REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Okanagan Automotive Chat > Okanagan Off-Topic

Okanagan Off-Topic Whatever ya wanna talk about
Talk about anything unrelated to automotive discussion.

Old 08-02-2005, 05:25 PM   #10626
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

that blows....sure as hell isn't much protection in those things...what did you hit?
Advertisement
Lowriduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 05:37 PM   #10627
My homepage has been set to RS

crazy hippy tail gating
AzN_ignite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 05:37 PM   #10628
VLS Head Mod

Quote:
Originally posted by Lowriduh
it's 9 bucks plus comission I can live w/ that for a while...
that's good. That's what u'd be making if u worked at Convergys for AmEx, well 9.05 but .05 doesn't mean shit, lol
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 05:45 PM   #10629
Larger Than Life Mod

Quote:
Originally posted by AzN_ignite
crazy hippy tail gating
I came around a corner. Line of cars was stopped, for some reason It entered my head that they were all at the side of the road, so I veered left a little, realized I was heading into on coming traffic, steered back, hit the brakes, no response, pumped them up, locked em up and bam, nailed the truck in front of me (chev silverado), there was no tailgating involved.

I'm not a biker, I'm a Crotch Rocketeer

Last edited by Big Daddy; 08-02-2005 at 05:46 PM.
Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 05:49 PM   #10630
VLS Head Mod

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Daddy
I came around a corner. Line of cars was stopped, for some reason It entered my head that they were all at the side of the road, so I veered left a little, realized I was heading into on coming traffic, steered back, hit the brakes, no response, pumped them up, locked em up and bam, nailed the truck in front of me (chev silverado), there was no tailgating involved.
shitty, now ur insurance rates are going to go up
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
Old 08-02-2005, 05:50 PM   #10631

saucy: yeah...the money is not bad, but I'm not sure how I'll like the actual job...but hey...it's work at least I can brag that w/in 24 hrs of pulling into Kamloops I had a job haha

Big Daddy: ouch...is he going through ICBC? I imagine there wasn't too much damage to his truck....
Old 08-02-2005, 05:51 PM   #10632
VLS Head Mod

lol.. yeah true, but u could've came to convergys and not had to worry about cold calling people. If u were going to work in a call center you should've came to ours, lol

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
Old 08-02-2005, 05:51 PM   #10633

Quote:
i know it all happens so fast, you cant really do much but hold on
Old 08-02-2005, 06:00 PM   #10634
Larger Than Life Mod

not sure on ICBC yet, depends on the damage to his truck, at first glance it was tailgate, bumper andrear quarter panel, might be better off privately...

Old 08-02-2005, 06:05 PM   #10635

yeah...thankfully it's a truck...which means that changing the rear quarters is a laugh compared to a car....good luck...I hope you can solve it privately
Old 08-02-2005, 11:40 PM   #10636
TC-13*

Quote:
Wrote off the van today, rear ended someone at 10-15km/h. Whole front caved in, dash bent, foot got wedged between the brake pedal and sheet metal, knee got bashed by sheet metal, not fun at all.
Did the cops come and give you an Undue Care ticket? I got one when I rammed a car with my dad's truck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_TEG View Post
fat chicks dont have feelings.
RedCeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 12:01 AM   #10637
Larger Than Life Mod

Somehow I got a following too close...

Old 08-03-2005, 11:59 AM   #10638
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thats what i got when i rear-ended that guy in the winter
RSVC #9

Thats a really nice story... but does it come in interesting?

'02 3.0L Ford Ranger Edge

'85 3.8L V6 Mustang (Gone :()

Support Your Rev Scene Artists, visit or post your own work on the Import Personal Art Forum! Click Here!
Festus351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 03:50 PM   #10639
Larger Than Life Mod

but he was already stopped by the time I came around the corner, if anything, it shoulda been undue care and attention.

Old 08-03-2005, 04:10 PM   #10640

no kidding...the good thing is...you WERE guilty of undue care and attention...HOWEVER...you were not guilty of following too close. Fight it and you'll win. Tell them that you fell asleep...but didnt' follow too close

my buddy and I were once bombing around on the highway and someone called the cops on us. Next thing we know we were surrounded by squadcars and they tried to pin streetracing on us. That's what we were reported for. I told them we weren't racing we were simply speeding. There was nothing they could do about it so they let us go
Old 08-03-2005, 04:12 PM   #10641

btw...did the Island mods catch on? 'cuz I can't see the Island Import Forums I mean if they're gonna ban me from there (no skin off my back) I might as well get my old account back...sheesh...whatever happened to live and let live.

ON A BRIGHTER NOTE!!! I met bentforks today and damn...another super nice guy....alloveryou was really nice again, but I didnt' wanna bug him too much, so I talked to bent and so far I'm totally blown away by the welcome I'm getting here...THANKS

oh...started my job today...kinda sucks, but the chick who was hired w/ me is really cool so that makes it easier...and I got a call from United Furniture for a 2nd interview
Old 08-03-2005, 05:31 PM   #10642
Larger Than Life Mod

Yeah...they know

Old 08-03-2005, 05:56 PM   #10643

well....since I'm banned anyways is there a way to get my old accont back and ditch this one? and has anyone said anything about why I was banned in the first place? if any of this is too much trouble/effort for you, don't bother... I'm actually kinda happy to be COMPLETELY out of the Island BS and drama loop....and quite happy here in Kamloops (both online and in real life...)
Old 08-03-2005, 06:05 PM   #10644
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
u get my pm?
Old 08-03-2005, 06:09 PM   #10645
TC-13*

Quote:
but he was already stopped by the time I came around the corner, if anything, it shoulda been undue care and attention.
You're lucky you got following too close. Undue care is $387 and 6 points. I'm not sure if that would work to fight it...or if they could just write you an undue care ticket after.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_TEG View Post
fat chicks dont have feelings.
RedCeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 06:24 PM   #10646
Larger Than Life Mod

nevermind then

Old 08-03-2005, 06:29 PM   #10647

Quote:
Originally posted by RedCeli
You're lucky you got following too close. Undue care is $387 and 6 points. I'm not sure if that would work to fight it...or if they could just write you an undue care ticket after.
that was what i was think when i saw his post
Old 08-03-2005, 07:34 PM   #10648

well its been a month now since the worse day of my life, when i got into that accident and lost my pride and joy in a blink of an eye. it was seriously one of the hardest times i've gone thru. During this month i've been driving my pizza beater and somethings came to mind like, why did i not appreciate it as much untill its gone and not with me. everyday i go back and look at the pictures of what i created, and deffenitly brings back some good memories.

well everything went smooth with ICBC and all the ppl there that helped me out were very nice and understanding. everything got sorted out really fast and from dial a claim to finish with ICBC was only about a week. i ended up getting pretty good money for my car and now life moves on

Last edited by AzN_ignite; 08-03-2005 at 07:35 PM.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:02 AM   #10649

glad to hear you're moving on. but when it comes to it, it was just a car. cars can be replaced. what can't be replaced? a life. one of my co-workers who i've become pretty good friends with is going through a terrible tragedy right now. three days ago his 2 1/2 year old daughter drowned in their backyard swimming pool, i couldn't imagine the pain him and his wife are feeling. at work we are doing all we can to help, we cleaned up his yard, go over there for support, and we're all donating money for the funeral and costs of food and whatnot. we are also collecting bottles and hope to have a full trailer by this weekend. please, refrain from any unnecessary comments, and don't ask me how it happened. i don't really feel like talking about it.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:56 AM   #10650
Banned for being an idiot

i understand what your trying to say Steve...

But think about this... what happens if you never had a kid to start with. When a car means as much to someone as their kid.. Now your the one partially at fault for loss of that "kid". It would be like accidentally drowning that child of yours. Or in Waylons case, crashing his car. I understand that in all reality of things it's not the same, but in some ways it very much is. A car is not just a car anymore when you change it in such a way that is more and more like your personality. Your in the car every day, and you spend you free time with it, washing, waxing and polishing it because you love it.

I know what you mean waylon, when i heard my prelude was carelessly written off i was absolutely heart broken. It is a hard thing to go through... Hope your next gal treats you as well as the lude did.

I'm sorry to hear about your co-worker Steve... I could not even imagine....
down_hill_dog is offline   Reply With Quote