REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 01-05-2013, 02:12 AM   #1326
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Well, that explains your freakishly high shots from the hash! But hey...I was hitting "netting" all night as well...
Advertisement
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:10 PM   #1327
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
I know im late to the party about the Visors fogging up, but i used to have this problem come 3rd period and my visors started fogging up like crazy. I bought a skull cap and used the any antifog and ive never had an issue with my visor fogging up ever since.

Anyone know of a good deal on full face shields? Im currently using a half visor and now im kinda scared of losing teeth, already chipped 2. Ive used a mouthguard and birdcage but i hate it.
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:54 PM   #1328
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
Ice Level Sports. Using an ice boot with roller chassis is night and day from those shitty inline boots. So much more support.

On a gear whoring note, Got a Totalone with the Ovie p08 curve.. This thing FIRES. Clappers are effortless, but I have to get used to controlling the wristers, as it is a very open blade.
got a p08 total one as well.
True.True is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:59 PM   #1329
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by True.True View Post
got a p08 total one as well.
2 skates in.. still trying to get used to it. im fine with clappers and backhanders. but my wristers are inconsistent
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:39 AM   #1330
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
I was at Cyclone getting my skates sharpened and took a look at the P08 curve. That thing is nasty. And I thought my P92 was a badass curve. Too bad I have way too many sticks and know I shouldn't try another stick. =(
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:49 AM   #1331
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
I have a couple jerseys that are 54-56 sized, and I want to use them in net. Problem is, the arms are too tight to fit my C/A. Has anyone ever modified a jersey to add width to the arms? If I had a good sewing maching I'd try it myself, but in this case I'd rather find a shop that's done it before.

Has anyone had a jersey modded?
Or am I breaking new ground here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
Roller hockey goalies..
I have a set of those on pre-order. Should be here around March, and if all goes well they should allow a lot more side to side movement. I got raped 11-8 last week in a game where the other team was laterally fast moving, and it was because of my pads. That was an embarassing game, and while I'm not totally to blame, I took it to heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Nhan View Post
mission done the same thing too, but i think it only works on sportcourt and not cement flooring like VIHL and PICH
There should be an option for the cement floor users to run Stainless balls rather than the PVC balls in the sportcourt system. Rollerfly is going to offer both options.

Quote:
the floors are so dusty with PICH and VIHL, goalies are still able to slide somewhat, at least with pad covers
Not really.
I've tried everything from pad covers, to slippery tape, to furniture sliders on my 9000SR Reebok pads (strictly inline pads), and nothing works well enough to count on in a game. I can stop most shots coming in as my GAA is low on the inline rink. But come in laterally, and I'm stuck either opening my 5 hole, or simply falling over as my pads stick to the floor.

The rollerfly is a mechanical option, and should work well as long as they don't get gummed up with plastic dust.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:05 AM   #1332
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
I have a couple jerseys that are 54-56 sized, and I want to use them in net. Problem is, the arms are too tight to fit my C/A. Has anyone ever modified a jersey to add width to the arms? If I had a good sewing maching I'd try it myself, but in this case I'd rather find a shop that's done it before.

I have a set of those on pre-order. Should be here around March, and if all goes well they should allow a lot more side to side movement. I got raped 11-8 last week in a game where the other team was laterally fast moving, and it was because of my pads. That was an embarassing game, and while I'm not totally to blame, I took it to heart.

There should be an option for the cement floor users to run Stainless balls rather than the PVC balls in the sportcourt system. Rollerfly is going to offer both options.

Not really.
I've tried everything from pad covers, to slippery tape, to furniture sliders on my 9000SR Reebok pads (strictly inline pads), and nothing works well enough to count on in a game. I can stop most shots coming in as my GAA is low on the inline rink. But come in laterally, and I'm stuck either opening my 5 hole, or simply falling over as my pads stick to the floor.

The rollerfly is a mechanical option, and should work well as long as they don't get gummed up with plastic dust.
covers probably wont nearly as good as the rollerfly, but it's roller hockey.. i wouldn't invest too much in the game. If you want to be able to go side to side and butterfly push etc, play ice.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:11 AM   #1333

Quote:

I've seen guys cut out the underside of the arm and sew fabric there to make it wider. I don't know of any places that will do it though so it might be a better option for you just to buy a goal cut. The sleeves on player cuts are way too long and skinny.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:32 PM   #1334
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
that's crazy. i'm gonna send that to my goalies
97 Civic CX (POS)

!Nhan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2013, 12:55 PM   #1335
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickz View Post
I've seen guys cut out the underside of the arm and sew fabric there to make it wider. I don't know of any places that will do it though so it might be a better option for you just to buy a goal cut. The sleeves on player cuts are way too long and skinny.
the jerseys these days are so tight! As a player, I like it though. Looks much cleaner and modern. I remember when they first appeared in the all star game (those were tighter than they are now) it looked weird.

as for goalies, the edge practice jerseys have pretty wide arms.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:08 PM   #1336

Edge was such a failure and is an obsolete material now. The current pro jerseys are indeed baggier and are made of a combo of Air Knit and Stretch Mesh.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:33 PM   #1337
RS Veteran

Quote:
Edge was such a failure and is an obsolete material now. The current pro jerseys are indeed baggier and are made of a combo of Air Knit and Stretch Mesh.
I have never tried the actual "edge" fabric. When I refer to edge I just generalize to reebok's new "cut" for their jerseys. Personally, I could care what the jersey is made out of, but I like the slimmer fit.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:31 PM   #1338
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

For anyone that still has any left, SportChek is honouring the Team Assist coupons until Feb 28th, 2013.

