REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Okanagan Automotive Chat > Okanagan Automotive Chat

Okanagan Automotive Chat Kelowna, Penticton, Vernon, Kamloops, BC Interior and beyond.
BC Interior Auto-Related Discussion..

Old 01-15-2007, 05:28 PM   #2851
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

jesus tom... leave it in for such little weight.. drain your window washer fluid and u have almost that much haha.. really tho how much does 25 pounds relate to in terms of miliseconds off the 1/4 mile?

modded 3 inch exhaust on the pickup.. soundin sexay.. goes well wiht the K/N FIPK kit... now if i can only mod my dirt bike out of my hands.. id be happy
Advertisement

here i am today
Dirt Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 06:13 PM   #2852
OK Head Mod

100lbs less weight with the same power output is 1 tenth faster in the 1/4 mile.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:21 PM   #2853
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally posted by Dirt Rider

modded 3 inch exhaust on the pickup.. soundin sexay.. goes well wiht the K/N FIPK kit... now if i can only mod my dirt bike out of my hands.. id be happy
How much are you looking for? I and some buddies are looking for dirt bikes
Old 01-15-2007, 08:27 PM   #2854

Quote:
Originally posted by saloman
How much are you looking for? I and some buddies are looking for dirt bikes
check pm

here i am today
Old 01-18-2007, 04:05 PM   #2855
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

installed a PLX wideband O2 sensor in the integra today. did it at honda in a nice warm bay with all the wiring stuff i could have ever needed
jeffh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 10:40 PM   #2856
Banned for being an idiot

nice. when does the CHARGERRR go on?

I picked up a Cooling Mist Water injection kit off of Shawn this week. I don't think it'll go on until spring though
down_hill_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 08:58 AM   #2857
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

water or meth? How are you going to set it up? Kicks in after a certain psi? Always on? or on/off with a switch? I'm thinking of doing that down the road after I get a new ic...

www.ColinPhoto.ca
ColinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 09:47 AM   #2858

Colin, it a 150 psi water/methyl alcohol injection kit. Uses a boost activated switch and is adjustable to come on at 5-35 psi
Old 01-19-2007, 04:44 PM   #2859

Quote:
Originally posted by down_hill_dog
nice. when does the CHARGERRR go on?

I picked up a Cooling Mist Water injection kit off of Shawn this week. I don't think it'll go on until spring though
glad your working towards the goal of no ping should help the miata be fastarr, altho i still think a 50 shot of nawzzz woulda been more fun.

and my own lil blower is going on as soon as my ecu gets back from FROG and Ash gets me my mad partz
Old 01-19-2007, 05:53 PM   #2860
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

^ are you going to rebuild the engine first?

JR SC?

www.ColinPhoto.ca

Last edited by ColinK; 01-19-2007 at 05:53 PM.
ColinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 05:56 PM   #2861

yes jrsc.
no to rebuild. i dont have the money and i dont want the downtime as this is my only car right now. but i will be picking up a motor to build over the next year for when this motor lets go. i figure its jsut gonna get real tired real fast and start burning blue like nuts
Old 01-19-2007, 06:26 PM   #2862
Okanagan Mod Team

got that kit on yet craig? better post up some pics once its in.
92 240sx - 11.583 @ 120.72 mph - Ashcroft
05 Scion xB
Slo40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 08:19 PM   #2863

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffh
glad your working towards the goal of no ping should help the miata be fastarr, altho i still think a 50 shot of nawzzz woulda been more fun.

and my own lil blower is going on as soon as my ecu gets back from FROG and Ash gets me my mad partz
hah damn lordco.. the parts woulda been on the car.. but we are moving performance locations...

soon my young sir.. soon

here i am today
Old 01-19-2007, 09:07 PM   #2864

Quote:
Originally posted by Slo40
got that kit on yet craig? better post up some pics once its in.
Shawn, I actually think I might wait until spring. I have one other component to buy first..

There is a new fueling system that came out for the supercharged 01+ high compression VVT Miatas that helps to kill ping completely, driveability issues and idle dip. (HUGE problem in these SC'd engines, especially M62'd ones) Guys are seeing 20 whp across the board with it. It's called the PCpro, it's basically an updated version of my Jackson Racing Power Card. Adds a percentage of fuel per psi of boost. But it is designed to run in conjuction with the Miata setup, and features adjustable fuel per 500 rpm map similar to an S-AFC... But actually made for my car Only catch, it's not cheap. But is 150% plug and play, 2 minutes install for 20 hp over the current powercard.

And i'd like to do a pull as is right now, monster slow pulley, J&S ignition box pulling timing all over and a mild case of ping once nice and warm. I'd like to then install the PCpro/ WI and do a quick street tune with my small pulley and a fresh belt to see where i'm at. And then from there I can work on getting a good tune on all 3 systems (PCpro, WI, J&S) and get a decent number out of the car. Guys with that setup are putting down 250 to the wheels, stock engine and components, completely reliable.

Plus I don't have $500 u.s. plus taxes, duty, brokerage and all that right now. And I don't really want to do one without the other.

Last edited by down_hill_dog; 01-19-2007 at 09:12 PM.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:47 PM   #2865
RS Veteran

Does this PCPro alter map sensor signal outputs to change fuel values like the AFC as well? Or does your miata not run n a Map sensor?

Follow Me on Instagram @ tommtomm84

02 BMW M3 - Supercharged
94 BMW 318 - M3'd and M50'd - SOLD
90 Integra GS-Turbo - 11.180 @ 140.86mph DOT Tires - SOLD
Tchleung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 10:34 PM   #2866
OK Head Mod

your only limited to fuel output by your injector size and fuel pump capacity, I'd look at upgrading those base components first before having tuneability, otherwise your just going to end up running 100% duty cycle all the time with stock fuel system.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:04 AM   #2867

Tom, I'm not sure if it runs a map sensor or not. And to be honest, i'm not sure exactly how it works... it just does, and is supposed to make an immense difference.

And Danny, on the 01+ fuel injection components and engine itself will support upto 350 hp. 450cc injectors stock so i've heard. Built well, just re-tuning the ecu is nearly impossible, hence pigguback upon piggyback.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:14 AM   #2868
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

450cc injectors are stock dsm size injectors which max out at 270crank hp ish ....sounds like you should do more reading on your car if you dont know how the ecu reads air quantity. Injectors fuel pump and safc wideband O2 are what you need to make reliable hp. Or you could spend $500+ on a piggyback ecu chip.
whitetalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 02:14 PM   #2869

from what i do know about these cars, theyre much different than the average car. The companies who produce the SC parts and the supercharger kits for the 01+ Miatas (track dog racing, FFS, stage one tuning) run stock pumps and injectors right up to 14 psi boost and 250 whp.

So I really don't think that just with a better tuned piggyback and WI i'll need bigger injectors or a pump yet. i'm also only running 11 psi in the summer, 9.5ish in the winter and don't plan to ever run more.

Last edited by down_hill_dog; 01-20-2007 at 02:18 PM.
Old 01-20-2007, 04:18 PM   #2870

its too bad your so limited in your online resources. its hard to get decent info from websites like track-dog and moss motorsports because they are just out to sell you something. its like how JR says that the JR garbage is the best for my kit. but its been tried tested and true that the best thing you can do with the JR FMU is throw it out, and get chrome hondata or uberdata.
Old 01-20-2007, 04:34 PM   #2871

to be honest, i want to keep it stock enough to be as reliable as it is now. Which is still 100% more reliable than 99% of stock fords and chevs

I'd just like to unleash the actual potential of the current setup I have. Luckily i'm told it's as simple as a plug and play piggyback to gain a quick un-tuned 15-20 hp and tons of driveability and reliability.

It's not made by JR either, it's an independant company working with FFS on the M62 blown Miatas, as we have serious ECU tunability problems unlike Hondas.

http://www.fastforwardsuperchargers....read.php?t=349

Last edited by down_hill_dog; 01-20-2007 at 04:40 PM.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:43 PM   #2872
My homepage has been set to RS

New thermostat, First wash since I bought it and ordered up a windshield that gets installed tomarrow.
LADIES!!! Tired of being alone? Going through too many batteries at bedtime? Would you like a "hand"?? Well, you're in luck!!! S.T.U.D.S IS HERE FOR YOU!!! We offer all types of services, from a basic lube, to the full service! S.T.U.D.S.
girlcrazy_420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 09:52 PM   #2873
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by whitetalon
450cc injectors are stock dsm size injectors which max out at 270crank hp ish ....
Although 450'sa re not overly large. I have seen alot more ppl run more then that at the wheels... My old b16 made 270 at the wheels on 450s on a mustang dyno with about 85% duty cycle @ 45psi rail pressure

Craig: What's the CR of your motor?

Follow Me on Instagram @ tommtomm84

02 BMW M3 - Supercharged
94 BMW 318 - M3'd and M50'd - SOLD
90 Integra GS-Turbo - 11.180 @ 140.86mph DOT Tires - SOLD
Tchleung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:09 AM   #2874
OK Head Mod

Quote:
Originally posted by G2Teggin

Craig: What's the CR of your motor?
10:1

Last edited by fourtirefire; 01-22-2007 at 12:11 AM.
fourtirefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:17 AM   #2875

I havent checked the cylinder pressure numbers myself, but some of the early 01 vvt engines were supposed to be 11.0:1, or so I have read on the old man Miata sites.

10.0:1 was supposed to start in the 02 engines, but then i've never really heard a straight answer. Although 10.0:1 seems more realistic.

Tom:

I found a little info on the PCpro. The PC-Pro has it's own on-board MAP (vacuum to 15 PSI boost) sensor. All it needs is a vacuum tube to the intake manifold.

The PowerCard Pro adds fuel by adding pulsewidth directly at the injector. It does not rely on altering the signal output of the AFM, MAF or MAP sensors to add fuel.

Last edited by down_hill_dog; 01-22-2007 at 10:33 AM.