REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 05-30-2015, 07:33 AM   #20776
うに

Thanked 1,008 Times in 402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinari View Post
When you can afford the part but can't afford the labour.

I've never had this problem

I've been wrenching on my own car since i was 14
Now, almost ten years later, i'm comfortable pulling an entire engine out

MacNiell Metal shop class and McNair Autoshop class Thank you!

If i was in Vancouver still, I'd help u

PK-EK is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-30-2015, 09:47 AM   #20777
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN6 View Post
All my friends are either married or are getting married. 3/4 of them are unhappy as fuck. Don't do it just because everyone is doing it and pressuring you. Do it on your ownterms and if you do it just because, you're most likely going to wind up unhappier because it won't be like how you imagined it to be.

If you go out there, how many "couples" are on their fucking phones? That's like 80% of the night gone for those couples. I never want date those girls anymore. Who cares.

If it bothers you so much go find a group or club and be amongst people. Key word being "people"; not a place just to find a chick. Just open up to people. You only build character and confidence. I've truly only fell head over heels for my first, and one that I will probably never be able to see again. Those where the two best times of my life because I wasn't even looking for someone, it just happened because I was happy and people in general like being around others who are happy. I gotta say though, even when I was on cloud 9 with my first girlfriend, problems arose that I couldn't even imagine until I was actually in the relationship.

Just do your own thing and improve yourself. Trust me, patience and bettering yourself and getting worldly experience only adds to your desirability. You are only 20, you've not even scratched the surface of what this world has to offer. Gtfo and do shit. That is possibly the best advice I can ever give in my lifetime.
Wish I could thank you 1000x, I have never heard real advice such as this.

It's not that I'm lonely, my perception is that ppl with gf's have their sh*t together. And since it's happening to 80% of my friends, it seems like it's the "normal course" for a life event. Kind of like having a stable career by 30. I guess I was just freaking out tho lol, thanks bro.

How else can one better themselves in the meantime? I have a decent job, been studying a lot (no time to life), trying to get into investing, etc.
rzrshrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 11:47 AM   #20778
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,388 Posts
Quote:
If you go out there, how many "couples" are on their fucking phones? That's like 80% of the night gone for those couples. I never want date those girls anymore. Who cares.
THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000x
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-30-2015, 04:45 PM   #20779
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
Vansterdam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 06:18 PM   #20780
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

In this day and age... we find that the deal breaker is family unacceptance due to culture and "tradition"? Unreal. She's Indian, I'm Chinese.

Last edited by pharmed; 05-30-2015 at 07:28 PM.
pharmed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-30-2015, 07:58 PM   #20781
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmed View Post
In this day and age... we find that the deal breaker is family unacceptance due to culture and "tradition"? Unreal. She's Indian, I'm Chinese.
been there done that.
She was Chinese, I'm south asian.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 10:53 PM   #20782
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzrshrp View Post

It's not that I'm lonely, my perception is that ppl with gf's have their sh*t together. And since it's happening to 80% of my friends, it seems like it's the "normal course" for a life event. Kind of like having a stable career by 30. I guess I was just freaking out tho lol, thanks bro.

How else can one better themselves in the meantime? I have a decent job, been studying a lot (no time to life), trying to get into investing, etc.
Fuck "normal". Seriously. Take your own sweet time doing what you want to do. I've gotten a ton of pressure to be "normal" from my family. According to them, I should be married with kids already. I'm the black sheep of my family. 29, female, unmarried, and childless. I never conformed to what they wanted me to do because I simply wasn't comfortable with it; what they wanted me to be and expected me to be isn't ME. I have a lot of girl friends who got married "on time" and had kids shortly after, and they're miserable. They always tell me I'm lucky I still have all my freedom, as though they never had a choice. But they did have a choice, and they made the wrong one at the time.

I don't know what your ethnicity is, but I'm Asian and that means I'm expected to have my career set by my mid 20s. Guess what? I did a career change last year at the ripe old age of 28 and I'm finally happy with what I'm doing with my life. My career won't be stable for another 3-4 years most likely, and that's fine by me. Also, there's no set timeline for anything, especially stuff like relationships. You have to be comfortable being yourself, by yourself, before you're ready to share your life with someone.
Old 05-30-2015, 11:08 PM   #20783
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBeeAhn View Post
Also, there's no set timeline for anything, especially stuff like relationships. You have to be comfortable being yourself, by yourself, before you're ready to share your life with someone.
This.. Very important advice
guurl is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2015, 12:18 AM   #20784

Thanked 5,279 Times in 603 Posts
landed a job that'll further my career, but i don't want to quit my restaurant job yet 'cause of the honeys
decisions, decisions... looks like i'll be strapped for time for a little while lol
Old 05-31-2015, 12:48 AM   #20785
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Things are really starting to look up lately. Starting to find a lot more people with the same mentality with me, instead of just hanging around people who want to fuck around all the time. It's going to be very hard to stop being around people I've really grown to love and care about. Realizing now that things are going to be very tough the next few years, but it'll be all worth it when I am finally able to land my dream career.