--

Easton's new e28 curve on the Mako II is pretty interesting for those who love the wacky open toe curves ie p08!
YzerWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:30 AM   #1339
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by YzerWIN View Post
For anyone that still has any left, SportChek is honouring the Team Assist coupons until Feb 28th, 2013.

--

Easton's new e28 curve on the Mako II is pretty interesting for those who love the wacky open toe curves ie p08!
really? nice, is this at every sportchek?
jack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:49 AM   #1340
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Anyone have a line on decently priced total ones?
Posted via RS Mobile
Kilinim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:18 AM   #1341
UFO

hockeymonkey. ~$145-50 depending on flex, they often have 20% off clearance codes, and sometimes even free shipping on top of that. works out to about $120
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:50 AM   #1342
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
covers probably wont nearly as good as the rollerfly, but it's roller hockey.. i wouldn't invest too much in the game. If you want to be able to go side to side and butterfly push etc, play ice.
I play a pretty high level on ice 3 days a week, but recently took on backup duties on my buddie's inline team. It's also a high level of play, but what gets me is the fact that I'm an okay ice goalie in my group, but I'm a stellar inline goalie. That gives me a lot of opportunities out there considering that Sportsplex is a NARCH member.

A lot of dudes have the same attitude about not investing much into the inline game. For me, I don't care about the money. It's the challenge I get from playing, and the joy I get from stoning those skinny inline kids.
:

Quote:
I think you're right about this.
So instead of cutting my new Kiprusoff jersey, I bought a Flames practice jersey off Hockey Monkey with my number on it. I guess my Kipper jersey will come out for Abbotsford Heat games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Nhan View Post
that's crazy. i'm gonna send that to my goalies
You should man, it's a really cool innovation!
Should be available in March, as the guys are taking preorders for them now. I asked the guys earlier if I could screw the plates to my inline pads rather than use the straps and they were keen on the idea. That would be awesome, and keep the plates really low key.

Quote:
Those fukken Edge jerseys..... are horrible. I kept getting the shaft of my stick caught in the loose sleeve during play, which has never happened before. I moved to the new Pro jersey, and it's much better.

but I still love me some old skool CCM jerseys. You can still get them from hockey monkey for cheap, and they fit the best.

Final thoughts......

I want this.

It's time to replace mine based on the number of deep bruises I have on my inner forearms. Plus the mechanical nature of the armor is just sexy.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:19 PM   #1343

I'm looking forward to the new Warrior goal products. The hiring of Pete Smith has completely turned their lineup around compared with the unsuccessful Swagger and Messiah pads.

As for the jerseys the original Edge is cut differently than what the pros are wearing right now. Nike should be the front runner for the next NHL contract in 2016, they don't have much competition outside of Bauer/Inaria right now. I picked up a Team Canada Swift and love the material even though it feels a bit like a raincoat.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:48 PM   #1344
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,474 Times in 543 Posts
Moving onto ice hockey with my team this year. Going to need a new catcher and chest protector.. ;(
Posted via RS Mobile
RevYouUp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #1345
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack3d View Post
really? nice, is this at every sportchek?
should be all of them.
YzerWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:47 PM   #1346

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
Moving onto ice hockey with my team this year. Going to need a new catcher and chest protector.. ;(
Posted via RS Mobile
If you're on a budget looking for a C/A I would recommend McKenney, especially the 870 or 890 models. They're made in Canada and are much better quality than the other "big names" in the same price point.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:29 PM   #1347
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,474 Times in 543 Posts
Thanks! I'll look into it.
Posted via RS Mobile
RevYouUp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:51 PM   #1348
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
How do you dry goalie equipment in a non-heated garage? I decided i didn't want the stains on my pads so i pressure washed all the gear, then realized i have no heaters or anything to help dry them with.

They are now hanging on a stick propped up by 2 ladders
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:10 PM   #1349

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP700-4 View Post
How do you dry goalie equipment in a non-heated garage? I decided i didn't want the stains on my pads so i pressure washed all the gear, then realized i have no heaters or anything to help dry them with.

They are now hanging on a stick propped up by 2 ladders
If you have the space for it I would recommend investing in a Rocket Sports Dryer. It's much quicker and more effective than just hanging. All of the reviews I've read online have been positive.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:32 PM   #1350
UFO

I just hang my gear and have a floor fan blowing into the general direction of my gear. Dries overnight. I've never used a pressure washer on gear. The Mr. Clean magic eraser pads take off puck marks and stains pretty damn well
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote