REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-10-2005, 04:12 PM   #51
The "You'd Know" Moderator

Ooops... I closed it instead of moving to Fight Club... no wonder.
Advertisement

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
impactX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 04:13 PM   #52
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally posted by DB9
common guys...i dont see anything wrong with this
its about having the different standard...face it, you and the boxter kid live in a different world
his dad might drive a S600 while ur dad drives a Camry
they have different purchasing power!

driving a boxter-s at age 16 while his dad is a billionaire sounds alrite to me...u buy better shits when u have more money! thats how the world is like

what are u guys here trying to prove to this kid? that u know the hardwork of making money?
common...why does it matter? this kid might never have to make money in his life...so why bother?
okay my family is not poor...infact..i live in westvan up in the BPs but my parents still doesnt by me a porsche..u know why? its because they want me to know the value of money and they dont just want to hand me everything just because of the living style im in..and i appreciate that because they are teaching me a valubale lesson in life
KayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 04:24 PM   #53
I bringith the lowerballerith

i drive a car that my parents bought

but i don't do anything to it..and if people ask..yah its not my car.
its more my brother's car than it is mines
Old 04-10-2005, 04:39 PM   #54
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally posted by impactX
Did you just delete your cruise post?

I think cruising with your mom in a convertible with a red L in the back is cool.

DO IT! so I can point and laugh
HAHAHA That is pretty damn cool. 'Cum on mom lets go get some bubble tea and check out the bitches on No3 Road. You can take your top off''
NISMOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 04:52 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally posted by DB9
common guys...i dont see anything wrong with this
its about having the different standard...face it, you and the boxter kid live in a different world
his dad might drive a S600 while ur dad drives a Camry
they have different purchasing power!

driving a boxter-s at age 16 while his dad is a billionaire sounds alrite to me...u buy better shits when u have more money! thats how the world is like

what are u guys here trying to prove to this kid? that u know the hardwork of making money?
common...why does it matter? this kid might never have to make money in his life...so why bother?
DB9: "mmm not bad for an azn cock...."
dc5rmok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 04:54 PM   #56

Anywho, ur parents can buy you an expensive car if they want, but i don't think buying you a high-powered car is a smart thing to do at the age of 16
dc5rmok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 05:00 PM   #57
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally posted by Iceman_19
you call your parents buying you a porsche boxster loving you? boxster is the shit end of the porsche line. its like bragging about your parents buying you a bmw 325i.
bob_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 05:07 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally posted by DB9
u have a point there, but u missed out some points there as well
there might be several reasons why his dad got him a boxter-s
im sure hes dad is rich and successful, and he knows the hardwork of making money and shit...
the kid might be his only son...hes important to him
the reason he wants to get him a brand new car for his first car might be because a brand new car is more reliable and safer..buying a second hand car could be risky, u dont know when it might break down on the road...
and the other reason might be because he wants to treat his son better...
his dad might be some business man who goes around the world often and doesnt have much time to spend with his family...
thats why buying his son a nice car might be his way of loving his son, a way to make up to him...by doing so he makes his son happy...
he NEVER said that his daddy even bought the car for him buddy....he's just boasting about cars that his house has....not HIS OWN...wow....my parents have money, not hatin on that or anything, it just not something to go parading around saying. I mean, does r1cksta honestly expect to start a thread like this WITHOUT BEING FLAMED?! Wishful thinking IMO
Old 04-10-2005, 05:50 PM   #59
Need my Daily Fix of RS

DB9 thanks for the understanding, and for those that really knows me, they know how much I love cars, how obsessed about cars I am, that does not mean I will drive unsafe, or race my car. I just happen to be the one who's been chilling in automotive forums at least 3 hours on weekdays and 6 hours on weekends not talking but just reading posts people made. I've learned alot about cars, performance, track racing, etc,. All this only made me love cars more and a nice ride is truly what i want. it's like gasolines are in my blood. Why would a 14 year old spend 3 hours around in the technology shop afterschool everyday working on a project by himself? because he's got a love for anything thats on 4 wheels. thats me. I've been buliding a off road dune buggy ever since grade 8. it haven't gone far because the complexity of it, but I haven't stopped. I research hours and hours and days and days to find out how to do things. metal fabrication to engine mechanics. why? because i love cars. you might think im buliding some go cart a 5 yr old might drive, wrong. because what it is a fully independent suspended mid engine 700lb buggy with 120hp and 6speed sequential shifters, all from scratch. now you guys might think I'm kid ask parents for money to pay for all this sh*t, yes i did but in return i work for my mom. She operated a resturant at langley that was just recently sold. I am the only child. My parents are devorced. They knows about my obsession, my passion. so they grant me my wish to have a 14second car with race car like balance, they know I will love it, and i do. I've never driven it in the rain or did stupid sh*t with it, like burn out. I do understand what most of you are trying to tell me, that i don't know how hard it is to make money, i do know. I did when I spent my whole summer at a resturant serving food, washing dishes, making tables everyday and only ended up with $1500, that was for my dune buggy fund which was gone after the engine, rear wheel and scrap metals. The boxster isn't a point A to B car, it is a car for me to love and experience and learn. I do have a dream of designing the worlds greatest sports car once i grow up, and i do have a dream to drive ferrari and lamboghinis. but a year ago I never looked at that seriously, I thought i'd be real happy with a 350z. but now my parents just encouraged me to stick with that dream of ferraris, because 350z is no more a dream, it's something less than what i have, and with that dream I will work my best to achieve in school, get in mechanical engineering at UBC or even Caltech (dad lives in LA). and continue to persuit my dream to own better things. ok i think i've said enough. hopefully it'll change what some of you think of me as. once again thanks alot DB9 for the understanding.
Old 04-10-2005, 05:54 PM   #60
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

I detect jealousy....

..in myself. But seriously, driving a car you bought feels much better than a car your parents bought for you. Sure you'll get plenty of respect on the road , but you'll always wonder whether you deserve it and you will feel pangs of guilt from time to time. Being humble about your extremely fortunate situation, though, will alleviate that. Ask my friend who owns four cars over $80k EACH from his dad that he sees 2 weeks a year. He drives the beater honda odyssey to school and around town most of the time to avoid looking rich. Once in a while, he takes his benzes/BMWs/porsche to a long drive to Whistler or so.

Unless, of course, you're a freeloading whore. Anyone who tries to "be pimp" or act cocky using their parents' car and money is one poor deluded bastard.
svelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 07:52 PM   #61
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
uh.. what's your mom look like heh
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 08:11 PM   #62
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally posted by r1cksta
DB9 thanks for the understanding, and for those that really knows me, they know how much I love cars, how obsessed about cars I am, that does not mean I will drive unsafe, or race my car. I just happen to be the one who's been chilling in automotive forums at least 3 hours on weekdays and 6 hours on weekends not talking but just reading posts people made. I've learned alot about cars, performance, track racing, etc,. All this only made me love cars more and a nice ride is truly what i want. it's like gasolines are in my blood. Why would a 14 year old spend 3 hours around in the technology shop afterschool everyday working on a project by himself? because he's got a love for anything thats on 4 wheels. thats me. I've been buliding a off road dune buggy ever since grade 8. it haven't gone far because the complexity of it, but I haven't stopped. I research hours and hours and days and days to find out how to do things. metal fabrication to engine mechanics. why? because i love cars. you might think im buliding some go cart a 5 yr old might drive, wrong. because what it is a fully independent suspended mid engine 700lb buggy with 120hp and 6speed sequential shifters, all from scratch. now you guys might think I'm kid ask parents for money to pay for all this sh*t, yes i did but in return i work for my mom. She operated a resturant at langley that was just recently sold. I am the only child. My parents are devorced. They knows about my obsession, my passion. so they grant me my wish to have a 14second car with race car like balance, they know I will love it, and i do. I've never driven it in the rain or did stupid sh*t with it, like burn out. I do understand what most of you are trying to tell me, that i don't know how hard it is to make money, i do know. I did when I spent my whole summer at a resturant serving food, washing dishes, making tables everyday and only ended up with $1500, that was for my dune buggy fund which was gone after the engine, rear wheel and scrap metals. The boxster isn't a point A to B car, it is a car for me to love and experience and learn. I do have a dream of designing the worlds greatest sports car once i grow up, and i do have a dream to drive ferrari and lamboghinis. but a year ago I never looked at that seriously, I thought i'd be real happy with a 350z. but now my parents just encouraged me to stick with that dream of ferraris, because 350z is no more a dream, it's something less than what i have, and with that dream I will work my best to achieve in school, get in mechanical engineering at UBC or even Caltech (dad lives in LA). and continue to persuit my dream to own better things. ok i think i've said enough. hopefully it'll change what some of you think of me as. once again thanks alot DB9 for the understanding.
For fucks sake, learn to write. No one wants to read a huge block of shit like that. Learn some fucking proper paragraph formatting.
ienhz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 08:21 PM   #63
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:

yooooooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 08:35 PM   #64
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
I just happen to be the one who's been chilling in automotive forums at least 3 hours on weekdays and 6 hours on weekends

Sounds pretty serious, Kip. Meet anyone with sandy blonde hair?
BoostedWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 08:43 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally posted by yooooooo
Old 04-10-2005, 09:39 PM   #66
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

i may seem like an idiot but this is what my teacher told me

what he told me was that even the richest man in the world, like bill gates, doesnt buy his kids cars or anything, he makes them work for what they want. theres only one rational reason i can think of, if MS ever goes down, theres a possibility that he might get taken down with it.

my parents on the other hand, they see the hard work that i do at $7 an hour(we live in alberta),they offered to pay for the downpayment on a car, even the bmw that ive had my eyes on for a long time. what i said was 'no, you can invest it and try to retire earlier, thats cause i just bought my friends 86 accord' the only thing they said was 'why get that piece of shit thats gonna break down on you'
apparently my parents think older cars are obsolete compared to newer cars, but oh well, they dont like the fact that i bought it, but they liked the fact that i learned the value of money by cleaning toilets and mopping up somebodys shit/puke at sobeys and saving up for well over a month
PS i hate people who make their cars into ricers that sound horrible and rev it so high that they literally wake up the whole neighborhood at night, i shall stand out and rev my engine in front of their house if they do it again!!
if you plan to tune the car, use it for its potential in the tracks cause the public doesnt care about your car, they have their own problems to deal with
FidoIsADog1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 11:13 PM   #67
The sound of inevitability

Quote:
I do understand what most of you are trying to tell me, that i don't know how hard it is to make money, i do know. I did when I spent my whole summer at a resturant serving food, washing dishes, making tables everyday and only ended up with $1500

Dont even start on that shit you over-nourished bastard.

You KNOW what its like?
Get the hell out of here kid. You had a job? So what? You knew that if you got fired, you had your daddy's millions to fall back on.

You never had shit. You're more spoiled then the Paris Hilton sisters.

I dont question your dream or anything, I respect that. But please.. Back off from saying that you "know" what its like.

I work my ass off for my car. And at anytime I could lose my job and I end up in Debt up to my neck.
So I have to put up with shit from some dumb retarted old people that not even their kids give a shit about.

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa

mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4

Last edited by The7even; 04-10-2005 at 11:14 PM.
The7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 11:44 PM   #68
My homepage has been set to RS

omfg... 16yrs old drive a 73k car?? OMFG.. i wish i can be u man
i work my ass off 2 jobs a day making like 1700$ my own. and pay 650 for my car and 600 for food and 300$ goes to family..i only have less then 200$ to spend a month.
man u just get the car and ur parents pay u gas and insurance.. lucky boy..

but i hope u are not the guys who i saw offen in sky.. driving a M3, CLK55, STi..... swear out loud, act cocky..and preten they are gangsta..if u are those.. get the F*CK outta here
Old 04-10-2005, 11:49 PM   #69
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

I just thought you fuckwads should know. You guys who are ripping on this kid cause huis parents bought him a car are just as fucken spoiled as he is.

For fuck's sake 99% of you make less than $10 an hour. You're parents pay for everthing else while you spend all your money on a car and now you think you're hot shit? Are you retards paying for school? Paying rent? Paying for food? Fuck no! You spend your money on a luxury, a fucken car and then you come on the internet and act all high and mighty.

Fuck off already. Anybody making 10/hour has no business owning a car. You should be taking a bus to work and school. Try that out before you morons decide that you have it so tough having to have a after school job. I haven't even started comparing you idiot to real poor people.

Last edited by minoru_tanaka; 04-10-2005 at 11:52 PM.
minoru_tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 01:17 AM   #70
My homepage has been set to RS

^i think he never try to work hard to earn his things.. ur parent love u tooooo much...
Old 04-11-2005, 04:02 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally posted by minoru_tanaka
I just thought you fuckwads should know. You guys who are ripping on this kid cause huis parents bought him a car are just as fucken spoiled as he is.

For fuck's sake 99% of you make less than $10 an hour. You're parents pay for everthing else while you spend all your money on a car and now you think you're hot shit? Are you retards paying for school? Paying rent? Paying for food? Fuck no! You spend your money on a luxury, a fucken car and then you come on the internet and act all high and mighty.

Fuck off already. Anybody making 10/hour has no business owning a car. You should be taking a bus to work and school. Try that out before you morons decide that you have it so tough having to have a after school job. I haven't even started comparing you idiot to real poor people.
Please, Grow a dick .

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa

mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
Old 04-11-2005, 07:23 AM   #72
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally posted by The7even
So I have to put up with shit from some dumb retarted old people that not even their kids give a shit about.
You work in an old folks home?

And The #1 Thing To Say To Your Ex G/F When You See Her Out In Public Is. . .
Quote:
Originally posted by Ulic Qel-Droma
"remember that time i cummed all over your face and it got into your eye? and it stung real bad.. and you ran into the door thinking it was open? haha that was pretty funny"

say that real loud. then give her two thumbs up.
:lol
JOHNNY_TRAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 08:22 AM   #73
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
Quote:
I just happen to be the one who's been chilling in automotive forums at least 3 hours on weekdays and 6 hours on weekends not talking but just reading posts people made. I've learned alot about cars, performance, track racing, etc,. All this only made me love cars more and a nice ride is truly what i want. it's like gasolines are in my blood. Why would a 14 year old spend 3 hours around in the technology shop afterschool everyday working on a project by himself? seriously, I thought i'd be real happy with a 350z.
So you're a fucking loner?
WHy a dune buggy? where the fuck are you gonna use that in Vancouver?

I'd be happy with a fucking civic that I bought for under $800.
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 09:09 AM   #74
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

I don't know why all you guys are hating on him. All he did was come in here and ask in a neutral manner who drives a car bought by parents? Even in his responses he hasn't been rubbing his parents' dough in anyone's face. He didn't even post his own car; it was posted by someone else.

Lots of people here have cars that they didn't pay for or earn from beater Civics to $70k Porches. Anyone in this range is getting something for "free" and potentially not learning anything about the value of hard work. I think what matters is the attitude of the person getting the car and r1cksta has shown none of the cockiness of being born into weath.

Most of you guys are just seeing the $70k car and just wishing it was you that won the lottery. Try putting your energy towards making it happen for yourself instead of putting down others.
mantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 10:09 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally posted by JOHNNY_TRAN
You work in an old folks home?
Nah, Just a regular Condo in Downtown Chicago, But these rich old Anglo-saxons are stubborn motherfuckers. Id put em all down in a fire. But then I realize they're old people so Id just rather run them over.

-Hypa

-6chr0nic4

Last edited by The7even; 04-11-2005 at 10:10 AM.