Going to start making things happen instead of just talking about them all the time. Like beebeeanh says, it's never too late.
alwayslive is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2015, 04:56 AM   #20786
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
Vansterdam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 09:12 AM   #20787
Banned (ABWS)

who wants to go out with me?
dragondragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 11:34 AM   #20788
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinari View Post
THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000x
in your case you and your element over you and your girlfriend
About kkthind: [22-12, 22:55] ts14 hes so white that if he was a cop, he would beat ts14 for beinng surrey
kross9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-31-2015, 03:44 PM   #20789
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,930 Times in 504 Posts
Mfw friend says "R U GAIZ ON A DATE?!11??"
kakucaekz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-01-2015, 06:47 PM   #20790

first day of the week gone by super fast!! feeling relieved.
mm.. anybody in need of shaw services msg special promos tell your friends & fam
guurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 08:03 PM   #20791
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakucaekz View Post
Mfw friend says "R U GAIZ ON A DATE?!11??"
Think Ur friend is saying. Why aren't you hitting it yet?
Fafine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 11:03 AM   #20792
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
"Some days you just want to go to sleep, and hope that when you wake up things will be better.
Yet with constant hardship, sometimes you just don't want to wake up."
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-02-2015, 12:06 PM   #20793
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
fuck.
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 07:41 PM   #20794
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Never thought I'd fall for your type.
Ain't gotta let this get in the way of me making my paper...
But for sure ain't no other woman gonna hold it down for you like I do...
Try to find another like me....you ain't going to find anyone better than me...

>_<
phunky.FOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 10:07 PM   #20795

Hire me already, I'm ready to drop everything for this experience
Phozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 11:46 PM   #20796
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

^good luck

One time machine please...
<3 envee is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2015, 07:17 AM   #20797
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzrshrp View Post

People who have their shit together are the people who are self sufficient. You know the people who have truly made it are the ones who have found a partner not because they need a partner, but those who found a partner that compliments their life. Notice how I say partner and do not denote gender. Surround yourself with people who love and support you whether it be guys or girls or gender-ambiguous. Things will fall into place when you make your own brand.

When you say you are studying and working, that's great. It's the beginning of growing up and is a precursor and nothing more. Obviously what you are doing right now is not immediately landing you where you want to be. So yeah, there are an infinite amount of things you can do to better yourself and those you have to discover on your own. Good luck.
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2015, 09:33 PM   #20798
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
People who have their shit together are the people who are self sufficient. You know the people who have truly made it are the ones who have found a partner not because they need a partner, but those who found a partner that compliments their life. Notice how I say partner and do not denote gender. Surround yourself with people who love and support you whether it be guys or girls or gender-ambiguous. Things will fall into place when you make your own brand.

When you say you are studying and working, that's great. It's the beginning of growing up and is a precursor and nothing more. Obviously what you are doing right now is not immediately landing you where you want to be. So yeah, there are an infinite amount of things you can do to better yourself and those you have to discover on your own. Good luck.
Thanks for the great advice. I really do appreciate it. Will not forget everyone's help when I do "make it".

As an aside, had a date today after so long. I knew the girl but we never really talked. Are first dates always supposed to be slightly awkward? At times the conversation seemed forced, I felt that we didn't connect as much as I was expecting... She didn't even message me yet and we parted ways a few hours ago... This sure is an expensive (time, effort, money, etc.) to learn
rzrshrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 02:20 AM   #20799
iceboy & saucywoman are my parents!

Thanked 1,770 Times in 445 Posts
I can't sleep. Old memories haunt me at night. Even though I wasn't happy, I still loved you

I miss you and hate you.
[23-07, 02:53] LSF22 the guy who i just saw had like 5 or 6 cars on his lawn needs a ride

[07-10, 15:42] nabs tbails14 = the legend continues

[27-10, 19:44] slickrick (to ts14) NO NOT THE EXHAUST

[07-10, 22:42] Ri2 If I had a real one I'd fap til it turns blue probably

[05-01, 16:24] Geoc ts you're a never ending inspiration for the inner buddy guy in all of us
ts14 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2015, 08:15 AM   #20800
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
it sucks how the shittiest and worst memories always leave the deepest and most lasting impression
i can remember every minute details of my worst memories and relive the emotions i felt then like it just happened.
i can't forget even if i tried, the more i try to forget, the better i'll remember things
and sometimes when they slip from my mind, all it takes is a trigger and it comes flooding back.

all this cus of a shitty dream.

i wish it was like this for happier memories but those always fade so fast.
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote