REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Island Off-Topic

Island Off-Topic "Must you always talk about cars?" Not in here.
For other things in life..

Old 06-29-2002, 01:40 AM   #601
HELP ME PLS!!!

ok boost controller is going on tommorow if it doesnt piss rain too much

what do you guy suggest for plug wires and plugs?? price doesnt really matter, i want no detonation at all, pure spark.. and anything that'll help me from running so rich

im running so rich, its BAD!!!!

when i drove up to auto-x i didnt have my S-AFC tuned to lean it out at low revs tho

ps - tire suggestions are needed...
Advertisement
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2002, 03:12 AM   #602
HELP ME PLS!!!

hehe who wants to see what you can find inside bibles in vancouver? sorry this is old and perverted, but funny as hell...

pussy inside bible

Last edited by Paradox; 06-29-2002 at 03:12 AM.
Old 06-29-2002, 08:40 AM   #603
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

ok as for tires i whould get pair of these whould make you really happy there like just about the best tire you can buy but exp as hell

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....+Pole+Position

as for plug wires get what i got pretty much the best you can get ngk wires nkg laser plugs
cost me just about 250 for the plug and wire i think or some thing like that

or you can get eh tire's i got but they will were faster the brigston ones but they have just abotu the same grip but i think the brigstons will be better

all so the friestone frie hawks are good but i whould go brige stone all the way

92 Toyota supra highly modified (The ice cream will never have a chance to melt)
89 exo cage Toyota truck (so many gears to choose from)

I own nothing that is practical hahahaha
NashMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2002, 09:03 AM   #604

one thing mury have you ever thought of getting fule puser regulater so you don't run lean when you get you new turbo

same as whiht better oil cooler

92 Toyota supra highly modified (The ice cream will never have a chance to melt)

Old 06-29-2002, 10:53 AM   #605

so who is all going to go to the auto x salum at the arena this sunday

i am going to be there are you toby and mury or who ever els wants to come

Old 06-29-2002, 04:46 PM   #606
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by NashMan
one thing mury have you ever thought of getting fule puser regulater so you don't run lean when you get you new turbo

same as whiht better oil cooler
yeah im thinking of ordering the AFPR mounting kit from suprasport, then getting a paxton AFPR from lordco or somewhere..

thanks for the tire and spark info, dude...

and nope, dont think i'll be going to that auto-x hehe, its too damn early in the morning
Old 06-29-2002, 04:53 PM   #607
HELP ME PLS!!!

i just installed the turboXS boost controller...

my first responce .. HOLY SHITE IS 15psi CRAZY!

where i have it set now, it spikes to 15psi, holds for a bit then slowely drops down to 11 or 12psi

i checked the wheel in the turbo again too, the play isnt too too bad and its not chipped or broken, so thats good i guess.

im still running far too rich, i think the AFPR is a must if i want to continue with using my fuel setup.. arggh gonna cost more $$$ than i expected to get it running well with the Lex AFM/550's
Old 06-29-2002, 06:39 PM   #608

i had some fun today i was driven along and out of the blue bang i see black supra so instead of going home like i planed i desided to fallow him i was an as and tailed him bit then he sped up keeping his pace

then he started for the highway so said this might be fun so i fallowed him hit the red light just befor the highway i was hehhe time to have some fun and sat there gave him nod like what up man

and wasy i said na i will give hi the hole shot and bang as i though he floored it then i said time for me to go so i did and i was keeping his pace hit 3rd was whiht him hit forth and was side by side hit full oter boost and started to pass him then i saw the most funnest face when he look at teh back of my car and it was like wtf hehehehe and you know what that means right buddy thought i had a na muahahhahaahahhahahahhahahahah

any ways his car was runing more rich then you car mury and he was back fireing like made man he all so staled his car as well

spec on car that think he is runign ssbov/3 inc exhuast or some sort to free flowing by the looks of it same tires as i run and spiffy wheels it allso is a 89 plus of somesort

never under estamte my car muahahahha my rear diff makes me a very hard person to beat untell i hit like 400rwhp then my rear diff is to tall

any ways i had fun and shocked the hell out of him we should try to find this guy and get him to come on rev scean and maybe one day make supra club of some sort any ways me need sleep caue si got to do nothing at work tonight caues i am on wcb hehehhe get paid to do easy shit no hard stuff for me for awail

Old 06-30-2002, 11:49 AM   #609
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

i went camping in Bamberton, i just got back. i got something new! a 3rd degree burn! i was usin a lighter to melt the end of a rope so it wouldnt fray, and a drop of the burning rope landed on my finger. took off 3 layers of skin, hurt liek a sonofabitch...

and i have to go to work at 2.... and then i work all day tomorrow... shit.

next weekend we're goin campin in Parksville, do me some MINIGOLF! hehe

murray.... you hav eto give me a ride in your car now that your runnign 15 psi
Enraged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 06:24 PM   #610
HELP ME PLS!!!

damn dude, ive done the exact same thing with burning rope... definetaly doesnt feel pretty. specially after it sticks to you and melts hardcore.. be expecting a nice scar from that. hehe

what day are you going to parksville? i think i'll be heading up thursday, not too sure how long im staying this time tho.

i might have to put my sawblades back on my car, or get new tires before i make that trip.. left rear is like totally bald in some spots

and yeah dude 15psi is just fucking nuts compared to before, i wonder what sorta HP #'s the CT26 would be making now?
it sure feels like a lot more, i was trying to tune it in a little better earlier today and think i gained some power up high, since theres no fuel map past 12psi the S-AFC basically controls all of that
Old 06-30-2002, 07:34 PM   #611

im goin up friday for the entire weekend probably.

saw you drive past my work, why didnt you stop and say hi? hehe

id say your makin around 350-370 rwhp, depending on your tuning. you would probably do the 1/4 mile in high 13s if your tires were good, i would think. apparantly you can run mid/high 12s with around 450 rwhp, with an NA diff (Dr Jonez ran 12.9 with 460 rwhp before he blew his engine).

so lets get this straight. you need: 550s, lexus afm, afpr, upgraded pump, s-afc, and ? thre is an adjustment screw on the Lexus afm, its under a cover though i think.... people were talkin about it on supraforums. if you took it out, it might lean you out a bit more.

i need a new job so i can catch up or maybe ill just go upgraded ct-26, and a nice 75 shot
Old 06-30-2002, 07:42 PM   #612

man today i was just tired as hell for some reson i chould not stop falling asleep

the auto x track looked like blast i wich i whent up there in time to race caues it was high speed couser whiht lot neat o turns

ps i saw supra up there but it was na and it stick on it saying auto x even thou i never saw him race befor plus buy the looks of it he got his cut or heated it is your clour toby

ps wheh was the last tiem you guys took you wing off boy wheni took mine off it did not look right so i put it back on but any way i notice that water was starting to leak in and such thous the bolt hole's so i cocked em up and such lucky i cought that sooner or i tchould get some bad rust there i think you guys should cheak dose not that that much time

Old 06-30-2002, 08:26 PM   #613
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Enraged
im goin up friday for the entire weekend probably.

saw you drive past my work, why didnt you stop and say hi? hehe

id say your makin around 350-370 rwhp, depending on your tuning. you would probably do the 1/4 mile in high 13s if your tires were good, i would think. apparantly you can run mid/high 12s with around 450 rwhp, with an NA diff (Dr Jonez ran 12.9 with 460 rwhp before he blew his engine).

so lets get this straight. you need: 550s, lexus afm, afpr, upgraded pump, s-afc, and ? thre is an adjustment screw on the Lexus afm, its under a cover though i think.... people were talkin about it on supraforums. if you took it out, it might lean you out a bit more.

i need a new job so i can catch up or maybe ill just go upgraded ct-26, and a nice 75 shot
Reg's Lex AFM/550 mod doesnt call for a bigger fuel pump, i just got that to prepare for higher boost... but yeah id say to be able to fully tune past 12psi you'll need the S-AFC, dont really need that screw in the AFM.

AFPR looks like a must... when i get out of my car now, all i can smell is gas. also when i installed the MBC i noticed black soot ontop of the CT26.. hehe looks like i got a oil leak in there somewhere, or crappy turbo seals. i'll slowely work on murdering the CT26 over the next few weeks, then get it all back together with the 20G. i just ordered the suprasport AFPR install kit, so now all i need is a paxton or aeromotive AFPR. hrmm.. hope lordco can get em, ordering shit from suprasport takes too damn long
Old 06-30-2002, 08:37 PM   #614

just got t lord co down town by toyota and ask for jason if he can't find one one eles in teh lordco chain can

yae i going to be makieng hard pipes soon ad it going to be so easy

alls i got to say is copper will work it will not melt tell 1100 and most liky get soft around like 850 so heheheh time to make some hard pips plus it will be kida fun making my supra bit diffent then every body els's

once i don i give off the mesure ment and such

and the best part it not gona cost me that much

Old 07-01-2002, 01:59 AM   #615
HELP ME PLS!!!

what should the total cost of doing them in copper cost?

if it can be painted, i might be interested... but the copper look itself just doesnt sit right in my mind (or under my hood)

i hope to get some aluminum hardpipes, then maybe powder coat them black. might be expensive.... but so is everything else that ive had to do on my car lately.. arggh!

after i rebuilt the tranny, my car better be worth like 50 thousand dollars or im gonna be pissed! altho, in reality id be lucky to get like 20K, which is sad because ive yet to see another MK3 in as good of condition as mine and with as many mods on this island... or anywhere for that matter. ive seen 91T 100% stock with a waaaaaaay nicer interior, i guess thats about the closest.

im generally pissed at my car right now, that o2 sensor didnt change a damn thing and im still idling like garbage, i think the seals on the turbo are toast and theres black shit shooting out of the turbo itself (altho i first saw this before i raised boost, i think it was from when i tried to drive my car with the S-AFC totally messed and using the wrong AFM setup)... MVP better hurry up with my 20G before all hell breaks loose.

the only good thing out of all of this, when i pull "1" thru to "D" at full throttle, it gets going so damn fast i barely have any time to check the gauges
Old 07-01-2002, 07:33 AM   #616

hehehhe power is fun but to much power can make me lose my load and that is no fun caue's i what it to last longer hehehehhe

the one thing i liek about my car is it looks like shit and will soone be much more powerfull to serton dagree will i ever get after market turbo most likly not i whould most likly upgrade the turbo it's self and just run new 550 and lex and uped ct26 at run 12 to 14 psi and i will not have to upgrade my inter cooler

but i will not do that for long time not ontell i own my car fully or maybe to anther supra

and mury why use 1 to drive it is points less in most case you can break your trans that way then reack teh converter and such and plus the power you are pushing i whoul not recomed it just use drive

ect and drive ect makes you car red line high akak eletoricle controled transmissoin

Last edited by NashMan; 07-01-2002 at 07:46 AM.
Old 07-01-2002, 01:43 PM   #617
HELP ME PLS!!!

dude i can almost gaurantee that using "1" thru "d" would make the car atleast a second faster on 1/4 mile

it just doesnt pickup aswell if you leave it in "D" and punch it.
Old 07-01-2002, 04:26 PM   #618
HELP ME PLS!!!

changing spark plugs is not a fun job in these cars...
im doing it right now

hehe
Old 07-01-2002, 05:17 PM   #619

doesnt take me more than 15 min with a 5 min "beverage" break.
Old 07-01-2002, 05:19 PM   #620

oh ya, and tires? i want BF Goodrich KDWs for my car, the are one of the best tires tested by Sport Compact Car. I've also heard that Falkens new model is great in the dry, but not so great in the wet.
Old 07-01-2002, 07:22 PM   #621
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Enraged
oh ya, and tires? i want BF Goodrich KDWs for my car, the are one of the best tires tested by Sport Compact Car. I've also heard that Falkens new model is great in the dry, but not so great in the wet.
marlon at pennisula quoted me $529.80 for the BF T/A G-KDW 17/40/235's about a month ago, he even printed out the quote, so now i can hold him to his price quote! heheh. as for wet driving, i doubt my car will even be on the road in the winter, if i dont get a winter beater im just gonna drive my moms 240sx or something.

as for replacing plugs, christ i dunno how you can pull it off in 15 minutes. i guess after you've done it once it'll be easier next time. i only replaced sparks # 1,2 5 and 6. 3 and 4 are a biotch to get at without removing the throttle cables and ICS piping. taking all that off was a first for me, so i didnt want to get too hasty. i'll do that later.. i left the coil pack cover off too, thinking about painting it, but if i paint it and remove the turbo badge, you guys got any ideas of what i can use to glue that badge back on their after its painted?

also started polishing the 3000pipe, and yeah Ryans right, it does look kinda funny when its polished. i might just paint that too.

none the less after new plugs im no longer super pissed at my car, and for the first time ever today i accelerated so fast that the CDs in the little holder thing under the CD deck went shooting out of there... boost rules!
Old 07-01-2002, 08:00 PM   #622

its easy.

take off the 3000 pipe (its harder for me since i have an larger upper hardpipe). remove the throttle cable bracket (2 bolts on the side of the valve cover, and i think 2 on top). remove the coil pack (4 nuts, one at each corner). its even easier if you have one of those wobbly ratchet attachments. i should change my plugs and oil and filter this week...

it was scary the first time i did it, but its very easy now.

i also my hardpipe with some high temp paint, looks ok, better than bare slightly rusting metal....

im so fucking bored.... my favorite Counterstrike server is down and i suck on all the other ones... i have heartburn (Mikes Hard Rasberry tastes like bottled shit).... and i work at 6 fucking 30 tomorrow....
Old 07-01-2002, 08:09 PM   #623
HELP ME PLS!!!

yeah seems easy enough, i just didnt wanna screw anything up... you know how our cars can be, like half the time to work on one thing you have to remove like 10 other things.. heh.

anyways, did you paint anymore of the interior of your car? i saw some pics of a guys car on supraforums today that he painted, and it looked pretty damn good.

also im a dumbass, i might need the silicon connector for the 3000pipe now, just to be 100% sure im not boost leaking. i noticed that it was pretty brittle and hard when i removed it.. what size did you order from hosetechniques? and how did it work out for you?

ps - Ryan, NGK lasers seem way better than Bosch plugs. Ohh and i went to lordco in sidney and asked about the AFPR, that jason guy must be like a general manager or something because they said to come back tommorow and ask for him (at the sidney location)
Old 07-01-2002, 08:12 PM   #624
HELP ME PLS!!!

Mikes hard rasberry? geez man, borrowing drinks from your girlfriend? :P
Old 07-01-2002, 10:32 PM   #625

it was the only liquor in the fridge... im all outta crown...

it came out to around $120 i think, thats for 3 2.5" and 1 2.75" connector + shipping....

two major roadblocks for painting my interior... the seats, and removing the dash...