REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2011, 07:43 PM   #2876
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: .
Posts: 748
Thanked 45 Times in 23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn79 View Post
what are the potenials of the player in this years draft?
lebron = best draft
bargnani = worst draft
No I'm sorry, Darko Milicic is the worst draft.

BTW, don't spout some stuff about Detroit having to make cap space. Even if they won the championship, that was still the worst draft ever.
Advertisement
LookHere_Sucka is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:02 PM   #2877
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 1,720
Thanked 211 Times in 91 Posts
^dude is talking about the YEAR of the draft, not the player actually being drafted.

Darko isn't the worst player to be drafted (let's say, in the top 5). Kwame Brown is. I am not sure what you are referring to in salary cap, cuz rookies have their own salary scale and they're all "cheap".
Wongtouski is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:40 PM   #2878
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,936
Thanked 232 Times in 128 Posts
woot lakers lost
liu13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:45 PM   #2879
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Richmond
Posts: 6,675
Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
clippers up 22 in halftime
shawn79 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:56 PM   #2880
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Richmond
Posts: 335
Thanked 88 Times in 50 Posts
Demar is replacing Jennings in the dunk competition.
n0ob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:10 AM   #2881
My homepage has been set to RS
 
wasabisashimi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: surrey
Posts: 2,487
Thanked 142 Times in 84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookHere_Sucka View Post
No I'm sorry, Darko Milicic is the worst draft.

BTW, don't spout some stuff about Detroit having to make cap space. Even if they won the championship, that was still the worst draft ever.
Milicic was the ultimate bench warmer pistons had!!
__________________
my feedback
Click here to visit my feedback
wasabisashimi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:19 AM   #2882
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Richmond
Posts: 335
Thanked 88 Times in 50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabisashimi View Post
Milicic was the ultimate bench warmer pistons had!!
He's shown signs of breaking out this season but is struggling a bit to stay healthy right now. Hopefully he can get past these injuries and prove to be useful.
n0ob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:22 AM   #2883
My homepage has been set to RS
 
wasabisashimi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: surrey
Posts: 2,487
Thanked 142 Times in 84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0ob View Post
He's shown signs of breaking out this season but is struggling a bit to stay healthy right now. Hopefully he can get past these injuries and prove to be useful.
7 yrs later, hopefully he matures in time, (although its too little too late).

T-wolves got twin "white" tower right now, well its kind of 1.5 tower since Milicic has yet to prove himself.
__________________
my feedback
Click here to visit my feedback
wasabisashimi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:03 AM   #2884
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
will068's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: van
Posts: 3,289
Thanked 429 Times in 177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wongtouski View Post
^dude is talking about the YEAR of the draft, not the player actually being drafted.

Darko isn't the worst player to be drafted (let's say, in the top 5). Kwame Brown is. I am not sure what you are referring to in salary cap, cuz rookies have their own salary scale and they're all "cheap".

I guess the Grizz won that trade.. I mean that bitch ass Otis Thorpe did more contribution for us than Darko did for Detroit...
__________________
RS Buy&Sell Rating
will068 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:54 AM   #2885
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Richmond
Posts: 335
Thanked 88 Times in 50 Posts
Quote:
Carmelo Anthony said he still expects to be traded by the Feb. 24 deadline, even though the Nets pulled out of the hunt Wednesday night.
With the Nets out, the Nuggets reportedly did a lap around the league Wednesday night to see what kind of offers are out there. The Knicks will be in the hunt while the Rockets and Mavs may be willing to make a trade without Anthony agreeing to an extension. Anthony's agents are also reportedly pushing the Bulls to make a deal, although Chicago is wisely refusing to part with Joakim Noah. This saga is a good bet to go right up to the deadline. Jan. 20 - 9:57 am et
Sauce: Rotoworld
n0ob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:08 PM   #2886
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Richmond, BC
Posts: 4,694
Thanked 238 Times in 94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabisashimi View Post
Milicic was the ultimate bench warmer pistons had!!
aka the Human Victory Cigar. He would only get playing time in blowouts, lol
Jermyzy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:26 PM   #2887
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
411ken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,342
Thanked 484 Times in 257 Posts
Smart move by the Bulls to not trade Noah for Anthony... Noah with Boozer will make the bulls strong up front.
411ken is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:23 PM   #2888
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: .
Posts: 748
Thanked 45 Times in 23 Posts
Can't wait to watch Demar in the dunk contest
LookHere_Sucka is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:40 PM   #2889
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 1,720
Thanked 211 Times in 91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by will068 View Post
I guess the Grizz won that trade.. I mean that bitch ass Otis Thorpe did more contribution for us than Darko did for Detroit...
Nah, if the Grizz stayed in Van, you'd be PISSED.

Why? You know how picks can be protected right? At the time, Stu Jackson (I think) traded that pick as a Number one protected pick, anything outside the first pick it went to the Pistons. That's why Jerry West was so pissed when he took over in Memphis, I remembered he even complained to the NBA or something.

.........top 1 protected in arguable the best draft class EVAR, and stu is still employed by the NBA today....
Wongtouski is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:46 PM   #2890
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
Porschedog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Richmond
Posts: 685
Thanked 121 Times in 60 Posts
Shittt DeRozan in dunk contest naiceeee
Porschedog is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:20 PM   #2891
Revscene.net has a homepage?!
 
roflwaffle604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: group therapy
Posts: 1,263
Thanked 1,029 Times in 338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschedog View Post
Shittt DeRozan in dunk contest naiceeee
now replace ibaka with d. rose and we got ourselves a show!
roflwaffle604 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:42 PM   #2892
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: the hood
Posts: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
they call me kobe for a reason aite
matthewL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:38 PM   #2893
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: .
Posts: 748
Thanked 45 Times in 23 Posts
I got a feeling that Griffin is gonna blow everyone away
LookHere_Sucka is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:14 PM   #2894
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
G-spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,033
Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
anybody watchin the hardwood classics on NBA TV right now ? Celtics @ Philly 2003...

young Paul Pierce, Antoine Walker, and offcourse homeboy Iverson doing his thang thang rocking the arm sleeve years before anyone even knew what it was lol
Keith Van Horn up in this bitch and old fat ass, could have been one of the greatest power forwards in the game if he wasnt so lazy Derrick Coleman..

even a rookie John Salmons, ahha......... fck I was hoping to see Ron Mercer playing too I guess he was gone from Celts that year, Mercer was dope back in the day
__________________
(oO:::\___/:::Oo) (DPE-wheels) // Satin Cocaine White
G-spec is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:13 AM   #2895
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Richmond
Posts: 6,675
Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
vince carter vs iverson in playoffs = gold
shawn79 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 04:14 AM   #2896
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Richmond
Posts: 335
Thanked 88 Times in 50 Posts


Blake Griffin had 30 points, 18 rebounds, 8 assists tonight vs the Dubs.

Last edited by n0ob; 01-23-2011 at 04:21 AM.
n0ob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:18 AM   #2897
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
will068's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: van
Posts: 3,289
Thanked 429 Times in 177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wongtouski View Post
Nah, if the Grizz stayed in Van, you'd be PISSED.

Why? You know how picks can be protected right? At the time, Stu Jackson (I think) traded that pick as a Number one protected pick, anything outside the first pick it went to the Pistons. That's why Jerry West was so pissed when he took over in Memphis, I remembered he even complained to the NBA or something.

.........top 1 protected in arguable the best draft class EVAR, and stu is still employed by the NBA today....
LOL.. yeah...I remember how that trade went.. I think it was protected to be outside the top 10 for the first couple of years, then top 5, then outside the # 1 pick. I guess Stu figured that we would be a playoff contender by then.

I still remember us trying to get Nash on the 96 Draft. But we didn't move high enough and got Roy Rogers. Then the next year's Draft, the Suns offered Nash to us for the 4th overall pick (we got Antonio Daniels instead). At that time, it was a lopsided proposal even if the draft was weak after Duncan. In hindsight though.. man oh man... I never would've thought Nash would reach All-NBA calibre..

Good ol' Stu... such a shitty GM..
__________________
RS Buy&Sell Rating
will068 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:07 PM   #2898
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 1,720
Thanked 211 Times in 91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by will068 View Post
LOL.. yeah...I remember how that trade went.. I think it was protected to be outside the top 10 for the first couple of years, then top 5, then outside the # 1 pick. I guess Stu figured that we would be a playoff contender by then.

I still remember us trying to get Nash on the 96 Draft. But we didn't move high enough and got Roy Rogers. Then the next year's Draft, the Suns offered Nash to us for the 4th overall pick (we got Antonio Daniels instead). At that time, it was a lopsided proposal even if the draft was weak after Duncan. In hindsight though.. man oh man... I never would've thought Nash would reach All-NBA calibre..

Good ol' Stu... such a shitty GM..
They DID (The Suns)? Man I remember watching Daniel's first game, his first jumpshot was way off, then everything fell off from there lol

The most memorable comedic aspect to the grizz to me was when the announcer would say "here comes our three point threat..........Pete Chilcutt" LOL. Also late night taped Grizzlies games in Chinese on Fairchild was fantastic as well, they had a nickname for Bryant Reeves, literal translation "Big Piece of Mass"
Wongtouski is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:33 PM   #2899
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,936
Thanked 232 Times in 128 Posts
if the lakers win it this year im gonna be pissed :@

then again i hate all teams except golden state and detroit
liu13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:27 PM   #2900
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: .
Posts: 748
Thanked 45 Times in 23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liu13 View Post
if the lakers win it this year im gonna be pissed :@

then again i hate all teams except golden state and detroit
I don't think GS has any chance of winning if Monta Ellis going to be a ballhog. Shame, because I really like Stephan Curry.
LookHere_Sucka is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net