REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-13-2021, 07:48 AM   #1
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,504 Times in 1,162 Posts
Acura Announces The Come Back of Integra

https://www-roadandtrack-com.cdn.amp...gra-in-2022%2F

It will go into production some time in 2022.

Hopefully it doesn't end up like the TLX Type S where it was overhyped and under delivered.
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-13-2021, 08:50 AM   #2
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,727 Times in 894 Posts
I saw the teaser pic and not sure if real, considering the civic looks like ass and there's no Honda Integra to base this off of I don't have high hopes.

On the other hand the new countach doe
JDMDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 09:12 AM   #3
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,814 Times in 2,502 Posts
rear bumper sort of reminds me of a last gen prelude the way it portrudes

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 09:36 AM   #4
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 5,613 Times in 1,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
I saw the teaser pic and not sure if real, considering the civic looks like ass and there's no Honda Integra to base this off of I don't have high hopes.

On the other hand the new countach doe
New countach is cool but I feel Lamborghini is milking that aventador chassis. They should of developed something new and excited for the countach.
donjalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-13-2021, 09:42 PM   #5
My homepage has been set to RS

get a new integra girl too
danned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 08:24 AM   #6

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
New Integra = FK8 without cooling issues
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-14-2021, 09:31 AM   #7
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,104 Times in 974 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by white rocket View Post
New Integra = FK8 without cooling issues
This would be perfect for the fk8
https://youtube.com/shorts/L68cAT7rRKI?feature=share
Old 08-14-2021, 09:49 AM   #8

Thanked 2,171 Times in 961 Posts
Wait till Acura lives up once again to overpromising by having the base trim be the NA 2.0L in the Civic and the "performance" trim is the Si's 205hp 1.5T. The only diff with the Civic will be a LSD.

I only partly kid. Even with the newer models coming out they are still an unserious performance or luxury brand - a class bottom turbo V6, no performance trims for the RDX, the sad sack ILX, the barely a Type S NSX.

With all the money they're spending on "bespoke" chassis' for the RDX, TLX, and MDX (and NSX) you'd think they'd be better off just doing one flexible platform for the RDX, TLX, ILX etc.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-14-2021, 10:25 AM   #9

^^ even old man Lexus has F, even though it's not really a competitor to AMG and M. But still would buy because Lexus and won't fall apart.
Old 08-14-2021, 03:42 PM   #10
I don't get it

There's this one person's render now that the teaser was released. The car would be pretty heavy compared to 1990's safety standards

Spoiler!

Last edited by ssjGoku69; 08-14-2021 at 03:48 PM.
ssjGoku69 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-14-2021, 03:54 PM   #11
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I don't know what the market would be for a sport compact coupe like the Integra. The only coupes that seem to sell now are the big 3 muscle cars. This, I don't know...
mr00jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 04:05 PM   #12
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,402 Times in 552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr00jimbo View Post
I don't know what the market would be for a sport compact coupe like the Integra. The only coupes that seem to sell now are the big 3 muscle cars. This, I don't know...
Doesn't the FRS/BRZ sell decently well?
With the new coupe from Nissan coming back as well, I'm excited to see a resurgence from the automakers in this area. I hope they all do well before everything becomes a generic Tesla look-alike.
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-14-2021, 07:19 PM   #13

^^ and not made by BMW
Old 08-15-2021, 07:05 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teriyaki View Post
Doesn't the FRS/BRZ sell decently well?
With the new coupe from Nissan coming back as well, I'm excited to see a resurgence from the automakers in this area. I hope they all do well before everything becomes a generic Tesla look-alike.
https://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2021-u...ures-by-model/

The BRZ/86 sells like shit, YTD the 86 has sold just over 1,000 units in the US and the BRZ is around there too. Mazda has sold 7,800 Miatas in that same time. The Veloster sold 674 units in Q2 as well. 750 Z's sold in Q2. During that time, Honda and Toyota have sold about a quarter million CR-Vs and RAV4s.

Basically the sport coupe market is COMPLETELY DEAD. If Acura thinks they can roll out an Integra coupe and make money on then the entire management team should be fired. At best they'll sell 5,000 in year one.

If there's any hope that this is a successful car outside of enthusiasts it better be a sedan or Sportback - something that can replace the ILX with a Type S that is the cousin to the CTR.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-15-2021, 08:19 AM   #15
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Not the best idea to use 2021 YTD figures when the 2022 86/BRZ was announced in 2020 November. Anyone seriously considering the Boxer twins would probably wait until the 2.4L reviews and driving impressions come out before making a decision.

Plus, there aren't much incentives to buy the older 86/BRZ anyway. I recall the new car programs and rates were pretty much done in the spring. It doesn't make much sense to buy a last generation model car with used car rates so it is probably why sales were so poor.
jcmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 08:23 AM   #16
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
Looking at overall sales of the 86 isn't great neither. They were pretty strong at the start but taped off when the car got older.
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 08:46 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmaz View Post
Not the best idea to use 2021 YTD figures when the 2022 86/BRZ was announced in 2020 November. Anyone seriously considering the Boxer twins would probably wait until the 2.4L reviews and driving impressions come out before making a decision.

Plus, there aren't much incentives to buy the older 86/BRZ anyway. I recall the new car programs and rates were pretty much done in the spring. It doesn't make much sense to buy a last generation model car with used car rates so it is probably why sales were so poor.
https://www.goodcarbadcar.net/subaru-brz-sales-figures/

BRZ sales peaked at 8K units or so in its second year - not terrible but also not a surefire sales hit that was worthy of a 2nd gen.

The Veloster's sales trend has also match the BRZ's - peaked in 2012 and been downhill (really bad) ever since: https://www.goodcarbadcar.net/hyunda...sales-figures/

Coupes just aren't popular anymore - I had trouble finding sales data of coupes partly cause they're so few of them now. The whole small car market is shit - GM/Ford are out, the Japanese has killed all their coupes, VW killed the Golf... - it's all small SUVs now.

People are buying fucking Nissan Kicks (58K units in 2020) and Hyundai Venues (19k units in 2020) instead. It's Sir Mix-A-Lot's world when it comes to cars now - people want their cars to have some back so they can put some junk in the trunk. No one is buying that LA Face no more, they just want that Oakland booty.
Old 08-15-2021, 12:47 PM   #18

As a x2 Integra owner I'd have to say unless it has really hot specs at a reasonable price I don't think it will sell like hot cakes. As in top specs for under $40k. As I think even the veloster n is like $45k? And you never see one, I think I've only seen like 2 or 3. I think the people who can afford this new will buy something else. A45, golf r, type r. Sti.
Old 08-15-2021, 05:51 PM   #19
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by supafamous View Post
https://www.goodcarbadcar.net/subaru-brz-sales-figures/

BRZ sales peaked at 8K units or so in its second year - not terrible but also not a surefire sales hit that was worthy of a 2nd gen.

The Veloster's sales trend has also match the BRZ's - peaked in 2012 and been downhill (really bad) ever since: https://www.goodcarbadcar.net/hyunda...sales-figures/

Coupes just aren't popular anymore - I had trouble finding sales data of coupes partly cause they're so few of them now. The whole small car market is shit - GM/Ford are out, the Japanese has killed all their coupes, VW killed the Golf... - it's all small SUVs now.

People are buying fucking Nissan Kicks (58K units in 2020) and Hyundai Venues (19k units in 2020) instead. It's Sir Mix-A-Lot's world when it comes to cars now - people want their cars to have some back so they can put some junk in the trunk. No one is buying that LA Face no more, they just want that Oakland booty.
I think the Japanese manufacturers need to collaborate more. Building a modern 2 door platform is far too expensive and doesn't make bean counter sense because the coupe market is far too small. I would love to see all the Japanese manufacturers share a 2 door platform that they can heavily customize like the miata / 124. body, engine + gearbox, suspension tuning, & parts of the interior is where the manufacturers can differentiate. It's almost the only way to "save" the couple market, if it can even be "saved."
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 06:39 PM   #20
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Honda bringing back the Integra nameplate feels like a desperate attempt. Nostalgia sells I suppose. The problem is, almost always, new ones rarely ever have any resemblance to what made the old ones so great. I don't know what the new car will be, but I can guess what it won't be. It won't be light weight, small, manual, high revving NA 4 cyl engine, 2 door lift back, double wishbone all around, conservatively styled.
toyota86 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-15-2021, 06:47 PM   #21
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
I figured it was coming. In the last few years Acura started using the Integra Type R more in their marketing including the interactive game. Acura reached out to me through Instagram more than once to use ITR pictures I had posted.

I'm excited to see what the new one is like.

1998 Acura Integra Type R #0635
2017 Honda Civic Type R #01818
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-16-2021, 03:19 PM   #22

I was very excited when they announced the new version of the CR-X, the CR-Z. What we ended up getting was more like a prius than a CR-X. My first 2 cars were and '88 and a '91 CR-X so it was a real gut punch for me when it eventually came out. Hopefully they don't fuck up the Integra like they did the CR-Z.
Koflach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 05:10 PM   #23
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,299 Times in 2,511 Posts
Giving the anticipated release dates, the new Integra is almost certainly going to be based off the 11th gen (2022) Civic. As good as the 10th gen Civic is (where the 11th gen is based off on), the Civic is not a small car. Even the discontinued coupe is not small.

IMO, one of the best things with the 3rd gen Integra is its compact size, and we all know that cars are no longer that small. Still, I'd be a little disappointed if the new (5th gen?) Integra is as large as the 10th gen Civic coupe.

If the base car came with a stick shift + K20C2, I would actually say that is a very nice combo! I like the F20C2 a lot better than the turbo L15 -- it has far more of that old school Honda feel, and it seems to be the more reliable engine as well.

I wonder if it'll have any sort of electrification added to the car. Personally, I expect it, and I think it would be best if it can come in the form of a rear electric motor powering the rear wheels. That would really make it interesting and practical.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supafamous View Post
Wait till Acura lives up once again to overpromising by having the base trim be the NA 2.0L in the Civic and the "performance" trim is the Si's 205hp 1.5T. The only diff with the Civic will be a LSD.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-16-2021, 09:15 PM   #24
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
I read that the next generation Civic Type R will be the final non hybrid or electric vehicle from Honda. Remains to be seen if this Integra will be hybrid. The sound in the video sure sounds like an NA, gasoline powered car.

1998 Acura Integra Type R #0635
2017 Honda Civic Type R #01818
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 08:23 AM   #25
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,815 Times in 3,329 Posts
Honda/ Acura needs to K.I.S.S - KEEP IT SIMPLE, STUPID

us blokes just wants a sporty, dependable, simple and semi practical sports coupe/ hatch in a FWD lay out....... a FWD coupe that can rotates and shake its ass like the original.

Its not that hard.

I don't care if its a parts bin special, just give me my damn integra back.

13' Nissan DBA-R35 GT-R Black Ed - Black met. - "Sophia"

00' Acura 1.6EL - // Power of dreams Project - "Unity"

02' Nissan M35 Stagea - "Wynn"

91' Honda EF Civic CX - "Xander"

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote