REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 11-17-2009, 12:11 PM   #101
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

^ correct, I don't mind paying if the girl doesn't have those kind of expectations. It's just the girls that come on the date w/the expecation that I have to do this and that, it doesn't work for me.

Last edited by Kamui712; 11-17-2009 at 01:01 PM.
Kamui712 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-17-2009, 12:28 PM   #102
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

I've been lurking this forum for a while now and I find it really interesting.
I'm my opinion, in some cultures it is about mannerism and it is expected of you,
But on the other hand, some people are just trying to get ahead and use their
Looks/personality to exploit someone and before I go any further, I would like to
explain what I mean. I've dated a korean girl for many years (3+ years), been with
a chinese girl and vietnamese girl in the past and my best friend dated a
Laotion girl (in portland) and we all have our stories. As far as the mannerisms go
with korean girls, I believe that is true on the part of their parents, girls
are girls, and guys are guys everywhere in the world. What I mean is that for
some korean girls, they do expect it and there are some that don't, my first
Korean girlfriend did expect it, but she was polite she said thank you, but
Needless to say she did expect too much, so we parted ways.
My other korean girlfriend was the total opposite, she was an indpendant girl,
She insisted on paying for herself and myself all the time( it was a 70/30 relationship)

Japanese girl wanted nothing and the vietnamese girl came
From a rich family, so she didn't expect anything
And as far as my friend from portland goes, he had money, the girls family
didn't, he liked her and she was by his side, he ended up spoiling her
Thinking wow she's my girl. But at the same time, she was just using him to
get ahead, (fyi I'm not making a judgement on her based on what I've heard, but
her own cousin/her best friend, had come to tell my buddy to stop dating her because
She was going to leave him for a dude with more money) and sure enough a month later
She had a ring on her hand from the dude and my buddy was played...hard
Posted via RS Mobile
canadianaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:32 PM   #103
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,345 Times in 973 Posts
It's funny how girls would say, "well, i dont' pay for food, but i buy him expensive gifts." How does that justify?

what? Does it mean your bf never has to buy you any expensive gifts. You think he will go tell him friend "oh, i don't buy my gf expensive stuff or gifts cause I pay for food already."

it's not If A then B, it's more like, how come you're not chipping in your part.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:45 PM   #104
RS Veteran

Don't expect from others what you do not offer to others.
Conan O'Brien Sex Video is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:22 PM   #105
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinHurricane View Post
vancouver fucking has horrible minded women. It must be the the fact that this city is 50% asian, and everyone is trying to get ahead.

I need to move somewhere that has more white woman, or less snobs.
This is 100% true, Vancouver girls have pretty fucked up standards..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
HOT TIP: When paying the bill on the first date with a girl you're into, and the waiter was anything near decent, tip them a bit more than you would usually. Once you put your credit card in the folder and tip slip signed, go to the bathroom.

Guaranteed, 99% of the time, the girl will peek inside to see how much you've tipped, every time.

You can come off as a total don juan, but when she sees you stiffed your waiter with a 10% tip at a decent restaurant, you ain't gonna get any.
Seriously? wow..good trick How about if it's not a first date, do most girls still check in general or they don't care anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui712 View Post
^ correct, I don't mind paying if the girl doesn't have those kind of expectations. It's just the girls that come on the date w/the expecation that I have to do this and that, it doesn't work for me.
Exactly, I seriously don't mind if she offers to pay and/or at least takes her wallet out, but I usually pay 99% of the time if I'm taking a girl out that I actually like. If I'm with a girl that's my friend and I have basically no interest in then it's usually 50/50 unless I'm paying for another girl then I'll just take her tab as well.

I haven't had the luxury *knock on wood* of meeting a girl that would just sit there and smile or make some excuse of "forgetting" her wallet or needing to go to the washroom when the bill arrives. I can see how you guys would get pissed off and mad at it, cause hell I would be too if she doesn't even TRY to offer and just sits there expecting you to pay..thats just wrong.
JulyZerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:46 PM   #106
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
Honestly, I think my girlfriend is really good on this matter. Everytime we go out to dinner she INSISTS that we split the bill evenly 50/50. It is only during special occasions that I pay for the whole thing. Makes me feel kind of bad sometimes actually - but hey, this is respect at its greatest IMO
Old 11-17-2009, 10:51 PM   #107
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Picard View Post
Honestly, I think my girlfriend is really good on this matter. Everytime we go out to dinner she INSISTS that we split the bill evenly 50/50. It is only during special occasions that I pay for the whole thing. Makes me feel kind of bad sometimes actually - but hey, this is respect at its greatest IMO
Actually, the best is if the girl pays 100% AND does your housework AND takes care of the mortgage.

I kid, I kid.
slammer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:00 PM   #108
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Picard View Post
me and my boyfriend is like this too
i feel bad if he had to pay for me all the time so we'll treat each other to dinner depending on who puts the money down first-- and no we dont "cheat" so the other person puts it down faster haha
so i dont think all girls in vancouver has high expectations. bcos i sure dont!
ra1nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:11 AM   #109
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
I'll always pay, unless she insists (and even then, she'll really have to insist)

the world isn't fair, men and women are far from being equal, and probably never will be. I pride myself in being a man. and being a gentleman is part of being a man.

now what women don't get is, being a lady is part of being a woman.

I'm fairly traditional, therefore I expect a lady to play the role of a lady, or else she ain't getting no gentleman treatment. You cannot have your cake and eat it too. Well, not you guys anyways.

I don't expect my lady to be smart, or useful, or independent, or anything really. She just has to be everything that entails to be a lady. fuck, did that sentence even make sense?

...WHICH IN VANCOUVER IS APPARENTLY TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR LOL!

of course this is just a general stereotype. and of course good girls (or guys) are not a dime a dozen, and are hard to come by, which means, most of you, (yes you), are at the bottom of the barrel, and you're probably not very lady like at all, except for the fact that you have a smelly wet box between your legs that constantly grows hairs, and a pair of tits.

just take a look in the mirror, and listen to the shit spewing out of your mouth.

just go to a club, or even a shopping mall, it's like all the girls want to dress, and act like tila tequila or some shit.

here's a hint, smoking like a chimney, drinking like a fish, swearing like a sailor, being proud of your cooch almost showing and your tits hanging outta your shirt ain't gonna get you anything but me wanting to fuck you, and then throw you out. yeah, and you're not a performing circ du soleil freak, so take that layer of makeup off your face cuz it ain't hiding the fact that you're ugly anyways.

know your fucking place in society, it's really that easy.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-18-2009, 08:34 AM   #110
Banned (BBM)

u pay for tat dinner u get free potential pussy at night

woot

Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 08:44 AM   #111
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui712 View Post
Acyx and Yiujun

Maybe it's because I come from a family with strong independent females or maybe it's because I work at an office where the women are independent and smart, but you guys just sound like whiny ass bitches.

Yes, no one likes a cheapo every one agrees on that. But you are trying to say is the guy should pay for you just because your mommy and daddy put those beliefs on you, so that must to be the way the world works.

Just curious, when you have sex "in exchange" for all the things he pays for you do you do 70% of the work or do you just lay there thinking he should be grateful to you (for being generous with sex) and hope making noises counts for the other 30%?
couldnt have said it any better. I dont care how you were brought up, just because your family does it like that doesnt mean u have to carry on the "tradition".
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 08:45 AM   #112
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

You know what's cheap. When you have a (female) friend come over and all she says is "I'm hungry" and you give her food, or she looks at food like a dog. And when we come over to her place, there is not even an offer of a drink. That's cheap.

For the guys/girl discussion on whom she paying. Find a better girl for yourself. There are too many selfish and stuck-up girls in Vancouver. I have no idea how these girls got like this, but man, it's depressing. These girls expect you to bend over backwards for them or something. It's already hard doing it for your fucking self.
<div id="zunecard_big" class="zunecard"><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://social.zune.net//xweb/lx/swf/zunecard.swf?ver=1192" style="" id="flashUserCard" name="flashUserCard" bgcolor="#FFF" wmode="opaque" salign="tl" flashvars="baseURL=http%3a%2f%2fsocial.zune.net%2f zcard%2fusercardservice.ashx%3fzunetag%3dbedheadfr 3d%26src%3dlarge&MMplayerType=PlugIn" height="260" width="548"></div>
Neoxphuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 08:48 AM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoxphuse View Post

For the guys/girl discussion on whom she paying. Find a better girl for yourself. There are too many selfish and stuck-up girls in Vancouver. I have no idea how these girls got like this, but man, it's depressing. These girls expect you to bend over backwards for them or something. It's already hard doing it for your fucking self.
its because of all the drug dealers that spoil their gfs then find another girl and leave them. These girls are spoiled so they will tell their friends that it should be that way and the message gets passed around to the next girl and so on. I like american girls way more then canadian girls because "most" of them dont have attitude or expectations.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:58 AM   #114
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

is this serious? if it is a first date and you ask the girl out.. then you pay. I mean YOU ASKED HER OUT!

If you don't feel like it.. obviously she not hot enough for you. Like seriously... all you guys bitching about paying here. If that girl is a perfect 10.. a level you might never get again. Would you still be complaining?
Old 11-18-2009, 09:29 AM   #115
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,127 Posts
SuperSlowSS makes a good point - all guys should step up and pay if they've asked the woman out. Besides, whatever happened to going out for coffee on the first date? That's what I've always done and I haven't broken the bank, of course.

MajinHurricane: I somewhat understand where you're coming from, but on the other hand, you need to stop looking for girls in the club scene and instead, look for girls out in the real world. And unless you're over 6' and ripped, good luck getting a white girl. Asian guys have it tough in this town, even if you're successful.
Tapioca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:54 AM   #116
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSlowSS View Post
is this serious? if it is a first date and you ask the girl out.. then you pay. I mean YOU ASKED HER OUT!

If you don't feel like it.. obviously she not hot enough for you. Like seriously... all you guys bitching about paying here. If that girl is a perfect 10.. a level you might never get again. Would you still be complaining?
The first few dates, sure. But then if you develop a chemistry, and the girl doesn't even offer (around the 4th or 5th). What makes you think she'll even offer 10 dates down the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
SuperSlowSS makes a good point - all guys should step up and pay if they've asked the woman out. Besides, whatever happened to going out for coffee on the first date? That's what I've always done and I haven't broken the bank, of course.

MajinHurricane: I somewhat understand where you're coming from, but on the other hand, you need to stop looking for girls in the club scene and instead, look for girls out in the real world. And unless you're over 6' and ripped, good luck getting a white girl. Asian guys have it tough in this town, even if you're successful.
I see asian guys with white girls quite a bit. You don't have to big 6' and looked ripped. Girls are girls man. They like an attractive male, money, and a personality. Just like men would. Except I don't think men care much about the money and personality as women.
<div id="zunecard_big" class="zunecard"><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://social.zune.net//xweb/lx/swf/zunecard.swf?ver=1192" style="" id="flashUserCard" name="flashUserCard" bgcolor="#FFF" wmode="opaque" salign="tl" flashvars="baseURL=http%3a%2f%2fsocial.zune.net%2f zcard%2fusercardservice.ashx%3fzunetag%3dbedheadfr 3d%26src%3dlarge&MMplayerType=PlugIn" height="260" width="548"></div>
Neoxphuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:42 PM   #117
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoxphuse View Post
I see asian guys with white girls quite a bit. You don't have to big 6' and looked ripped. Girls are girls man. They like an attractive male, money, and a personality. Just like men would. Except I don't think men care much about the money and personality as women.
The last impression I want to give off is one of being an "angry Asian man" as I've dated a few white girls in my day. BUT, for every 1 white girl-Asian man couple, you see 5 (insert ethnicity here)-Asian girl couples, at least on this side of the Fraser.
Tapioca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:52 AM   #118
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
My friend met this girl who doesn't even bring her wallet when she goes out. She's CBC and a total bitch.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 07:26 AM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonogunn8 View Post
My friend met this girl who doesn't even bring her wallet when she goes out. She's CBC and a total bitch.
lucky him
Old 11-19-2009, 02:29 PM   #120
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

if you're not (considering) putting out, don't let me pay.

if you're not into me, don't let me pay.

if you want to pay and put out, thats fine.

Last edited by Psykopathik; 11-24-2009 at 08:14 AM.
Psykopathik is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2009, 10:25 PM   #121
Banned (ABWS)

Funny story I have to share from tonight and past experience. I asked this white brunette out from my work place for some drinks, we ended up getting some dinner. All went well and at the end when the bill came she pulled out her wallet and I said it's okay i got it...... good date and plan she wants to do it again.

1st white chick I've dated, and best date I had.

past experience dated 3 difference asian girls (one from china, 2 from HK)... one of them on the first date wanted me to buy her a sweater beucase she told me she was cold... uhh okay. 2nd one before sitting down to eat asked me can you pay.. can you pay? are you kidding me... i ditched her right there. 3rd girl date was going well till she started asking me about my currenty income and stuff. The mood changed and she told me she was looking for a guy that can take care of her. I told her I was going to the washroom and i left!!!!! fucking bitch. I'm over 18 and how can this girl expect me to take care of her...

IMO asians girls are cheap, even an average guy doesn't cut it for her. Ive lost interest in asian girls since my 3rd date...
bimmer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:25 PM   #122
HELP ME PLS!!!

^ It sounds like a few of your lady friends wants you to be their sugar daddy, it's just how that society works in China (aka. 包二奶).

You pay up, take good care of them, you get pussy. At least, they know their role.
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:24 AM   #123
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

years back in highschool, i have a friend that said...

"i have a bf so that i can save money"

LOL
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:10 AM   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDood View Post

LOL
Old 11-23-2009, 08:19 AM   #125
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDood View Post

LOL
So where does she work now? Davie? Seymour?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote