REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Okanagan Automotive Chat > Okanagan Automotive Chat

Okanagan Automotive Chat Kelowna, Penticton, Vernon, Kamloops, BC Interior and beyond.
BC Interior Auto-Related Discussion..

Old 12-14-2006, 07:36 PM   #2801
RS Veteran

Oil change on the civic. Also new plugs, cap and rotor. Gonna do new valve cover gasket/spark plug grommets along with new wire leads this weekend.
Advertisement

Follow Me on Instagram @ tommtomm84

02 BMW M3 - Supercharged
94 BMW 318 - M3'd and M50'd - SOLD
90 Integra GS-Turbo - 11.180 @ 140.86mph DOT Tires - SOLD
Tchleung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 12:41 AM   #2802
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Threw the AVI into the subby today. Amp needs some tuning, but it sounds good

www.ColinPhoto.ca
ColinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 01:46 PM   #2803
Banned for being an idiot

Washed the car today and used a can of throttle body cleaner to get the s/c and the intake charge all nice and spanky again. In the process of cleaning my k&n filter right now
down_hill_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 04:45 PM   #2804
My homepage has been set to RS

Filled the washer fluid, topped up the oil and tested the charging system. The amps keep having voltage drops yet the alt is holding a steady 14.89volts. checked and re-checked my grounds... lol its like babysitting an electronic device.
LADIES!!! Tired of being alone? Going through too many batteries at bedtime? Would you like a "hand"?? Well, you're in luck!!! S.T.U.D.S IS HERE FOR YOU!!! We offer all types of services, from a basic lube, to the full service! S.T.U.D.S.
girlcrazy_420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 05:42 PM   #2805
OK Head Mod

14.89 is too high for an alternator to be normally running, your battery is more than likely pooched
Old 12-18-2006, 09:53 PM   #2806

Battery is about 2 weeks old. Got it the day we had the -25 weather. I've got another one on order, and this one is going back tomarrow under warranty since it failed a load test by about 100cca.

I dont mind the high amperage of the alternator, I'd rather have too high than too low. The more volts=the more RMS the amps will run for a better sounding stereo. It holds a steady voltage between no load and everything on inc. stereo/lights. I put a Bosch Alt in 3 weeks ago from lordco. Glad its doing its job...
LADIES!!! Tired of being alone? Going through too many batteries at bedtime? Would you like a "hand"?? Well, you're in luck!!! S.T.U.D.S IS HERE FOR YOU!!! We offer all types of services, from a basic lube, to the full service! S.T.U.D.S.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:55 AM   #2807
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

14v is what your altenator should put out. Impulse_rs why do you post in the mod of the day thread when all you are doing is basic maintenance? I just thought this thread should be about actual mods.

Started pulling the rear quarters off the Jimmy today. 82 jimmy convertible 4spd 6.2 diesel (soon to be turbo and propane injection) on 36" swampers. Bought replacement panels doors etc will be painted either dark blue black or pearl white with audi black leather heated seats custom floor etc its going to be fun.
whitetalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 06:45 PM   #2808

9006 Silverstar Ultras today. Little less BRIGHT than original Silverstars, but they seem to throw light a little further and theyre a little less bluey/WHITE. I was looking more for longevity as well i've gone through 3 bulbs in this car since april.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:12 PM   #2809
RS Veteran

the new ultras aren't as bright? really? I thought they were advertised to be brighter and light up further?

02 BMW M3 - Supercharged
Old 12-19-2006, 08:46 PM   #2810
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally posted by down_hill_dog
i've gone through 3 bulbs in this car since april.
wow...ya i thought new ultra's were suppose to be the best out there?
post a pic of the new bulbs at night craig
Old 12-23-2006, 02:07 PM   #2811

Project Lift: Got some 1/2ton leafs that i'm in the process of installing into the XJ. Gonna lift the rear somewhere around 4inches, with a used set of BFG all terrains ready to be put on rims, and I've still gotta figure out something for the front. Already did the removal of the sway bars... Gonna sway like a motherfucker Still in debate of making some custom shackles, or stick with the stock ones. Hopefully I can put the Arc to work and get the front diff welded up. Pics to follow in a few days,

Last edited by girlcrazy_420; 12-23-2006 at 02:08 PM.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:10 PM   #2812

Quote:
Originally posted by G2Teggin
the new ultras aren't as bright? really? I thought they were advertised to be brighter and light up further?
theyre not as BRIGHT, they throw light in more directions though. What i'm saying is there is light everywhere now instead of it being concentrated in areas.

Quote:
Originally posted by saloman
wow...ya i thought new ultra's were suppose to be the best out there?
post a pic of the new bulbs at night craig
We'll see if they are and how long they last. It's somthing with the 01+ miata headlights.. They tend to burn out aftermarket bulbs often. We'll see how they last.
Old 12-24-2006, 01:16 PM   #2813

1998 impreza 2.5rs seats front and rear

jdm apexi power intake

//geby; car back soon says:
lagggggggg
. says:
lag = traction
bmxkelowna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 11:26 AM   #2814
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

putting off the loud ass HOWLING noise coming from my alternator sure bit me in the ass last night.
it finally seized on me when i was in the left turn lane for abbott coming off the bridge.

so modded a new (used) alternator.
Chandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 11:22 AM   #2815

installed the satelite radio yesterday, one in the FJ and one in the winter Integra.....so here is my question, Danny where is the best place to put the antenna on the Integra? I am getting "acquiring signal" a lot more then I like, and it seems more staticy then another siruis radio i have heard in an integra

other then that I love the radio
Old 01-01-2007, 12:28 PM   #2816
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Roof is prolly your best bet. And maybe keep it away from the stock antenna? I dont know if that would cause interference though.

www.ColinPhoto.ca
ColinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 12:50 PM   #2817

paul, if it is still super staticy and fuzzy sounding, come down and see me for a special antenna you plug into the radio.. It will help kill any of that.
Old 01-01-2007, 03:16 PM   #2818
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Release Bearing modded itself dry in my 92 Miata. Looks like another week aithout a vehicle until the ACT 4 Puck arrives
KelownaRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 04:04 PM   #2819

whats done to it that you need an act 4 puck???
Old 01-01-2007, 04:35 PM   #2820
OK Head Mod

yeah paul, throw the antenna on the roof, and stop by to grab the adapter we have, it should fix most of your static.

Also, If you want to eliminate all the static and improve the sound quality a bunch, run the sirius radio into your deck's RCA inputs if it has them.

Last edited by fourtirefire; 01-01-2007 at 04:37 PM.
fourtirefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 05:00 PM   #2821
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally posted by down_hill_dog
whats done to it that you need an act 4 puck???
At this point nothing yet. Come spring there should be a Jackson Racing Supercharger so i figure while im down there may as well upgrade now, Plus no use in spending $300 for an oem clutch kit now, and then 4 months later another $500. I didnt actually want to go as extreme as a 4 puck but i dont think the oem replacement street disc would cut it and the high performance street disc is like a $100 more than the 4 puck, so i figured may as well

Last edited by KelownaRS; 01-01-2007 at 05:01 PM.
KelownaRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 05:24 PM   #2822
RS Veteran

Pucked discs for the win! :P

02 BMW M3 - Supercharged
Old 01-01-2007, 05:40 PM   #2823
OK Head Mod

The ACT street disc with heavy duty pressure plate is more than enough of a clutch for the traction your rear wheels are going to have. I used that setup on my turbo awd DSM, it snapped axles and the diff multiple times. I couldn't imagine how quickly a 4 puck would tear apart the driveline. Not to mention you'll begin to hate driving your car in traffic having an on/off switch as a clutch.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:52 PM   #2824

Quote:
Originally posted by KelownaRS
At this point nothing yet. Come spring there should be a Jackson Racing Supercharger so i figure while im down there may as well upgrade now, Plus no use in spending $300 for an oem clutch kit now, and then 4 months later another $500. I didnt actually want to go as extreme as a 4 puck but i dont think the oem replacement street disc would cut it and the high performance street disc is like a $100 more than the 4 puck, so i figured may as well
Trust me dude, even with the SC on that car you'll NEVER need more than a fresh OEM clutch. Reason being, it'll take you $10000 to get the power you need to make an oem clutch slip. Then if you go with a 4 puck, your driveability goes into the toilet. Why not just go with somthing like an Exedy OEM replacement and save not only money, but frustration in trying to drive the thing aswell.

p.s. I still have a stock clutch. Do I need anything more? Definately not. Reason being? I can't make any noticeable gain in power without spending another $3000. And to get where i'm at from stock took a minimum of $5500 already. They are by no means cheap cars to build, everything is rediculously expensive.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:57 PM   #2825

if you do plan to supercharge the car, work on your cooling system first. Get a nice aluminum rad and slim fans in the car before the SC goes on. You'll never get the cooling you need out of that old tired system.

I'm looking at getting a Koyo 53mm rad for spring, and for the same rad in a honda/acura/toyota/dsm is $200 less