REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-29-2022, 08:42 AM   #76
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
I'm with Freedom Mobile. $50/month for unlimited talk and text Canada and US wide. 18 gig data and 1 gig US. Throttled back once over the limits. Was told to keep this plan and not go with any other. I guess that means it's good? The only time I've ever come close to reaching the data limit was when I was streaming Blue Jays games while waiting for family to finish shopping. I got smart and streamed the games on Sirius XM, instead. No visual, but listening to games is great. Especially baseball. Buck Martinez and Shulman, ftmfw!

https://www.facebook.com/awfulannoun...8968792490397/
Advertisement
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 08:54 AM   #77
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post
I ordered another Samsung QN90A at Chilliwack. Saw the DJI Mini 3 Pro in stock, so decided to just grab it anyways.

Wonder if the TV is display as well and if the drone is BNIB, lol.
Picked up my C1 last night - it was a display model but the display hours were minimal and came with all the original packaging and box. It was hung on a wall too so the display stand was still brand new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post
Will probably use this TV while Geek Squad figure out what to do with my LG C9. Had a bunch of dead pixels on the top and bottom. Not sure if they replacing the panel, giving me credit back or a new TV, lol.
I believe the newer panels fare better reliability-wise, but I might get LG's extended OLED warranty just in case for peace of mind.

Last edited by radeonboy; 11-29-2022 at 09:52 AM. Reason: spelling
radeonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 09:44 AM   #78
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by radeonboy View Post
Picked up my C1 last night - it was a display model but the display hours were minimal and came with all the original packaging and box. It was hung on a wall too so the display stand was still brand new.

I believer the newer panels fare better reliability-wise, but I might get LG's extended OLED warranty just in case for peace of mind.
My LG C9 was a display model as well. Came with around 3500 hours. I put in another 1000 hours in the past two years. I run one of those solid colour burn-in test videos on YouTube from time to time. Still no issues that I could see - just the random black dead pixels.

YMMV, but people on reddit say LG will replace a panel with burn-in issues once if you ask nicely.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-29-2022, 10:07 AM   #79
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
I still have my C8 and it's been the best tv I ever had. I don't know how many thousands of hours are on it by now but I've done everything on it including videogames and have yet to have any issues with burn in or dead pixels.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 11:53 AM   #80
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Went into the mobile shop inside RCSS
Upgrade 2 lines with Koodo, $45 50gb 24months, free iPhone 11 and $600 worth of pc points, no activation fee.
Pretty good deal, ends today
-"--"-
Doubl3_H is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-29-2022, 03:13 PM   #81
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,438 Times in 5,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubl3_H View Post
Went into the mobile shop inside RCSS
Upgrade 2 lines with Koodo, $45 50gb 24months, free iPhone 11 and $600 worth of pc points, no activation fee.
Pretty good deal, ends today
Koodo is Telus right? Shit... Telus and Bell don't work inside my condo for whatever reason... never have...
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 03:26 PM   #82
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Koodo is Telus right? Shit... Telus and Bell don't work inside my condo for whatever reason... never have...
Yeah, out over here in the West, Telus/Koodo/Bell/Virgin are practically the same since they share infrastructure.

Rogers/Fido are on their own. Same with Freedom/Shaw.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is online now   Reply With Quote