REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-05-2021, 10:12 AM   #51
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,139 Times in 7,148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD¹³ View Post
Only about 1000 years.

It's well past the point for the Church to lose their tax exemption status. Religious groups like non-profits are given this exemption if they are deemed to create public benefit. They clearly do not. One years worth of property tax on church's in Canada would fund clean drinking water for every indigenous community in the country and then some. It's a start, and they fucking owe it.
The answer is literally this simple. It's a joke that it hasn't already happened.
Advertisement
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 09:07 AM   #52
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Spoiler!
was listening to the news this morning and the pope's statement. this aged well, i immediately thought of this.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-06-2021, 09:15 AM   #53

"Hey, you're organization is directly responsible for the death and abuse of hundreds of thousands of children"
"Oh man yeah that sucks, hopefully someone does something about it" - The Pope
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 06-06-2021, 07:06 PM   #54
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
Trudeau attacking the pope in hopes of directing some of the blame to outside influences. Ultimately, Canada is to blame.

This story really bothers me. As adults, we are responsible for protecting children. All children, no matter who's they are. Every time tears are shed over a dead child because of evil doers, our humanity takes a hit.

I know there are atrocities all over the world, but this was not in some jungle or third world country. These children were taken from their homes and forced to conform....... or suffer consequences. In Canada, a country that is supposed to have rights and freedoms.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 07:46 PM   #55
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,972 Times in 1,896 Posts
I think Canada and the Catholic church should take equal blame. I can see it now, Trudeau blames the pope, the Pope blames Trudeau ....

edit .... already happening.

Canadian archbishop says Trudeau comments on Church's role in residential schools 'unfair'

Trudeau said on Friday the Church needs to "step up" and to take responsibility.

"As a Catholic, I am deeply disappointed by the decision that the Catholic Church has taken now and over the past many years," Trudeau told reporters on Friday.

"I think it might also be good for the government to realize they’re asking us to improve the way we’re responding to this great tragedy, we’re trying, we’re making great progress, but we’ve got a long way to go always, I think the prime minister should look to his own government they also have many things to do," the archbishop said.

Last edited by whitev70r; 06-06-2021 at 08:04 PM.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-06-2021, 08:16 PM   #56

Well, the truth is, here is Trudeau apologizing for something he had no part in, but the organization he represents did.
Here's the pope, refusing to apologize for something, he, personally also had no part in, but the organization he represents did.
Trudeau has every right to be angry about it, Canada has every right to be angry about it, and most importantly indigenous Canadians have every right to be angry about it.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-09-2021, 12:29 AM   #57

Thanked 2,341 Times in 970 Posts
Who send these kids to the church... the government did.

Who paid the churches to operate??? SURELY it wasn't from their own pockets? It was the government.

Remember when residential schools also allowed US citizens to "adopt" these kids? Surely no one wants to adopt black kids. No one wants First Nations kids either. I wonder where the F these kids went. Most likely they disappeared somewhere. These operations were taken place cause money was involved.

There are shit your mgr did that was shady. Company apologized for previous actions, but your boss for sure ain't going to apologize to you.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 07:04 AM   #58
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
my big question is what happens the month after june?..

are they going to other sites now with radar ground detectors to piss more people off about the mass deaths' more than 250 announced.
Old 06-09-2021, 07:25 AM   #59
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,802 Times in 3,898 Posts
what would happen if you refused to let your kids go to these camps?
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 07:29 AM   #60
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
Remember when residential schools also allowed US citizens to "adopt" these kids? Surely no one wants to adopt black kids. No one wants First Nations kids either. I wonder where the F these kids went. Most likely they disappeared somewhere. These operations were taken place cause money was involved.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-09-2021, 08:45 AM   #61
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
what would happen if you refused to let your kids go to these camps?

Old 06-09-2021, 09:22 AM   #62
in the butt

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
Uh, yeah, "proper article". Your dissemination of 'fake news' aside, published articles vs a meme...

[
Hey man, dank memes melt steel beams

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by Badhobz
I saw some bimbo live streaming her coffee order while standing in line. I wanted to slap the phone out of her hand and throw her into the bean grinder
donk. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 09:30 AM   #63
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by donk. View Post
dank memes melt steel beams
can someone explain this reference to me?

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 12:29 PM   #64
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,316 Times in 5,636 Posts
9/11
Old 06-09-2021, 07:31 PM   #65

Thanked 2,341 Times in 970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
WOW, thank you for this. I really enjoyed learning about this. The propaganda is real and holy crap... they way they try to spin the ICWA 1977 act is just another example of how "white standards" are correct.

It's funny. If you live in surrey specials with 12 people you are living in unwell environment. 12 is NOTHING..... again, how the white mentality is the only standard was really a good hidden truth.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 09:34 AM   #66
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,557 Times in 1,708 Posts
Canada is so strange when it comes to how we sternly protect the guilty party's details. I guess it's a blessing and a curse.

Remember the Central Park killer who killed the little girl, allegedly, Ibrahim Ali? The case happened 3 years ago, and still not a single detail about the guy accused. I've tried to follow it for years now, because it's certainly a strange one.

The mass shooter in Nova Scotia, the story now appears to be dead.

The guy who went on a stabbing spree in Lynn Valley, still not a single detail has really been released to the public about him.

With this story, I doubt we'll ever get any concrete information about the man and his motives.

It's such a bizarre aspect about Canada. In the US, by day 3 you know all about the accused, when the last time they farted, their favorite cereal, down to every social media post made.

Here in Canada, the story dies dead, and you never get a single piece of detail thereafter. I understand our privacy laws are different here, but damn, it would be nice to get some closure on some of these cases here.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 10:28 AM   #67
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
Canada is so strange when it comes to how we sternly protect the guilty party's details. I guess it's a blessing and a curse.

Remember the Central Park killer who killed the little girl, allegedly, Ibrahim Ali? The case happened 3 years ago, and still not a single detail about the guy accused. I've tried to follow it for years now, because it's certainly a strange one.

The guy who went on a stabbing spree in Lynn Valley, still not a single detail has really been released to the public about him.

With this story, I doubt we'll ever get any concrete information about the man and his motives.

It's such a bizarre aspect about Canada. In the US, by day 3 you know all about the accused, when the last time they farted, their favorite cereal, down to every social media post made.

Here in Canada, the story dies dead, and you never get a single piece of detail thereafter. I understand our privacy laws are different here, but damn, it would be nice to get some closure on some of these cases here.
Central Park murderer's trial has been adjourned to 2021 so nothing new to update.

Nova Scotia killing appears to be dead in the news because the shooter is dead. Not really much to add to the story.

Lynn Valley accused stabbing suspect
https://bc.ctvnews.ca/north-vancouve...arge-1.5415239
Since they are still going to court, no one will talk about motive.

I do agree though sometimes the media's follow up is brutal but you also don't want all that info out there in the first few days because the info might not be correct or it could affect the trail of the accused.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-10-2021, 10:29 AM   #68
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,904 Times in 3,867 Posts
The US system is terrible though. If the person is found innocent it doesn't matter because their life is already fucked. They get endlessly harassed and abused along with any family they have. Sure it'd be interesting to know the outcome sometimes, but the justice system isn't supposed to be entertainment. Likewise the court of public opinion shouldn't be what is determining guilt or punishment.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-10-2021, 10:52 AM   #69
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,316 Times in 5,636 Posts
I feel like the media here tries not to glorify the killer like the states does. But on the flip side it also seems like they just forget the stories and carry on.

The Newfoundland shooter I wouldn’t doubt there is external pressure to not report the finer details coming out as it makes the govt. and rcmp look terrible and they can no longer position themselves like guns were the issue when the guy is smuggling illegal firearms over the border etc.
Old 06-10-2021, 10:57 AM   #70
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,374 Times in 1,227 Posts
Quote:

Don't forget the guy that killed that Japanese student and left her body at Gabriola Mansion. I thought we'd find out details from the media. But every article I read just says there was NO motive and no indication on how she was killed. The guy was just convicted and sentenced and that's that. Bizarre there's absolutely no follow up.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...ence-1.4889259

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-10-2021, 11:16 AM   #71

By the way, I'm a fuckhead. That post was meant for the Muslim family killing thread.

I'm getting mixed up with all these death posts in the OT here.
Old 06-10-2021, 11:23 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
Don't forget the guy that killed that Japanese student and left her body at Gabriola Mansion. I thought we'd find out details from the media. But every article I read just says there was NO motive and no indication on how she was killed. The guy was just convicted and sentenced and that's that. Bizarre there's absolutely no follow up.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...ence-1.4889259
This is what I mean, very good point.

Same with the Ali one. He was only in the country for 4 months out of Syria, and he ended up killing a little girl in Central Park? It just seems so strange, I always wondered if this was just to grab a perp to close the case. The topic of refugees and immigration is such a hot topic nowadays, you would think we'd hear more about this guy's background after these 3 years, character stories, anything about the guy. Try to search him out, you won't find a single piece of info about him.

I guess why it bothers me is that is seems there's never closure to any of these cases, the Canadian media seems to close shop and move on, there is no decent investigative pieces, perhaps that's the case of Post Media gobbling up and centralizing everything nowadays, who knows.

When I was working in the justice system there was always rumors of serial killers running around in Vancouver, without them ever being solved, thus I'm always curious when these bizarre cases are just closed without any further details divulged.

Given the number of coverups by police in this city in the past, it only emboldens those conspiracy theories (Clifford Olson, Pickton brothers, etc).

I suppose there's more money to be made posting clickbait FB write ups about residents complaining about the long grass growing in Vancouver parks, etc.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-10-2021, 12:25 PM   #73
linguistic ninja

If it bleeds, it leads.

In depth reporting? Got everyone snoring.

This post thanked by:
Old 06-10-2021, 01:29 PM   #74
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,038 Times in 2,075 Posts
CivicBlues posts get rave reviews when he’s talking news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 03:59 PM   #75
linguistic ninja

Whenever the media is a squawkin' they got me talkin' like Johnny Cochrane