REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-11-2005, 10:12 AM   #76
The sound of inevitability

Quote:
Originally posted by mantle
I don't know why all you guys are hating on him. All he did was come in here and ask in a neutral manner who drives a car bought by parents? Even in his responses he hasn't been rubbing his parents' dough in anyone's face. He didn't even post his own car; it was posted by someone else.

Lots of people here have cars that they didn't pay for or earn from beater Civics to $70k Porches. Anyone in this range is getting something for "free" and potentially not learning anything about the value of hard work. I think what matters is the attitude of the person getting the car and r1cksta has shown none of the cockiness of being born into weath.

Most of you guys are just seeing the $70k car and just wishing it was you that won the lottery. Try putting your energy towards making it happen for yourself instead of putting down others.
Advertisement

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa

mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
The7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 12:18 PM   #77
ODC
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
Originally posted by FidoIsADog1987
i may seem like an idiot but this is what my teacher told me

what he told me was that even the richest man in the world, like bill gates, doesnt buy his kids cars or anything, he makes them work for what they want. theres only one rational reason i can think of, if MS ever goes down, theres a possibility that he might get taken down with it.

my parents on the other hand, they see the hard work that i do at $7 an hour(we live in alberta),they offered to pay for the downpayment on a car, even the bmw that ive had my eyes on for a long time. what i said was 'no, you can invest it and try to retire earlier, thats cause i just bought my friends 86 accord' the only thing they said was 'why get that piece of shit thats gonna break down on you'
apparently my parents think older cars are obsolete compared to newer cars, but oh well, they dont like the fact that i bought it, but they liked the fact that i learned the value of money by cleaning toilets and mopping up somebodys shit/puke at sobeys and saving up for well over a month
Bill Gates grew up in a very strict household. His dad was rich enough as a laywer and could have bought him a lot of shit but didn't really and instilled a work ethic in him. I don't particularly like him, but that man has drive. There's stories of him not showering or leaving his workstation for weeks because he wanted to get work done.

I'm sure he wants to pass that same work ethic on down to his kids. Steve McQueen was the same way to his kids. There's a story where Steve's kid asked him to buy a new Camaro and Steve just laughed in his face.
ODC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 01:01 PM   #78
dfritter1

You know, after reading your big long story I almost felt like you had it real hard. Divorced family, etc etc. Then it occured to me that your family didn't have problem buying you a $70,000+ car. Then I thought,

Holy shit you fucking cunt r1cksta. You're a dipshit.

First off, you think you're the only guy on this forum that spent a lot of time in shop class? Wake the fuck up and smell the 10w30 you bitch, we all did. And apparently we were better at it than you, cuz I managed to build a go cart with a "120 HP engine and 6 speed sequential" for a total cost of $100 (the total cost of the tubing and the FUCKING MOTORCYCLE ENGINE I USED, therefore, don't bother making out like 120HP and a sequential trans is hard). And you think we don't all want nice rides? Yeah, that's right, you ARE the only one on here that wants "a ferrari and lamborghinis" (by the way, learn how to fucking speak english you little shit. Capitilize proper nouns, and keep the fucking singular/plural errors to yourslef and your Chinglish friends). I drive a 1983 Camaro for FUN! In fact, I personally have turned down an XJ220 and a McLaren F1 in favour of my 1983 Camaro. NEWS FLASH! As the Rolling Stones said, YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT. You want to know what I got from my dad when I told him I wanted to have a nice car someday? An offer from my dad to drive his 1974 Ford F250 so long as I did all the work to get it running again. And that proved to be the best thing that happened to me, since I got some use of his vehicle, but more importantly, way more automotive knowledge than I ever would have gained if he'd simply handed me the keys to one of his other cars. And my family is not poor, and it would've been easier for him to just let me drive his 1974 Jaguar XJ12L, Range Rover, 1968 MG, or Cadillac since it wouldn't require him teaching me how to tune a carb, replace a clutch, swap an engine, and rebuild countless other bits and pieces. That's love, the willingness to make personal sacrifices, not financial ones, for your family. I hope I get the same opportunity with a son of mine some day. The point of this? That just because you love cars, doesn't mean you deserve any more than the next guy. I'd love Lindsay Lohan, but she hasn't shown up on my doorstep yet.

As for you're job, it was a fucking summer job. I personally have worked the same place for 2 years, and simply go full time in the summer (it's a career, not a job though). Oh MY GAWD! YOU WASHED DISHES FOR YOUR MOM! You know what most people get when they wash idshes for their parents? Jack SHIT. Oh wait, maybe you'll understand SH*T better.

So what is my closing message to you? Sell your Boxster, and give the money back to your parents. Figure out some way of scraping together a couple grand, like I did. If you can't figure out how to do that, I'd suggest working ridiculous hours at a couple minimum wage jobs like I did, and saving every penny. Then, find a piece that has potential, but needs work. Then, put your apparently substantial, vast supply of automotive knowledge to good use, and instead of spending 27 hours a week on forums, spend it under your car. You'll be better off for it.

Oh, and some of us would say that not driving that car fast doesn't show appreciation for it. In fact, I personally feel that not utilizing the car's full talent's is a waste of the car, which means it would match your skin, which is obviously a waste of flesh.

Lastly, to whoever wrote about his parents buying him a new car becuase they'd be worried about it breaking down or being dangerous; I've got one thing to say to you: 70's Ford F250. Safest thing on the road, since the only thing capable of destroying it was a Mack Truck. In fact, while driving down three road a riced out Accord decided to cut me off, and ended up with $7,000 worth of damage to the rear quarter of his car when he clipped my front end. My bill? $5 worth of adhesive to stick the rubber bumper trim strip back on that corner. As for reliable, it may have only run on 6 cylinder when it was cold, but it never left me stranded, and that was with 456,000 kms on it when I STARTED driving.
Old 04-11-2005, 01:02 PM   #79
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally posted by r1cksta
my point is to get all the people that drives cars bought by their parents together and to stop all the people from making fun of us.
I think it's a great idea...

Megaphone: Anyone else have parents brain-dead enough to put their teenage son who hasn't learned how to be responsible enough, a car with enough power to not only kill himself but take out scores of others at the same time?

I mean.. haven't you seen enough "teenager killed racing over-powered sports car bought by inept parents" media coverage? I know I have.
Old 04-11-2005, 01:03 PM   #80
dfritter1

Quote:
Originally posted by ODC
I'm sure he wants to pass that same work ethic on down to his kids. Steve McQueen was the same way to his kids. There's a story where Steve's kid asked him to buy a new Camaro and Steve just laughed in his face.
Oh, and Steve McQueen rocked.

"I Live for myself and answer to no one."

-Steve McQueen

"I live for my boyfriends cock, and answer to my mother."

-r1cksta
Old 04-11-2005, 04:08 PM   #81
W3RD

Quote:
Originally posted by dfritter1
Oh, and Steve McQueen rocked.

"I Live for myself and answer to no one."

-Steve McQueen

"I live for my boyfriends cock, and answer to my mother."

-r1cksta

are you white?

That's honestly real good for you man. You built a cart, you fixed up a F250. Honestly, that's good for you. But some people are raised different then others. Asian families tend to give their kids things in hopes of their child seeing what they want and working for it later on. How do you know that this kid isn't receiving or learning what responsibilities are? You don't know that. All you know is that he has an L and that he wants to drive with his top down in a red porsche with his mom sitting beside him. Does that justify all this bitching?

Everyone is raised different. Asian families are a lot different from white parents (no racism intended).

I'm the only child. I've worked with my dad most of my life and I can honestly say that he's a mentor to me. He's taught me a lot of ethics and etiquette. I'm his only son and because of the love that he had for me he bought me a 99 4Runner Ltd back when I was 16. The chores I had to do, the help I put into his businesses. That's what I'm telling you that I did. Even until today, i'm running a store for him while he runs another store. But then again, you wouldn't know that if you first looked at me would you? All you would think is, "Oh, look at that dood driving the 4Runner his parents must have bought for him." But you don't know the things behind it all. You don't know what R1cksta had to do for his porsche so why be so prejudice?

You talk like you know what's best for everyone. Everyone here is talking like they know what's best for R1CKSTA but Who honestly gives a shit what he drives or how rich his parents are. If you do care, why would it matter to you what he or she drove? People have different ways of raising their child and I mean, yea, Ricksta, you have a nice car but I hope you be careful with such a powerful vehicle.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:14 PM   #82
W3RD

Oh yea, so to answer your question R1cksta, yes. I did drive a vehicle my parents had bought for me. But all i gotta say is just be careful with what you do with your vehicle. You drive a fast, powerful vehicle and being at the invincible stage of age 16 you just can't comprehend what's crossing the line between life or death. So just be careful with your vehicle.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:26 PM   #83
Banned By Establishment

I was broke as fxck all my life, I never got a penny from my parents!

I was homeless at 16 years old and my buddy 450 Supra helped me out a lot.

Life stunk, but now it's stinky in a good way. Lots of good dope, money, Jack Daniel's, electronic goodies, hot girlfriend, sweet computer, and a pair of nice cars. Those are just the material objects, my enlightenment is priceless!

Don't hate that other people have more than you, just look to where you want to be and figure out a way of getting there. The more you look at other people's shxt the more you'll lose focus on your own goals.
Jason00S2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 06:24 PM   #84
dfritter1

How is "I want a nice car" and then getting a nice car from mommy and daddy helping them understand that if they too work hard, they too can get what they desire. If you continuously feed a wild wolf from your hand, it will forget how to hunt. If you continously give your kid whatever they want, they will forget how to work. If further proof is required, simply look at families that possess the so called "old money." The parents make it, and the children with no concept of how much work is required to get there, spend it. As for your father giving you a 4Runner, that's great. If he didn't pay you. If he did pay you, you should have saved up from your wages to buy it. I have no problem with people that are given things, it doesn't bother me in the least. It bother me when they start threads trying to get all the aforementioned lucky folk together "becuase they are being picked on." So D.o.T, to answer your question, yes I am white. Always have been, always will be. And you know what else, if I saw you driving down the road in your 4 runner, I wouldn't look at you and think your parent gave it to you. You know why? Becuase I couldn't give a rat ass about someone in a 4Runner. In fact, to say I would look at you is a massive overstatement. Glance, maybe, and even then, only if there was a chick in the car that was hot. However, that's something I doubt happens very often.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:11 PM   #85

u think this is bad, buddies ex-gf's friend was given a brand new A4 just so he would go to school, parents give him money just to get out of bed, brought him a gps system 4 his A4 just so he can go out n find his way home. i've been to his house, n its huge, elevator in his house, indoor swimming pool, half top floor is his, has his own ensuite bathroom, and the list goes on...he seems like a nice guy and all, but really give me a break here. he used to be all smart n all, then he got depressed cause of "stress" from his parents pushing him to get good grades. funny, he didn't seem stressed at all when i met him

now i'm not jealous of these types of rich kids, in fact i envy them, the fact that life is handed to them without them working 4 it will just screw their future over, they have to realize that their parents won't b there for the rest of their lives.

but not all rich parents will buy their kids everything, one of my best friends, has rich parents, they have enuf money to last through 2 generations, but damn, was his father ever strict on my buddy, never bought him a car, not even a bus pass, the only thing his dad ever paid 4 was is education..n that paid off, he was a high paying job, just bought a brand new tsx, n in a few yrs is gonna buy his own place..n he's only 25
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 08:21 PM   #86

I guess that's it... I AM envious of this dude getting a porsche handed to him on a silver platter.

My Dad bought me my first car... a 1981 Pontiac Parisienne... that fucking thing was a TANK!! Cost him $300.. and it was a certified piece of shit.. but it was built from detroit iron... and there isn't a goddamn thing on the road that would have killed me (save a brick wall) had I managed to hit anything in it. Figures, I never got into an accident either. It was my next car (which I paid for myself) that got smoked by some bitch driving on the wrong side of the road... stupid Capri. That one hurt.

Anyway... I'm way OT now... rawr
Old 04-11-2005, 09:04 PM   #87
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally posted by D.o.T
Asian families tend to give their kids things in hopes of their child seeing what they want and working for it later on.
Asian families can suck a dick. Oh and boxsters are junk btw. Just in case you think you are ballin out of control.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sketch
Leave the fucking Corollas to us gnarly gearhead white guys for fucks sake, you're just going to paint it two tone and initial D yourself off a cliff anyhow.
Quote:
Originally posted by Ulic Qel-Droma
FUCK this is FC. who the fuck cares who created the umbrella, how we stick it up someones ass is more important. MATH!? MATH!? wtf. 1+1=FUCK YOUR MOTHER.
242ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 10:29 PM   #88
DB9
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally posted by minoru_tanaka
I just thought you fuckwads should know. You guys who are ripping on this kid cause huis parents bought him a car are just as fucken spoiled as he is.

For fuck's sake 99% of you make less than $10 an hour. You're parents pay for everthing else while you spend all your money on a car and now you think you're hot shit? Are you retards paying for school? Paying rent? Paying for food? Fuck no! You spend your money on a luxury, a fucken car and then you come on the internet and act all high and mighty.

Fuck off already. Anybody making 10/hour has no business owning a car. You should be taking a bus to work and school. Try that out before you morons decide that you have it so tough having to have a after school job. I haven't even started comparing you idiot to real poor people.
WERD
DB9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 10:57 PM   #89
My homepage has been set to RS

r1cksta.. go take the bus and see how it feels standing in the cold and rain waiting the bus...i bet u will pick up ur cell and call ur mom to pick u up.. ....try to find a job and see how long u can buy a BoxsterS...that means u have to pay for ur own food, transportation, living, and money to family... see how long u can buy urself a S...
Old 04-12-2005, 02:42 AM   #90
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
the poor are always jealous of what they don't have. and the rich are always snobby and ignorant to what they do have.

btw the guy lives in richmond, he can't be THAT rich.

it doesn't matter which road you take, as long as you get there. and by "there", in our materialistic capitalism nation, i mean lots and lots of money and tangable objects worth lots of money.

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 04-12-2005 at 02:46 AM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 09:48 AM   #91
W3RD

Quote:
Originally posted by 242ti
Asian families can suck a dick. Oh and boxsters are junk btw. Just in case you think you are ballin out of control.
Why is that? Because there is a difference culturally? Grow up buddy.

Quote:
Originally posted by sumsone
r1cksta.. go take the bus and see how it feels standing in the cold and rain waiting the bus...i bet u will pick up ur cell and call ur mom to pick u up.. ....try to find a job and see how long u can buy a BoxsterS...that means u have to pay for ur own food, transportation, living, and money to family... see how long u can buy urself a S...
Again, how do you know that he never has taken the bus? All you guys are talking about parents spoiling their child as though they didn't love them. How do you guys know what the parents are feeling. There are an infinate amount of variables in parent/child relationships and how can you guys honestly say that one thing is right? White is right? Right? Let the child walk 2Kms to school, take the bus and wait in the rain for 30 mins soaked and whatnot? That's the right way? In no way am I saying that it's the wrong way of doing it, but hey, if the parenting technique works, then it works. So you're saying that there aren't any kids out there who take the bus, wait outside, build there own shit yet they still don't know the worth of a dollar?

It can go for children who are spoiled or unspoiled, handed shit or made on their own. It really depends on the child and their emotions and upbringing. You can be spoiled and turn to a doctor who's stingy with their money, or you can be an unspoiled child who doesn't give a rats ass about anyone cuz their parents made them go on their own at an early age so they just don't give a shit. You can't say that he's been brought up wrong just because he has a Porsche. Are you angry that you didn't get it as easy as he did? If you're not, then stop bitching. If you are, then you might as well go knock your both your parents out for raising such an idiot. (even after they taught you the worth of a dollar and being on your own shit).

Be happy for the kid that he has a Porsche cuz it doesn't have anything to do with you. Just hope that when and if he crashes, that you or your family are not in the way. Period.
Quote:
the poor are always jealous of what they don't have. and the rich are always snobby and ignorant to what they do have.

it doesn't matter which road you take, as long as you get there. and by "there", in our materialistic capitalism nation, i mean lots and lots of money and tangable objects worth lots of money.
wise words. For once, i actually agree with you.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:53 AM   #92
Banned By Establishment

I used to ride a broken 1-speed bike from the Mary Hill Bypass up to Mundy park to dig and build trails in the park, in the rain, in November, for $7 an hour

That is the meaning of hard, shxtty work

That and doing insulation installing

Oh and ROOFING sucks a fat cock too!

Last edited by Jason00S2000; 04-12-2005 at 09:53 AM.
Jason00S2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 10:32 AM   #93
straight from the fields of squamton

Quote:
Originally posted by Jason00S2000
I used to ride a broken 1-speed bike from the Mary Hill Bypass up to Mundy park to dig and build trails in the park, in the rain, in November, for $7 an hour
haha you were poor!

jk lolzzzz

realisticly you had a bmx with a broken seat, and the trails you were building were actually dirt jumps. how did you scam kids into paying you?
Old 04-12-2005, 12:24 PM   #94
W3RD

Quote:

That is the meaning of hard, shxtty work

That and doing insulation installing

Oh and ROOFING sucks a fat cock too!
LOL
wow, that's pretty crazy
true meaning of rags to riches. good for you!
Old 04-12-2005, 12:44 PM   #95
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:

I was homeless at 16 years old and my buddy 450 Supra helped me out a lot.

450SugarDaddy in full effect

2001 driver's license - prohibited
450HP Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 01:43 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally posted by A SQUARED
why they deserve to drive $30,000+ cars
I am curious myself, maybe the r1cksta can clear this one up for us,

r1cksta why do you deserve to drive a $73,450 sports car at the age of 16 with no job? And why do you deserve for your parents to pay for gas and insurance?

And The #1 Thing To Say To Your Ex G/F When You See Her Out In Public Is. . .
Quote:
"remember that time i cummed all over your face and it got into your eye? and it stung real bad.. and you ran into the door thinking it was open? haha that was pretty funny"

say that real loud. then give her two thumbs up.
:lol
JOHNNY_TRAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 03:19 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally posted by JOHNNY_TRAN
I am curious myself, maybe the r1cksta can clear this one up for us,

r1cksta why do you deserve to drive a $73,450 sports car at the age of 16 with no job? And why do you deserve for your parents to pay for gas and insurance?
why do you deserve to live? the world can do without a billion smilies and nonsensical posts about fat girlfriends.
silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 02:03 AM   #98
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Wink

I always tell my self to mind my own business

Last edited by feiron; 04-13-2005 at 03:18 AM.
feiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 07:20 AM   #99

Quote:
Originally posted by silvia
why do you deserve to live? the world can do without a billion smilies and nonsensical posts about fat girlfriends.
Did anyone say you could talk?

And The #1 Thing To Say To Your Ex G/F When You See Her Out In Public Is. . .
Quote:
"remember that time i cummed all over your face and it got into your eye? and it stung real bad.. and you ran into the door thinking it was open? haha that was pretty funny"

say that real loud. then give her two thumbs up.
:lol
JOHNNY_TRAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 08:22 AM   #100

Quote:
Originally posted by JOHNNY_TRAN
Did anyone say you could talk?
there is nothing you could say in your own defense. you fuck fat ugly chicks. even worse, you probably just try but get shot down.
silvia is offline   Reply With Quote