REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-25-2022, 07:01 PM   #51
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,403 Times in 858 Posts
Amazon has Noco jump starters for approx 35% off.

Instant buy for me. Lesson learned the hard way from when I accidentally left the lights on the truck on up a FSR only to come back after a 32km hike to find it dead.
Advertisement
Old 11-25-2022, 07:33 PM   #52
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,528 Times in 4,912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
Amazon has Noco jump starters for approx 35% off.

Instant buy for me. Lesson learned the hard way from when I accidentally left the lights on the truck on up a FSR only to come back after a 32km hike to find it dead.
Hope you got the GB-70. I have two 70's and one 40. Both are fine, but for larger vehicles, the GB-70 is needed. I have yet to have the GB-40 fail to start a vehicle, but ya never know. And yes, you need a starter for electric vehicles. A dead 12 volt means no starting the EV.

I've been fortunate with the iMiEV. Coming up to 8 years and 12 volt is very strong. I plug in at home just about every day. That's how the 12 volt gets charged. The Smart Car, on the other hand is bricked. All because the 12 volt died. Such a stupid design. The Warranty on the POS was 4 years. FOUR years!! The main traction battery is toast. Will cost more than the value of the vehicle to replace it. Felt like a pioneer when I bought the thing back in 2015. A great car with lots of torque but poorly designed. Mercedes jammed out and said, "Sayonara." Anyway.................. had to whine about it. Never buy another Smart Car. Not so smart. Build quality is pathetic. And Mercedes gave absolutely no shit about it. They got to build XXX number of polluting vehicles, because they had produced "some" electric vehicles. Industry standard warranty on EV traction batteries is 8 years. Argh............. getting pissed off just talking about it. If anyone wants to drop a jet engine in it, PM me, gulolol.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 07:39 PM   #53

Thanked 5,403 Times in 858 Posts
Yep. Got the gbx75 as the truck is diesel. One of those things where redundancy and bigger is better matters.
Old 11-25-2022, 08:13 PM   #54
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanks for the Amazon deal on the GB40 battery booster.
Crappy tire has it on sale for $148, Princess auto has it for $140. But Amazon clearly beats both of them hard.
keifun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 10:08 PM   #55
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,202 Times in 486 Posts
Useless car fact: hybrids can't be used to jump start the regular ICE cars because they don't have an alternator. The hybrid puts its electronic system at risk if it tries.

Learned this when my friends Fit battery died and his dad with a hybrid Toyota wouldn't give him a jump.

I have an Eliminator jump starter and Noco gb150. Use the eliminator one a handful of times each year cuz Fit batteries suck.
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-26-2022, 01:38 AM   #56
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,528 Times in 4,912 Posts
LOL, McD's is having a Black Friday 50% off Big Mac deal. One time purchase from 25 to 27th. Why can they not do a half price quarter pounder with Cheese?

So it's Canucks Big Mac for $3.00 today. Too bad you can't do half price of that. Come to think of it, even at $1.50............. nuff said.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 11:06 AM   #57
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by donk. View Post
/thread derail

Speaking of strip clubs, didn't know #5 orange was so busy on a Thursday....
Went last night, got in around 9 with two tables, by midnight the place was packed.

The onslaught of black Friday jokes for lapdances from my friends was savage, the ladies of the night did not bite lol

And then Merkules walks in, I had no idea he was local from Surrey, humble guy I must say
(cue 1 other person on this forum knowing who he is)
last thursday of every month is "Move Something" party
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 12:38 PM   #58
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Fido Black Friday deal
$30 for 20GB, unlimited Canada calling, international text, 1000 LD, back to $55 regular price after 15 months.
$25 additional line.

Not sure if it’s available at every Fido. Crystal Mall Fido has this deal.

New customers only. I switched today. Fido’s data speed seems very slow compared to Telus. But I was paying $68 for 20GB at Telus before.
Special K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 01:25 PM   #59
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,506 Times in 1,164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special K View Post
Fido Black Friday deal
$30 for 20GB, unlimited Canada calling, international text, 1000 LD, back to $55 regular price after 15 months.
$25 additional line.

Not sure if it’s available at every Fido. Crystal Mall Fido has this deal.

New customers only. I switched today. Fido’s data speed seems very slow compared to Telus. But I was paying $68 for 20GB at Telus before.
I switched over to Fido and yes the data does feel sluggish compared to Koodo
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 03:41 PM   #60
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,428 Times in 483 Posts
Koodo has the same deal for 24mo instead of 15.
Fafine is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-26-2022, 05:38 PM   #61
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 3,883 Times in 911 Posts
if you want phone S22 or iPhone13 for free, it's $50/mth for 25GB LTE on Fido with a $125gc (Visa) through Wow Boutique at Richmond Center. The GC is actually higher, but they apply it towards the phone and give you the remainder.

basically you get the $30 plan that everyone is offering + $380~ for the phone.
bobbinka is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-27-2022, 04:11 PM   #62
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,240 Times in 1,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbinka View Post
if you want phone S22 or iPhone13 for free, it's $50/mth for 25GB LTE on Fido with a $125gc (Visa) through Wow Boutique at Richmond Center. The GC is actually higher, but they apply it towards the phone and give you the remainder.

basically you get the $30 plan that everyone is offering + $380~ for the phone.
People are selling iPhone 11s (used and new) on Facebook for anywhere from 300-400. There's an influx right now since the iPhone 11 is also on promotion from Fido.

