Fresh oil, Start it once and month and get it up to full operating temperature if you want or just get a trickle charger. If you’re taking insurance off of it, get storage insurance for $14/mo in case it burns your house down. /thread
Old 10-17-2020, 01:35 PM   #56
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,978 Times in 1,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
The only time it would ever wake up and hit someone is when yray posts on Revsecne. Jokes aside, say your e-brake fails (not that you should have engaged it while in storage) and it rolls through your garage or condo parking lot and you smash someone else's car, or heaven forbid, a person, and you break their knees. What do you do then without storage insurance?
So just put it in gear and use wheel chocks?

And for oil, should I change it before storing or wait until I start driving it again?
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-17-2020, 02:28 PM   #57
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,785 Times in 3,891 Posts
neutral if manual transmission
oil if it's due do it, if it's pretty fresh leave it alone

Quote:
This isn’t a case of the OP, he asked a fine question. But it’s in a secured garage yet you’re talking about springs sagging, electrical problems, fucking wheel boots?? If his bmw starts to die in 3 months of storage (since modern cars are increasingly difficult and expensive to diagnose as per Gumby) good luck with the other years of ownership.
lol calm down

different lists for different scenarios/length of storage, there's clearly others who's interested to learn more
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 05:37 PM   #58
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
So just put it in gear and use wheel chocks?

And for oil, should I change it before storing or wait until I start driving it again?
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
I saw other people also commented on changing of oil, might seem like overkill, but I change my oil before and after storage, takes only 30 minutes for me to do, and oil is cheap comparatively. My process is like this:

before storage drain the oil and change the filter, refill as normal.
After storage just a drain and fill with new oil (no need for filter as the filter should be nice and newish still).

If you only want to do oil once a year, do it before you store the car, not after. Used oil is slightly acidic, and will wear seals and stuff within motor down.
Quote:

Edit: fill it with good gas, clean it really well and get a car cover. Fresh oil, Start it once and month and get it up to full operating temperature if you want or just get a trickle charger. If you’re taking insurance off of it, get storage insurance for $14/mo in case it burns your house down. /thread
You say this, and it's exactly the case.

I had a 2014 CLA250, on two separate instances when left parked (once for 3 weeks, and once for 5 weeks), some fucking relay in the car gave up the ghost, and the car had to be towed to the dealer.

The dealer told me "The car isn't designed to be left parked for long durations". Both times even with a discount from the dealer, it cost me well over $1000 to fix. I argued with the service writer for so long, that mercedes a company who makes $300K cars, doesn't expect that one of their customers might have many vehicles or leave a vehicle parked while on vacation for multiple weeks, he stared at me like I was stupid and said "no".

Modern cars with all their electronics and shit, are garbage, and unfortunately the systems of computers have become so complex that mechanical issues are rarely the problem, electrical problems are more likely to leave you stranded or with a non-functioning vehicle.

Anyway I sold the piece of crap, and its the last POS BMW or merc I will ever own.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-17-2020, 06:55 PM   #59
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,725 Times in 950 Posts
I mean, it's a Benz and Bmw.

All the fuel stablizers, moth balls, wheel chocks, bounce sheets, trickle chargers, holy water, essential oils, and Himalayan salt lamps are not going to help you.

If the eleronics are going to go from sitting for 3 months in a garage, it prob isent something you did or didn't do lol.

Last edited by trollface; 10-17-2020 at 07:03 PM.
trollface is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-17-2020, 10:25 PM   #60
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,872 Times in 3,849 Posts
Quote:
I had a 2014 CLA250, on two separate instances when left parked (once for 3 weeks, and once for 5 weeks), some fucking relay in the car gave up the ghost, and the car had to be towed to the dealer.
Other than driving it what can you do to prevent it though? I have to doubt the explanation they gave you a bit though because if the relays somehow die after sitting for 3 weeks how do they stock spares in the warehouse?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 09:34 AM   #61
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,572 Times in 4,314 Posts
Quote:
My process is like this:
before storage drain the oil and change the filter, refill as normal.
After storage just a drain and fill with new oil (no need for filter as the filter should be nice and newish still).

If you only want to do oil once a year, do it before you store the car, not after. Used oil is slightly acidic, and will wear seals and stuff within motor down.
BRB dropping off empty oil containers at at meme's house. My Toyota uses anything. Lol

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 10:03 AM   #62
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,062 Times in 1,249 Posts
its a cla

yea, u gotta keep driving Germans or they brick

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 03:06 AM   #63
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
BRB dropping off empty oil containers at at meme's house. My Toyota uses anything. Lol
Lol if you want them I can give em to you, I run castrol or mobil full synth 5w40. Im not even joking, for some reason its almost impossible to get rid of used oil on the north shore, I blame the hippies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trollface View Post
I mean, it's a Benz and Bmw.

All the fuel stablizers, moth balls, wheel chocks, bounce sheets, trickle chargers, holy water, essential oils, and Himalayan salt lamps are not going to help you.

If the eleronics are going to go from sitting for 3 months in a garage, it prob isent something you did or didn't do lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Other than driving it what can you do to prevent it though? I have to doubt the explanation they gave you a bit though because if the relays somehow die after sitting for 3 weeks how do they stock spares in the warehouse?

Your both right, I couldnt find a way to solve the issue, and it was out of warranty, so I sold the piece of crap and cut my losses. Like I said, last merc or bmw I will likely have, unless it was a lease.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread

Last edited by meme405; 10-21-2020 at 03:11 AM.
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote