REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-25-2016, 08:02 AM   #6351
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts

Farhan reporting Hawks have serious interest in Hammer and Vrbata. Could get a nice haul but watch Benning not move them because he thinks Canucks have a shot at the playoffs and cup lol
Advertisement
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 08:06 AM   #6352
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,577 Times in 4,294 Posts
how awesome would that be to move both of them to the Hawks, I could see that being a nice blockbuster for us.

Funny that reports came out last week saying they were just interested in Hansen.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 08:10 AM   #6353
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Given JB's track record, I'd be happy with anything solid in return. I don't have much expectation since return is most likely likely underwhelming.

A good return for Hamhuis is 1st + 2nd (Philly's) + roster/prospect. But since we're talking about JB, it could be 1st + Svedberg or 1st + Bickell
pure.life is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-25-2016, 08:15 AM   #6354
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,679 Posts
-really hoping that Team Tank shows up in the Ottawa game tonight and the Sharks game on Sunday. This team needs to lose badly in both games in order to destroy any delusions that Dim Jim and Aquaman have about this team making the playoffs.

Canucks must be sellers on next Monday. Fire sale for Hammer, Vrbata, Prust, Higgins, Weber. Get a proper rebuild going. Heck, get rid of Bartkowski too.

Go Tank go! C'mon Sens and Sharks, light this team up!!!

As a side note, I'm sure that Aquilini can make up for those revenue losses from the Canucks by making money in his other business ventures.

A buddy of mine does business with Aquaman. He found out from the big boss that Aquaman is diversifying his business empire. Where?

Aquilini has a hazardous waste treatment and disposal business in the Philippines. You can make money getting rid of waste.

If only Dim Jim can get rid of the garbage like Bartkowski as easily as Aquaman getting into the garbage disposal business.

FYI: Aquilini Renewable Energy.

http://www.sciencepark.com.ph/en/new...cates-at-clip/

Last edited by pastarocket; 02-25-2016 at 08:24 AM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 08:23 AM   #6355
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
We basically play all 5 games against the sharks in march. I hope they dominate us
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 08:24 AM   #6356
In RS I Trust

They dominate us when we play well, watch us actually win now when it doesn't matter....
Old 02-25-2016, 08:49 AM   #6357
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Ratface with the assist on ending Salo's career.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 08:51 AM   #6358
My homepage has been set to RS

the only guys I would probably want from chicago beside their studs obviously would be...

panarin, teravainen, dont really know any of there dman...

logically what we most likely will get for vrbata and hamhuis would be..

1st maybe a 2nd and bickell
Nabatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 09:01 AM   #6359
In RS I Trust

Chicago would never give up Teravaninen but we all could wish
Old 02-25-2016, 09:02 AM   #6360

the thing is would we want another small skilled forward in teravaninen we have alot of small players
Old 02-25-2016, 09:11 AM   #6361
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabatron View Post
the thing is would we want another small skilled forward in teravaninen we have alot of small players
I'd love to have Tuevo on our team but can he play defense? He hasn't shown that yet. If he can't play D but love to score, JB doesn't want him on our team (Shinkaruk)
pure.life is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-25-2016, 09:26 AM   #6362
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
Vrbata and Hammer for Bickell sounds about right
cdizzle_996 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-25-2016, 09:31 AM   #6363

I wouldnt be surprised if bickell will be a part of the trade...
Old 02-25-2016, 09:33 AM   #6364

if its a 1st a 2nd bickell and a prospect ill take it!
Old 02-25-2016, 09:54 AM   #6365

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
no Vrbata at morning skate... DUN DUN DUN

or maybe the injury is more serious
Old 02-25-2016, 10:00 AM   #6366

pretty sure he is injured and day to day...so dont think he would be skating..
Old 02-25-2016, 10:00 AM   #6367
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
lol...i wouldn't get my hopes up with Chicago showing serious interests.

JB has 97% chance of fucking a trade up.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 10:04 AM   #6368
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,046 Times in 1,176 Posts
Hey, a bag of pucks from the current Stanley Cup champs is worth more than the same thing from any other team...
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 10:16 AM   #6369
In RS I Trust

Hammer on with 1040 talking about how he likes winning so I have a feeling if he was asked to wave his NTC he would do it if he was going to the Hawks.

He also said he loves Vancouver and want's to stay here so I'm hope a trade and resign him in the offseason would work out.
Old 02-25-2016, 10:16 AM   #6370
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
no Vrbata at morning skate... DUN DUN DUN

or maybe the injury is more serious
They said a few days ago that Vrbata is "out" for the next week due to an "injury"
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 10:39 AM   #6371

hamhuis should pull a vermette...go to chicago get a chance to win the cup..if he wins have a parade for the fans....and then resign in van for a couple years!
Old 02-25-2016, 10:56 AM   #6372
In RS I Trust

A possible Canucks trade with Chicago has legs | The Province

Quote:

Posted by:
Jason Botchford

Now, what if the Canucks were to help the Chicago Blackhawks in a Stanley Cup?

Would you care?

I guess it depends entirely on the return.

A TSN twitter report revealed today that the Hawks are interested in both Dan Hamhuis and Radim Vrbata.

Yes, both.

My understanding is if the Canucks are to deal both Hamhuis and Vrbata to Chicago it would not be for a current NHL player.

Instead, it would be for picks and prospects, and, in what is currently the most likely scenario, it would be one of each, and each would be high end.

Plus, the Canucks are probably going to need to retain salary. That last part may take some negotiating yet.

The Canucks haven’t been shy about their desire to acquire young defencemen.

General Manager Jim Benning revealed that is what he was looking for during the process of trading Hunter Shinkaruk.

The most obvious candidate in Chicago is the highly talented Ville Pokka, a 21-year-old right-shot defenceman who has 27 point in 52 games with Rockford this season.

Pokka was a New York Islanders second-round pick in 2012, and was moved to Chicago in 2014 as part of the Nick Leddy deal.

He’s a defenceman who should be in the NHL next year, which would be right in the Canucks wheelhouse.

When ESPN did its top 100 rankings of prospects, Pokka was No. 64.

There really isn’t another defensive prospect in Chicago that would make sense here. Not like Pokka.

All of this would still hinge on Hamhuis deciding to waive his full no-trade clause, and there is no indication of where that’s going to go.

He said today the Canucks still haven’t asked him to waive after the team’s morning skate.

Old 02-25-2016, 11:24 AM   #6373

I would take Pokka and a 2nd/3rd for Hamhuis no questions asked. Pokka has the skillset to be a strong all-round defencemen who can skate, has the defensive mindset, but can potentially put up 30 points from the back-end.
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 11:29 AM   #6374
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_o2 View Post
I would take Pokka and a 2nd/3rd for Hamhuis no questions asked. Pokka has the skillset to be a strong all-round defencemen who can skate, has the defensive mindset, but can potentially put up 30 points from the back-end.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 11:31 AM   #6375
In RS I Trust

Hockey's Future - Ville Pokka

Quote:
2014-15: Pokka attended training camp with the Islanders before being acquired by Chicago just prior to the start of the season as part of the multi-player trade that sent defenseman Nick Leddy to New York. He skated for Blackhawks’ AHL affiliate Rockford in his first pro season in North America. Pokka scored 5 of his 8 goals on the power play with 22 assists and had an even plus/minus with 16 penalty minutes in 68 regular season games. The IceHogs finished second in the Midwest Division and reached the second round in the AHL playoffs. Pokka was -4 with 3 assists and no penalties in eight playoff games.

Talent Analysis

Pokka projects to being the type of strong skating, persistent defender who can also contribute to the attack. Not an overly physical defenseman despite an ideal frame, he handles the puck well and is adept at generating pressure on the transition. He continues to develop his overall game in a very deep Blackhawks' organization and is getting closer to being NHL-ready.

Future

Pokka attended his first training camp with Chicago before being assigned to AHL affiliate Rockford to star that the 2015-16 season. In his second year with the IceHogs, Pokka is expected to be the top offensive defenseman for Rockford with AHL veteran T.J. Brennan now in Toronto. The Blackhawks have a deep group of experienced defenseman in Chicago and Pokka may have to bide his time until either trades or injury present an opportunity. Long-term he has the potential to be an effective middle pairing puck mover