If you're looking for a Pixel 7, you can get the 128GB for around $450-500 CAD by trading in an iPhone 11 since it's worth $494 USD right now on Google USA.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 06:32 PM   #63
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,739 Times in 816 Posts
I haven't broken 2 gigs in a billing period in 4 years. my contract is up and I'm going with shaw. cheap!
Old 11-28-2022, 07:15 AM   #64
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,470 Times in 995 Posts
i stopped by the mall and bell had $30/20gb so i went for it. i was with fido so i wasnt eligible for their offer which wasnt even advertised at the kiosk. i think they were advertising $40/20gb
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 11:24 AM   #65
Say! Say! Say!

London Drugs has a bunch of stuff of open box stuff on sale for Cyber Monday.

Have a pending order for an open box 65" Samsung QN90A for $1124. Thought my brother might want it because he was shopping for a new TV, but going to a friend now. Just waiting for a pick up notification.

Other people got BNIB DJI Mini Pro 3 with the remote control for like $650~ I think.
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-28-2022, 12:09 PM   #66
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

^The drones are a steal if they're indeed BNIB - I already have a Mini Pro 3 but ordered another one as a present if the order goes through.

The expensive TVs are a great deal as well, but OOS in the lower mainland.

Edit: Looks like LD's been restocking on their TVs - fingers crossed my order goes through for pick up.

Last edited by radeonboy; 11-28-2022 at 12:51 PM.
radeonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 12:11 PM   #67

Thanked 2,766 Times in 706 Posts
100% Rogers is slower than Telus for me... I wish I never switched. Once my contract is over with Rogers, i'm going back to Telus.

On slightly related note, I called Telus because my internet and TV was coming up and they gave me 1GB internet, TV for $89 + $50 bill credit. Shaw is offering $89 for 1GB internet + $150 bill credit, but this saves me from having to switch everything over.
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 12:25 PM   #68
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post
100% Rogers is slower than Telus for me... I wish I never switched. Once my contract is over with Rogers, i'm going back to Telus.

On slightly related note, I called Telus because my internet and TV was coming up and they gave me 1GB internet, TV for $89 + $50 bill credit. Shaw is offering $89 for 1GB internet + $150 bill credit, but this saves me from having to switch everything over.
Did Rogers give you a deal on Black Friday? I waited 45min last week to see a rep only to be told "nah man, I can't get you a deal better than what you already have"
pherio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 01:15 PM   #69
Say! Say! Say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by radeonboy View Post
^The drones are a steal if they're indeed BNIB - I already have a Mini Pro 3 but ordered another one as a present if the order goes through.

The expensive TVs are a great deal as well, but OOS in the lower mainland.

Edit: Looks like LD's been restocking on their TVs - fingers crossed my order goes through for pick up.
Which one did you order? Mine still processing.

Read some people are getting BNIB drones transited to the store. Wonder if my friend is going to get a new TV instead, lol.
Old 11-28-2022, 02:24 PM   #70
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post
Which one did you order? Mine still processing.

Read some people are getting BNIB drones transited to the store. Wonder if my friend is going to get a new TV instead, lol.
I ordered a 65" C1 and the Samsung QN90 - the C1 is a display model and the QN90 might be brand new (there were 2 in stock when I placed the order) - I'll need to call to confirm. It's on the island so I'll have to catch a ferry to retrieve it, but it'll be worth it if it's brand new in box.
radeonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-28-2022, 02:43 PM   #71

Thanked 2,766 Times in 706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pherio View Post
Did Rogers give you a deal on Black Friday? I waited 45min last week to see a rep only to be told "nah man, I can't get you a deal better than what you already have"
Are you talking about Internet? If so, you need to speak with the retention department and tell them that Telus is offering you a better deal to switch over. That's the only way you'll get some leverage.

The Rogers Internet deal is a public deal going on right now, so anyone can get it.
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 07:23 PM   #72
Say! Say! Say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by radeonboy View Post
I ordered a 65" C1 and the Samsung QN90 - the C1 is a display model and the QN90 might be brand new (there were 2 in stock when I placed the order) - I'll need to call to confirm. It's on the island so I'll have to catch a ferry to retrieve it, but it'll be worth it if it's brand new in box.
Went with my friend to pick up the TV from Brentwood Mall London Drugs.

It was an actual display model. Came out in bubble wrap on a dolly, lol. Not even in a box.

Old 11-28-2022, 07:52 PM   #73
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,409 Times in 3,477 Posts
https://www.londondrugs.com/dji-mini.../L1292504.html

Picked up the DJI mini 2 fly more combo for $369.96. I did not know this but the price gets reduced by 50% when added to the cart.
Old 11-28-2022, 08:02 PM   #74
Say! Say! Say!

I ordered another Samsung QN90A at Chilliwack. Saw the DJI Mini 3 Pro in stock, so decided to just grab it anyways.

Wonder if the TV is display as well and if the drone is BNIB, lol.

Will probably use this TV while Geek Squad figure out what to do with my LG C9. Had a bunch of dead pixels on the top and bottom. Not sure if they replacing the panel, giving me credit back or a new TV, lol.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-29-2022, 08:19 AM   #75
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,768 Times in 909 Posts
Man I'm so out of the loop on cell phone deals and such. Once upon a time I was like always one of the first to get the best plans via retention, Government plans and such but fatherhood made me get out of the game. Finally got off my lazy ass though and hit up Rogers live chat yesterday, was on an old $65 for 15GB unlimited talk and text plan with Rogers which is now out dated as fuck. They gave me 50Gb with unlimited talk and text for $65 + $20 off = $45/month for 24 months. No contact just month to month. That's good right lol? I don't know I'm paying less and got almost 3 times the data I ain't complaining.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote