REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Island Off-Topic

Island Off-Topic "Must you always talk about cars?" Not in here.
For other things in life..

Old 04-29-2004, 12:19 PM   #4951
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

hey i just tell him what he should buy, not my fault that he buys them

hey bob, get ahold of lycanrope (sp?) on supramania, hes got a deal goin for ST sway bars for $275 CDN
Advertisement
Enraged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 12:26 PM   #4952
Need to Seek Professional Help

He's already getting the ones you and Reuben are getting.
ness_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 12:35 PM   #4953
I bringith the lowerballerith

Yeah, I called Bob right when Allan was making the order, to make sure he knew that he was out of time
But even if you decided not to keep the swaybars, you could probably turn them for a profit. Retail on suprasport will be ~$340 US witihin the next week.

Oh, and I wouldn't worry about Bob's ability to rebuild an engine - he's doing it, and he's doing it right. More people than one know how to build a motor. That thing will be stout when it's done, fresh motor bored 20 thou over and brand new turbo running 10psi... plus a few other goodies - I think he'll be just fine!
islandsupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 01:55 PM   #4954
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

yuppers

well i ahve decided whe i rebuild the more i going high comp i want more power wiht out pushing mad boost aka 20 psi will be the high't i will push

then 400 plus will be easy as pie to get as for boring over naa if don't need ot i wonte but yopu never know plsu called about the stoker kit seam like sweet idea

3.3 wiht 9to 1 sounds just pretty in my littel head

the na psiont will take the damg ei will put them though i can get hem coated as well but i think i will not bouth cause it bit of money to do that mixed wiht ever thing els i want to do

but the big thing thou is i wounder if the stock ecu will liekt he comtion cnages i think i going to have some lean probs useing teh stock ecu so i will ahve to get a sfac 2 or some thgin

but i have mad up my mind on what i will do guess amet in power will be about 50 more just ont eh comption incress and my ;lag will go down as well i can't weight tell i rip teh fucker out heheheh

ps i most likly goign to run a stoper head gasket caus eof the high comption that i will be runing

92 Toyota supra highly modified (The ice cream will never have a chance to melt)
89 exo cage Toyota truck (so many gears to choose from)

I own nothing that is practical hahahaha
NashMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 03:52 PM   #4955

sounds awesome, that stroker kit would be pretty nice. I would be worried about running higher compression though... and I've heard nasty things about people using NA pistons. But awesome if you have a plan, and can pull it off should be pretty good!!

PS- remember the present!
Old 04-29-2004, 03:54 PM   #4956
HELP ME PLS!!!

i sense another blown up engine for ryan

well, lets hope not... the NA piston sounds like a good idea til you start making power.
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 04:01 PM   #4957

stroker is a waste of money imho. the stroker kit offered by flatlander is US$2k+, but it does use forged pistons and rods. if your only aiming for 400rwhp, its not needed... just a good stock rebuild, fuel, and tuning, and you might come close on that turbo.
Old 04-29-2004, 05:02 PM   #4958

dude wiht na psiotn i will hit 400 that si my goal in life even if i have to cheat to use nos

92 Toyota supra highly modified (The ice cream will never have a chance to melt)

Old 04-29-2004, 05:05 PM   #4959

dyno proven?

godo luck, id like to see it ill catch up when im not a poor-ass student
Old 04-29-2004, 05:05 PM   #4960

well i am makeing the font bumper support so my car has no front half right nwo heheheheh

but yae the front brace is umm about 50 pounds even i cna get it down to about 10 so yae me and i will be selling them soon as well i goning to start to fab up parts for supras now

so give me some idea's peoeple i have bunch but lets see what will do some good and the rear bumper will be done as well so my gola is to hit 3000 pounds wiht 400 tot eh ground heheheh will i do i think i will

Old 04-29-2004, 05:33 PM   #4961

make some nice looking bolt in chassis braces
Old 04-29-2004, 05:39 PM   #4962

can't really it hard caus ei ned to buy custom bent pipe make flages and stuff that just make more money ect

Old 04-29-2004, 05:40 PM   #4963

i chould make you one toby but ti will cost you some money and it will beable to perload it aslwell but ti much effort for my car just welding them in is alot easyer

Last edited by NashMan; 04-29-2004 at 05:42 PM.
Old 04-29-2004, 07:31 PM   #4964
HELP ME PLS!!!

3000lbs and 400hp?

i dunno man, pretty high goal. but well worth shooting for...

weights going to be a problem for sure, and your turbo is going to be eating itself at psi high enough to make 400.. nitrous may be an idea. shoot some on your I/C core at the same time

also your rear end is gonna be freakin' useless with that much power and quick spool, so give it to me
Old 04-29-2004, 07:35 PM   #4965

when i have some free time ill model a peice on the computer... i registered for mechanical engineering for september, so ill be getting lots of shop time since i have 2 spares
Old 04-30-2004, 09:50 AM   #4966

well after i get seast and take the weight off the front that i am doing ti will be all good i be very close

as for power wiht full rebuilt eninge i will hit 400 and my turbo will get me there as for eating ti self alive naa i don't have 60 plus trim so should be safe

well back tot eh bummper hehe my car looks funny wiht just an ic up front

so whe do you get your lince back mur man

Old 04-30-2004, 11:42 AM   #4967
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

why dont i just buy you a hole shop and you can weld till your heart is content
legally blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 11:55 AM   #4968

LOL!!

Ryan, I told ya man.... remember the present
Old 04-30-2004, 05:05 PM   #4969
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Poor bob... i really am in a dilema, this supra is killing me. You guys cant shoot me but i might sell it yet... im still deciding, i have about a week to do some good long hard thinking. I wont say how much but the kid i bought it from is willing to make it worth my while lets just say that. He wants to offer huge coin for what its actually worth... but then like i said i dont want to sell it so im really stuck. The car had alot of sentimental value to him and he had to sell it cause the crediters were on his ass so i just caught him at the right time. I only paid $2500 bucks for it as most of you know. Man... this is tough. I dunno what im gonna do. I could sell it to him and buy another nice one. He is willing to pay me enough that i could buy another one. But if i sell it i would probably end up with my dream superbike. A brand new GSXR. Oh well, i guess i got some thinking to do. I posted this so that i could get some feedback on what you guys think i should do? Other than wanting to tie me to a fence and stone me to death please give honest opinions. I will be getting enough money back from it to cover the cost of parts i have into it, the purchase price, and then some, by quite a bit. Just remember that. Thats why its so hard for me to decide. Believe me, i really want this car, ive got so much money and time and sweat and blood into it and i havent even gotten to drive it yet that it will be very sad to see it go.... well... flame away guys...

'85 Toyota Celica GTS 22RE :angel: (Undergoing bodywork)
'86 Nissan Micra (Daily Driver - Gas God)
Slate 85GTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 06:05 PM   #4970

Bob, read your MSN

Seriously, with the amount of money you will be walking away with... I would do it if I were you. Man, you can buy another (running) supra for that price, and have cash to spare.

Then you can do the thinking after that... another supra? or a bike?
I feel wrong saying to get rid of your supra... really wrong. But, at the same time that is an offer that I wouldn't pass up if I were in your shoes. Tough decision!
Old 04-30-2004, 06:48 PM   #4971
HELP ME PLS!!!

keep it! or i'll shoot you, then stone you!

err, do whatever works out the best for ya...
Old 04-30-2004, 07:01 PM   #4972

Ok, if you want a Supra, keep it. I think it would be stupid to sell it and buy a running one because it won't be freshly rebuilt and will cost just as much. If you're ditching it, get a bike! Cheaper on gas, insurance, ferries. Also keep in mind either way you will need two vehicles because you don't want to run the bike or the supra in the winter.
Old 04-30-2004, 07:06 PM   #4973
HELP ME PLS!!!

get a MK2 beater, and the bike you wanted... done deal. and you still have a supra.
Old 04-30-2004, 07:13 PM   #4974

well he has an mk3 celica (like the mk2 supra).. and he's got work into that.. i don't want to see it go over the supra..
Old 04-30-2004, 07:39 PM   #4975

He already has the Celica. Rebuilt engine or not... for the price he could sell that back to the kid it's well worth it.
The celica is a nice car, seems to me like it is a perfect daily driver. Bob already said the supra would just be a summer car anyways, and I know how bad he wants that bike after talking to him about bikes a few times. A GSX-R will be fun enough, cheap on gas (which is a big thing!) and insurance, and will be way faster and at least as fun as the supra to drive in the summer months.

Bob, you do have some hours into that car... so that sort of makes it a tough call. I know you want to keep it too... I know exactly how you feel. I've almost sold my car to buy a bike twice, but I just couldn't do it. However, if someone offered the right price, I'd do it without thinking twice. It doesn't really matter what people will say, there really is TONS of supras that will be out there later on. And we all know that a good number of them will have been rebuilt at one time or another. Sure it might be rare to find a good one in BC, but there are other options.

Your supra is definetly nice, and would be a beauty when it's done. But I think a brand new gixxer would look just as nice sitting in the driveway