REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-20-2012, 01:43 AM   #26
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
for those of u that dont understand chinese and wants to know what is happening

Mainland Scholar: Many Hongkonger are Dogs | Dictionary of Politically Incorrect Hong Kong Cantonese

mainlanders r getting people to boycott hongkong by not visiting them, which in return makes hongkongers very happy, some comments from hongkongers include "dont come here n give birth anymore" (mainlanders love to go to hongkong to give birth because 1 the kid gets hk id, 2 hk medical practices r wayyy more advanced than in mainland), "dont buy milk powder from hk anymore, their child wont survive past 3" (mainlanders go hk and buy out all of the milk powder stock because chinese made milk powder contains substances that causes defects and big head) and a lot more funny comments
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-20-2012, 01:57 AM   #27
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

TRD Rs200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:09 AM   #28
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
When you post non-English videos could you guys please post some context to go along with it? As far as I can tell, someone is upset because they didn't get a pretty enough birthday card for their birthday
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:11 AM   #29
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

that MTR incident itself is dumb as hell. some kid was eating on the train, probably doesnt know better, and a bunch of ppl go off on the mom? all the mom was saying was she didnt know and that the kid stopped and to not make a big deal out of it, and off these righteous hongers go screaming for justice and saying all mainlanders are the same. even the media narrative is slanted, calling the mainland "bully country".
parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-20-2012, 02:13 AM   #30
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
Why is it an issue to eat on the MTR? I see people put food into (and sometimes let used food come out of) their mouths on the Skytrain all the time
eating on the skytrain (MTR in this case) is one thing (i believe theres stickers on the skytrain about no food/drink, not sure) but making a mess and just putting all the crap on the floor is another thing..

secondly, its more of a big feud between HongKong people and mainlanders... which i think is more about what its about.. the food thing is just something to start the fight...

and about that professor, i would like to ask him about why people get killed/attack in china and passerbys just look and do nothing?? like trucks running over little kids while 10+ people just watch it unfold like they are watching a movie...
Old 01-20-2012, 02:33 AM   #31

Thanked 4,060 Times in 1,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parallax View Post
that MTR incident itself is dumb as hell. some kid was eating on the train, probably doesnt know better, and a bunch of ppl go off on the mom? all the mom was saying was she didnt know and that the kid stopped and to not make a big deal out of it, and off these righteous hongers go screaming for justice and saying all mainlanders are the same. even the media narrative is slanted, calling the mainland "bully country".
The rage against mainalanders comes from the fact that they are hogging Hong Kong resources. Imagine people from seattle coming to Vancouver buying up all baby milk powder so that it is impossible for you to buy milk for your baby. Pregnant women rushing the ER to have babies so that they can get a canadian citizenship for their kids and themselves later on while the hospitals are already at max capacity. once they have the citizenship, they can hog subsideized housing and other benefits. People will get angry and pissed off, why do they have to share something that they did not earn in the first place? They are not immigrating they do not contribute to hong kong, many times they still keep their chinese citizenship and their residential accounts.
yray is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-20-2012, 02:33 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo View Post

and about that professor, i would like to ask him about why people get killed/attack in china and passerbys just look and do nothing?? like trucks running over little kids while 10+ people just watch it unfold like they are watching a movie...

its called the bystander effect. the most famous incident took place in the 60s in new york. Murder of Kitty Genovese - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia also, people are sue happy everywhere. not making excuses for these ppl but i can see how it turned out the way it did.

side note, i was in hongkong in 2009 with a bunch of coworkers. we were walking along in the causeway bay shopping district when some asshole in a 5 series ran over my buddy's foot. he was screaming in pain but the guy didnt bother stopping, two of us had to chase the car down for a block. luckily it couldnt go far but everyone saw it, didnt bother helping and avoided us like the plague. assholes everywhere really.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:40 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
The rage against mainalanders comes from the fact that they are hogging Hong Kong resources. Imagine people from seattle coming to Vancouver buying up all baby milk powder so that it is impossible for you to buy milk for your baby. Pregnant women rushing the ER to have babies so that they can get a canadian citizenship for their kids and themselves later on while the hospitals are already at max capacity. once they have the citizenship, they can hog subsideized housing and other benefits. People will get angry and pissed off, why do they have to share something that they did not earn in the first place? They are not immigrating they do not contribute to hong kong, many times they still keep their chinese citizenship and their residential accounts.
right, but was does this have to do with the mommy and her kid on the mtr? this is as misguided as americans hating on all muslims because of 9/11.

as for the pregnancy thing, thats a policy issue. some people will abuse the system whenever they can. the answer? fix the system.
at the same time i dont see many people complaining about all the money flowing into the local economy from these mainlanders' shopping sprees.

Last edited by parallax; 01-20-2012 at 02:48 AM.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-20-2012, 02:41 AM   #34
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Quote:
its called the bystander effect. the most famous incident took place in the 60s in new york. Murder of Kitty Genovese - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia also, people are sue happy everywhere. not making excuses for these ppl but i can see how it turned out the way it did.

side note, i was in hongkong in 2009 with a bunch of coworkers. we were walking along in the causeway bay shopping district when some asshole in a 5 series ran over my buddy's foot. he was screaming in pain but the guy didnt bother stopping, two of us had to chase the car down for a block. luckily it couldnt go far but everyone saw it, didnt bother helping and avoided us like the plague. assholes everywhere really.
The murder of Kitty Geneovese was also mentioned in Watchmen.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:09 AM   #35
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,437 Times in 376 Posts
Quote:
right, but was does this have to do with the mommy and her kid on the mtr? this is as misguided as americans hating on all muslims because of 9/11.

as for the pregnancy thing, thats a policy issue. some people will abuse the system whenever they can. the answer? fix the system.
at the same time i dont see many people complaining about all the money flowing into the local economy from these mainlanders' shopping sprees.
I'm pretty sure if it wasn't a mainlander nobody would've made a big deal out of it lol

A lot of people do actually complain about mainlanders shopping in HK as it has lowered the level of service you receive at stores - especially in large shopping malls (like Time Square - they all greet you in Mando but when they realize you're canto they just kinda ignore you). Sales are so used to mainlanders coming in and just buying a shit load from them that they don't really give you service anymore. I was at many stores in HK the past summer and when I'm just browsing around, the sales are just minding their own business not paying attention to the customers. When I look their way trying to get a size they just stare at me cluelessly. Happened too many times to count.

Also that Beijing prof is a total idiot.
'06 BMW 330i [RIP]

'02 BMW M3
'99 Honda Civic SIR [sold]
'19 Civic Type R[sold]
'22 MINI Cooper SE
My Photojournal: simplexcars
Simplex123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:39 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplex123 View Post
I'm pretty sure if it wasn't a mainlander nobody would've made a big deal out of it lol
this sanctioned hate, both in hk media and on this forum, is pretty disgusting. hongkong people cant pride themselves as more civilized and educated than mainlanders when they encourage such prejudice.

Quote:
A lot of people do actually complain about mainlanders shopping in HK as it has lowered the level of service you receive at stores - especially in large shopping malls (like Time Square - they all greet you in Mando but when they realize you're canto they just kinda ignore you). Sales are so used to mainlanders coming in and just buying a shit load from them that they don't really give you service anymore. I was at many stores in HK the past summer and when I'm just browsing around, the sales are just minding their own business not paying attention to the customers. When I look their way trying to get a size they just stare at me cluelessly. Happened too many times to count.
so what i'm getting is that local sales people are discriminating against locals? shouldnt the hate be directed towards lazy honger salesmen instead?
Old 01-20-2012, 04:17 AM   #37
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,438 Times in 1,436 Posts
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:36 AM   #38
I don't get it

Quote:

Also that Beijing prof is a total idiot.
I used to work at the Duty Free shop in YVR. Every time I work I see flights to Shanghai, Guangzhou and HK etc .

Shit load of mainlanders going to shanghai/guangzhou buy up to $3k worth of shit . Now this is just alcohol+smokes and sometimes clothing.

And HK people rarely buy past $100 bucks worth of shit. Maybe in the rare occassion there will be some baller HKer and buying alot of wine but thats really it.

So I don't really blame the salesman for ignoring the canto people because its a fact that they don't spend as much as the dailus.
Stormspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:52 AM   #39
Banned (ABWS)

Some Hongers are dogs.
MisterMu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:59 AM   #40
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
HKer's hatred towards mainlanders is undescribable, you seriously if have to live in HK to feel the tension between the two

im a HKer and im not mad that the prof went off like that, we say shit about them all the time, we just do say it on tv cuz if we do, we'll prob have the chinese gov knocking on our doors

and i do think HK is being bullied by mainland, ever since 97, but how can they not be? mainland is a whole fucking country, HK is just a little island in comparison
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:14 AM   #41
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Went to Hong Kong for the first time ever in my life last June and i was warned about Mainlanders in HK. Rude, pushy, loud and inconsiderate!

Met many HK'ers and everyone was so nice, spoke pretty softly that was tolerable. It was when i visited Ocean Park that i grew a natural hatred towards mainlanders. Loud Annoying Mainlanders everywhere, Within 1 hour visiting the park i wanted out. I was siting having lunch with the girlfriend when a family next to us decides to Toss all their garbage into beautiful garden behind us instead of getting up and walking 4 fuckin steps to the garbage can. My girlfriend didn't let it slide, She went off on them yelling in english even though she speaks both canto/mand. they went fishing over the fence and were made out to look like total asses.
friedn00dles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:20 AM   #42
br2
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

i didnt get to go to disney land because the last time i was at hk, they were climbing up the fences and i figured it will be worst once i get in

edit: saw a mainlander girl clipping her nails on the skytrain. white guy sitting next to her was seriously freaked out rofl

Last edited by br2; 01-20-2012 at 08:31 AM.
br2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:33 AM   #43
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,163 Times in 1,548 Posts
Mainlander disdain, and recognition of their primitive mannerisms, is seemingly universal in regions around China. People will take their money, but nobody likes them.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:37 AM   #44

Thanked 1,276 Times in 308 Posts
NIMBY

HK'ers have been doing that to Canadians since the mid 90's and we tolerated it. Tough sh!t.
IMASA is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-20-2012, 08:40 AM   #45
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,163 Times in 1,548 Posts
^^^

I don't think our HK situation was as bad as their Mainlander situation. We weren't dealing with the Asian equivalent of the Beverly Hill Billies.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:42 AM   #46

eh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiuYi View Post
can any mandarin speaker tell me why mandarin speakers (especially older men) like to finish each sentence with "ha"? like "blah blah blah blah blah. ha."

its always bugged me cuz sounds like the person is forcing you to agree with them, but its like almost everybody does this!!!
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:54 AM   #47
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
It's funny that I came across this video just moments after seeing a mainland mom have her son pee into a plastic bag, tie it up and throw it in the garbage, much like you would do with A DOG. this is in a mall btw, not outside
Posted via RS Mobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheDLo View Post
Wtf skinny, really? I do that shit when I'm high as fuck and can't hold my pee literally, like at the brink of peeing in my pants and my bladder is exploding
Posted via RS Mobile
you pee in plastic bags when you're high? man thats fucked up, i bet you'd be funny as shit to get high with though lol.
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:23 AM   #48
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
hongers are very racist/prejudice (they hate indians, mainlanders, filipinos, dark skinned chinese people, viets, etc)

and since mainlanders are becoming more and more wealthy and filling up HK, the Hongers cant stand it and are hating on them because hongers are used to being the more wealthy group and they've always looked down at mainlanders as farmers who come to HK to be thugs & prostitutes

so they'll nitpick on every little thing even if hongers do the same things themselves

you can thank the british for instilling a class system in the mind of hongers.. thats why hongers look down at everyone even dark skinned chinese people

granted more mainlanders than hongers, even though they're wealthy now, have a more communal/peasant upbringing than hongers do; so you get actions which seem repulsive to hongers like letting a child who has to go the washroom to just go wherever they're standing but actions like being very loud, inconsiderate, etc are very much inherent to hongers as well but they'll ignore that fact and still dis mainlanders over it

there are "dogs" in both hongers and mainlanders

this really isn't newsworthy at all... you've got hongers making songs about dissing mainlanders, like they did in the late 80s/90s with Viet refugees (there was a really popular song hitting the charts telling viets to go home) even though most of them were ethnically chinese (and spoke it too), and doing all sorts of other shit but it doesn't get its own thread

side note its funny how skinny seems to be offended its like he thinks he's a honger

Last edited by StylinRed; 01-20-2012 at 09:29 AM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-20-2012, 09:27 AM   #49
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,779 Times in 2,488 Posts
Quote:
side note, i was in hongkong in 2009 with a bunch of coworkers. we were walking along in the causeway bay shopping district when some asshole in a 5 series ran over my buddy's foot. he was screaming in pain but the guy didnt bother stopping, two of us had to chase the car down for a block. luckily it couldnt go far but everyone saw it,
so what did you do when you caught up with him?

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:33 AM   #50
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
PLEASE!!!! BOYCOTT HONG KONG.
WHILE YOU ARE AT IT BOYCOTT VANCOUVER TOO!!!