REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Island Off-Topic

Island Off-Topic "Must you always talk about cars?" Not in here.
For other things in life..

Old 03-05-2004, 10:33 PM   #4726
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

what did you get? cheaper than $200?

i actually got 2 blue ones, they are pimp, i just hope we can get them to work.
Advertisement
Enraged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 10:51 PM   #4727
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

free muahahha

92 Toyota supra highly modified (The ice cream will never have a chance to melt)
89 exo cage Toyota truck (so many gears to choose from)

I own nothing that is practical hahahaha
NashMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 04:14 PM   #4728

i love my beater heheheh i beat toby in push war muahhahahah

ps you neck still hurt toby hehehehheh

92 Toyota supra highly modified (The ice cream will never have a chance to melt)

Old 03-07-2004, 05:39 PM   #4729

haha bastard! but i rammed your car on the way out, but i dont think i did much damage...
Old 03-07-2004, 07:10 PM   #4730
I bringith the lowerballerith

Hey guys,
just an update now.. if I come it's gonna be on saturday. plans sort of changed, my ex is here from North Carolina for her srping break, and friday night/saturday morning is the only time I will get to spend with her until probably august.
So I spent this weekend up island, and will be going up there again thursday and coming back down saturday morning. Haven't talked to my buddy, because now it just hasn't been a priority.
But still, she's leaving saturday and has to make it to vancouver. We'll see what happens I guess.
But I was really looking forward to those cookies!
islandsupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 10:16 PM   #4731

Quote:
Originally posted by Enraged
haha bastard! but i rammed your car on the way out, but i dont think i did much damage...
you put dent it it hehehe it was funny shit you hit it hard too hahahha

Old 03-08-2004, 09:53 PM   #4732
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

hey i need to now as much as posible about the 1jz-gte because i am goin to buy one
lil wicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 10:03 PM   #4733

um.... its not a simple swap, and if you blow it, rebuild parts are hard to find (source from japan)

however, its got a higher redline, decent aftermarket support, newer technology, no BHG problems... overall a great engine, but the cost of the swap can be high unless you do all your own labor. extending the wiring harness is US$500 alone, unless you choose to do it yourself.

i want one someday.... but not anytime soon.
Old 03-08-2004, 10:51 PM   #4734
HELP ME PLS!!!

true enough, unless you REALLY know what you're getting into, dont even bother thinking of doing a 1jz swap.

in the end, the 7M is a stronger motor anyways :P
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 01:04 AM   #4735

the beater has died mez thinks the tranny is umm tost

well knwo tommrow when i get it back and stuff

Old 03-09-2004, 04:09 PM   #4736
HELP ME PLS!!!

theres a white package 1990 at superior autobody just past sidney on the highway there... looks like the same supra that was at penbrake a year or so ago with a BHG. interior needs lotsa work (totally trashed leather interior) altho, it looks like it just had one helluva detail job.

$6995, if you know anybody who's lookin'

not sure whatever happened with the BHG job.. must have been fixed by now if its the same car
Old 03-09-2004, 10:54 PM   #4737

go offer them $3k

id buy it... but we dont need another white supra in VIS haha
Old 03-09-2004, 11:16 PM   #4738

it will never die i try and try and try but ti does not wanna die

dame fucken car i blew hole in the side of the blok and pistion shot out and stuff so it lost 2 psiotns and stuff btu ti still tunr over and cranks right up liek go fucken figure

Old 03-10-2004, 10:52 AM   #4739

Holy guys... on my way home to the college today, one of my spark plug tips broke off!! It was scary as hell. I drove all the way home, just praying I could make it to my driveway, didn't know what the hell was wrong.
It idled like crap, and loud ass ticking. Got home, opened the hood, and the #5 plug wire blew right off the plug, which was missing the top peice all together. Didn't even find that...
luckily I had an extra plug in my car though, so I just fixed it.
I think I am gonna go buy new plugs now and do them all though.. it's been about 4 months of driving since I changed them

Was worried that I wouldn't be able to make my trip this weekend! Thank god is was just something easy and cheap (at least I hope that was all it was)
Well... I'm off now, think I am going to go buy some spark plugs!
Old 03-10-2004, 07:28 PM   #4740
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

you should be able to get alot longer than 4 months out of a set of plugs?? and thats pretty odd the way the wire blew off as well... i wonder whats up? Im concerned with that ticking noise though, you would be wise to try and get a long thin magnet down in there and try to make sure the tip of the sparkplug is not still stuck down in the cylinder somewhere. Im sure thats what is causing the ticking, and hopefully your cylinders and piston is still not too beat up from being thrown around in there for so long. Keep me updated, but i think if you just throw new plugs in without getting the tip out of the cylinder you will find that it still ticks.

'85 Toyota Celica GTS 22RE :angel: (Undergoing bodywork)
'86 Nissan Micra (Daily Driver - Gas God)
Slate 85GTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 08:19 PM   #4741
HELP ME PLS!!!

yeah. that doesnt sound good if the tip is inside the actual block..

if you cant get it out with a magnet, try yanking the EFI fuse, and cranking the engine over with the spark plug removed. if you're lucky the tip will shoot out of the hole.
Old 03-10-2004, 09:18 PM   #4742
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Yeah, make sure you do something with the piece of sparkplug for sure, you will just do more damage running it like that because unfortunately its not just going to disappear or get burnt up. I would even recommend getting a small flashlight or something and trying to have a peek down into that cylinder and make sure the top of the piston is not too damaged.

'85 Toyota Celica GTS 22RE :angel: (Undergoing bodywork)
'86 Nissan Micra (Daily Driver - Gas God)
Slate 85GTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 11:12 PM   #4743

Nonono guys. the other end broke off, that makes contact with the plug wires. nothing went into the cylinders. I may be stupid and mechanically challenged, but I wouldn't just think nothing of that. I ended up checking out the plugs, they were all fine and dandy, so I just replaced the broken one. It was really strange what happened.
There is no ticking. It was just when I was one my way home. I don't exactly understand what the hell it was... just heat pumping out through the broken plug?? It was like a rythmical like loud puffing sort of noise, got louder and faster and all that jazz. It melted part of the hood blanket dealy - the plug wire blew off, and melted a bit. It sucked major ass - but it seems to be all fine now.
I don't know. I learned now and put tools in my car. Luckily I had an extra plug in my car from last time. Still have the new set of plugs too. Shitty thing is I forgot to tighten one end of the 3000 pipe, and went for a short drive after getting the plug in, to make sure everything was ok. Hit fuel cut and I was freaking out (I never hit fuel cut before, so thought it was part of the problem). Then it clicked, and I just gave the clamp another little turn, now everything is all good.
I am driving back up to Port McNeill tomorrow night (late) too. Shitty thing is I am going by myself, and I left my cellphone up there. Oh well, if it breaks down again I'll just roll it off a cliff.

Oh yeah, things have been busy - but if all goes well I will still be coming to Victoria saturday afternoon. Have to leave McNeill early Saturday, and make a drop off at the ferry. I'll call my buddy tomorrow night and tell him I'm coming. SO far so good... so long as the supra decides to play nice.
Old 03-11-2004, 09:18 AM   #4744

Quote:
Originally posted by Paradox
yeah. that doesnt sound good if the tip is inside the actual block..

if you cant get it out with a magnet, try yanking the EFI fuse, and cranking the engine over with the spark plug removed. if you're lucky the tip will shoot out of the hole.
bad muray bad you just askign for truble there

you many cranked the engine by useing a racht ont eh lower pully bolt tell the piston it reaches the top

you will knwo when it hit the top by puttign a extetion or chop stick's so you know whe it gets tot eh top but if ti broke there will still be cracp in there the only way to get rid off it whith eh hea dont eh car it to use a air ot blow the crap out comessed air some tiem doe sit but not all the time you just make sure the exhuast vvavles are open and use compsted air it eh exhuast pipe it sefl and the crap may blow out

Old 03-11-2004, 09:23 AM   #4745

Quote:
Originally posted by Slate 85GTS
you should be able to get alot longer than 4 months out of a set of plugs?? and thats pretty odd the way the wire blew off as well... i wonder whats up? Im concerned with that ticking noise though, you would be wise to try and get a long thin magnet down in there and try to make sure the tip of the sparkplug is not still stuck down in the cylinder somewhere. Im sure thats what is causing the ticking, and hopefully your cylinders and piston is still not too beat up from being thrown around in there for so long. Keep me updated, but i think if you just throw new plugs in without getting the tip out of the cylinder you will find that it still ticks.
it blowing aprt is an odd one most likly the plug was fauled and had crack in it some tiem this happens if you do not use a propper spark plug socket

oh yae i bet the tick is just yours vavles the 7m vavle train is noise even when there freshly rebuilt

it si pain int eh ass ot re sim them with the head on teh car

i done it once top me for ever the onyl tool i choudl use was vw ttol and it did not work that greta eather

to find put what vales it it is just liston across the head tell you fidn the bad on it easy to find but if you have an etrode still in there you most likly whould not know tell it cause damge liek stockign vavl open ect

Old 03-11-2004, 12:06 PM   #4746

Yeah, thanks.
There's no ticking now. It was just a noise when I was driving. Could have even been the plug wire flying around. There is nothing down in my cylinder - at least not to my knowledge. The tip broke off the top of the plug.
I'm guessing that the insulator was cracked in the first place when I put them in. I didn't have the proper socket with the rubber o-ring at the top to protect the plugs. I took a look at the rest of the plugs when I replaced the broken one, and they were fine. I just wanted to check them all while I had the coilpack and throttle linkage off and stuff, they looked fine to me, so I put them back in.
I'm still just kind of nervous driving back all the way up island tonight. But I guess I'll just see what happens, I put wrenches and socket set and oil, coolant.. blah blah in my car.
You know... all the stuff you usually pack when you go on a trip - in a supra.
I'll post again when I get the time I will be in Victoria on Saturday. Should be afternoon, but no later than 2-3.
If anyone wants, my cell # is 802-7382. I won't have it until friday morning, as it is still in Port McNeill. But you are free to call if you want. I'd like to meet some of you... or really only just look at your cars, ahaha.
Old 03-11-2004, 04:03 PM   #4747

whos wants a greddy bumper? i do
Old 03-11-2004, 05:00 PM   #4748
HELP ME PLS!!!

wow. that looks great even without sideskirts
Old 03-11-2004, 05:06 PM   #4749

theres a guy on SM selling replicas for US$400.... if only i had the money. oh well, im gettin a lip for my 88 bumper from duane in a month or so
Old 03-12-2004, 03:50 AM   #4750

Well, I had a fun ride back home. Crappy drive, terrential downpour the whole way. I was bloody tired... but made it home. Started getting ansty when I got close - and started speeding up. Taking the exit into McNeill, got a lil sideways and was greeted home by Mr. Ditch. lame....
Luckily nothing got hurt (we are worried about the car, not me). My back end slid in a little further into the dirt shoulder, and down the ditch crooked a little - so I couldn't drive out. THe towtruck driver was on his way out of town as I was walking in to get him. He just pulled me out off the books and I gave him a couple bucks. It sure is nice to know everyone in this town!
But yeah, made for an eventful trip, luckily it happened like it did nobody was hurt and there was no damage. I haven't looked at the car too closely yet (this happened around midnight), but I drove it in to town after he yanked me from the ditch. Just some gravel in the wheels on the passenger side, doesn't look like anything even hit the paint.
I'm gonna go clean it all up and have a good look when it gets light out. Wish me luck - hopefully all is well, I got pretty lucky!!