REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-05-2023, 09:11 AM   #426
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,970 Times in 3,898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post
I find it a bit strange that all the drag queens are always men pretending to be women...and never the other way around. Hmmmmm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drag_king

ACAB
Advertisement
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 11:20 AM   #427
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,855 Times in 1,785 Posts
Quote:

I refuse to play along with their mental disorder. It's that simple.
I guess you don't work in a very outward facing job?
I could just imagine how that would go down in a professional workplace, or even better where that person is a customer/client.

I have one of these non-binary individuals I deal with, one of our large key customer/accounts.

I'd have a pretty tough time explaining to my bosses that I refused to respect this person enough to use their desired pronouns, and as a result lost major business.

It would never happen because I'm not an asshole and do respect this person, whatever they want to be called.

So, I'm just curious of what you'd do if you were in that situation? Tell this person "too fucking bad, you look like a man so I'm calling you a he" and accept the fallout or are you just talking a big game online when in reality you'd be a big hypocrite?
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions

Last edited by Great68; 07-05-2023 at 11:33 AM.
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-05-2023, 12:59 PM   #428

Thanked 31,212 Times in 7,179 Posts
Quote:
I find it a bit strange that all the drag queens are always men pretending to be women...and never the other way around. Hmmmmm

A. That isn't true.
B. Wow you're so brave.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-05-2023, 02:58 PM   #429
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,652 Times in 1,752 Posts
He's got the thin blue line as his profile pic, would it be any surprise that he's a prick, essentially?

Saying you refuse to play along with someone's "mental disorder" is a pretty ridiculous thing to even state.

I'm not even some lefty woke guy either, it's just basic human respect at that point.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-05-2023, 03:04 PM   #430

He's the type of guy that would call everyone a snowflake then have a thermonuclear meltdown over a fuckin rainbow beer can.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2023, 01:59 PM   #431
The sound of inevitability

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
He's got the thin blue line as his profile pic, would it be any surprise that he's a prick, essentially?

Saying you refuse to play along with someone's "mental disorder" is a pretty ridiculous thing to even state.

I'm not even some lefty woke guy either, it's just basic human respect at that point.
You don't have to be not lefty to not have any principles of your own, you'll just fall for anything pushed to you. I've been on this board for near 20 years, never would have this been a discussion even 10 years ago, much less when I got on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
I guess you don't work in a very outward facing job?
I could just imagine how that would go down in a professional workplace, or even better where that person is a customer/client.

I have one of these non-binary individuals I deal with, one of our large key customer/accounts.

I'd have a pretty tough time explaining to my bosses that I refused to respect this person enough to use their desired pronouns, and as a result lost major business.

It would never happen because I'm not an asshole and do respect this person, whatever they want to be called.

So, I'm just curious of what you'd do if you were in that situation? Tell this person "too fucking bad, you look like a man so I'm calling you a he" and accept the fallout or are you just talking a big game online when in reality you'd be a big hypocrite?
I'm a LEO, all my work is outward facing.

"I have one of these non-binary individuals I deal with, one of our large key customer/accounts"

That's nice, you're dealing with someone who has mental health issues is the right way to look at it. Which is fine, it probably doesn't have any bearing on their work.

"I'd have a pretty tough time explaining to my bosses that I refused to respect this person enough to use their desired pronouns, and as a result lost major business"

Sure, you do it so you don't have to explain to your boss why a person with mental health issues is mad at you. It's simpler to just play along, I don't disagree, you don't have to go out of your way to point out that they're messed up in the head. But I won't go out of my way and part-take in their delusions either.

"It would never happen because I'm not an asshole and do respect this person, whatever they want to be called"

I never said to call them out on it either. But since I assume most of us here are not dealing with this issue I could be honest. If you want to lie to your self so that you can feel morally good about your self go right ahead.

"So, I'm just curious of what you'd do if you were in that situation? Tell this person "too fucking bad, you look like a man so I'm calling you a he" and accept the fallout or are you just talking a big game online when in reality you'd be a big hypocrite?"

I would not go out of my way to point out to them 'hey you're a man / you're a woman', I'd just ignore it, probably refer to them by their name. If they put me in a position where I have to tell them what I think I will let them know or I'll avoid the topic. Again, like I said, between us here, that is how I feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Whoa, don't cut your self on all that edge.

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa

mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
The7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 03:10 PM   #432
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,324 Times in 2,522 Posts
Quote:

That's nice, you're dealing with someone who has mental health issues is the right way to look at it. Which is fine, it probably doesn't have any bearing on their work.
Hmm... a LEO who thinks your belief that an LGBTQ+ is someone with a mental health issue is the correct view, and refuses to accept looking at it from another angle...

This is why it is absolutely wrong to only send police officers to do mental health checks on people that need them.

I hope you'd have a good day.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2023, 03:16 PM   #433

Quote:
You don't have to be not lefty to not have any principles of your own, you'll just fall for anything pushed to you. I've been on this board for near 20 years, never would have this been a discussion even 10 years ago, much less when I got on here.

"I have one of these non-binary individuals I deal with, one of our large key customer/accounts"

"I'd have a pretty tough time explaining to my bosses that I refused to respect this person enough to use their desired pronouns, and as a result lost major business"

Sure, you do it so you don't have to explain to your boss why a person with mental health issues is mad at you. It's simpler to just play along, I don't disagree, you don't have to go out of your way to point out that they're messed up in the head. But I won't go out of my way and part-take in their delusions either.

"It would never happen because I'm not an asshole and do respect this person, whatever they want to be called"

I never said to call them out on it either. But since I assume most of us here are not dealing with this issue I could be honest. If you want to lie to your self so that you can feel morally good about your self go right ahead.

"So, I'm just curious of what you'd do if you were in that situation? Tell this person "too fucking bad, you look like a man so I'm calling you a he" and accept the fallout or are you just talking a big game online when in reality you'd be a big hypocrite?"

I would not go out of my way to point out to them 'hey you're a man / you're a woman', I'd just ignore it, probably refer to them by their name. If they put me in a position where I have to tell them what I think I will let them know or I'll avoid the topic. Again, like I said, between us here, that is how I feel.

I think the edgelord here would be the cop, whose job it is to deal with people, having no interest in basic respect for certain groups.
Why do you think people have problems with cops? You're the perfect example of why Vancouver pride said they didn't want VPD there, because members like you make marginalized people uncomfortable, for good reason.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2023, 04:35 PM   #434
in the butt

Thanked 3,260 Times in 1,194 Posts
Vpd has bigger fish to fry, snowflakes melt on visual contact

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?
donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 05:55 PM   #435

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Hmm... a LEO who thinks your belief that an LGBTQ+ is someone with a mental health issue is the correct view, and refuses to accept looking at it from another angle...

This is why it is absolutely wrong to only send police officers to do mental health checks on people that need them.

I didn't say being gay, bisexual or a lesbian is a mental disorder.

Wanting people to call you xe / xir or whatever stupid thing you can come up with and having a total mental breakdown when someone doesn't is.

I did look at it from another angle. Here's the angle.
What you actually didn't know is that I'm transgender my self, and I use the pronouns 'master / commander' Monday through Friday and on the weekends I go by they / them. I am fluid after all. If you don't believe me it's because you're being bigoted and refuse to accept me for who I am.
That's what us trans people deal with on a daily basis though, not that you'd understand.

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa

mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2023, 06:29 PM   #436
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,859 Times in 8,217 Posts
Not all cops are bastards

This one is though
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2023, 06:35 PM   #437
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,623 Times in 577 Posts
Quote:

Police shouldn't go at all. They should just send nurses and social workers.
T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2023, 06:41 PM   #438

You're 100% right about that, but when people suggest that being put into the budget the "thin blue line" crowd loses their collective minds.
So here we are, stuck with people like this guy going in to "de escalate a situation" with a mindset like shown above.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2023, 06:56 PM   #439
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,324 Times in 2,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4RAWR View Post
I suppose that's a different topic of discussion, but IMO, there should be a police presence there, because sometimes people with mental health issues can get violent. But they should just kind of stay in the background and not intervene unless there are signs of danger. The psych nurse / social worker should be the one to take the lead and do the majority of the work.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 07:28 PM   #440
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,623 Times in 577 Posts
Quote:
I suppose that's a different topic of discussion, but IMO, there should be a police presence there, because sometimes people with mental health issues can get violent. But they should just kind of stay in the background and not intervene unless there are signs of danger. The psych nurse / social worker should be the one to take the lead and do the majority of the work.
They can be given some basic use of force options and a stab proof vest and be sent in.

It should be a risk they accept as part of the job.

Besides, most police officers don't want to go to mental health calls anyways.
T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 08:36 PM   #441
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,058 Times in 1,930 Posts
Remember this RCMP officer? Stabbed by a mental health person living in a tent in Burnaby.

whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 09:30 PM   #442

Quote:
That's funny coming from someone who says this.

Quote:
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Quote:
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2023, 09:47 PM   #443
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,423 Times in 5,685 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Remember this RCMP officer? Stabbed by a mental health person living in a tent in Burnaby.

And nothings changed.
Old 07-07-2023, 03:07 PM   #444

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
You're 100% right about that, but when people suggest that being put into the budget the "thin blue line" crowd loses their collective minds.
So here we are, stuck with people like this guy going in to "de escalate a situation" with a mindset like shown above.
Please don't call me "guy" again, bigot. I told you what my pronouns are.

-Hypa

-6chr0nic4
This post thanked by:
Old 07-07-2023, 04:52 PM   #445

Sorry when I said guy I meant dipshit. Don't cancel me on parler.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-07-2023, 05:30 PM   #446
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,845 Times in 1,487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4RAWR View Post
Great in theory. They really are required to be on site in case things go sideways. My wife use to volunteer for St Paul’s in her youngest years. She would head into the downtown east side with a walkie talkie trying to find the individuals who missed their dialysis appointments (or was it HIV stuff, I can’t keep it straight). She’s pretty damn good at descalating situations but it was pretty unsafe. No matter how wel trained someone is in psychology, you can’t control drug behaviour.

Now talk about a large group, all being removed? I’d suspect it gets a little more tense.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-07-2023, 06:37 PM   #447

I can't remember which city in the US created a mental health response team, I want to say it was Denver or Portland? But they haven't had to get assistance from police at all.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-07-2023, 08:01 PM   #448
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 8,851 Times in 3,192 Posts
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 10:50 AM   #449

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
I can't remember which city in the US created a mental health response team, I want to say it was Denver or Portland? But they haven't had to get assistance from police at all.
Portland is a liberal shit hole, you peck.

And so are most of the cities that've embraced policies you'd probably advocate for.

-Hypa

-6chr0nic4
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-09-2023, 01:17 PM   #450
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,667 Times in 5,198 Posts
I remember the old 7even being a workout dude with tough but at least logical views, not a condescending prick spouting generalizations.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: