REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 11-13-2009, 04:14 PM   #76
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirevtuner View Post
just wait until the HST kicks in
not much ppl will be going out as much
i really dont wonna think about that yet...fucking hell

12% plus 10% tips?

total 22% bullshit fee on top of watever the shit u are spending>?

awsome

Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 05:07 PM   #77
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
10% tip? Cheap bastard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 05:20 PM   #78
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by min.tee View Post
I'm one of those flip guys who don't date money-grubbing flip chicks.

I just go for the cute chicks who have low self-esteem, they're usually more modest and shy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Like the guy below me, I'm one of them. And don't feel bad about your generalization. It is what is it is because there's a big amount of truth to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
Princesses.....

Yup....been there....
Damn, have you guys been to the Philippines lately ? I went home last year for the first time in 9 years. Girls there are in general are superfluously better looking and have better personalities than the girls here ( especially your stereotypical Filipina ). I didn't believe my dad first when when he kept telling me the girls there are better than here.

And yes, the girls that I got acquainted there ranged from young up and coming individuals in the showbiz industry to model reps for multinationals. No bitch-assness on their part whatsoever.

Makes me really scratch my head why some of the Filipina girls here who are less good looking and more bitchy/stuck up act the way they act.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:30 PM   #79
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

^ maybe cause they grew up here and took up all the bitchy attitudes from the white girls
Posted via RS Mobile
TRD Rs200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 07:49 PM   #80
HELP ME PLS!!!

Most of you are speaking from the perception of dating a Canadian female. If you've dated Korean girls, possibly even Japanese girls. 9/10 fob asian girls would expect the guy to pay and they won't even have the common courtesy to reach for their wallets. It's not because they are cheap (most of them, anyway), it comes down to the culture that they grew up in where male are expected to take care of females, particularly in Korean culture.
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:20 PM   #81
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

I have to admit, i expect a guy to pay (or OFFER!!) if we're on a date.. esp. the first one. If they don't.. sorry to say.. that's not gonna work. I'm not a princess. I dont need to go out to fancy restaurants. I don't care if they pay at a bubble tea restaurant or at the keg or sth. As long as I know they're not cheap. It's different once you've dated for a long time.. 70/30. I always reach for my wallet but I like guys that is willing to. Like someone up top said, if you don't have money then chilling at home is fine too.

Last edited by acyx; 11-17-2009 at 02:01 AM.
acyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:45 PM   #82
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
^bitch. Ok lemme edit: You have to be really hot to pull that shit. And this is coming from a non jew.
Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by Meowjin; 11-13-2009 at 10:52 PM.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:47 PM   #83
Banned By Establishment

A while I go I took some girl to my work for some drinks... I think I spent 150 dollars before she offerer to buy me one drink. It came out to 12 dollars and she tipped my friend a quarter. I felt so turned off that I never called her again.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-14-2009, 11:25 PM   #84
VLS Head Mod

^^ wow cheap woman, good thing you never asked her out again.
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 12:35 AM   #85
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

^^ Better late than never. I would've stopped at the $25 mark. Not saying one should be calculating, but if the girl doesn't "know how to 'do'" (Cantonese slang) that's grounds for a cutoff.
slammer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 03:00 AM   #86
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acyx View Post
I have to admit, i expect a guy to pay (or OFFER!!) if we're on a date.. esp. the first one. If they don't.. sorry to say.. that's not gonna work. I'm not a princess. I dont need to go out to fancy restaurants. I don't care if they pay at a bubble tea restaurant or at the keg or sth. As long as I know they're not cheap. It's different once you've dated for a long time.. 70/30. I always reach for my wallet but I like guys that is willing to. Like someone up top said, if you don't have money then chilling at home is fine too.
You're the type of girl that I would never even glance in the same direction of let alone peak my interest. If who offers to pay on a first date is your priority, I laugh at people like you. What do you have to offer? Good looks? There are plenty of good looking people in Vancouver, what separates you from them? Nothing, good looks are a dime-a-dozen in Vancouver.

I choose quality of character over what you have to offer anyday, it' maybe rare but it's much more rewarding when you find those people.

Last edited by Kamui712; 11-15-2009 at 03:09 AM.
Kamui712 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-15-2009, 06:04 PM   #87
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammer111 View Post
^^ Better late than never. I would've stopped at the $25 mark. Not saying one should be calculating, but if the girl doesn't "know how to 'do'" (Cantonese slang) that's grounds for a cutoff.
i was more offended when she tipped my friend a quarter.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:00 AM   #88
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
i went out with this korean girl ...
holy fukkkuk.
this bitch was cheap and ungrateful.

we went for a movie. i paid, NO THANK YOU.
we went for bbt. i paid, NO THANK YOU.
we went to TBC for some carting. i paid, NO THANK YOU.

needless to say. I said fukkuk this bitch.
i hope not all koreans are like this.
at least say THANK YOU! HOLY CRAP.

fakkkkk, and i actually liked this girl too. oh well.
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:26 AM   #89
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx703 View Post
holy fukkkuk.

Most Korean girls are like that, they get pampered and spoiled cause most Korean men bend over backwards for them in South Korea. Like I said in my original post, they come to expect that and it's a cultural thing.
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-16-2009, 01:21 PM   #90
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx703 View Post
holy fukkkuk.

No no, not ALL korean girls are like this...is she a fob or is she like korean canadian like born here? there is a big difference. If she is a fob with a rich family background then she will not say THANK YOU very often

Quote:
Originally Posted by willystyle View Post
Most Korean girls are like that, they get pampered and spoiled cause most Korean men bend over backwards for them in South Korea. Like I said in my original post, they come to expect that and it's a cultural thing.
^thats kinda bashin koreans dude Most korean girls AREN'T like this at all. Some actually have manners, but on a date they just wanna see how far a man can pamper them. It's well i guess...a test? But all this depends on some things like:

Is she into you (if she is she will say thank you/smile and might even offer to pay)

Is a fob or not (if she is fob, she might not kno how to express thank you, but instead just smile...but if she has a lil cdn in her then she should say TY)

Was she taught well from family (some people in korea grow up in fcked up families where the father or mother even aren't well educated so they don't really have many values, so in the end aren't really polite but it's rare... and i don't think a girl from a family like that would be the same coming to canada alone)

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyyxjayy View Post
What if someone sold you cocaine, but it was laundry detergent ?
danlee78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:38 AM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui712 View Post
You're the type of girl that I would never even glance in the same direction of let alone peak my interest. If who offers to pay on a first date is your priority, I laugh at people like you. What do you have to offer? Good looks? There are plenty of good looking people in Vancouver, what separates you from them? Nothing, good looks are a dime-a-dozen in Vancouver.

I choose quality of character over what you have to offer anyday, it' maybe rare but it's much more rewarding when you find those people.
Every guy in this post has been saying exactly the same thing.. "if the girl doesnt even offer to pay, then I won't ever go out with them again." So what is the difference in the girl saying exactly the same thing as a guy?

So why are you bashing the only girl saying this in the thread?

And some dude in this thread is right. Some traditional Asian families expect the guys to pay for everything. My brother was brought up strongly believing that he should be paying every single time. He doesn't have a steady income but when he goes out with a girl he pays every single time. I am pressured by my family's beliefs to have my bf pay for me most of the time. I pay some of the time, and I also buy him expensive gifts (eg. his entire snowboard package, Gucci wallet, etc.), but the general expectation is that when we go out he would pick up the tab most of the time.

This isn't about cheapness - it's the gesture. Some Asian cultures expect this to happen.
If you want to date Asian girls, learn to deal with it if it happens, or just stop dating Asian girls. Why complain about it on a forum? There is a Chinese term called "siu hay", it means you're huffy about stuff, like your money. This, in traditional Chinese culture, is looked down upon.

Some people on here will probably start bashing me for this - this is a pre-dominantly guys' forum, I guess.
But yah, I'm so glad my bf would never complain like the guys on this thread do.

Last edited by yiujun; 11-17-2009 at 12:58 AM.
yiujun is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-17-2009, 01:25 AM   #92
I don't get it

^ Just because your bf doesn't complain to your face does not mean he hasn't thought of it.

It's the way that girl typed her post-- preaching about the importance of not being cheap during the courting stage and only gives him slack 30% once they are steady, all while saying shes not a princess. In essence, yes-- paying is important and its a sad reality for men but don't be a bitch about it.

Girls, dont say that when a dude pays for you during a date, you dont subconciously go "yes!". Personally, I think one shouldn't go all out with their wallets when it comes to dates. Paying for everything knowing the consequences is just..... terrible, thus the point of this thread.
butter_sashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:59 AM   #93

Whoa, I don't think what I'm saying is bitchy at all.
Someone here give me a definition of "princess" to you guys.
To me, a princess is someone who expects someone to be there for them all the time, self-centered, and basically has to have someone pamper them.
Trust me, I've never asked or let my guy do half the things you guys (in relationship threads) have done for your girlfriends. ...and I never want nor let my bf to buy me stuff if we're out shopping or something.
How am I a bitch? What I'm trying to say is that if you don't have the money, and you want to take a girl out on a date, maybe invite her over for dinner instead of going out to some fancy restaurant and ask to split. (first date wise)
As far as mx703's story- that's cheap
I don't think I am a "bitch" at all.. same with yiujun, I always buy him gifts, or if I see something I know he'll like, I will get it too. "It's the gesture." To me.. Its really not the money.

And like she said.. what I'm trying to say is the same as this thread. I would never go out with a guy that is cheap on dates or doesn't offer. At least she knows how to read

edit:
My guy friend told me about a girl who didn't want to bus to his house so she cabbed to his house an hour away and made him pay (he had no idea until she got there). If I'm a bitch, what's this then?

Ya, I don't take back the fact that I would never date a guy who is always calculating down to the last detail who pays for what. That being said, I would never let a guy that I'm not interested in (or just friends) pay for me, but when they offer I think "what a generous guy." I don't calculate how much money I spend on ppl I care about, so I don't want my guy to either.

Waiting to get hated on again.. but I think I will go to sleep and check tomorrow.

Last edited by acyx; 11-17-2009 at 02:28 AM.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:37 AM   #94
Banned By Establishment

vancouver fucking has horrible minded women. It must be the the fact that this city is 50% asian, and everyone is trying to get ahead.

I need to move somewhere that has more white woman, or less snobs.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-17-2009, 02:39 AM   #95
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Whoa, I don't think what I'm saying is bitchy at all.
Someone here give me a definition of "princess" to you guys.
To me, a princess is someone who expects someone to be there for them all the time, self-centered, and basically has to have someone pamper them.
Trust me, I've never asked or let my guy do half the things you guys (in relationship threads) have done for your girlfriends. ...and I never want nor let my bf to buy me stuff if we're out shopping or something.
How am I a bitch? What I'm trying to say is that if you don't have the money, and you want to take a girl out on a date, maybe invite her over for dinner instead of going out to some fancy restaurant and ask to split. (first date wise)
As far as mx703's story- that's cheap
I don't think I am a "bitch" at all.. same with yiujun, I always buy him gifts, or if I see something I know he'll like, I will get it too. "It's the gesture." To me.. Its really not the money.

And like she said.. what I'm trying to say is the same as this thread. I would never go out with a guy that is cheap on dates or doesn't offer. At least she knows how to read

edit:
My guy friend told me about a girl who didn't want to bus to his house so she cabbed to his house an hour away and made him pay (he had no idea until she got there). If I'm a bitch, what's this then?

Ya, I don't take back the fact that I would never date a guy who is always calculating down to the last detail who pays for what. That being said, I would never let a guy that I'm not interested in (or just friends) pay for me, but when they offer I think "what a generous guy." I don't calculate how much money I spend on ppl I care about, so I don't want my guy to either.

Waiting to get hated on again.. but I think I will go to sleep and check tomorrow.
nice LV purse in your avatar.

This post thanked by:
Old 11-17-2009, 02:59 AM   #96
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlee78 View Post
No no, not ALL korean girls are like this...is she a fob or is she like korean canadian like born here? there is a big difference. If she is a fob with a rich family background then she will not say THANK YOU very often

^thats kinda bashin koreans dude Most korean girls AREN'T like this at all. Some actually have manners, but on a date they just wanna see how far a man can pamper them. It's well i guess...a test? But all this depends on some things like:

Is she into you (if she is she will say thank you/smile and might even offer to pay)

Is a fob or not (if she is fob, she might not kno how to express thank you, but instead just smile...but if she has a lil cdn in her then she should say TY)

Was she taught well from family (some people in korea grow up in fcked up families where the father or mother even aren't well educated so they don't really have many values, so in the end aren't really polite but it's rare... and i don't think a girl from a family like that would be the same coming to canada alone)
I don't know about you, but based on my past experiences (which are alot of them), most are expected to be pampered. It has nothing to do with their upbringing and manners. Korean society itself highly values on mannerism, but it's also the same society that expects women to be treated very well by men. The way others see you in Korean society is very important, but since most of these fob chicks are in foreign soil (Vancouver), they tend to display their true character and care less about how others see them, so they act like bitches cause none of their close ones are here to judge them.

I disagree on how fob korean women are just "testing" their man on the first date. The way I see it, they want to see how far the guy would go to get them. As that will determine how "whip" the guy would be down the road for them to take advantage of. Now, this is just a generalization, I'm not saying every single one of them are like that.

Most Korean fob guys are whipped. There, I've said it.

Btw, my posts are mainly directed at international korean chicks who stay in Vancouver temporarily, not the ones living here permanently or residing in asia.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:24 AM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinHurricane View Post
nice LV purse in your avatar.

What does that have to do with anything? I'm not saying I'd never date a guy unless they buy me LV purses.. I can buy my own stuff thank you very much.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-17-2009, 09:44 AM   #98
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Acyx and Yiujun

Maybe it's because I come from a family with strong independent females or maybe it's because I work at an office where the women are independent and smart, but you guys just sound like whiny ass bitches.

Yes, no one likes a cheapo every one agrees on that. But you are trying to say is the guy should pay for you just because your mommy and daddy put those beliefs on you, so that must to be the way the world works.

Just curious, when you have sex "in exchange" for all the things he pays for you do you do 70% of the work or do you just lay there thinking he should be grateful to you (for being generous with sex) and hope making noises counts for the other 30%?

Last edited by Kamui712; 11-17-2009 at 09:54 AM.
Kamui712 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-17-2009, 11:07 AM   #99
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,189 Times in 2,411 Posts
HOT TIP: When paying the bill on the first date with a girl you're into, and the waiter was anything near decent, tip them a bit more than you would usually. Once you put your credit card in the folder and tip slip signed, go to the bathroom.

Guaranteed, 99% of the time, the girl will peek inside to see how much you've tipped, every time.

You can come off as a total don juan, but when she sees you stiffed your waiter with a 10% tip at a decent restaurant, you ain't gonna get any.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:20 AM   #100
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,967 Times in 290 Posts
Quote:
Yes, if the guy really liked the girl and wanted to be a gentleman then he should pay.

But IMHO no girl should expect a guy to pay all the time, but in realistic he probably will most of the time if he has any kind of decency.

UNCE UNCE UNCE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykn View Post
Comparing A&B with deadmau5? Really? I should fucking slap you

2007 Acura TL
2005 Acura TL....RIP
2003 Honda Accord Coupe V6....RIP
tonyvu is offline   Reply With Quote