REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-23-2016, 09:44 AM   #6226
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaz View Post
suggestions coming out that shinkaruk has some hodgson like problems
Maybe Dim Jim is not so dim after all.

I also think that JB could be giving out these reports to the media about Shinkaruk in order to spin the trade announcement to make it look favorable for him.
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2016, 09:46 AM   #6227
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaz View Post
suggestions coming out that shinkaruk has some hodgson like problems
They are saying the same thing about Drouin and Benning still seems to be interested in him.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2016, 09:47 AM   #6228
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
Can any of you guys see the bigger picture?

You guys all had AV and GMMG's heads on sticks for years leading up to their firing's and were fucking excited like little girls when they were, and even more excited when GMJB was hired because he was a great scout and came from a great organization. 2 years in, and you hate him now too. AV clearly wasn't a bad coach, seeing as hes continued the same success in NY.

you all hated GMMG for not making deals happen, even tho it was clear that Aquaman was meddling at that time, and it was hinted at after. now you all hate GMJB for not making deals AND hate Aquaman and half of you swear that Aquaman is forcing the team to the playoffs for 2 games worth of revenue. has that actually been shown anywhere or is it just e-gossiping? Aquaman is a terrificly successful business man and holds onto properties for long term investments. do you think hes short sighted enough to think 2 playoff game's worth of revenue when fan support is falling is worth more than a quick rebuild and have a contender that fans love? I bet shitty team ticket/merch sales + 2 play off game revenue is alot less than fan supported team sales + 2 (or 0, or lots) play off game revenue.

you all couldn't wait to trade Lu for a bag of pucks, now miss him dearly.

in training camp you guys were loving Bart for coming in and playing his way onto the team. half a season in, and that experiment didn't work, and you're all hating on JB for signing him in the first place.

This place is like US politics
Its the what have you done for me lately mentality.

You also forgot everyone was fine with sacrificing the future to win the cup. Of course we didn't which also led to MG hatred
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 09:47 AM   #6229

yea but drouin has them elite skillz, others don't lol
Old 02-23-2016, 10:12 AM   #6230
My homepage has been set to RS

if i were picking between druin and shink! I would be taking drouin in a heartbeat...kids has skillz, speed and snipes for days he is a pure goal scorer...not saying shink isnt a scorer either but theres two different kinds of scorers...
Nabatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 10:16 AM   #6231
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabatron View Post
if i were picking between druin and shink! I would be taking drouin in a heartbeat...kids has skillz, speed and snipes for days he is a pure goal scorer...not saying shink isnt a scorer either but theres two different kinds of scorers...
Is there any particular reason why Drouin hasn't cracked the TBL lineup on a regular basis?
Or is the team just that stacked with NHL ready players?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 11:07 AM   #6232
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
Damn...Vrbata might be out a week.
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 11:08 AM   #6233
In RS I Trust

if it's nothing major he can still be traded
Old 02-23-2016, 12:16 PM   #6234
nah

Still not sold on Drouin, could be the best Juniors player but a bust in the NHL.

The name Alexandre Daigle ring a bell?
nah is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2016, 12:47 PM   #6235

This is my guess about what JB, I hope, is doing to rebuild the team.

-Increase salary cap room by trading away Hamhuis, Hansen, Vrbata, Prust and buying out Higgins.

-Trade for Drouin.
-Use the salary cap room available to offer a huge contract in the 10 million per year range to attract Stamkos to sign with the team in the offseason.

Dim Jim is trying to get two Lightning players on the team.

Use draft picks and prospects to rebuild the team's defence.

He is trying to put Lightning in a bottle to jumpstart this team?
Old 02-23-2016, 12:55 PM   #6236

^nah!
Old 02-23-2016, 12:58 PM   #6237

well if he acquires drouin, and signs some ufas the rebuild would be fast-tracked. stamkos seems like too much unless burrows, sbisa, and Higgins magically diappear

top 6: sedin-sedin- Hansen
drouin-horvat-lucic/Eriksson

that's big upgrades on bae and vrbata
leaves a younger but possibly competent bottom six(without vey).
Boeser, Virtanen, and the draft pick this year as the next wave to join the team full time in a couple years.
d would need work tho
Old 02-23-2016, 12:59 PM   #6238

supposedly they havent asked hamhuis to waive his no trade....wtf.....
Old 02-23-2016, 01:00 PM   #6239
In RS I Trust

Stamkos might hate Drouin with all the bs he's been playing watch that happening
Old 02-23-2016, 01:02 PM   #6240
In RS I Trust

Quote:
They might be saying that so hopefully they get better offer's from more teams.
Old 02-23-2016, 01:26 PM   #6241
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
This is my guess about what JB, I hope, is doing to rebuild the team.

-Increase salary cap room by trading away Hamhuis, Hansen, Vrbata, Prust and buying out Higgins.

-Trade for Drouin.
-Use the salary cap room available to offer a huge contract in the 10 million per year range to attract Stamkos to sign with the team in the offseason.

Dim Jim is trying to get two Lightning players on the team.

Use draft picks and prospects to rebuild the team's defence.

He is trying to put Lightning in a bottle to jumpstart this team?
Don't set yourself up for disappointment...
Devastator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 01:54 PM   #6242

Why would Stamkos want to come here? Why would he be interested in helping a team rebuild? Wouldn't he rather go to a Cup contender? It's not like we are one or two impact players away from being a Cup contender.
tonyzoomzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 02:02 PM   #6243

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyzoomzoom View Post
Why would Stamkos want to come here? Why would he be interested in helping a team rebuild? Wouldn't he rather go to a Cup contender? It's not like we are one or two impact players away from being a Cup contender.
same can be said for the Leafs
Old 02-23-2016, 02:15 PM   #6244

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyzoomzoom View Post

The issue is whether the championship contending teams have room in their salary cap to sign Stamkos to a big contract. Do the Blackhawks, Capitals, etc have the ability to sign him to 9 million, 10 million per year contract?

He may want to play for the teams but can those contenders afford to sign him without trading some of their top players away? Can these teams afford to sign Stamkos as a free agent in the offseason?
Old 02-23-2016, 02:20 PM   #6245

Jesus...Can you image the Blackhawks some how make room to sign Stamkos?

They would finish you on the PP on a nightly basis never mind trying to contain then 5 on 5...haha
Devastator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 02:26 PM   #6246
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Typically ask player if they are willing to waive AFTER you have a deal in principle done, officially anyways
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2016, 02:29 PM   #6247
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,141 Times in 385 Posts
No thanks on McCann for anyone, specially drouin.
Old 02-23-2016, 02:49 PM   #6248
In RS I Trust

Well it looks like the caps got the dman they wanted

Old 02-23-2016, 03:03 PM   #6249

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
From Hockey Widow of Canucks Corner ('insider' who reported about Garrison being asked to waive his NTC a few years back. Somewhat reliable but take everything with a grain of salt) :

Quote:
Just got off the phone with a friend and he provided me with a little gossip and rumour.

* a lot of confusion in the dressing room. Says the players he meets with have that deer in the headlights look. They are I guess in a dazed sorta way. They just can't believe they are where they are, how the wheels fell off so early in the season and just never corrected. They refused to use injuries as the excuse but do acknowledge injuries have played a part. Everyone he has talked says they are a better team than what the standings show and seem at a loss to explain this season.

* the dressing room is not as fractured as it was a few weeks back which has me speculating that Prust may have been part of the issue but I'm just guessing. He says there are still issues in the room but wouldn't or couldn't elaborate.

* told me Hamhuis, Vrbata, Burrows, Hansen and Edler would all consider waiving their NTC but have yet been asked to. None of them want to go but if asked would considered it. Vrbata would like to finish out the season here and would consider re-singing here in July but will test the market.

* he does not believe there is a disconnect between management and ownership. He just believes that they all thought this transition idea was a good one. Unfortunately he believes they still do. They are pretty insistent that there will not be a full out tear down. They plan to continue the trend of moving a few vets out each year and bringing younger guys in.

* he was not surprised that Shinkaruk was traded. Said Benning has been trying to trade him from day one. Benning does not like his game and was one of the assets he identified very early as not fitting into the long term plans. They needed him to have this breakout year in Utica in order to move him. Last year he couldn't even get a second for him. He was offered up for Clendenning and Chicago said no, they wanted Forsling. LA wouldn't take him for Vey, they wanted the second. As far as my friend knows there were no off ice issues or attitude problems with him. Benning just did not like his game.

* knows management is pissed with this season. Still pissed over the playoff loss. Knows Benning is trying to trade 2-3 players, all the usual suspects I would guess, but my friend has no idea what, if anything may be in the works. He doesn't expect any great returns and has heard that Benning has been unable to drum up the interest he thought he would be able to. He doesn't know if this on Benning or if our players are that lowly valued.

* a lot of anxious players right now as they know that almost any of them, not named Sedin or Miller, could be gone. I guess for a number of the remaining core they haven't had to really deal with this reality in a long time.

* on Miller, he does not believe Benning will trade him, now or in the summer. Benning is pretty insistent that Miller is their number one and will be next year, as the plan will be to make the playoffs next year as well. In fact Benning has said that depending upon Markstrom's development next year they would consider bringing Miller back for 1-2 years as Demko develops in the pros. He does not see Markstrom as a number one at this point. I get the sense that he sees Markstrom as the stop gap until Demko is ready. But this could change over the course of the next year I guess.

* they have started to get calls on Prust and Higgins but nothing imminent. If they get traded expect 6-7 round picks. Higgins is apparently playing very well and he has/is being scouted in Utica. Let's hope.

As always, gossip, rumour and speculation. Nothing here comes from direct sources so take it for what it's worth.
Old 02-23-2016, 03:07 PM   #6250
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
* on Miller, he does not believe Benning will trade him, now or in the summer. Benning is pretty insistent that Miller is their number one and will be next year, as the plan will be to make the playoffs next year as well. In fact Benning has said that depending upon Markstrom's development next year they would consider bringing Miller back for 1-2 years as Demko develops in the pros. He does not see Markstrom as a number one at this point. I get the sense that he sees Markstrom as the stop gap until Demko is ready. But this could change over the course of the next year I guess.
oh god.
OGCStrike is offline   Reply With Quote